Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone down for a Criminal group?

We don't have anything like the Ravens or the Black Sun left here. All Starwars universes need criminal organizations. Who's actually interested in playing one? I know we have smugglers with little work, innactive bounty hunters, Mercs with not many threads going on.

The potential for something big, is very great.

I'm thinking larger scale, like united criminals. The Galactic Underworld?

[member="Jack Raxis"] - Black Tie Syndicate by [member="Miss Blonde"]...

That group does it. Despite my personal qualms with them and their leader, they do. So saying we don't have one is.... Disingenuous at best .. Even if they and the ME are linked. And besides, didn't you just start a Horde thingy-ma-jigger Faction? Maybe if your Faction ideas are dying (believe me, I know that pain, look at Corellia and my efforts) maybe just roleplay and work at stories rather than doing a Faction every week?

[member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Jack Raxis"]

Sticking clearly to this particular thread.

One I agree the Black Tie Syndicate is a widely successful concept that is very well done.

However they are more geared towards a bunch of bored rich people looking for thrills than a Criminal organization. Again not knocking it but that is just the impression I get.

So that being said a group of low life scum fighting and scrapping for every credit and square inch of territory could be fun.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Ijaat Mereel"] [member="Vengeance"]

[media] https://youtu.be/ZxJVW_CxWjY [/media]

[member="Jack Raxis"]
Ever since I took my LOA the faction went really inactive without me throwing out threads and were sadly up for a recall. But we're not stopping. Basically we're shifting gears, merging with another faction, and are continuing our criminal stories. While we still have an active user base since I came back it's not enough to carry on as a major on our own. But if you want to join and steal crap, and peddle drugs, we've got the connections to help out your upcoming thang.

Daak Dakaara

The Not-Quite-Captain of the Smoked Opal
I recently joined the Black Tie Syndicate with my character, and I have been unimpressed by 1. the content delivered by the moderators (I get that life gets in the way sometimes, but that doesn't detract from the fact that the group is pretty much stagnant) and 2. the one thread which did get started hadn't seen a new post in over a week. I've since left the faction as, [member="Vengeance"] pointed out, my low-life, pirate, scum doesn't really fit their high life demeanor, AND, I'm looking for people who don't abandon a thread, or post half-assed blurbs just to progress a story.

So, if you're really interested in starting an active board, I'm interested... but you have to take responsibility for what you create. That means generating new story lines for us to get involved with, and not abandoning the cause without having additional members there to pick up the slack.

If you don't think you're up for the responsibility of starting a group, I suggest keeping to writing individual stories with others. Either way, I'm looking for content to be a part of.

[member="Jack Raxis"]

Liliane

L
Daak Dakaara said:
1. the content delivered by the moderators (I get that life gets in the way sometimes, but that doesn't detract from the fact that the group is pretty much stagnant)
Factions are managed by FOs, FAs and FMs, content is created by members.

I am not very familiar with the Black Tie Syndicate, but a lot of the time people think faction leaders are the source of all problems when the faction doesn't provide story or remains stagnant and I believe this is the case here as well. But like in the real world, you cannot expect to get anything if you yourself don't do anything for it.

Stories can be written by anybody, not just the faction leaders. And although I respect your opinion and decision to leave the faction, I believe this could have gone a different way had you started a faction thread or created a short story for the faction.

:)

Daak Dakaara

[member="Lilin Imperieuse"], you are of course, correct. I myself am new to this site, and trying to get a feel for the social dynamic and expectations each person has. That being said, I have gone to the LFG pages looking for appropriate content I could inject my character into, and have met a degree of success, although little has actually evolved from my searches.

I will say that my point stands on a story which was created by a faction member was seemingly going well before my last post a week ago, when every other member stopped participating... all at once. I'm sure it's happened to everyone here, and it is rather vexing when others initiate a story-line, then fail to continue participating in it. Like I said, I understand that life gets in the way sometimes, but sometimes people just stop trying as well. This is evident in how many of the members have maintained their participation in other threads while abandoning the one for BTS.

Daak Dakaara

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Braith Achlys said:
Can I ask what the fascination with a criminal faction is? I mean, besides the being a criminal part - because I don't need a faction to do that.
I don't think anyone "needs" it. But, like with everything, people gravitate to community. If someone wants, they can do crime by themselves, or find others to do it with. A lot of people are just looking for a place to regularly find content to be a part of. Nothing wrong with that, right?

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Saoirse Reyes"] [member="Vengeance"]

I've been debating on where to put this guy.

2cHZsUT.png

If you guys work up an Exchange-esque faction, I will definitely join with that guy (who doesn't have an account yet) and probably [member="Ishana Pavanos"] so long as people remember that she probably owes them creds (which is all one big misunderstanding!)

Edit: Also, this seemed somewhat appropriate. (x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom