Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another symbol of gratitude towards the Mandos

After meeting with that representative of a caf company for Pizza Hutt's supply of caf beans, Charzon received another visitor for business purposes, but that meeting wasn't to be held at Pizza Hutt. And Marcia, as well as Jessica, are preparing their equipment, especially raincoats, for the second phase of the operation, having found out that what Jessica sought was actually on Jabiim. But neither Kuat nor Jabiim were the topics of today's business with Clan Kryze, or even a stake in the end result of what they were looking for on Jabiim. They were looking for Egroegs; Saculs were a little expensive at this point.

-----------------------------------

ATTN: Titan Kryze

My longstanding policy with the Mandalorians having been not to favor a clan over another, and you, as alor'ad of the Kryze clan, have been in charge of overseeing the deployment of the clan's shipyards. Especially since the Mandalorians saved my butt on Kuat, and my trusted staffer Jessica Med-Beq has been nursed back to health on Alderaan. Some drydocks capable of retracting and extending in seconds, as well as capable of flying in hyperspace, what say you?

Charzon Loulan
CEO, Ringovinda StarYards

----------------------------------

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

Titan recieved the message from [member="Charzon Loulan"] while he was overseeing the construction of the first Freedom-class space station. As such the message hit him as quite accurate, he would like some orbital shipyards capable of changing size to conform for the craft being constructed. After reading the message a few more times, he saw the words "hyperspace capable" something useful, and something he had not seen before. He paused for a second, elation running through him, this could solve the Clan's constant need for money, as its current shipyards were on land, expensive land. He realised this could be beneficial, most beneficial.

[member="Charzon Loulan"]

If they were to meet in person, it would have to be on Yavin, knowing where the assets of the clan were in relationship to Ringo Vinda. Charzon wanted minimal disruption from their preparations for their expedition on Jabiim where they could hope to recover the wreckage of a prison ship that was bound to Kessel from the Wheel. Marcia and, upon return, Jessica did all the legwork: Charzon's equipment was already packed and ready to go and was in Marcia's office so that she would travel light to Yavin for this. And so, using her Neimoidian Yacht, she would plod all the way to Yavin, and hopefully not get any Corusca gem in her way. There were basically two sizes for hyperdrive-capable but the Sacul was vastly more expensive. Sure orbital yards would be a good thing, especially as the ships involved get bigger and bigger.

----------------------------

Roger, Yavin may be the preferred location. But I have to say, my last dealings with the Mandos were of the "We'll wait until the Jabiim expedition ends and then we will talk" variety. Speaking of which, several senior designers will leave for Jabiim almost as soon as I return from Yavin. Clan Lok I believe has acted that way lately. But the only other one that does adjustable, hyperdrive-capable spacedocks is in One Sith space: you've come to the right place.

Charzon Loulan

----------------------------

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

Luckily Clan Kryze was allied to Clan Rekali for now, after all the Reakli's influenced there greatly. But Titan would do what he had to do, no matter who influenced there the most

The short message was sent to [member="Charzon Loulan"] within an hour of her response.

Charzon made preparations to go on this trip by her lonesome. Marcia and Jessica were too busy getting ready for their expedition to Jabiim, and getting equipped for the trip through rainforests in search for a heavy Star Destroyer-sized prison barge wreck, one of the largest prison ships in galactic history. Few actually expressed interest in correctional history, but it was a risk the Jabiimi authorities had to take. By now, though, none of these would be of immediate concern to Charzon as she travels on her own to Yavin to meet with Clan Kryze. Now that she opens a channel for this impromptu deal to the alor'ad that had some interest in orbital Egroegs. But she never went on Yavin and she never had any clue about where on Yavin she would find their facilities. She would open a channel to them:

"Attention Clan Kryze: this is Charzon Loulan. Please transmit coordinates to your facilities now"

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

"We are in orbit above the planet, find the Freedom-class space station." Titan sent the transmisson to [member="Charzon Loulan"], as he waited at docking bay 5, "You can dock at Docking Bay 5. I'll be waiting for you there."

That ought to make finding the facilities a lot easier. The syringe-looking station under construction was Charzon's next destination. Docking bay 5? That was her next stop and it was one of the completed docking bays in the partially-built station. Charzon knew that Star Tours would haul off refugees across the galaxy, and a million refugees from Coruscant to either JanFathal or Ringo Vinda would probably cause problems on a large scale. But Yavin's syringe station would be where she intends to meet regarding the purchase of mobile, adjustable drydocks.

"Charzon has arrived. Now, if we may discuss the type, quantity and droid equipment of the drydocks being sold... this is why I came here for"

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

Titan watched as the woman walked into his meeting room in Bay 5, "Greetings, I am aware of why you came here. And I have the necessary amount of money for the goods. As for the type, I would prefer the Egroeg class stations, as they are most probably cheaper." Titan said, "As for the quantity, it depends on what they cost." Titan gestured towards a chair, "In the meantime, take a seat." He sat with his fingers pyramidical, leaning back in his chair, and his right leg on his left.

"The deal is that, with the Egroegs, while costing 8 million apiece, comes with about a hundred droids, which is far from the total droid capacity of the Egroeg. It can extend to 300 meters in every direction, but you can build ships much longer than 300 meters so long as the other two dimensions do not exceed 270 meters or so: it just won't entirely fit a fully extended Egroeg. Do you have any preference for droids, especially as it pertains to astromech, utility?"

Ringovinda StarYards has had success with the R9 astromech droids. To her it was the golden standard according to which all other astromech droids were judged. Class-4 hyperdrive, maneuverability comparable to that of heavy cruisers (whereas the Saculs were as maneuverable as heavy battlecruisers instead) - those things had a cost. The Mobile Spacedock 220, built by Rendili StarDrive, cost 100 million and could service at most ships that were 400 meters wide or high.

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

The cost was pricey, but it would most likely be worth it. "I have no preference on the droids." Titan replied, "Would you be willing to barter for the stations, instead of monetary gain?" Titan asked the question as Clan Kryze wasn't the richest Clan, but it had access to quite a few ships.

"The question is primarily one of how many Egroegs would be worth the same as one Freedom-class station. R9s and other utility droids like the ASP-7 in roughly 50/50 worked for us; probably you would want the entire complement of droids on each Egroeg, in which case bulk droid purchases would make it worth an extra million"

The sale was almost done - Ringo Vinda would gain an orbital arcology in exchange of which Clan Kryze Shipyards would gain a number of for them to spread out between Mandalore, Yaga Minor and Yavin. Here, however, the Ringovindian government intends to use orbital arcologies mostly for farming, thanks to the supply of Force fertilizer Ringovinda StarYards secured. Food supplies associated with millions of refugees would be stretched thin and millions of people would mean more food needed to be produced to feed them.

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

"The stations cost nearly 18 million apiece. They nearly drained the Clan's reserves." Titan replied, "So, one Freedom for every two Egroeg's sound fair to you?" He waited for a moment before replying. "I would like a total of 18 Egroeg's. So that would be nine Freedom-class space stations for you." He waited for her reply sitting there calmly, and patiently. Just waiting.

Nine Freedom-class stations. With these arcologies she could provide part of the solution to the food problems Ringo Vinda is facing, especially if most of the space in these arcologies was dedicated to the production of food. Ringo Vinda being a desert planet, most of the arable land is in a mountain range and many of the crops are in terraced farms run by Gungan farmers and their Glurrg servants. But even so the population of the planet is growing fast enough that the Ringovindian government has commissioned the population's help on many aspects of food production.

"You just helped Ringo Vinda solve one of its big problems: food. The Ringovindian government will allocate the majority of the space in these arcologies you call a Freedom-class station to the production of food, in which case this deal is concluded"

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

"Pleasure doing buissness with you. Oh, and one more question, do the stations have built in defenses?" Titan asked, the answer would be vital to his plans, he waited patiently for her reply.

"Point-defense cannons, shields, rather basic but better than no defenses at all" Charzon said, while writing the first draft of an article in Taking Off on a Star Tour where she would epict the arcologies under construction over Ringo Vnda and how they will solve the planet's food problems.

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

"Basic is fine." Titan replied, "The Freedom-class stations will be jumped to Ringo Vindo as soon as they are complete." He stood up, "If our business here is done. Then you may leave. We are both busy people, with other matters to attend to. Thank you." Titan turned and walked out of the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom