Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone up for some brainstorming?

MAIN IDEA: Alright, so, like the title says, I'm looking for a person or persons to assist me in coming up with an acceptable plot outline. I'd also like to form some relationships with my character, Vas'ka Janik. I'm trying my best to come up with a biography and personality section for him, but the history section is a bit difficult without having the custom race approved/filled out first. Which is another thing I'd like to work on.

Bear with me, this is going to be a lengthy post.

CHARACTER: Using Tom Hiddleston as a face-claim, I'm hoping to have him approved with a custom race. That'll be another section entirely, however, so bear with me here. I'd like for him to be a Jedi, possibly of the Silver Jedi faction, but that isn't necessary for what I have in mind though I would like for him to be acquaintances/comrades with [member="Connor Harrison"]. That is, however, entirely up to them and whatever would work for them as well. Since he is going to be able to wield a lightsaber, and be adequate enough in the Force to operate on his own, he will not be a Padawan and, as such, won't need an instructor lest he be struggling with a certain aspect of the Force. Through a series of events (up to/including kidnapping/torture/killing of his sister, whom he feels personally responsible for in a way that, should she be messed with, would damage his psyche to varying degrees depending on the severity of her treatment). I plan for him to become a Gray Jedi, most likely in the search for his sister (her kidnapping would cause him to break with the Jedi Code, at least on the inside). The longer the search/more elaborate the game, the more he'll begin to despise the Code and its "inability to get anything done," doing away with "the needs of the many" being more important than a single person.

To make things more interesting, his sister could be a Force-User with a penchant for healing; anything more than that is beyond her capacity due to a mental disability. While an adept healer, anything else is beyond her ability to learn.

EQUIPMENT: Mostly concerning the personal weapon department... A question: would it be possible for Vas'ka to have a lightwhip? I have no issues with him acquiring this through roleplay or otherwise, just wondering if it would be alright for him to have a lightwhip and a lightsaber. Also a bit curious about how to determine which abilities he would or would not have, and what would be considered unrealistic for a person of his age. He'll be in his mid-thirties at the most.

SPECIES: So, this is where things get interesting. I have a few ideas, but those ideas seem like they would be improbable... I'd like for his race to have traces of a draconic ancestor, nothing that would give him extra abilities save perhaps for a higher tolerance for hot temperatures and a sensitivity to colder temperatures, mostly for physical characteristics that would make him stand out. In certain lighting, he would appear to have scales on his temples extending from the outside corners of his eyes and disappearing into his scalp, along with the back of his neck. His eyes would also have vertical slits in them, and (possibly) the ability to change color depending on his mood. He would also have a sensitivity to light, as they would be a species that would have recently emerged from underground after having lived in caves near active volcanoes for hundreds of generations.

The issues I'm having with this, mostly, is placing this species on a planet to call their homeworld. There would need to be volcanoes and a lot of untouched wilderness. There is the option to have a sort of myth surrounding his people, like they snatch children or are a precursor to bad things happening to you/your loved ones. It would add an interesting racial tension for those who knew of his species. The other more obvious issue is having him share an ancestor (albeit way, way in the past) with a dragon. I know that most dragon or dragon-like species are forbidden on this site for playing, so I don't really know if that's a stipulation extending to species sharing a very distant relative and taking a more humanoid evolution.

RELATIONSHIPS: I'd need someone to be his comrade in the Jedi, a childhood friend/acquaintance from the Academy that he became friends with. I've already mentioned above that I'd like for him to know Connor Harrison in one manner or another, even if it is as a disapproving senior officer. Pretty much, someone who is going to react negatively when Vas'ka begins to stray from the Jedi Code and try to bring him back. They'll get some small victories, though ultimately they're going to fail. Hopefully they won't give up on him until he becomes fully immersed in the ways of the Sith (after his sister is killed, probably in the brutal fashion so he would even give up on the way on the Gray Jedi and give in to the Dark Side). I would also need someone who likes kidnapping and playing games, preferably long and complicated ones that would likely take a long time to play out... and wouldn't mind having a person continually coming for them and trying to take revenge for his sister's death. I don't want him killed, though... I am not opposed to him getting maimed and then getting cybernetic limbs. XD Or even an eye.

PLEASE post in this thread as a reply, as I'd like to have as many ideas bouncing off of one another in this thread as possible. If you're not comfortable sharing your ideas in a public forum, feel free to contact me through the messaging system! I'm open for anything, really, aside from killing him off hah! I'd like to play with him for a while before that happens. XDD

Can I bump my own posts? DX It's just so sad and... not looked at at all. DX I realize that I'm asking for a lot here, but I don't want to put the time and effort into making a character only to be told that the whole thing is wrong and that important parts of his character aren't allowed. I put a lot of detail into my characters so I get fairly upset when I have to remake them after many hours of writing...

Perhaps you should slim this down a bit and allow some of this to develop organically. There are a TRUCK TON of fantastic and creative people here that are more than willing to do cool stuff with you, but having a concrete plot already in place can make writing seem a bit boxed in. Allow for creative input along the way, have a plan but write in pencil and expect to erase things a lot as time goes by.

[member="Genu Kudd"]

In all honesty I'm just posting this much so that it might spark ideas in someone else that they might want to share. None of this is concrete, but having a general sort of plan for the character helps me figure out how to write out their history. They're just ideas that came to me when I decided to create a character for this forum.

You can express frustrations with the Jedi whilst still being among it's members. You will find the Silver Jedi are more forgiving than canon Jedi. Your character's search need not compromise things. As far as a light whip goes, why? It's tied with Juyo and the Sith. Every light whip user is Dark Side affiliated, being that it's there for but one reason, to kill. A saber can defend and deflect, a whip cannot.

[member="Ceska Starshield"]

I didn't plan on having him start out with a light whip; and doesn't the man wield the weapon versus the other way around? *shrugs* From what I've read anyways, he'd have to be a Padawan/Apprentice regardless of how he channeled the Force, which would imply that he would have to focus on learning and mastering the lightsaber before acquiring any other weapons. Whips can disarm, if the user is proficient enough, or be used as an intimidation factor - again requiring a certain proficiency to purposefully miss a target.

You have a point regarding the Silver Jedi - I suppose I'm relying too much on his sister getting kidnapped. However, after a time of training (as I may as well do this properly and start him as a Padawan) he may think that they way of the Gray Jedi makes more sense than the ideals of the Silver Jedi. Of course this is still up in the air, as I haven't even begun working on his species yet...

Some things are just...*shrug*.

The idea of a Grey is fun, but at the risk of sounding a hypocrite, it's more of a challenge (maybe more fun) to be a Jedi or a Sith. How do you write around cliches, you know?

Wouldn't a Gray Jedi have their own cliches to write around? I'd say almost as many as a Jedi or a Sith, if not more since they're trying to be the balance between light and dark.

This is starting to sound like more of a debate than I intended, which wasn't at all... I apologize if I sound combative, as that isn't my intent. DX

Did you have any thoughts on my idea for his species? I'd appreciate any suggestions, really; I'm starting to feel a bit like I'm stuck in quicksand. >_<"

[member="tehniinja"]

Maybe you don't make a new species. Maybe you pick something suitably obscure to your personal tastes. There are dozens and dozens of canon species. In fact, I regret picking Human. I could've been Pau'an or Ithorian, Calamari or Gran. All of those are really neat.

I kinda have my heart set on making my own, I guess. XD I'm just worried that the sharing a common ancestor with a dragon bit would be frowned upon. Plus, what kind of planet would be able to sustain such a species without them becoming common knowledge in the galaxy? Belsavis, perhaps? I was originally thinking Tatooine, but I'm not so sure...

Perhaps my obsession with detail is making this too difficult; I've not written single-sentence biographies since I was twelve, and I'm twenty-two now.

The thing is that they shared a common ancestor with dragons so long ago that the abilities the dragons had eventually were bred out; they would look quite human save for if the light hit their face in a certain way, and what appeared to be scales would shimmer into existence kind of like a mirage of what used to be. The most obvious sign that they aren't human would be the vertical pupils, like a cat's.
[member="Rei Ishveil"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom