Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antihemorrhagic  Hemostasis inducing Blood Augmentation trials

Moff Iridius

M
Back again, back to the labs of Atrisia to bring about what would be a revolutionary project for not only the Czars but for the galaxy as a whole. The concept was a simple one, take the quick clot agent and allow it to be bonded to blood cells. When damaged the agent would activate and allow the blood to clot the wound and slow or even halt the bleeding process against shallow stab wounds, slashes, and minor injuries. It would be hard but the first few new serums were ready for both alien and human trials. Dr.Marie Krasnican founder of project pantheon lead the way on this project and had to push it forward for her work to truly be respected by the galactic community as a whole. This would change the way everything was handled in medicine, people who were assaulted on the streets and stabbed had a better chance of survival if given this treatment. It could possibly change the way trauma is treated.

The stage was set and everyone was here, the subjects and medicine all kept organized and ready. Her Czars had proven themselves in combat and now it was time to make the galaxy fear and respect them. "Mr.Zaiden please step forward" it was nice to have the man in her pocket if ever a test subject were needed. This time around the process would be not be as painful hopefully. And success would follow without the need of wasted lives.

@[member="Penumbra"]

Matreya

Penumbra stood in the shadows, hands in his pockets with wireless buds nested in his ears. Bobbing his head to the music blaring within, Zaiden paid attention to those around him as he leaned against the wall. Soon enough the same little old lady came forward once more, "Hey gorgeous. Date 2 huh?" He said as he removed both buds, and silenced the music.

"So if I'm to understand this right, in a way these augments will make me heal faster, more or less, correct?" He asked as he stepped closer to the woman.
@Dr.Marie Krasnican

Moff Iridius

M
"No they won't make you heal faster child. They help stop the bleeding so you don't die." The woman said chuckling afterwards, the young lad was certainly a charmer but he the woman was far to old and wise to be even remotely attracted to anything other than her research. "Now if you could take that thing out if your ears and strip into your skivvies that would be grand." walking over to group of beakers, bottles, and test tubes the woman prepared the compound of what was going to be the next step of medicine.

It worked rather simply, inject a compound that contained small astringents to coat and bond onto red blood cells. When damaged the hemotosis contracting agent would activate on the damaged cell and expand to clot the wound from the inside out to stop bleeding. It was a tricky process and plenty of animal test subject had died from blood poisoning. But the formula had been done over and over until it eventually showed good signs of success in animals. However the augmentation was not perminate only lasting about a month. The man would need at least twelve vials of the compound to last him through the year. Walking over to the man she looked at him and swished around a beaker to combine the formula "So are you ready?" she asked @[member="Penumbra"] to try and make some form of small talk

Matreya

"Of course. But that in itself should, in a layman's terms, effectively start the healing shouldnt it?" He asked. Science was not something he dabbled to profusely in, but he understood it relatively speaking. The idea seemed to work in his mind, if you clot the blood swifter, then the actual healing process should follow suit just as quick, unless he misunderstood that.

"Yes ma'am. You know I always run my mouth. First sign I'm crazy and down for anything." He said with a grin.

@Dr.Marie Krasnican

Moff Iridius

M
"In a sense yes, but only as fast as your body can naturally heal." walking over to a table filled beakers, burners, and various liquids the woman grabbed an Individual First Aid Kit and reached in to grab a pack of quick clot. A medicine used to thicken the blood to seal the wound. Putting it into a rather large machine it broke down the medical device until it was a clear white liquid. The idea was rather simple to allow the medicine to remain dormant in ones blood, and once damaged the effected cells would clot and help to seal the damaged tissue from bleeding further. The wound would still be there but at least they wouldn't be bleeding out from it. The only foreseeable problem with it however was that if surgery would be needed it would be almost impossible. Another formula would need to be developed in order to negate it if it were ever needed.

Grabbing the pure white liquid Marie took it over to a splicing machine to make it be able to bind with red blood cells and spread to new ones when osmosis was conducted. Placing it in the machine it hummed and dinged when the process was complete. Now taking it and loading it into a syringe she looked at @[member="Penumbra"] and gave him a nod "Ready to try it out?" she asked him nicely

Matreya

Zaiden listened and tapped his chin, "Then this will work wonders for me." He murmured, for his body naturally healed well and his powers in darkness allowed healing so it could be aided further, "Lets get to it." He said laying his head back and closing his eyes to rest, "What other augmentations are you looking to create for the Galactic Empire?"

@Dr.Marie Krasnican

Moff Iridius

M
Injecting the substance into the man's blood stream it burned a bit at first but it was nothing he wasn't already used to. As the compound bonded to the man's blood cells it would be a few minutes before the process could fully take effect. Around ten minutes it would take for the materials to bond, but first a few tests had to be run on the patient. Grabbing a stethoscope she began to take his vitals or watch for any signs of mood change, skin tone changes, everything so far was looking pretty normal. "How do you feel?" she asked him standing backwards

"I'm going to ask you to do a few basic exercises. Move all your limbs and fingers do a few jumping jacks then walk to the end of the room and back." she asked the man nicely to see of the medicine had any negative effects on him @[member="Penumbra"]

chalkboard-formula-thumb-400x266.jpg

Status: Shi'ido shape shifted to a scientist representing applied sciences on Coruscant
Name: "Doctor Cerberus"
Affiliation: Coruscant Biological and Genetics Division

------------------------------------------------------------

From the other end of the room stood a man with a long lab coat studying the scientific researches of Doctor Krasnican over a datapad. Ever now and then he'd listen in on what was being said between the patient and the doctor. He skimmed through the rather intriguing facts that were found and walked towards the other two; touch screening through databanks.

"Doctor, I see the results of your last few experiments but you haven't uploaded the side effects. Perhaps you can shed some light on the subject. I noticed your databanks your tests have been inconclusive."

Cerberus adjusted his spectacles as he read through data; eventually meeting eyes with the patient.

Moff Iridius

M
Looking at the man she smiled and chuckled a bit, he wouldn't find anything in the data banks. Marie ways kept regulars written down on her notepad written in her own personal shorthand. "Yes I have the results and side effects here." grabbing her note pad from her coat the woma grabbed it and began to read off side effects and draw backs "Previous non human test subjects showed signs of heavy breathing through a lack of their blood being harder to oxidize. However with his enhancements to his lungs and heart he should be able to oxidize just fine. Also when surgery was attempted the blood and damaged cells quickly thickened and attempted to keep the blood inside his body which will mean this will require a anti virus to destroy the coating of astringents attattched and bonded to the blood cells. Perhaps you could help with that?" she asked the younger gentlemen that was less than half her age.

Looking back over to Zaiden she smiled and awaited him to begin the tasks she had asked for. Everything would go according to plan this time around

@[member="Darc Xavior Talus"] @[member="Penumbra"]

Matreya

Zaiden wiggled his fingers and toes, "Articulating mobility still there, pain sensors still work." He said after pinching his finger. Next he rose and walked to the other side of the room, jogged back, then performed 10 swift jumping Jack's. For a better measure, he also did 5 sit ups, "Full dexterity still."

@Dr.Marie Krasnican

He examined the data; scrolling through it and looked to the patient.

"Thrombophlebitis or deep vein thrombosis. Have you tried a heparin agent? It's relative to the glycosaminoglycan family of carbohydrates, perhaps to counteract the side effects?"

He looked back to the doctor.

@Dr.Marie Krasnican @Penumbra

Moff Iridius

M
"Well if you would please try and get to work on that I will begin to see if the patient can oxidize his blood still. Then cut him to see how much be bleeds." Marie had not thought about those possibilities, she was so wrapped up in finding a combination of chemicals and biological components that she had passed up that thought. The man was right even and those could potentially work wonders on removing the astringents bonded to the blood so they could be processed out of the body through the natural waste cycle. He was clever for his young age.

"That could work, how would we deliver it though? Through another shot or ingested as a pill?" she asked before looking over to Zaiden. She had to see if he would have shortness of breath or trouble oxidizing with the new astringent agents bonded to his blood cells. "Give me three hundred jumping jacks then tell me if you are having proplems breathing" she said now that the range of motion test was done

@[member="Penumbra"] @[member="Darc Xavior Talus"]

Matreya

Zaiden arched a brow, "Gettin me all sweaty now to? Sheesh just ask for my number!" He said with a chuckle as he began the process. Working out was something Zaiden did commonly to keep in shape, he was never known to have more then 6% body fat. But with the new chemical transfers he could feel a slightly more obvious breathing difficulty. But after the start of the second hundred that feeling had begun to subside, "I believe the previous implants are doing exactly as you predicted. At first it was more tiring, now it's passing."

@Dr.Marie Krasnican

He reached over with the datapad and demonstrated his equations and formulas with her.

"Intravenous therapy should suffice after the hormone is released into patient's bloodstream until the body is conditioned to the change. It is really quite simple, doctor. Now, if I was given a more 'thorough' analysis perhaps I could come up with a more solid treatment and hypothesis. I 'sense' there is missing data here intentionally. I understand your protocols, but if you wish to succeed in your endeavors I'd recommend to at least let me see what the subjects have endured besides the obvious results that I found."

A 'subtle' wave of force persuasion was guided with his gaze upon the doctor.

@Dr.Marie Krasnican @Penumbra

Moff Iridius

M
There was not really any secretive data on this project, but when it came to the early days of it. There were rooms and mass graves dug for the bodies of all the failed people provided by the inquisition. Marie felt the man try to persuade her and she fell for it. She spoke of a the few secrets before shutting up "Rolland was tortured and given to me by some shady government agency, I had Rolland trap daisy in the engine of a star destroyer to poison her." quickly she shut her mouth then glared at the doctor. "Do that again and I will have Zaiden cut open your heart and show it to you. Now if you would please, we have work to do. Finish the reverse agent and apply it."

Walking over to Zaiden she measured him and saw the enhancements to his lungs and new heart were doing what they were meant to do. Oxidizing blood more efficiently and productively. Now all that was left was to test if it actually worked. Grabbing a scalpel she sliced a six inch gash down Zaidens arm and awaited to see if it would work. A few drops of blood dropped down before the damaged cells expanded and clotted the wound. It was still fresh and the wound could reopen but the clot had worked he had stopped bleeding

@[member="Penumbra"] @[member="Darc Xavior Talus"]

Matreya

Penumbra felt the Force begin to fuse with the words from the man before they were spoken, and thus he quickly conjured a vast wall of smoke like shadows about himself. Twisting and slithering they were guided to his arm, to wrap around like a snake, "This woman is a dear companion of mine, and I think a secret admirer." He smirked with that, "And I'd like it if we do not use any means of persuasion other than words." Anyone who knew of the many Factions and Political Heads, would know of the sole Shadow Master in existence. Nigh all he came to claimed Umbrakinesis a simpler form of Photokinesis, and now many had learned it a great power he wielded alone.

"I do not wish to bloody this nice ladies floor." He said as she examined him. Hysterics at seeing his blood drop just after that comment came swift. It was to funny.

@[member="Darc Xavior Talus"] @Dr.Marie Krasnican

Cerberus simply blinked.

"It was just a question, doctor. I am unaware of what you are accusing me of. My curiosity only serves to help your research move forward a lot quicker."

He looked over to the patient.

"That wouldn't be a good idea, sir, such accusations need proof of 'whatever' it is you are talking about. I am not familiar with the 'sorcery' or 'religion' your people believe in. I am a man of science."

He adjusted his spectacles and took in what the doctor had revealed as he looked over more of the data in his hand.

Matreya

"And I know nothing of the Force. Deny it as you wish. I am far beyond that imbecilic. Do it again and I'll set you on fire, cut you up with my sword there, and give your heart to the nice doctor as a desk ornament. Plain and simple." He growled out as he let his shadows dissipate. Murmuring lastly, "I really wanna burn something now...never mentioned a religion either.."

Moff Iridius

M
"Lets continue shall we? Science is calling." Walking over to her lab table she looked over to her fellow man of science and smiled, "Now if you would please create the compound needed to reverse the effects please." she asked the man nicely to try and get things under control. This was going to end soon after it was created and tested once more to see if the man still had a full range of motion. "If you please doctor." she said just wanting to move forward on the job @[member="Darc Xavior Talus"] @[member="Penumbra"]

He looked to the patient and dismissed him nonchalantly; adjusting his spectacles.

"Quite."

He turned and nodded to the doctor as he began mix and create the agents together in a nearby chemical lab table.

"You might want to check his emotions and mental state, too, as I do this. I think your testing formula has gone to his head too much. Wiring him to a bed would be a good safety procedure in case he becomes too 'violent' and 'uncooperative'."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom