Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Arach

Status
Not open for further replies.
37bfa83e00e6edabff33ac96bf641da8.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Tashra's father
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Tashra
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Songsteel, Ayalayli Thornwood hilt wrapped with black synthlether for grip.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sword
  • Size: hand and a half
  • Length: Hilt: 30 cm Blade: 86 cm total lenght 116 cm
  • Weight: 1 kg.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber resistance.

Strengths:
  • Sharp: This sword is very sharp, capable of cutting through bone, though not with ease.
  • Lightweight: This weapons weight makes it easy to get in quick strikes and manipulating it in mid range melee combat.
  • Songsteel: This weapon is Lightsaber resistant due to this material.
Weaknesses:
  • Range: This is a melee weapon and a rather long one, as such is when in the shorter ranges of melee combat it is extremely hard to manipulate it to any significant degree to protect oneself.
  • Sharpness: Though this weapon is sharp it won't be cutting through any walls or blast doors, at most it might get a light cut into durasteel armor, not through it by any means, but that's the extent of it's cutting power as this also dulls it's edge.
  • Use: Using the weapon will cause wear and tear as well as dull the blades edge, as such striking steel dulls the edge with each strike and it needs to be resharpened often. As such striking steel or hard armors will cause the edge to dull with only a few strikes.
DESCRIPTION
When Tashra was born her father spent a few months contemplating the design for her personal blood sword all the while collecting Songsteel from the mines he worked at. Once sufficient material was collected he took almost a month of vacation time to craft the sword, determined to make the perfect sword for his first born.

Along the blade are Cernun familial runes that display Tashra's parents affection for her, under the synthleather wrapping of the hilt is the swords name Arach, which was a great dragon of Cernun legend and came to Tashras mother in a dream when cradling her as an infant.

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Tashra said:
Lightsaber and Blaster resistance.
Please add these to the strengths.

Tashra said:
Lightweight: Due to this weapon being lightweight it's weight doesn't add anything to the force of the strike brought on by this weapon.
1kg is maybe on the light side for a hand-and-a-half sword, but it'll still have plenty of cutting power. Please either change the weight or remove this weakness.

Tashra said:
Range: This is a melee weapon and as such is subject to the limitations of melee weaponry. As such the range of the weapon is the length of the blade, if more range is wished with the weapon it has to be thrown and as such it leaves the wielder without the weapon.
This is not a legitimate weakness (i.e. that will actually hinder the writer in a PvP scenario). Considering you've added blaster resistance - which is not mentioned in the songsteel wookieepedia page - I'll need another weakness to balance this.

[member="Tashra"]

I've made a few changes and not arguing at all but I wanted to clarify something, A normal hand and a half sword weighs around 1.1-1.8 kg and Songsteel is described as being a very lightweight material.
[member="Aria Vale"]

Tashra said:
A normal hand and a half sword weighs around 1.1-1.8 kg and Songsteel is described as being a very lightweight material.
Like I said, it's light for a hand-and-a-half sword but overall it'd still have plenty of force behind strikes.

Again, though - I'm not seeing any legitimate weaknesses. Currently, they look like this:

Tashra said:
Range: This is a melee weapon and a rather long one, as such is when in the shorter ranges of melee combat it is extremely hard to manipulate it to any significant degree to protect oneself.
Tashra said:
Lightweight: This weapons weight makes it easy to get in quick strikes and manipulating it in combat.
  • This strength seems to contradict the weakness.
  • A weapon being easy or hard to manipulate is something that, in a PvP scenario, is down to the user and not their opponent to write - it's not likely to hinder the writer themself.
Tashra said:
Sharpness: Though this weapon is sharp it won't be cutting through any walls or blast doors, at most it might get a deep cut into durasteel armor but that's the extent of it's cutting power.
This comes across more of a strength than a weakness.

Tashra said:
Use: Too much use of the weapon will cause wear and tear as well as dull the blades edge.
Again, this is not something that will be written into play in PvP and as such isn't much of a drawback.

This sword is lightsaber resistant and blaster resistant. Considering the latter is not even named as a quality of songsteel on the wiki, I'll need at least two solid weaknesses that the user's opponent has an opportunity to write in PvP before I can stamp this.

[member="Tashra"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom