Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Approaching Destiny

The Jedi Master had found his way into the Temple on Commenor. He had stepped into the spot that would be his ‘office’ of sorts. He’d be teaching some classes, including piloting, and advanced Force-combat techniques. The Jedi had sent a message to Caedyn Arenais, one that didn’t seem like it was threatening. It was to be calm, but still, he wanted to speak to the Knight. He gave instructions to meet out in the new hangar that was going up. Kaia was working to deliver a few different ships and Coren and his droid Porter were out on the floor working on the T-70 to make sure it was ready. He had his cloak off on the ground to the side, and was in just the typical spacer garb, working on the S-Foil.

Apparently it was not working right, but he would fix that. “Ok, Porter, try one more time…” He shook his head as it wasn’t working, but this was more a rebuild so he could start disabling parts of the ship so the technomancers were able to have something to fix. The Jedi was letting the Force just relax around him, not holding it as tight as it was normally. He wanted to keep his presence known but not exactly broadcasting he was back in the galaxy. This Sith would be there, but he wasn’t about to call them down on the Silver Jedi. At least in the Outer Rim he could disappear, but… he was done running.

He needed to be a leader, and he could do that without the threat of bringing his enemies down on his new family. Literal and figurative family. With the situation around Kyra, with Celeste so close to having their children, he had to be prepared. And with his missing time, he knew he had to learn a few things about what was going on, and if there was anyone who could assist with that, it would be the Arenais heir.

Caedyn Arenais

C
It was strange to be spending so much of his time back home on Commenor again, the Order of the Silver Jedi having decided to double their investments in the World and declare it their new Capital. The Jedi Temple there was one of two facilities that sought to educate and train Force Users, however there wasn't yet anything akin to the image that the Silver Rest had portrayed to their people, as well as those outside of their Organization.

It was a massive and time consuming undertaking, much of the Silver Fleet having to be re-positioned over Commenor with foreign borders so much closer there than what Kashyyyk had seen. Having renewed the presence of House Arenais, Caedyn had turned his attention to assisting in the process of this monumental shift.

While he had been delegating over the appraisal of the Temple's training wing, what needed improvements and what would otherwise remain unchanged, he had received invitation from the Jedi Master Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , a request to meet with him in the Hangar. Naturally it was a request that Caedyn knew to place priority upon. The astromech droid Chip barreling down the hallway alongside the Jedi Knight as they made their way.

"Master Starchaser" Caedyn greeted the man, announcing himself casually whilst the elder Jedi Master seemed to be in full pursuit of his vessels inner workings; "I see the Outer Rim has been kind" he smirked, looking over the T-70. "You decide to stay on Commenor for a while?" He asked in further curiousity, having expected Coren to make himself scarce after the invitation to the Family Estate.

The Core was not too much of a difference for Coren, well, not honestly. Recently though, he was on the Rim, and he assumed it would be for life. His family was Corellian, and they had their estate there, and it wasn’t too far a hop from Commenor… Maybe he’d talk to Kaia and see what she wanted to do. Helping out with the Silvers, not with too much pushback from Celeste was definitely something unique. With the Alliance, the Jedi were part of the government, but he also focused on the military, in the OPA, Fringe Federation, and Levantine… Force Coren had been around… but it felt good to help here. The Silvers did have longevity as it came to Jedi in the galaxy. Maybe it was where he belonged?

The Fleets had been moving, and Kaia and Starchaser Enterprises were offering their services for shorter routes and as local system plots, all while Coren was working on settling in, and seeing if they’d even accept him as a teacher. Even if he wasn’t a teacher, he had a lot of knowledge to pass by and could be an advisor to many a Jedi. And hopefully to his late friend’s son.

Someone had to watch out for the next generation, and with Veiere gone, maybe it had to be Coren.

As Caedyn arrived, Coren turned from the ship and Porter kept going about his task, working with the X-Wing’s systems to see if he could fix anything, or identify the main problem. “Caedyn, glad you could ake some time.” It was not said sarcastically, the Knight was one of the senior members, and Commenor was his world. “Outer Rim has been kind, but the Alliance in Exile safe on Sullust, its time to take a more focused eye on the Jedi. How would you feel about me being around the Order’s space more often?”

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
From what Caedyn could recall of his time in the Outer Rim, it was anything but kind. His Service to those pasts had been moving from place to place, never staying in one spot long enough to make friends and never dealing with anything but criminals or missing persons cases to have the opportunity to do so. There had been many good people in the Outer Planets Alliance, although some questionable methods taken by their Judges at times, 'the ends justify the means' didn't exactly fly straight with Caedyn's ideology. Alas, the Outer Rim sorely needed good people and there was never any shortage of work needed of a Jedi there...-Being called back to the Silver Rest hadn't been his plans, yet Elise had asked for his help in a certain delicate matter and he had chosen to return to them full-time in the end.

"It's been a few years..." Caedyn reminded Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser in response to the man's appreciation, "How could I say no" he smiled warily of himself, scratching the back of his neck out of a subconscious habit, there seeming to be some anxiety present about the Jedi Knight. There were a number of reasons that Caedyn assumed were the cause of Coren's being there, however the most obvious and likely one at the forefront of his mind was Caedyn's Padawan whom had recently discovered herself to be Coren's own Daughter.

"This wouldn't happen to be about my Padawan, would it Coren?" Caedyn asked the man by name, lifting his gaze a little, bracing himself within for some sort of expression of disagreement or scrutiny over the pairing between himself and Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . As much as Caedyn respected his fellow Jedi Master, he had put a lot of work and effort into making the apprenticeship their own, and didn't like the idea of being babysat or monitored in his approach.

The Outer Rim had a peace to it that the Core just didn’t. Starchaser knew he’d miss it, but from what he was understanding, the galaxy was at a weak point, and the Silvers may need him more than the Rim. Kaia would be out there to support the OPA but Coren’s place wasn’t there. His place had always been in the thick of it. Sure, now he had twins on the way and a daughter of the Perl-suasion, but he still was a Jedi, and perhaps one of the more powerful in the galaxy. Or at least one who was not afraid to show what he was capable of. Coming to the Silver Jedi felt like a natural step, he’d always done his best to support them, but there were times where he had more freedom in the Alliance or the OPA. And finding his way to Commenor? It was… unexpected.

No lava. No trees.

“It really has. At least for anything of note. I’m sorry to hear about your father, when I returned. He was a good man. Was expecting him to be here, leading the Silvers by the time I got back.” And that was not banthapoodoo, Coren felt if anyone was going to lead the Silver Jedi, or the Jedi in general, it would be Veiere Arenais. Or Caedyn. But from what he understood, the latter was still a Knight. Interesting, that.

“My daughter? Not expressly.” He winked and grinned. “Partly a social call, and partly to check on her progress. But also, to check on your progress.” He took a beat to organize his thoughts. “What do they have you working on here, teaching, anyone helping you?”

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
My daughter? Not expressly”.​

Caedyn's brows furrowed ever so slightly, an unwilling flinch in response to his answer. It was strange how quickly his mind and heart decided to feel like he had been pushed on his back foot by the mere sentiment. Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser was Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's father...-Why did that seem to be so...Discomforting.

The two had met briefly together in the past, Caedyn had the advantage of hearing about the Jedi Master through his Father's Holocron. Tales over the past and Veiere's former life lessons, some of which had been by the result of Coren's presence in his Father's life...yet when it concerned his Padawan; It almost felt like an instinctive need to feel protective of her. That in itself struck Caedyn a little, it was a questionable weight that didn't sit right within him.

"Your Daughter...-Kyra, I'm quite proud of the progress she's made" Caedyn answered the Jedi Master, though his gaze turned to the Starfighter, a momentary look of distance in his eye.

"The Silver Assembly called for me during my service in the Outer Rim..." He explained, "Otherwise I'd probably still be at the Enclave on Svivren. Since returning to Kashyyyk though...-It's been a bit of everything. Kyra has the most of my time but...-The other students need guidance and most of our Knights and Masters are caught up in their duties off-world". It wouldn't take long for the Jedi Master to notice that their student to mentor ratio was heavily in favor of those needing training...

"Our move to Commenor was a surprise...-Though not an unwelcome one" he smiled for the first time, speaking of his home-world. Caedyn had been needing an excuse to stop avoiding the World he was raised upon. There was so much history there...-But also so much pain and loss for his family and what they had built up. At the end of the day, he was just glad to be back on the surface, feeling like he had a place to return to when things felt too much.

"As for my progress...-That's all me, I'm afraid; Has been that way ever since my Master left the Je'daii. Even my Knighthood was self-appointed" Caedyn shook his head with a laugh in his own expense. "I was on my own for a long time between the Je'daii and the Silvers. Like you said, my Father was always the one who fit the part around here".

The Jedi Master knew what he was doing. He was a Light Sider, he was learning what it meant to be a Jedi. Compassion and love were central to the action of most Jedi. At least the more combat minded ones. He was perfectly fine accepting Kyra into his life, and into his legacy. He didn’t want it to weigh on her too greatly though, that was what happened to Jared and Kaia.

Though, they both rose to meet the legacy. Kyra, her story was unwritten. He felt bad for not having her in his mind, but in a way, he did. Starchaser was a Watchman for the whole galaxy. And that included her, and Caedyn, those who would support his mission even if not taking an active part of it. He was a fighter, and he fought for reasons. Now, he was a scholar, he learned, and he was working to better the galaxy another way. Smiling at the younger man, he nodded.

“She seems to have her gifts, but her mother is a strong Force user as well.” Watching the Knight’s gaze to the ramshackled green X-Wing, he grinned before the realizing that Caedyn was looking elsewhere, into the reason he was here.

Nodding, he listened. “Who is watching the Enclave now?” It wasn’t the most pressing matter at hand, but he still was interested. The OPA was his home. But the Force had called them both here, there was something else afloat, be it destiny, or something else. Luck? Watching Caedyn he took a beat to understand. “Perhaps there is a reason that we’re both here.” For his own part, he wasn’t exactly sure as to why. He supported the Silvers, but he supported all Jedi. Still, something called him here.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"You might actually appreciate hearing this now that you mention it..." Caedyn turned at the question over the Enclave of Svivren and all that he'd left behind; "Before returning to Kashyyyk I had managed to establish The Jedi Coalition...-Named out of respect for the Outer Rim Coalition, but also connecting a number of primary locations of the Order in the Outer Rim through networking. Eira Pechal was among those locations" Caedyn smiled, knowing that Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser had had an active role in the Jedi Praxeum there.

"I have to admit that there's a number of questionable circumstance linking us all together, something I've noticed since coming to take your Daughter for my Padawan. I knew nothing of her family when the Assembly called her to my attention, yet over the time she and I have had more than a few somewhat significant things in common. You being her Father was the most recent surprise, given your history with Veiere..." Nothing had played out the way that Caedyn had imagined it would in taking a Padawan for the first time, however that wasn't to say he had any regrets. While at first it seemed that Kyra and he would be a grandiose struggle, the time that had passed had left Caedyn confidentially able to say he'd change none of it.

"While I don't know what the reasons are, there've been many times where I've had these moments of wonder. Times that felt as though they'd been choreographed...-Rather than walking into them blind. I am a believer in the Will of the Force...I don't like to put things down to mere coincidence. Although a little more insight would go a long way..." He chuckled quietly under his breath, turning to gauge the Jedi Master's response.

The Master had a smile on his face with this. The way that Caedyn had worked, it was definitely something that Coren himself would have preferred to do. The Jedi had disappeared for a bit, but he was tracking down his own history, and his own knowledge. Maybe it was time for someone to take the next step of the Jedi leadership forward. He wanted to be the one who unified the Jedi, but maybe he was the catalyst for others. He could be the teacher. “Eira Pechal is a good world. The Praxeum there is very important, even if its more focused on protection and assistance than Coren used to be. Now, though, the Master had changed.

“To be honest, I suspected a bit about her, when I’ve seen her but I never knew for certain. That was… a difficult statement to provide her. Her mother and I have known each other for a spell, and there was a time…” He didn’t need to go into it any further than that. “But I do agree, there is a lot of the Force pushing the families together. I am unsure what it means.” All Jedi didn’t need to come from specific families. But there were certain families that had connections and powerful bloodlines.

“The Living Force has always been where I’ve focused, the Unifying Force does seem to have something for us. Though, I’m not sure what it is. I feel I learned a bit on my trip… honeymoon. I don’t think its that we are supposed to fight, maybe we’re supposed to teach…”

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I suppose from my Je'daii training, I sit somewhere in between both of the theories of the Living and the Unifying Force. It's as much a spiritual guide for me as it is a natural blanket of living energies spanning the Galaxy" Caedyn smiled warily. He didn't often talk about his spiritualism, it was something most seemed to steer clear of in conversation yet the embodiment of Ashla and Bogan were ingrained in his training and somewhere between Je'daii and Jedi, he had come to believe that the Force was more than just 'present' in the Galaxy.

"And honestly, there's not much left of my Family to bring into the fold" he added after a moment of quiet reflection; "My Father was the only other Jedi among us, and he's gone now. I don't think there's going to be any high expectations of me, and my Sister's off dealing with a Rebellion against the Eternal Empire. Mom...-Well, she's not been the same since the collapse of the Systems Alliance" he concluded with reference to Commenor and how many other worlds they had previously stood vigil over. Many of those worlds now protected by the Silver Jedi and the New Galactic Alliance.

"After being brought up in a life revolving around Politics, it's plain to see how easily the Jedi can get twisted up in the self serving desires of Galactic Powers around us. The Order of the Silver Jedi does a good job of protecting and keeping the peace within the millions of peoples under them but I do worry for the rest of the Galaxy" he looked to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , curious to see if the Jedi Master understood where he was coming from. Caedyn had no interest getting entangled within the politics, yet so many nations suffered under wars started for ridiculous reasons. To his mind, Life was the one thing that ought to be cherished above all else. It seemed the purest representation and portray of the Will of the Force.

The Je’daii training that Caedyn had spoken of was always interesting. Starchaser himself was looking for more evidence and trainings from the Prime Jedi, understanding that the Prime served the balance, the Living and Unifying, and an understanding of both the Bogan and the Ashla. The Force did have a way of binding those together that it needed. From what he understood, it had awaken the mythical Rey Skywalker to help bring the galaxy from the brink of darkness. It had to have some say in things.

It was life, why wouldn’t it protect the same? “Your father isn’t gone, he’s with you, just need to listen.” The Master nodded. He knew of the Arenais family, a bit. “Your mother just needs to be brought into the right direction, these things happen, look at your father. He was able to come back. As for your sister… I can help direct some of the Underground to assist, if the rebels need it.” He heard ‘Empire’ and was automatically ready to go to war. But for Coren, it was a different war. It was a war of leadership. A war of being a beacon and leading the way.

Rallying those who would fight.

“It’s a challenge. Even within my Alliance, the Jedi were forbidden from entering politics, but we helped on the war front. With the Silvers, it will be interesting to see what comes of some of the changes.” He wasn’t sure they’d have ever left the treetops of Kashyyyk. “The Silvers are able to focus inward, but they’ve seen the trials I had gone through, the galaxy sometimes doesn’t want to change. If we be a beacon, however, we can light sparks.” He shrugged. “And I think that may be why we’ve all been called together.”

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Mom and Dad are quite a bit different when it comes to things like the Jedi and the Force. Dad helped to teach her some things way back before Lori and I were around, but Mom doesn't trust the Order of the Silver Jedi and she doesn't believe in the Force in the same way we do. She's always been more of a Politician than a Jedi and so it's not that she's 'fallen' like Veiere did...-Just more she's lost faith in herself. I don't know what you remember of the Monarchy of Commenor and House Arenais back then but our leave wasn't exactly...Graceful".

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Arenais wore the past like a bad of shame, unable to forgive herself for what had become of Commenor; Although the majority of the blame lay upon Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis in his corrupting her and manipulating her reach over the leadership of the Trade Capital, the Galaxy didn't see things that way and she had gone from Queen to Convict, to an involuntary escapee thanks to her Mandalorian friends...

Veiere eventually convinced her to meet with the Silver Assembly, as he himself was a member of the Silver Jedi's circle of leadership at the time and although he held no part in the decision making process, Kay had still been pardoned of all guilt from their perspective of things. Unfortunately their decision only went as far as Silver Space went, and did not remove her of those whom sought to do her harm. For the longest time, she had isolated herself in hiding and so her arrival during the reunion at the House Arenais Estate was a great surprise, and a welcome relief.

"I'm just happy she's back home and safe for the time being. She may not be Queen anymore, but as long as she's here on Commenor and within my reach she can at-least be given the chance to live a normal life again".

It was strange talking to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser in this way, their first meeting had been one of formality and first impressions as fellow Jedi. Today however seemed to be somewhat...More relaxed, and as though they were standing on mutual ground, a shared purpose as Coren had pointed out in a manner of speaking. Talking about his family, Caedyn realized he hadn't actually spoken to anyone outside of Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe about the things House Arenais had been through over the years.

"What about you though?" Caedyn changed the subject in order to avoid telling their life story, so to speak; "A Jedi Master of the Galactic Alliance and widely known about the Outer Rim from what I've heard. The things I know of you, only come from stories and word of mouth. Otherwise I can't say we've talked about the ordeals you've been through as a Jedi...-Any perl's of Wisdom?" the play on words in conclusion was 100% intentional.

Many people had their own issues with the Jedi, not just the Silvers or New Jedi Order, or whoever were throwing the banner of the Jedi into the mainstream that day. As for the discussion of fallen, he was seen nodding as a result. “I remember pieces of Commenor. My focus was… elsewhere during that time.” Screaming and hurling Light at the Sith, most likely, but it didn’t change the fact he was looking elsewhere, beyond the world.

He understood that events could be misconstrued, and sometimes, they were how they were seen, but very rarely did everyone have all the missing pieces. Someone’s intent could easily be seen different than what they had intended, and sometimes, that was the problem. Coren could understand, and when he had everything before him could make any judgement. This was much different than then Coren Starchaser that existed in the galaxy during the height of his crusade.

“I’ve been around the galaxy a fair spell, this is true.” He nodded, and felt that he didn’t need to share the past, as Caedyn Arenais was well read and understood the past. “After the War took me out to the Outer Rim, and I helped find a home for my people…” The Alliance in Exile… “I think the galaxy is at a crux. I’ve been only briefly caught up, but I do know we need to be here to be a shield, I’m not sure being the spear is what we need anymore.”

Keeping the status quo, not working to be the unstoppable force against an immovable object.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
“I think the galaxy is at a crux. I’ve been only briefly caught up, but I do know we need to be here to be a shield,
I’m not sure being the spear is what we need anymore"
"If that's your line of thinking, the Order of the Silver Jedi may be what you're looking for after all" Caedyn remarked, looking out towards the mouth of the Hangar thoughtfully on this; "The New Galactic Alliance seem to be on the attack with regards to the Sith Empire and other Darksiders, however much of our focus here in Silver Space has been about protecting those within our reach and strengthening our borders in order to ensure they're able to live free of discrimination and the violence we see from other powers currently present in the Galaxy" he explained from his point of view. Caedyn wasn't a member of the Assembly or even one of noteworthy stature among the Silvers. He was a Jedi Knight all the same as every other.

His views came mostly from his own service within Silver Space, and he rarely found himself undertaking assignments on the attack against other organizations or peoples. Frankly, anything to avoid having to commit to violence, unless out of protecting others, was a worthwhile cause to pursue in his mind. Many Jedi held this need to 'defeat the dark side' while forgetting that it was one half of the Force and would forever remain present in the Galaxy no matter how hard they tried. Balance, no light without the darkness, and vice versa.

"The Students would certainly benefit from your teaching, Master" Caedyn continued, "Many of them are without mentors and so rely on the Classes offered by the Order. Unfortunately the demand is higher than my ability to commit to these lessons...-Yet I can't help but want more for them, at the same time" he offered a faint, half smile to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser . It was an unfortunate fact, yet he was also certain that Coren had a wealth of experience to offer them.

He knew what needed to be done, they needed to prepare the next generation, but at the same time, Coren wasn’t sure his fight was done. He had gone far and wide to the galaxy to find his path, but it lead him back here. Maybe it was tied to Carnifex, maybe not. He really wasn’t sure. But now that he was back, and without investigating much, the local galaxy felt a bit… more resolved? “I’ve worked with the Silvers a bit in the past, and on and off before I went on the honeymoon.” Or hiatus, whatever. He would nod about the New Jedi Order. “I’m glad someone was, but it didn’t seem to work if we went about it my way, so its time for me to allow someone else to fight. I’ll be there to defend worlds, but I’m thinking that going and looking for trouble wasn’t the smartest.” Or best approach.

Coren was an explorer, a wanderer, a Jedi Master, he was a lot of things, but a warrior, that was something which surprised even himself. He knew that the fight for freedom and peace would be, ironically, long and bloody, and he’d seen far too many be lost to it. The darkness was something that would be there as much as the light, and the two sides needed one another, but if the darkness could be held in check… that may be the way to go about it.

“Master?” He grinned. “I’m not sure many will be calling me that, after my displays within the Alliance previously.” He did a lot of good, if you ask him, but there were also times where things didn’t go so well for him. “If it wouldn’t start some schism in their ranks, I’d gladly offer my expertise where I can.” It had grown recently, but he was confident in what he could teach. “Not trying to raise an army, but the Jedi should know what they’re up against…”

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Anyone that's able to point them in the right direction will be of value, really. You've got more experience than most that I've met with recently, unless my Father's holocron is mistaken?" Caedyn asked Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser curiously. The Jedi Master was being humble, although Caedyn was a little intrigued as to what exactly it was about the man's past that made him disregard his position as a Jedi Master. It was an honorific title earned through great accomplishments and dedication to the Order.

"I'm far from perfect myself, though being a Jedi doesn't take away our flaws, as much as I hate to admit it" he smiled warily, knowing well that he still had a long journey ahead of him before Caedyn might consider himself one of the greater practitioners among their number. "Besides, your Daughter likes to point them at at the earliest opportunity" Caedyn remarked in humor trying to sway the conversation in a lighter direction.

"I don't suppose you have any idea's as to where you might get involved with the Silvers specifically? Anything you're looking for in particular...-A Padawan or to get involved with our healers in the Silver Circle?".

Starchaser tipped his head to the side. He tried to be a modest Jedi. He knew what his skills were, but there were others who did things their own way, and gathered a following as well. “I mean, if your father’s holocron says it, maybe its right.” A Corellian grin on his face. Starchaser had his own way of doing things, but even with his intensity if combat, he was a Jedi, and he was the one who enjoyed learning more about the Force, as much as he could. He was doing his part in protecting the galaxy.

And now was the start of a new chapter.

“We just have to learn what our flaws are and rise above them. I’ve had to do that several times, unfortunately, it wasn't always in time.” He had blood on his hand, but most soldiers and warriors did. Especially the ones who fell into a crusade. “But we have to rise above and learn from the mistakes of our past, or we are doomed to repeat them.”

A grin on his face. “That sounds like the Joza in her.” It was a Perl trait at least. She was definitely of the Zeltron lineage, he only hoped he’d figure out how much of his line she took.

“I feel like I may be best suited for teaching, and entering as a Sentinel. Help keep watch on the galaxy, and strike when necessary. But I intend to help out in all avenues I can.”

Caedyn Arenais

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom