Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Antithesis

SU9G0ad.jpg

A lead for his latest case had drawn Bernard to Kashyyyk, but the pursuit had quickly proven fruitless. Without another purpose and several hours to spare before his transit-shuttle departed for the Core, he found himself meandering through the Temple of the New Jedi Order's cousins in the galactic east.

The sleek white architecture of Silver Rest both clashed with its wooded surroundings and blended in with its slanted roofs and unorthodox geometry that lent it an element that was very much organic. As Jedi temples went, it was perhaps one of the most modern, and most appealing to the eye. Even its internal design conveyed an atmosphere of harmony and ease that seemed to balance any of its observers at first glance.

The building felt distantly familiar to Bernard. He'd been a visitor at Silver's Rest once before, a few years ago, but the familiarity ran deeper. Part of him thought that perhaps the architect had been Arkanian and what he perceived was nostalgia for his home, but he dismissed that line of reasoning.

The unresolved thought left a bitter note on his soul, but he judged it better not to dwell in the past. Silver's Rest held far more intriguing mysteries around every corner that were easily missed by an inattentive mind.

As was the case with one peculiar padawan that caught Bernard's attention as he crossed the doorway into an open forum. She was a dark-skinned Jedi, on the shorter side, from Pamarthe if he remembered her file correctly. She'd recently come to rise to fame within the New Jedi Order for an incident involving a lightsabre and a controversial hermit.

"Padawan Senn," he called out as he drew nearer to where she was, "well met. I am Bernard, formerly a fellow of the New Jedi Order, I did not expect to encounter you here at Silver's Rest."

It had been some time since her master dropped her at Ossus and only a few days since her tussel with the Sith Lord Lunafreya Solidor Lunafreya Solidor on Ossus. She'd managed to escape the fight, but only because of some quick thinking and a falling battlecruiser, but not without her own injuries. She'd managed to escape the Sith magician without so much as a scratch, a gift of the Force no doubt, but she'd broken her arm in her escape and now it hung in a sling. She'd opted to go the traditional route to give up bacta time for people more seriously injured in the battle. When her age came up after leaving the battlecruiser she had been quickly whisked away to the Silver Rest with other young padawans. She hated being so young. Everyone treated her like a child. The only one who seemed to be learning that she was more than just a child was her master.

She was chatting animatedly and excitedly to a miniature version of the Trandoshan. Khefiir Khefiir had finally managed to pull away from battle for a moment to get a call in and instead of listening to his wisdom or about his battle she was prattling off about her fight with the Sith Lord with Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo . When she heard her name being called she turned to the voice and winced. He looked important, what with his long, flowing, white hair and his tall, imposing figure. Must be a Knight.

"Sorry Master, I have to go!" They said their goodbyes and she shoved the holodisc into her pocket and ran up to the man. Wait he was former Jedi Order? Now that she was closer she recognized the Padawan braid. It was thicker than her own and she'd mistaken it for just another lock of hair from afar. She folded her arms in disappointment out of habit but kept her face friendly enough.

"Bernard huh? Never heard of you. Did you need something?"

Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca

"Oh, I'm not a major figure in the Order," he said, dismissively waving his hand. "My only claim to fame is perhaps that one time the one and only Ryv Ryv Karis happened to follow me to a battlefield on Atrisia having used my X-Wing's storage compartment as a bunk bed," he paused a moment, glanced away, and shifted his weight from one foot to the other as he recalled the events of that day. His first and only experience with spice had been rather unpleasant. He'd rather have forgotten it entirely.

"Anyway, I was passing by and recognized you as one of the NJO's Padawan. I haven't had the opportunity to talk to anyone from the Order in a while. What brings you to Silver Rest? I figured most of you would be on Prosperity."

Last edited:
Her eyes lit up and she leaned forward a little bit when the strange, white-haired Jedi Manawan mentioned Ryv Karis. This Jedi Flunkie flew with THE Sword of the Jedi? What was she doing with her life?

"My Master is off fighting with the Alliance, but he doesn't trust me to not do something foolish on the battlefield with him so he left me here to study under the Silvers until he returned." If he returned. That little story wasn't entirely true either. The New Jedi Order had put restrictions on younger Padawans like herself. No war. It absolutely sucked. If something happened to her Master while she was stuck reading a book in some musty tree house...she didn't know what she'd do.

"Its not all that exciting here." She muttered flatly. "I'd rather be out there with him."

The sudden sense of judgement he felt as the Padawan lost her composure only a fraction of a second somehow stung even without the Force. Almost made him wonder if there were lingering sensitivity effects, but before he could form half a thought she spoke again.

"My Master is off fighting with the Alliance, but he doesn't trust me to not do something foolish on the battlefield with him so he left me here to study under the Silvers until he returned. It's not all that exciting here. I'd rather be out there with him."

"It's not what it's made out to be among the younglings, or the Padawans for that matter," he started, then half-crossed his arms in front of his chest, resting one elbow in the palm of his hand to bring his free hand up to tap his chin in a thoughtful gesture. "Though ... it must be quite the reason that he doesn't trust you enough. Normally, I hear, a Padawan and their Master are inseparable. How come you two aren't?" Judgement to judgement, sass to sass.

She tightened her hands it balls of anger at his insinuations. This old man flunkie was gonna tell her...what exactly? She could tell he was being smug but she couldn't place her finger on exactly what. Realizing that only made her more angry.

"I'm not old enough," she blurted. "After that mess with the Sith temple burning down they said if we aren't old enough to be in the military we can't be on the front lines." It was nothing to be ashamed about, she couldn't control her age. Still, she felt heat rising in her neck and around the top of her ears.

Bernard smiled in awkward horror. A wide, robotic grin that had all the mirth sucked out of it by painful memories. That ruling had, in part, been directly his fault. He pushed one hand through his hair, sweeping one side of it behind his ear.

"Aha. That's ... sensible of the masters. War's not a place for kids. That ... yeah," he stammered, in an attempt to find his footing again.

He was so deep in his own emotions that he didn't even recognize the anger building in the Padawan across from him.

"Shame about that temple."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom