Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Another Job Well Done

Another bounty finished, another meal paid for. The small fry pirate hadn't been hard to find as cocky and arrogant as they were after attacking and holding up a few defenseless cargo ships. Their real mistake had been going after shipping of an important corporation, it didn't really matter which one. What did matter was the 50 credits Isacc had gotten out of putting a blaster bolt through his chest when he refused to come with him. He might have been able to fire back if he wasn't drunk, having just spent some of his earnings on drinks and gambling. Ah well, credits were credits and they'd last for a bit, even on Kuat, the planet he found himself frequency most days he wasn't off hunting. Not that he held any love for the planet but it was a hub of activity, independent and easy enough to get lost in for a few days before more work came by.

He felt the shuttle land and stood to exit, stepping out onto the busy spaceport of the planet best known for its industry and shipyards. Both cargo and passenger ships came and left every few minutes as he walked towards the nearest place he knew to relax, a small bar/ cafe that he often kicked the dust off at. Plus, they didn't mind the blasters he wore around his waist or around his back. His trip there was unexciting, just the way he enjoyed it, and he wordlessly took a seat in the corner, leaning back in his chair and letting out a deep breath as he listened to the soft music in the background, glad to be somewhere he didn't have to watch his back.

(Well I hope this isn't terrible for a first post...)

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
A young mandalorian girl enters the local cantina, clad in her culture's signature armour and her own strange bug eyed helmet, painted in dark reds and vibrant scarlett. She didn't carry much, save for a pair of DL-44s on each thigh, traveling light as she was here to purchase for once, rather than hunting specific prey. After that payout on Nar Shaddaa, She could finally afford the good stuff. But for now, She needed a quick break after a long flight, So she makes her way further in, her kit-bashed rocket boots jingling like outer rim spurs with each step, Walking with a sort of relaxed confidence that was uncommon for her, emboldened and brought on by recent success.

"A Correlian ale if you would"
She says to the barkeep, Her voice is smooth yet it carries a sharper undertone to it, not uncommon for hunters such as she, at least among the ones who haven't destroyed it with cigarettes and whisky yet. Once she has her drink in hand, she pays and makes her way to a table and sits, removing her helmet which was sat on the table in front of her. One that was coincidentally not far from another bounty hunter, whom she had yet to meet.

Isacc "Cross" Ricbin Isacc "Cross" Ricbin

Competition. It was hard to miss her, the fiery red mando armor and strange helmet and all and just by the way she walked and carried herself, Isacc knew this was one like him. A bounty hunter. Those scum that people looked down on and yet were so vital in keeping law and order, especially in the Outer Rim, that they were tolerated by even the snootiest of peoples and races. He was just glad to see another who didn't mean mug him because it meant one more going after what was meant to be their take. He'd heard stories of shootouts between those who hunted bounties could be even worse than whatever their targets had done to deserve the price on their heads. He'd avoided one so far because he took the small jobs, the jobs a lot of established folks wouldn't. Not much but a bunch of em to keep him plenty fed. He hadn't meant to stare, he'd learned it only drew attention to one's self, but he lept staring a lot longer than he meant to at the woman. Maybe it was the caution he felt whenever else someone as armed as he was entered somewhere, maybe it was the fact that mandos worried him as some were good at starting trouble. Or maybe it was the fact he liked the fiery red hair underneath when she took off her helmet. Regardless, he quickly coughed and looked down before standing and approaching the bar himself to order.

"Whatever's cheapest." he told the tender, grabbing whatever had been set before him and sipping. It tasted like bacta mixed with piss but it only cost him 2 credits
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

She took a quick swig of her ale, minding her own business while she looked over her helmet, until a patron behind her coughed and stood up. Being a somewhat cautious one, joti, couldn't help but glance over her shoulder to check up on her immediate situation. After all, she had angered a fellow or two while she was out and about. Fortunately, it seemed to be just another drifter getting a drink. She couldn't help thinking that he had a certain look about him, like someone who knew how to handle a blaster. someone who put those skills to use for a living. Someone not unlike herself. Another bounty hunter perhaps?
Not a very successful one, judging by his order. Not that she thought any less of him for it. After all, she only had credits in her account because she got lucky. Very lucky.

"Hey!" She calls to the bartender with a slight wave. "Get him something better.. put it on my tab"
Not something she was used to doing, but she could afford it this time, and now was a time to put the strain of the trade behind her. for now.

Isacc was taken aback and looked over his shoulder at who had said that. The Mando, now that was surprising. A generous mando bounty hunter... that combination of words made him suspicious as he'd heard stories of hunters buying unknowing marks drinks until they were too drunk to know which way up was, let alone resist or pull a blaster. Had his work caught up to him? Was he now the one who was hunted? Maybe one of those small fries weren't as small as they seemed... still, it was hard to resist the ale set before him and one drink wouldn't throw off his aim... He took the drink and nodded to the bartender before turning and walking over to the table the woman sat at, taking a seat and nodding to her

"Thanks." he said quietly before sipping the ale, "why?"
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Well.. You've the look another hunter. Maybe even part of the guild, And until Recently, I was in the same situation as yourself" She takes another swig before she continues.

"Barely a credit to spare on fuel, let along drink. Hired to gun down small timers for a handful, Assuming they don't try an' cheat you. Sound about right? Seeing as I have a little more in my account than back than, Figured I could at least make the drinking easier, right?" She chuckles a bit and goes back to her drink.

"Well, lucky, or unfortunate depending on how you see it, I don't spend money on fuel. Just cost for a shuttle between worlds. But easier drinking is always good after a job and for that, a salute you miss." He said, raising his ale up just off the table before knocking about half of it down, coughing after he had "o-ok, still not- still not very good at that." he got out, chuckling a bit after before clearing his throat "I just got done with some small-time pirate and 50 credits ain't bad, even if half of it was used getting too Kuat. You?"
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Fifty Creds?" She takes another swig and shakes her head. "No, I just got done with bigger prey over on jakku. Big enough payout that I'm looking to get a new ship actually. Figured kuat would be the place to do it. You really ought to scope out some better employers. fifty for a pirate is damn rip off... Could always try the guild"

She remembered those days all too well. Chasing even the lowest of bounties if it meant some credits in her hand, And she'd definitely been ripped off a time or three.

"Ehhh," he said, staring into what was left of his drink "the guild? Maybe. I just always felt I'm too small-time for that and, well, it's not all bad even if it means having to have another job every few months. I mean sure getting ripped sucks but when you don't have to spend much time or anything to get em... I dunno, I'm a bit newer to this whole thing. I mean, not new to using my blaster or anything, and I wasn't no smuggler or criminal but hunting bounties is a bit different than my old line of work... so, whatcha in the market for anyway? I might be able to help find a good deal on a ship."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Joti sat and listened to what he had to say. He had a point, She supposed. If he was fine with the smaller fish, why change ponds? Joti on the other hand was always looking for that next score. That next firefight. that next... Adventure! Pirates that contractors couldn't even bother to really pay for- that just wasn't for her.
Now that talk of a ship though, that was more like it. The here and the now, just where she wanted to be.

"I'm not exactly attached to a specific model yet. I want something that can carry myself and some others, Be they business partners or part of the catch. Maybe room for a carbonite freezer and an armoury of sorts. I don't really do fancy flying or dogfighting either, so probably something fast as opposed to heavily armed"

"Hmm, well, you're in the right neighboorhood alright. Just dunno how you'll go on without getting shafted. Lot's of ships around but most of em? Rust buckets that look nice on the outside and would make a droid lose its mind on the inside. Least that was my experience when I tried to buy one,: He said before swigging some of his ale "so, you said you might get one with room for partners? You ain't got one? Then again, you mandolorians like to go it alone, don't you?"
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"mmm.. Nah. That's a stereotype of sorts. I mean yeah, some of us do. But we're all about family and clan, and when the situation allows it, we travel in packs, so to speak" She chuckles.

"I've got a partner or two, off and on. Mostly on, these past few weeks, but today's one of those days where we gotta take care of business on our own, y'know?"

She smiled a little, thinking about her partner "Blue" and another "partner" of sorts, and her strange meetings with both

"I've always been kinda scared to run with one, even on low risk and low reward stuff. Don't wanna get screwed over yah know? I'd need someone I could trust to watch my back, or rather, I watch theirs. I'm no point man really, more the sit back and pop em then fix up whoever needs its type if yah know what I mean." he said before drinking down the last of his ale, letting out a refreshed sigh after he did "glad to her you found people you can trust, that's hard to do nowadays."
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"aggh- You can say that again" She sighs and downs the last of her drink. "I've been lucky recently, But when I first started? Chit show.. There were times when I'd spend more firefights with my "friends" than my enemies... But then it all changed. Met a guy from the guild. We were both after the same guy, but we both got bogged down when our mutual target's security was better than our intel. We watched each other's backs, walked out of their in one piece and more or less as friends"

She smiles softly at the helmet on the table, rubbing some carbon scouring off the side before sighing.

"I kinda miss that guy.. practically mentored me for a time. On the brightside, found more friends now, less moody too haha! granted, one of them wanted to kill me at first, and the other was a target of sorts. A good partner can change your life, and sometimes they're the people you'd least expect"

"Glad to see you've come out some scraps, you sound like you've been at this for a while. And maybe I will find one day but, dunno, been thinking bout washing out. The only thing keeping me is cause I'm stubborn. If I was to join the guild, coulda help me figure it out? How to, I mean. Never even really looked into it, won't lie... say, what was your name?"
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Joti" She begins, giving him a warm smile. "Joti Johayc is what I go by these days. I've only been with the guild a little while now, But I've been hunting folk for money about..." Her face scrunches up as she looks at the ceiling in thought for a brief moment.
"Three.. maybe four years now?" She looks back at him. "Yeah, I think that's right. Enough to show you around, yeah"

She pauses a moment to think about which guild outposts are nearby. Having not been around this part of the galaxy in a little while, she couldn't think of any off the top of her head.

"Tell you what. You give me a name and let me finish up business here in the driveyards, I'll see which outposts I can hail, and put in a good word for you? maybe give you a life? seeing as you're taking shuttles at the moment"

"Isacc Ricbin, friends call me Cross. And a lift? Yeah, I could use to any outpost nearby, that's for sure." he said with a nod, now smiling at her "thanks, it means a lot yah know? Have a vet put something in for yah? You help me out and know you'll always have a favor in your back pocket Joti."
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

She returned the smile right back at him "Happy to help Cross. But remember, being a vet, all that means coming from me Is that I've been making mistakes longer than you have" She laughs

"I might be a vet, But I'm the kinda gal that can turn you into a killing machine. I've gotten lucky is all, But I can tell you what not to do, and share the luck a little, yeah? But, if it all works out, maybe I'll call that favor in anyway"

"Yah know Joti, you kinda remind me of my old sarge, he talked a lot like you. Was a lot grumpier and lot less... I dunno guess just not as interesting. Hey, next drink on me? I don't mind and that ale was pretty good if I tell the truth." He asked with a little grin across his face, fishing out his 23 odd credits or so
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Well.. Guess I am a little more talkative than some mando'ade" Not a lot of people had said that about her, but it wasn't the first time. Maybe they were right? not that it mattered to her either way.

"Alright, But just the one. I want to be sober when I talk to the contractor" She chuckles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom