Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another's Fleeting Mind [Achilles]

It always came back to Korriban.

The world where her descent into darkness had begun, that land of lingering shadow and heatless sun whose presence was more corrupting than illuminating. Since her last visit it was more noticeable that the planet had been occupied, however the people were not Sith nor were they anyone she had ever come up against before. But she wasn't here for them.

Since meeting once again with her Phoenix, who went by the name [member='Thyrian Ashborn'] in this life, small snippets of memory had begun to return to the Umbaran Woman. Many of the earlier ones culminated around this world, and it was her hope that being here would further aggravate the stimulant in her brain and induce further recollection. One could only hope.

She had been planet bound for two days. This time she did not stalk amongst the crypts of Sith long gone but instead trod along the rough sand trails that linked the drop bases to the main Academy. In her mind this was where she had first met her Master, although granted he had cornered her on the steps and not the path leading up to them. Her own more prevalent memory however rejected this fact. Had it not been on Umbara that Kära had met Tyrin? And had she not been an adult grown, and not some curious child in over her head?

With a frown she simply pressed onward, hopefully there would be something to be found along the way.

[member='Jordan Achilles']

Jordan Achilles

I was once a kid, now I'm half shadow, half man
[member="Snowflake"]
Korriban, birthplace of the mighty sith. The one rival to those fabled jedi "defender's of life" as they called themselves. Yet, they let innocent people perish to save others. One of the weaknesses of the jedi yet also one of their strengths in a way.

Jordan walked along a faded path towards the sith academy established on Korriban. He has never actually seen it before but he figured, it must be very shiny and shaped like a pyramid like most sith academies of old were shaped as. Jordan's hair was in it's normal unusual yet fashionable stance despite the heavy sandy winds on Korriban. Jordan's hands gripped into slight fists at his sides needing something to do other then just lay their against his sides with nothing to do. His light grey eyes looked around the environment along the trail, admiring the ruins of the sith. Will, those dreams would no longer be dreams, he was going to join the sith finally and become a darksider just like his ancestors before him and his family before him. His family-tree were of mostly darksiders, no lightsiders at all. Which is what made Jordan so needy to become a darksider, to make his ancestors proud of him rather then disappointed, plus he wanted power.

Jordan was wearing a light-weight leather vest with steel assortments grafted into the leather vest. Under the open vest, he was wearing a combination of a cloth and durasteel armor that was his father's at his age but Jordan, as you say "improved" it. He was wearing a pair of lightweight yet sturdy pants with armor plating on the knees, along the bottom of his knees he was wearing some leather boots, commonly used in deserts for them keeping the feet comfortable in the annoying sand. Along Jordan's arms, were bandages covering wounds he sustained from exploring korriban and training with some practice droids. His hands were wrapped in bandages due to his constant use of trying to improve his skills with the lightsaber he had found, taken apart, and then finally reconstructed to better suit his "personality" along with his "thirst for power." Jordan had his lightsaber clasped to his right hip via a lightweight yet durable durasteel chain connecting the lightsaber to his belt.

Now wasn't the time to be weak and afraid, it was all mental. Being afraid was mental along with being weak, it was all about what you thought of yourself. Now was the time for courage and to wipe your fear clean, now was the time......to become a......Sith!

Korriban had long since been abandoned by the Sith. While one version of Kära had been present, and one of the three Sith Lords of the Empire's Sectors, for the destruction of one of the greatest powers in the Galaxy, this one had learned the truth of the matter the self same way as the boy who followed her through the dusty land. Korriban, she had thought, would always belong to the Sith! How wrong she had been.

Walking as she was now, there came to mind the memories of her former life; the sight of the Academy, which now lay ahead of the woman who was adorned in white, caused a great somber sorrow within her heart. Its walls were no doubt still empty, the Sith had retreated to the Core Worlds and begun anew there, forsaking their former home. But it was not the Sith themselves that she was looking for here, just the shadows they had left behind.

Slowly she became aware of another's presence in the Force. Her strong mental abilities could pick up on the creature's sapience and in turn deduced that he or she was as conscious as Kära herself. Another archaeologist? Or perhaps one of the invaders who had taken over this once great world? However, the more she secretly delved on the being's conscious thoughts the more she came to realize that he was here with a much more sinister purpose.

Another lost soul, come to find themselves amidst the Chaos of the Darkside? Who was Kära to deny anyone in that regard? Instead of continuing onward the woman stepped off the trail and laid in wait; while she waited she began to lose focus on everything but the boy, including herself, as she immersed into the Force and her surroundings. Becoming invisible to the naked eye, she cast her gaze back along the trodden path with curious anticipation.

[member="Jordan Achilles"]

Jordan Achilles

[member="Snowflake"]
Jordan sensed something within the force. He couldn't exactly make it out since he wasn't too skilled in the force yet but he could tell, it wasn't a something it was a someone. Instead of reacting to it, Jordan just continued to walk along the path. He might be able to fight this new "threat" if it was even a threat at all. Although, he wasn't taking any chances at all, so he rested his right hand upon his lightsaber as to draw his elegant weapon if he needed to. If a situation arouse that deemed necessary was the true reason he would draw his blade, it was never bad to be on the safe side, at least he wasn't a coward.

Jordan was heading to the academy for one sole reason, to leave Korriban and find the sith. He heard about a shuttle at the academy but their was one downside. It was being guarded by who know's what. As arrogant as he was, he was also intelligent and knew better then to just charge in with his fists and blasters blazing. Jordan continued to walk along the gravely faded path through the sand, and then the academy came into view. It was a magnificent building, for a academy that is. It was merely a shadow of it's former glory. Suddenly, he sensed the same thing as before, but it felt even closer then before. Jordan tightened his grip on his lightsaber as he continued down the path, showing no heed to any type of threat that was incoming.

Whoever this being was they were more perceptive than most. She could feel the curiosity he emitted as if it were tangible, the anticipation, the threat... And when the time came she simply moved from the shadows toward him. The charade she had cast about herself dropped just as immediately while she peered over the boy who had just passed her by along the dirt path. She made note of the lightsaber in his hand, and the fact he had yet to ignite it. This showed a lot about his personality; he was ready should things turn dire, yet he wasn't willing to rush headlong into battle without first knowing what he was up against. Good traits, they showed patience.

"You will have no need for that" she said, a few feet behind him at this point. Her own lightsaber was rested at the back of her belt, as it always was, yet she had no doubt in the swiftness of her draw when it was required. "Though I won't hold it against you if you feel otherwise. It's been a while since I danced to that self-same song." When was the last time that she had directly used her lightsaber, outside of training? Kära could not recall. She worked by influence, and there were many who would risk their lives to retain hers. Still, that didn't mean she was incompetent. Merely resourceful...

Jordan Achilles

[member="Snowflake"]
Jordan felt the same presence again, but this time like he was on top of that presence. He turned towards the person once he heard the voice from behind. He released his tightened grip on his lightsaber and crossed his arms across his chest, if this person had wanted to kill him, they would have already done so...of course they could also be waiting for the right opportunity to strike, which was a possibility; though, he had no doubt in his abilities with the lightsaber techniques. Will more like, his custom lightsaber technique. It was a combination of one lightsaber technique along with some combined sword forms and this technique that he made was known as "Raptor." Although it wasn't a official form, he liked to believe that he made his own unique lightsaber from that only he knew.
Jordan didn't appear awestruck by the person's appearance, he showed no fear on his face. Just his classic smirk on his face, which to some would be insulting, except it wasn't. "Your right, I will not draw my weapon upon you. Yes you could've attacked me when my back was turned, but since you didn't.....it means you could attack me much later when my guard is down.....but either way I will not draw my weapon." Jordan was most curious about this sudden person, sure the force helped him identify the presence of the person, but not the identity of the person in general..

She watched him turn in her direction and for the first time got a good look at him. Strange, he looked so young yet his eyes betrayed him. No doubt he had seen more years than he was willing to let on. Far be it for her to judge, there were species out in the wider Galaxy with natural lifespans that far surpassed her own. Even the likes of the Epicanthix were mere children in the eyes of some. The thought of the Panathan dwellers sent her thoughts back to one she had known some years prior, a man by the name of Vornskr. Over the past few weeks memories had been returning to her, from a life she had never knew she lived. This man was a frequent part of them.

Bringing her mind back from the tangent Kära tilted her head softly to the left and peered over the boy's expression. His smirk was ill placed, but she was in no rush to pick a fight. Her time in the military had taught her to choose her battles wisely. And it seemed as though her predictions had been right, this one was wiser than most lightsaber brandishing students out there. He had sense, at least. "What are you doing on Korriban? You won't find anyone in the Academy anymore. It was abandoned years ago..." She didn't doubt that he was aware of such by now, part of her just wanted to see if his reaction would be genuine.

Jordan Achilles

[member="Snowflake"]
"Will, first of all I was born on Korriban. Second, yes....I did find out about that but their is a shuttle inside and I'm planning on stealing it. Now it's my turn---what are you doing here?" Jordan released the smirk he usually wore on his face and replaced it with a neutral expression. Yes, he did like his smirk quite a lot actually---but that didn't mean people didn't hate his smirk, and wanted to fight him cause of his smirk. Jordan was curious about this new person, who were they and most of all, where had they come from...since Jordan had never seen this person before; and few people even lived upon Korriban after it was abandoned. It wasn't the idle living situation for most people. The wind launched itself through the sandy trail leading to the academy, sending grains of sand onto the front of Jordan's chestplate. such was the way of worlds of sand, they always got your clothes gritty no matter what.

He was quite the open little thief. What could she say, though? She had robbed the First Bank of Coruscant twice to date, what was a shuttle in comparison to that? And it wasn't as if she could blame him, there was very little on Korriban to hold the attention of most people. Particularly if they had been born on the sandy dustball of a world. He likely knew more of its secrets than even most Sith Lords could claim knowledge of. "Quite an ambitious task; the Sith may be gone but that doesn't mean those halls are devoid of a presence." She made no move to specify what she meant by this; Kära had seen it herself, why spoil the surprise for another? "As for myself, I'm here for the same reason that anyone who risks entering hostile space is. I'm looking for answers." Kära smiled at him, before tipping her head in the direction of the Academy. "Where are you planning to go if you manage to get that old rust bucket working?"

Jordan Achilles

[member="Snowflake"]
Jordan was slightly taken back by the answer about the temple. What did this woman mean by, '..that doesn't mean those halls are devoid of a presence'? Yes, Jordan knew of the presence of the sith lords still lingering within their tombs and the valley of the Dark Lords, but he hadn't thought about their being a presence of the sith in the temple. Jordan hid is surprise at that thought and kept his neutral expression. Instead, Jordan just shook away the thought from his mind, he would think about this subject later, now was not the time to think about....he had more important stuff to think about. "To the One Sith. You see, my ancestors and such were powerful in the use of the force and darkside and they also became sith and a few became sith lords. Once I found out my power; I decided it was time to to train myself to join the sith."

Kära scoffed.

"The One Sith is your grand plan?" Shaking her head, a simple frown overtook her expression. "There are more worthwhile paths out there than to flaunt oneself among those heathens. You do not need to stand among the many to make your mark in this world, Apprentice. There are many who carve their own path; I'd aid in your endeavors if only to save you from those Vong-loving ilk. It is unnatural."

Taking a moment to calm herself, the woman began to wander back along the path. Knowing it was his destination she expected that he would follow as they made their way toward the Academy and continued to speak. "You could come with me to Umbara, study the true ways of the Sith - those that your Ancestors and theirs before them were well versed in." Just because one was a Galactic Power did not make them right. And this particular Sith Lord had no love of the One Sith, even if they had brought her Phoenix back to her.

Jordan Achilles

[member="Snowflake"]
Jordan heard this news but didn't say anything in response. He then focused ahead and caught up to the woman rather quickly, will she wasn't that far ahead of him. What did she mean by Vong-loving, did the One Sith love the Vong? Ehh, no one likes the Vong except the Vong and those religious Primevil guys. Was this true? Did the One Sith stray away from the true beliefs of the Sith, or was this woman lying to him. Jordan wanted to become a sith and follow in his ancestors foot steps, but at what cost. But at what cost?

Jordan felt compelled to go to Umbara with this Woman to study the true ways of the sith. He had heard about the One sith dealing with the Vong but this news, was unlike anything he had heard or seen before. He then sensed through the force, that this woman was not lying about this, that the Sith had turned away from the original teachings of Darth Bane and from the teachings of the great sith. "I've heard about the Sith making deals with the Vong...but nothing like this. Now, I sense it...the sith have fallen from their grace of old and dealt with manners they do not comprehend. I will join you." Was he making the right decision, yes he was; he was making the right decision through his beliefs of what the sith should do and be.

She watched as everything she said tumbled around the boy's mind. Uncertainty, disbelief and then disgust seemed to flurry around him in waves as he tried to decipher what he made of the whole thing. As if to aid his train of thought she simply shrugged and said "The majority of their leadership is made up of Vong-Shaped Sith in some capacity, they work alongside the Vong, they use their ships and ... technology." To the latter Kära had to refrain from pulling a face. The whole thing was crazy, not so much that the Sith worked with the Vong but that the Vong would ever work with Force Users... Especially the likes of the One Sith. Necessity drove people to do crazy things, no doubt! "It is unnatural."

But it hadn't taken much to convince him in the first place. With a nod of her head, while they still wandered down to the Academy, after all why not introduce him to what had been left behind with Korriban's sacking, Kära turned her head to address him. "If there is anything you wish to learn specifically" she began, giving him this option due to his heritage. She had never had this discussion with any of her other students... "Then you are to let me know; even if I personally cannot give you the information or training, I have contacts who can." Part of her despised that he knew who and what he was off the bat, part of the fun was breaking them into it. But there was also a profound sense of duty to the boy; even if she had never seen or heard of his ancestors, they were still her predecessors.

"Your name?" She finally inquired, as the Academy finally loomed over them.

Jordan Achilles

{OOC: Sorry for the delay]
[member="Snowflake"]
Jordan wondered about her question for a few seconds. What did he want to learn, sith alchemy as to permanently alter an item or sith magic as to learn the powerful arcane of the darkside. Jordan had then decided then and their rather quickly, he wanted to learn both, one would be nice but both would be much, much better that was for sure. He kept on walking at a steady pace with the woman who's name he still didn't know and then he heard her ask for his name, will better late then never to say his name. He kept at her exact pace as he began to answer her two questions, while asking one of his own.
"My name is Jordan, Jordan Achilles. If it's not too much, sith alchemy and magic...and might I ask, what your name is?"

Kära gave a slight nod of her head as they came upon the Academy. She halted and turned to face him when he spoke, waiting to take him inside. She could feel it now, the taint which accompanied the darkside, the occupation of the seemingly empty building... "Well, Jordan, I can assist you there but it will require a lot of work. And some basics need to be acquired first." After all, one needed a good grasp of the Force before they could jump into the likes of Alchemy and Sorcery! "My name does not matter" she said, before gesturing to the Academy, it was rare that her students learned of her name. "After you."

Jordan Achilles

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]
Jordan listened to her words intently, taking them all in at once. She spoke with knowledge in her voice and a hint of interest. But interest at what was the question. Instead of delving further into that matter, Jordan shook the thought away from his mind and continued forwards at the side of Kara. He heard her response his his question, "my name doesn't matter." Now that was a peculiar answer but it was mostly true, one did not need a name...a name did not define oneself. The way somebody was defined was through their actions and words, not their heritage or beliefs, but actions tell most about a person. Take a ant for a example, it is unknown if they can communicate in a type of verbal language but through their actions, is defined who they are in the colony. Actions are stronger then words yes, but the pen is mightier then the sword...both are actions. He walked into the temple when she let him go first but he still let his guard up, he wasn't just gonna take it down for a small time.

Inside everything seemed eerily still. None of the wind present made it through the building, though there was a build up of sand on the ground from the lack of general care since the Sith had abandoned the world. Kära thought back to the first time she had walked up those steps and stood in this hall, shortly after her first meeting with [member='Gerion Ardik'] who had caught her sneaking into the Academy and taken a chance on her by permitting her to formally join the Order. He had since become her Master and then the Emperor of the Sith Empire before its collapse. She was glad it was not under his guidance that such had happened. Her Father had succeeded him, though not through his own actions. She wasn't sure how she felt about that whole ordeal.

"This place was cleared of all holocrons and scrolls, anything of pressing importance. But there remains still some tomes of lesser renown." Glancing around she sighed inwardly and stepped over to the hulking obelisk in the centre of the hallway, between the stairs. "Bring me one, and if you survive your term as my Apprentice will begin." There was at least one Darkside Ghost haunting the Academy, and likely tuk'ata from the outlying desert. She had no knowledge of his skill but this would certainly give her an inclining, as would the tome he chose to bring her. There were a great many scattered through the building, on a great many different subjects. It would give her insight into Jordan's mind, if nothing else.

Jordan Achilles

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]
"I'll be back, hopefully"
Jordan announced the last part with a slight smile and then walked forwards, down a corridor with skeletons and debris scattered about the floor. Their were holes of varying sizes along the reaches of the corridor which, due to the darkness of the abandoned temple, seemed to stretch on to who know's where and for who know's how long. Jordan shifted his gaze around slowly, using the help of the force to help him identify his surroundings and he also went along via touch along the corridor's walls; will the walls that weren't broken that is. Jordan felt a draft of air from the right brushing against his legs through his black cloak. Jordan reached down and traced the hole with his right hand then crawled through the hole. He stood up on the other side and then reached for his lightsaber hilt and ignited it to be used as a light source and also to defend himself.

Jordan looked around the room he was currently in and walked towards what appeared to be a passageway into the corridor he just came in from. The entryway was blocked by a fallen support column along with some pieces of the floor from the second level. He walked away from the entryway and looked through the room, trying to see if their was anything in this particular section.

Kära waited patiently, there was no need to rush things. Besides this world and this particular room of the Academy brought back somewhat fond memories of a considerably simpler time. When there was just one Jedi Sect, one Sith Empire, and the Galaxy wasn't quite so fractured. The years since had been a yo-yo of unstable powers. It was most disagreeable, and it was likely the reason why Kära hadn't joined a single one since the Empire fell.

As for Jordan's little adventure through the dark, the deeper into the Academy he got without Kairos at his side, the more eerie it became. Whispers would join the whistle of the wind which rang outside the walls, distant for now and indiscernible but present all the same. The voices of Sith long since passed, Acolytes who had failed to appease their Masters or worse fallen to the blade of their fellow students. For now though he would wander unhindered.

Jordan Achilles

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]
Jordan held the lightsaber out in front of him and walked forwards. He felt a trickle of cold liquid and air brush down upon him from above. He peered upwards and some cold water splatted upon his cheek. Jordan was certain that their was a hole in the ceiling above him leading to the second floor. He then jumped upwards through the hole with the help of the force accelerating the speed at which he flew upwards along with the height. Once up on the new floor, he used the lightsaber to ignite his surroundings in an eerie red glow.

Once upon this particular floor, he began to hear whispers within the distant wind. Jordan listened to these strange whispers for a short while before moving on, feeling like something was watching him from the shadows. He walked towards a blocked doorway and tried the handle, except it was stuck with something blocking it upon the opposite side. In response, Jordan jerked his left arm back and build up some of the force within his arm and then he jerked his arm forward, sending a heavy stream of the force rocketing towards the barricaded door. The door busted open and off it's hinges with loud clang and clatter of metal falling heavily against the stone ground. He walked through the doorway with his eerie red lightsaber in hand as to ward off danger stalking him from the shadows, except, light was often the worst thing you could do if you were being hunted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom