Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Bird Under the Wing

No sign of content or remorse as she ended the boy's life. No true hesitation, only an assurance his passing was slow and painful. And a final message of cruelty to let him know his death was in vain and without any greater purpose than to serve his masters. Darth Raven was highly impressed with this girl's actions. When she turned and said how fun it felt the Sith nodded her approval with her hands behind her back. After that she had her arms out, stepping forward and resting them on her shoulders.​
"Excellent work, my apprentice." she praised [member="Alyssa"] . "You'll make a worthy apprentice, and a strong Sith." her yellow eyes almost burning with excitement.​

"I would say I live to serve, but we'd both know the lie that is." She smirked and stepped forward to let her Mistress lay her hands on Alyssa's shoulders. "We both live for a greater value than servitude, I am glad I have made you proud."

Alyssa would stand there, looking back into her Mistresses eyes and smiling for a few moments. She had truly enjoyed ending the servant, though she knew greater pleasure would come from ending ones who struggled more, who fought back and made the ending far more worth it.

[member="Darth Raven"]

"Indeed." Raven nodded. "The only ones we serve are ourselves, and the Sith. Everything and everyone else is beneath us." Keeping on hand on her shoulder Raven reached back into her pocket while saying "And now another gift for you, [member="Alyssa"] . One that may prove to be a truly gratifying asses." She produced a small box and held it in front of her while saying "Inside is a Vong Seed. Are you familiar with it?"

Alyssa eyed the vong seed and raised an eyebrow as she shook her head.

"No, I've heard of Vong, but never seen them..." She replied, eyeing both the seed and her Mistress. "What's it for?"

[member="Darth Raven"]

"A very special object." she began to explain to [member="Alyssa"] . "One that will prove useful in both your training and your future endeavors against the Jedi." She still had the box closed as she explained "The seed will give you an ability known as 'force dead'. You will become invisible to anyone who tries to see you only through the Force. Only pure Force Sight will be able to penetrate the illusion. But to all else you will be a ghost, seen yet unseen." She then stood back and said "Let me show you. Close your eyes."
She waited until Alyssa did before walking away from the room. She found a spot where her voice would echo all about the place, giving the illusion she was everywhere. Only with the Force would Alyssa be able to find her, yet Raven has already called upon her power of the seed to conceal herself.​
"Well? Where am I?"

Alyssa waited and closed her eyes when she was told to. When her Mistress used the power of the seed, it was as if she vanished from the world, but Alyssa could still hear her. That was intriguing and confusing.

Darth Raven said:
"Well? Where am I?"
Alyssa opened her eyes and looked around. The water and walls were causing the sound of her Mistress's voice to distort and come at her from all angles. Alyssa focused on her force sense and sought her out with that, but as before she could sense nothing at all. The only person she could sense was herself. The boy at her feet was dead, truly gone now, and her Mistress seemed to be the same. She looked to the ground to see, but it had been long enough since Alyssa had tracked water up onto the floor that no prints were visible.

"That is a very interesting gift, Mistress." she called out into the room. "I know you are here, but I can't sense you."

[member="Darth Raven"]

"Now open your eyes." Raven said, standing right in front of [member="Alyssa"] the entire time. "You see now. That is the power of a Vong seed. And used in the capable hands of someone like a Sith it can be the decider between victory and defeat." She held out the box containing the seed again but this time held it back from her apprentice. "I will warn though. The pain you will endure will be great. Power like this does not come freely. If you decide not to take it, you do not need to. I only tell you this to prepare you....as best I can."

Alyssa raised an eyebrow at the prospect of pain. She had been initiated into pain as a very young child, emotional, mental and physical. Now she drew almost as much pleasure from pain as there was pain. She grinned slyly.

"So...with this...vong seed...I'll be invisible to anyone looking for me through the force? I'll be indistinguishable from the peons around me?" She grinned wickedly. "Is this universal, from Jedi Masters to Sith Lords and everything between? Is it something I can switch on and off?"

[member="Darth Raven"]

"Yes." Raven answered to all of her questions. "Though at this state it will take time for it to fully grow within you. No fear of mutation or anything, but you'll only be able to fool some weaker force users. In time, however, not even the strongest Jedi Master will be able to sense you. However they have been known to find other means of finding people. Something to keep in mind." She opened the box, revealing the pulsing black seed, and held it out to [member="Alyssa"] , saying "Take it....and truly become my apprentice."

Alyssa looked her Mistress in the eyes and took the seed without any hesitation.

"Do I swallow it...or insert it somehow?" She asked, quirking a wry eyebrow at [member="darth raven"]. "Or is it less fun than that?"

Raven wasn't too surprised, for once, by [member="Alyssa"] instantly taking the seed. She knew she was like her and wanted as much power and advantages as possible. It was only natural for a Sith like her. She only stood back before Alyssa asked, prompting her to answer "Only swallow it. But be warned. The seed will attache to your spinal cord and, from there, try to take control of your mind. You must be strong enough to fight it and control it instead of the other way around. If not it will kill whatever is left of your mind and make you it's thrall. And I'll just have to add you with the rest of failures who are nothing but cannon fodder now." Though she made it sound like there were others, in truth there were not. Raven needed something to stoke the girl's fire in order to fight the control. Knowing the process was the more painful part she took another step back to give her as much room as possible.​

The spine held the nerves that routed the signals to and from the brain. Right behind the throat was the brain stem, the part of the brain, on a human or near-human, that did the routing and control for the signals and controlled the animal hind-brain and fight or flight response. Pain was a signal both to and from the brain, so while the spine and brain themselves didn't have pain receptors, they had access to all of them.

Alyssa was good with pain, in a lot of ways she craved it to let her know she was alive. It was her thing, pain, she enjoyed it and got off on it far more than was honestly ok for a normal person. She'd lived a hard life.

Alyssa swallowed the vong seed without any hesitation, passed it over her tongue and down her throat. It was a bit on the big side to just swallow, but the pain of swallowing it was very closely followed and drowned out by new sensations as her saliva activated the seed. It burrowed through the back of her throat and into the joint where her brain stem and spinal cord met. Her eyes went blind with flashes of color and migraine level pain. All of the nerves on her body felt as though they were simultaneously on fire and bathed in ice water, all while being carved into with dull rusty spoons and paper cuts.

Without consciously deciding to or being aware of it, Alyssa fell to her knees. Her eyes were rolled up into the back of her head in a strange combination of pain and perverse pleasure. Her body spasmed as the vong seed settled into where it wanted to stay and blanked her essence from being sensed by the force. New sensations continued to food her, as if lemon juice and salt were being rubbed into each of the wounds she was not actually covered with. Her muscles all tried to contract at once, causing her to fall over onto her side and into the water. Her body continued to spasm, her gills opened and closed spasmodically, getting only the barest amount of oxygen into her.

After a few moments, she fell to the floor of the pool and lay there. The pain receded slowly, but enough so that she could move. Her gills began to work correctly and she took deep breaths past them to regain oxygen. When the pain reached a low enough level that she could move, she kicked her way to the surface and lay over the side of the pool, unable to quite pull herself all the way out quite yet. In her eyes could still be seen the residuals of pain and pleasure as she panted. Her eyes were unfocused and her mouth slightly open, but otherwise she didn't move.

[member="Darth Raven"]

While Darth Raven had hoped [member="Alyssa"] would survive she made no real advace to help or the like. This test was hers alone, even as she fell into the pool. At the very least both her gills and the training in Breath Control would hopefully hepl; provided she could stay concentrated. Even as she writhed at the bottom of the pool Darth Raven only stepped to the side and leaned her body over to see as she continued to fight. She could sense it. This girl was strong. Strong enough to still fight and kick while dealing with the pain of the vong trying to take control. Finally she stepped back as she made her way to the surface before collapsing. When she did not move Raven walked over and knealt down before brushing the hair from her forehead, placing her hands upon it. She was trying to sense if her mind was still intact by this point.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom