Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Anticipation and apprehension.

Ryv Ryv

And here it was the time has come. Rose was about to meet her new Jedi master. What was his name again? Ryv? yes that was it. Rose crossed her arms over her breast thinking. She became friendly with her last master and refused to get close to this one. Too much for her to take. Her mind began to drift off in her thoughts, vivid memories and recent scars. Her pale blue eyes drifted upwards. “But maybe he won't be so bad?”

she bit her bottom lip. No, no she needed to take her time before she would let him past her mental walls. She promised that. It was for the better. She convinced herself of that at least. A voice played in her head.” Perhaps you act like how you fight? You slip away from relationships and get on the defense to protect yourself.”

Rose knew it was selfish. It was wrong but the fear she felt from this. Just the mention of a new master made her anxious. There was something there as well though that had no patience. That old spark she once had. One that was too friendly and loving for her own good that just wanted to get there and hug him she guessed. “Okay so.”

she said about to giving herself a pep talk herself under her breath. Then she jumped a little in place as she looked up. Her mind had wandered so far into her thoughts she did not notice the Jedi walking over to her. How could you? You always have to know what's happening around you! She reprimanded herself silently.

She retained her composer in what seemed to be only half a second. “Hello master.”

Her voice had no feeling to it though strangely it was calming even if it was off putting. She forced a half smile onto her face as she applied a formal greeting stance to her words.

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Down the hall from the waiting Padawan, Ryv stopped at the corner. He pressed a hand against the wall and yawned one big, hearty thing. Other Jedi passed by, some pausing momentarily to offer a respectful bow or nod of some kind. They wore brown robes, tailor-made for their physique and training. Another pair wandered near, both younger, near Ryv's respective age. They wore much more casual gear, one in a tank top and sweats, the other a long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. Nothing more than a wave was shared, either way, the engagement mirroring their demeanor.

The Sword of the Jedi looked much the same as them. His iconic brown leather jacket was thrown over a t-shirt. Black jeans and boots rounded out the New Jedi's outfit. He liked to keep it simple. Close to the chest.

"Why do I always get scheduled so early for this stuff?" Ryv asked aloud.

A small BD unit scampered around the corner a few seconds later, happily chirping up at the kiffar. It seemingly danced with each step. Whenever it did beep up at him, Ryv couldn't stop himself from smiling.

"I mean, if Auteme Auteme teaches early classes, shouldn't that mean I get late classes? Like an even sp-" the droid interrupted him with a sharp whirr. It hopped up and down in one spot, head shaking from side to side. "Oh, really? That makes sense. Yeah, potentially spending the day with the Padawan could help 'em get accustomed to everything. Aelys was just so uh... cool about it, I dunno. Kid just had the it factor. Sorta assumed everyone would take that easily to the gig. I got along swell with Cedric."

He paused just outside the door and looked down at the droid. "Alrighty, Big Chieftain, go make sure Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl is off his ass and taking Auraya Irath-Ur out for training this morning. I'm not gonna be the only dude deprived of a good morning."

The droid scampered off as Ryv pushed open the door. He stepped inside the room and smiled Rose's way. "Hey there, kid. How ye doin'?"

When she fell into the more formal bow, he shook his head. "You can just call me Ryv. It's fine. I'm cool with the whole Master and Padawan routine if you'd like. That was my upbringing with it all. But it's up to you."

He reached out, offering her a handshake.

Last edited:
Rose returned to a more relaxed position. “I am alive.”

she stated watching him closely. She was somewhat confused by his reaction to her respectful reaction to him but brushed it off. “Alright then Ryv.”

her calm demeanor broke as he reached out to her. She stepped away from him refusing to take his hand in hers. “Greetings.”

She looked up into his eyes making it clear she had no intentions of touching him.

Not only did she know that merely touching her outfit he could see a large part of her past. She was also simply afraid to do so.

Speaking of her clothing, Rose had a thin white shirt and black pants under a green and black cloak. The cloak's darkest parts were a rim around the hood she currently had down exposing her flaming hair.

The next darkest part was her sleeves and gloves the gloves had cut outs for her fingers and a bright green ring around the wrist.

She spoke up again. “Now may I ask how are you?”

She folded her arms over her again. Almost like she was doing it protectively.

Ryv Ryv

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ryv
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Alive, huh? Fair enough," Ryv withdrew his hand and let it fall to his side. Her defensive posturing seemed odd, though not uncommon for members of their order. Everyone had a difficult past. Barriers and boundaries were something to respect, regardless of the position he now found himself in as her acting instructor.

"Easy, kid. If you don't feel comfortable with physical contact, you can just say so. A good buddy of mine, a member of our order actually, isn't fond of it either. He's never talked about it much, but I'd wager it had something to do with a not so great past," Ryv paused in his tangent and turned away, gloved hands clasped together behind his head. "He's a Jedi Knight now. We try to accommodate folks from all walks of life, so take all the time you need on that end. I'm not gonna bother you for it."

He wandered throughout the room, his attention drawn to the window overlooking the temple courtyard on the far wall. A massive tree stretched just overhead. Its verdant canopy tickled the glass, swaying faintly in the wind.

"I'm doing good, yeah," he threw a smile over his shoulder. "I've had a busy morning, so I couldn't get as much sleep as I'd of liked, but what can you do? Order never rests, so I can't either," he turned on his heel and leaned against the glass. He slipped both hands into his jacket pockets and scanned the walls for something of interest.

"So, you're here cause you wanna be a Jedi, huh? Why is that? This life ain't an easy one. Likely to put you in danger more than it'll put you somewhere peaceful. Not everyone is cut out for it. The fighting, stress-filled nights, the isolation..." he stopped there. His shoulder drooped to reflect the solemn look in his amber gaze. "Everyone wants something from the Jedi, yet we're the first to shoulder the mistakes and blame associated with trying to help people. I just uh- well, y'know. I just want you to know you can walk away at any time. You aren't trapped here."

Rose relaxed more at how easy going he was. How understanding he was. “Thank you.”

Her voice was barely audible. She cleared her throat and she looked down to the ground.

“I'm glad you're well. At least rest is obtainable for you. Some have it worse off. There is always someone who has it worse. It's easier to just live by. Everyone else's pain is worse than yours because it’s there's.”

She returned to her somber silence. Rose glanced over to him thinking.”why?”

Her mind drifted to her past once again. She smiled, not warm or friendly. No a smile of determination.

“I made a vow.” she responded then stood straight.

“I made more sense of it now though. I'm not here for revenge like it once was. Like I stupidly once was. I'm here to help others so they don't feel the pain I had and will. I'm here to prove I am more than some toy. I'm here to remember those I have lost and defend the places I love for them under our name.”

“I don't need rest. I don't need peace. Isolation is nothing new and welcomed if I have to. I welcome it if I must. For the good of others. I'm not here for myself. I was born with the force and one lesson from my last master that did stick before.”
she paused.

“Everything, Was that you never fight for yourself.I have come to shoulder those mistakes of others because I know I can make a difference. even if all I do is make a ripple that can start a tsunami.”

she took his hand now with a firm grip gently shaking it.

“I am never walking away.”

Ryv Ryv

Last edited:
  • Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv blinked. "You got a real dark outlook on life, don't you?"

He considered her words. Everyone has it worse because their pain is theirs? She wasn't wrong, but did it make any of what someone like him experienced any easier? No, of course not. The notion spurred resentment within him. Not to her, nor the Jedi, or anyone in particular. His pain came from decisions made for him and responsibilities thrust onto him. He's shouldered the weight of a galaxy in this war against the Sith Empire. The Jedi look to him and unknowingly made it worse.

Did other people have reason to feel pain? Of course. Didn't make it any easier on him.

"Look, it's okay to want to do all this. I get the desire to push and keep on fighting, for all that you've lost and all that you may want, but..." he raised his hands as if to slow her down. "Just don't go overboard. If you're sure you don't wanna walk away from this life, I'll be here to help you along the way. I've made more mistakes than someone my age probably should've. I guess I hope I can keep you from making those mistakes, and this journey you wanna embark on ain't a bad thing."

He shook her hand in turn, offering a smile.

"You've had a master before? Right on. What skills have you picked up along the way? I didn't know if we were starting from scratch or not, so help me see what we're working with."

Rose shrugged. “Maybe I am dark but at least my words coincide with my thoughts. Unlike others. the way I see and think about things was earned by the things I know earned by the my experiences.”

Rose's smile softened then faded completely . “Will you be here for me? Can you promise that to me?”

She stepped away from him facing the wall. ”Don't make a promise you can't keep.”

She closed her eyes. She had lost so many she wasn't attached to her master yet. Even so every moment they spoke. How understanding he was to her. She was beginning to like him and even now she did not want to lose him. Yet already she expected to. “If memory serves me then this will just be a repeat of death, loss and pain.”

She sighed then nodded slowly thinking. “I learn quickly and have four hundred more years to learn if I don't die.”

she bit down on the inside of her cheek. “What skills are you looking for in particular?”

rose turned around to face him. “Depending on the context I learned very few or a great many.”

“Most Likely you're talking about the force and combat.”
she said answering it for herself.

“I know three forms. Soresu, Ataru, Shii-Cho. I am the best with shii-cho. I wanted to know the first form because the rest of the forms are built on it then I moved on to the others. I am acrobatic in combat but also defensive. if I sense that an attack will be based on who is stronger I will get out of it any way I can. The reason why is obvious. I'm not as strong as someone who has been doing this for years, and males upper body strength is stronger than mine. I can balance it with the force but i just prefer not getting into power struggles.”

“I know the basics of the force, force jump, push and pull. I can also use force heal and force speed.”

“And many of the ways I react are from him. Maybe not exactly the teachings but some came from him. Others are from parts of my life then there is what i just have been born with i guess.”

Ryv Ryv

Last edited:
  • Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Guess so," Ryv shrugged. "Honesty is the best policy, even if it stems from the darker parts of the ol' mental."

He watched her smile take shape and disappear, the brief glimpse of positivity enough to keep his smile in place. The empath could feel her pain, the emotion that swirled about her mind, the fear of losing another person she loved. Having lost his fair share of friends and family, he couldn't fault her. Death only made the fight harder.

"Look, kid," he slid down the wall to rest on his bottom. "I don't know how much you know about me, but I'm all about making promises that should be impossible to keep. I see stuff like that as a challenge, I s'ppose. It's how I wound up named the Sword of the Jedi and one of the two people leading the New Jedi Order. When the goings get tough, the tough get going, and I promise you, I'm one of the toughest Jedi there is. So, when I tell you I'm gonna be here for you, I mean it. I don't know who've you lost. I know it hurts, lookin' back at all the good times and knowing you won't get to experience 'em again, but you can't lose yourself in that pain."

Ryv motioned to the spot beside him, inviting her to sit. "You can't get better if you resign yourself to all the bad stuff. You expect failure? You're bound to fail. If you're scared I'm gonna die and leave you alone, there might come a moment where your inaction can cost me my life. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy bound to make things even worse on you."

He leaned back, head resting against the wall behind him, eyes locked on the ceiling above. "That's just my two-creds."

"Either way, it sounds like you've got a varied set of skills," he unclipped his saber and set it atop his lap. "I've covered Shii-Cho, a bunch, and I'm a fan of Soresu. My main focus with the saber has always been defensive techniques. I took from Form I, II, and III before creating my own style centered around form V. I don't think you'd like it, so we'll work on something else instead. Maybe get you used to taking on stronger opponents."

With a wave of his hand, Resolve, his lightsaber, floated above his lap. "You've got a good basis for the force. Is there anything you'd like to work on in particular? I'm down to cater to your wants during your training since there will be plenty of moments you won't like."

Rose had no idea what to say. But one thing was for sure she had melted. Rose lightly wrapped her arms around him, putting her head on his shoulder and she smiled misty eyed. She allowed her self to slowly fall with him to keep the embrace for a second longer. just a second longer...

“Don't expect that to not be returned. I will do everything I can to keep you around.so if i must i will not hesitate. I will not falter. And who I lost.”

her voice drifted off and she let go of him looking into his eyes. “My parents and my brothers. Shortly after I was enslaved. Hence the words ``I'm here to prove I am more than a toy.” she stood straight almost looking commanding if it wasn't for her falling into his arms not even minutes before.

“ i was saved from the bondage by a female named Zizi or lydia Whitewalker. i loved her and did things i regret for her but i just plain outlived her.then my last master turned to the darkside in a way dying as well. Left me for dead but I came back and he was killed for his crimes.”

She accepted the invitation and sat down by him. “I don't want to be held back by this. by me, so i will do my best. No, I will change for the better.”

She paused thinking. “If i was the reason for your death i think i would finally snap.”

Rose curled up into a small ball looking at him as his gaze went up.

“Teach me what you deem will fit what i need. I don't need to be catered to i have to learn about the hardships sooner rather than later. It will just be better if i do.”

Ryv Ryv

Last edited:
  • Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Glad to hear it, kid," Ryv smiled and patted her back. "These master-student relationships rely on trust. Knowing you've got my back like I got yours is super important."

He looked at Rose as she slid down beside him. "That must've been hard, losing your family like that. I lost my pops, too, during the war between the Galactic Republic and One Sith about twelve years ago. Once the Silver Jedi abandoned Coruscant and the rest of the Core, he stuck around to fight the good fight alongside other brave Jedi. Most of them died long before the Republic or the Alliance before ours fell. The Sith captured him during a raid against the Black Pyramid, a terrible prison created by the once Emperor, Carnifex, that stood in the place of our Jedi Temple for many years. They wound up executing him in the streets like he was some kinda animal."

Ryv slid his hands into his jacket pockets and fell silent. He hadn't talked about his family in a while. It became easier each time, but the memories still felt fresh. It probably had to do with the nightmares that never seemed to go away.

"Mom died a few weeks later. The Sith found out my old man was married and had a kid. They came for us. My pops' first student, a man named Rurik Fel, saved me and took me away from Coruscant before they could get me, but they got her in my place," his saber dropped back into his lap as he spoke. It seemed to surprise him, given he looked down at Resolve with a furrowed brow. "I got separated from Rurik on a seedier station in the Outer Rim, wound up being picked up by a group of spacers who brought me out to Nar Shaddaa."

He cleared his throat. "I don't really wanna get into all that right now, but... well, I wound up forced into doing a lot of stuff I'm not proud of. I was a slave of a different kind, I guess. Didn't much like it. It's part of why I came back to being a Jedi. Don't want folks out there stuck like I was, so I try and help out where I can. Gets difficult, though."

"I doubt you'll have to worry about causing my death," he eventually commented on her darker sentiments. "I'm gonna die eventually. It might be after a long, fulfilled life, but I doubt it. I'm a warrior by nature. One of these wars I fight will take me out. I'm just hopin' it ain't anytime soon. Besides, between you and my other apprentice, Aelys, I'm confident things will be a-okay for a good while. I might have to worry once the both of you move on and become Knights of your own, but I'm not stressin' it."

Rose leaned against him putting her head on his shoulder listening intently to his words.

“We both have our demons.” she put her hand over his.

“But now you know you're not alone. We share many of the same ones.” she smiled softly and sweetly adding to her first comment jokingly.

“How about we call our demon Bill?”

She sighed the smile fading again. “I watched them be shot with many others as I was being dragged away. I was considered to only be a child at the time for my species. Well one of them.” it confused herself at times but she got over it.

“Not that anyone else cared about my maturity compared to them. But who does in the galaxy during war? or else.”

She looked at him into his eyes. “I won't make you tell me what you did. We all have things better forgotten. Demons to be buried.”

She grinned at his last comment. “You don't rely on us that much if at all. Though your lies did have a way of making me feel good about myself.”

Her worries had settled down from the calm words of Ryv. her fears and emotions had been soothed as well. Leaving her emotionally drained as if she had been sobbing for hours. She remembered when she used to cry in her sleep. Couldn't hide her weakness. But that was over.

“Things they will get better.” she said out loud not realizing she did.

“I believe you will live a fulfilled life. After all it depends on what you see fulfilled as. Perhaps what you are doing is fulfilling to you. Or are you talking like your parents having a family?”

She allowed herself to dwell on the thought. “Perhaps I would like that as well some time.”

She relaxed bringing out her own saber letting it rest on her knees which she had drawn to her chest.

“Your a good man. Thank you.”

Ryv Ryv

Last edited:
  • Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"You'd be surprised how much I rely on my friends," Ryv admitted. "When I decided to bring the Jedi to the Core and create the New Jedi Order, it was only because the people closest to believed I could do it. I mean, an eighteen-year-old kid leading a group of Jedi to war? It's a crazy idea, but hell, here we are now. The Sith Empire is almost gone. They haven't expanded their territory in nearly five years, which is a great chance of pace given the decade of unchallenged growth."

He looked down at his apprentice's resting head, as well as her hand on his. It felt odd being close to someone other than Auteme or Ripley. They'd been the only Jedi in the Order not absolutely horrified by the mess of scars crisscrossing his battered form. Aelys respected him, as did many others, but it didn't change that sense of isolation he found in being the Sword. Maybe that could change.

"I dunno what I consider fulfilling if I'm honest," he chuckled. "I'd like for this war to come to an end. Maybe adopt some kids one day. That be cool. I've got a nice place, some pets, cool droids... like, I bet kids would love living there."

Ryv's attention shifted to his cybernetic limb, safely hidden away beneath his jacket and glove. "I dunno if I'm ready for that sorta thing, though. Taking care of kids is a big responsibility, one that takes a whole other type of strength. I'm hoping I pick it up from being a master. I kinda think of Aelys as a little brother, one I'm responsible for teaching and getting through all this turmoil. With time, I bet you'll be the little sister insert I've never had."

He laughed again, this one full of mirth, a stark reflection of the darker memories shared earlier.

"A good man might be pushing it, but I am trying. That I can promise you," he slowly climbed to his feet and looked to the door. "You wanna go grab some grub? Maybe I can give you a tour of the temple, show you around a bit."

Rose smiled looking over at him and she raised a brow. “I think i'm too old to be a little sister to you.”

She smiled amusedly as he spoke. “D- Ryv you would be a great parent. I mean you managed to deal with me well. Anyways that sort of thing you can't prepare for each kid is different. You just take things as they come and deal with it.”

Rose looked at him lovingly. “Oh boy. You trying to be a good person means you most certainly are. As for the food and tour I would love to.” rose quickly added. “You can count me as a friend. rain or shine."

Ryv Ryv

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom