Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archive please used the wrong number system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name of Bounty: [member="Fos Misao"]
Name of Contractor: Me
Bounty Price: 1,000,000,000
That was not a typo, and I stole a trillion credits from the os, in the ic.
Condition: To be made into a eunuch
Additional Info: Likes Val'hala

Matreya

So, not that I have a single issue with this (other than the highest bounty ever to hit the site or star wars period), but why? You simply do not have a reason. Other than, "Cause."

Per Vaildra's information, I am the only one of us acknowledging that those threads even happened. Which means your char is wasting a trillion credits on someone she has only met once when they both were in the OS.

As well, can I also get a link to where you stole that much? Because as it is, that much money easily bankrupts a dozen star systems, twice over.

[member="Sabine Kurtass"]

sabrina

[member="Fos Misao"] having problem finding the thread
but one of [member="Solan Charr"] character was there at time
Found it here post 6

As for bounty why not, have to make sure people don't put bounty on me or my love ones.

Matreya

Well, without the thread I doubt anyone (honestly with the thread) would take this serious. Except maybe Blonde. So, I wish you luck.

And will legitimately take any takers that come Damien's way.

With this in mind: though I had picked a new avatar during the end of my reign as your boss, I hadn't encorporated it ic. So whomeevr takes this will be searching for a man with a new face, name, body, home, etc.

[member="sabrina"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Woah. That's a lot of money. The money of entire interstellar states and empires. That's the kind of thing that destroys entire worlds and systems when you remove it, or something close to a decade of mid-tier capital production revenue - all in one go, of course. Unless you stole a five to fifteen kilometer long warship (which, lets face it, nobody did 700+ posts for this), I doubt you could ever just "take" that kind of money, even in asset value. It's just not there to begin with to be taken.

sabrina

[member="Fos Misao"] one I found the thread, and it is a billion. Pocket change to me
[member="Cheshire"] go for it then

Nyxie

【夢狐】
My point was that there isn't some offshore bank account with trillions of credits just lying in it that you could open up and steal from before quitting the job. And even the only things I can think of that canonically cost in the trillions range would have been made over years out of various assets and modules which were produced and thus don't have the same relative value.

TLDR: It's impossible to have that money without massive work stealing something big and solid.

Matreya

Sabine Kurtass said:
My vision might be obscured...

That was not a typo, and I stole a trillion credits from the os, in the ic
Nope. You said Trillion.

Either or, a Billion is still WEALTHY. To have that stolen, yet never be chased for it? Etcetera? Its... ridiculous...

That seems like a lot to hunt just one guy.

Like, enough that the entire Alliance would be bankrupting several key officials to handle paying the taker, and... for castration? That's a bit silly.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Again, the point was that a war fund isn't just a massive account full of money. Do you think DARPA just goes out every few years and says "Well, I'm gonna drop several dozen trillion dollars into X or Y project and we're gonna be super-badass afterwards!"? (well, yes, but welcome to the American debt >_>). No, we have industries that produce many of the higher-cost things that would otherwise drive prices up the roof, and we spend in proportioned, progressive chunks. Tax revenue, trade, etc, slowly cover the rest of the going costs.

So in essence you can't steal what wasn't there. But I digress... a billion is a lot more reasonable. That's the cost of a couple ISDs IIRC (may be a bit off), so to have something like that at the ready in case one is lost in a major naval op is far from unbelievable. Money like that still doesn't go unnoticed though.

Matreya

God yes. Please add that in.

Please.

Edit the post to reflect the bountt as:

According to the British version of a trillion!!

[member="sabrina"]

Seriously, please do so.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Also... how does the dollar or pound or UK multiples (or scientific) affect the galactic average value of a Star Wars credit? One trillion credits is one trillion credits.

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Edit: spoilered because these google images keep being huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom