Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Anti matter torpedo launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

P_Torp.jpg

Image Source: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091122211848/memoryalpha/en/images/2/25/P_Torp.jpg
Intent: To create an extremely powerful torpedo
Development Thread: Na, but mentioned here, however if deemed necessary please advise on further posts
Manufacturer: Krayt Industries
Model: Anti Matter Torpedo Launcher (heavy launcher)
Affiliation: Krayt Industries
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, EMP detonator, stasis field and other standard torpedo parts
Description:

It`s an extremely powerful torpedo, developed using a photon torpedo launcher as a base. Then they worked out a firing mechanism, which would not destroy the ship. This was completed by using three stasis fields. The first was used in the cartridge, which it was transported in. This meant any accidental knocks, would not blow the ship up. Plus when fired it would also keep the torpedo from detonating to soon. When fired the cartridge would, release the torpedo and send it flying towards it`s target. Then cartridge would drop into a bay, so it could be refilled at a later date. Then the torpedo would eventually strike it`s mark, when it does an emp device goes off. Shutting down the second stasis field, and then allowing anti matter to react. The third stasis field only covers the rear half of the torpedo, to make sure the majority explosion goes against the target.

Even though it`s a heavy launcher, it can be used on custom ships.

[member="sabrina"]
So, this is a heavy warhead that takes up half the room as a normal one?

This is incredibly powerful as stands at the moment.

[member="sabrina"]
Of a normal launcher, yes. But it only takes up half of a heavy launcher (Normal is 2 turbolasers, this would be 4, heavy launchers are eight)

sabrina

[member="Strask Ak'lya"] I have made it into a standard heavy launcher, but made it so I can use it on my personal frigate. Would that suffice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom