Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anomalIous BX series commando droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
024f7332afb0edfd53cc5530659bfa27.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: N/A (this droid variant was not manufactured, but an altered version of an already existing BX-series droid commando)
  • Affiliation: Scyther (it will be used for a future character that was not yet created when this post is submitted)
  • Market Status: closed market
  • Model: modified BX-series droid commando
  • Modularity: No, but the droid is able to alter his structure and built-in equipment, however changing the construction of the droid by conventional means (example: on the workbench) is not possible without that droid's help and approval (this also affects things like restraining bolts)
  • Production: unique
  • Material: beskar steel, unknown Force charged liquid, small amount of slightly altered droid components
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: class four droid
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Height: Average
  • Movement: Bipedal
  • Armaments: wrist Force energy vent (releases Force charged liquid directly from the tubing of the body, the liquid has different effects and properties, depending on the settings the droid used when releasing the material, it is a built-in device), can be retracted and hidden
  • Misc. Equipment: most of the data the droid receives comes from the unknown Force tech used in it, but it has highest quality: visual, tactile, smell and audio receptors, vocabulators, scanners, hidden holoprojectors all over the body, a personal shield generator with customizable power and density, a computer compatible with the shroud crystals that store his mind, a
  • Resistances (Optional):
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): Extreme
    • Lightsabers: Extreme
    • Kinetic: Extreme
    • Other (ION/EMP): low (only the parts where any electronic parts are present are protected (fully), everything else is completely exposed)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The droid does not operate like most other droids, it has minimum electronic parts and most of his insides are filled with tubing, which is filled with a goo/liquid of such natural color (it is referred to as Force charged liquid above and liquid below), this goo can maintain the consciousness (or programming?) of the droid and gives commands to the electronic devices, it can duplicate quickly within the droid's body, but much slower outside fo it and it is electro conductive but it's functionality cannot be disrupted by EMP/ION weaponry and can change it's properties according to the droid's desire. Also, due to other properties of the droid it is more creative than other droids, but has a higher risk of miscalculating the odds, increasing the risk of mistake. Also, upon deeper examination it was revealed that the liquid has a different molecular structure, it's made of different elementary particles which can change the properties of the liquid (example: the particles can reassemble the molecules of the liquid to become denser, changing the liquid's state of matter, this property allows the liquid to change according to the droid's will), also, the liquid contains microscopic non-organic bodies, similar to nanites, each controlled by their own shard crystal, they speed up the liquid's reassembly process and deliver the raw materials created by liquid to do repairs and maintenance, but those "nanites" cannot stay operational outside the liquid, the liquid duplicates faster when dissolving some of the existing materials, all the shard crystals are connected to the main one located in a computer, the shard crystals can let the liquid flow through them, in case the crystals lost some of their mass or need the liquid inside of them for other purpose
STRENGTHS
  • Force attuned: the liquid inside the droid is charged with the Force, making it an unnaturally powerful Force user, he can also preserve his mind in a "bubble of Force energy" and use the Force without the body (less effective), he can also create a small amount of liquid (and the "nanites" that come with it) by making a slight "breach" in the fabric of reality
WEAKNESSES
  • Pain sensitivity (physical): the droid can sense pain, although not much things cause it and he can withstand one hit of a ship mounted ion cannon and get up after, the second shot will render him immobile for a few seconds and the third shot will render him unconscious
  • Pain sensitivity (mental): the liquid allows for the droid to use the Force well, but as a side effect, enables strong emotions, although it is difficult to enrage, terrify him etc. it is possible, making him more vulnerable than most droids in that regard.
  • ION/EMP: the droid is protected from normal ION/EMP effects, but if they come in contact with the liquid inside the droid they will cause physical pain
  • "bleeding": the liquid inside the droid has the default state of matter of, well liquid, which means the droid will "bleed" it out at least for a second before he changes some of it to solid state of matter to temporarily close the wound, before the liquid can become the lost material (example: beskar in the place where the droid's arm sustained minor structural damage)
  • Liquid dependent: the droid needs to have the liquid to operate, loses efficiency and feels discomfort (somewhat like humans when they have blood loss) when it lacks (example: if his arm has only 50% of it's tubing filled with liquid that arm would only operate at 50% of maximum efficiency)
  • Unstable: one of the main materials the droid is composed off is liquid, which was created in a very unnatural way, add a droid singularity projector on top of that, if the singularity projector is hit with ion weaponry and the ion protection was "bypassed" (destoyed) the device Hill kick the droid in addition out of reality without control for a few seconds before the droid can shut it down for future repairs, you can't destroy the droid forever, but this is a sure way to beat him if you know how to exploit this weakness
DESCRIPTION
The origins of that droid's modifications (liquid, shield generator etc.) aren't known, what we DO know is that this droid served the CIS military when he got ejected into hyperspace during a jedi infiltration operation, he was later found by Mishmam, Mishmam decided to take the droid to personally repair it, and now serves as Mishmam's friend and second in command
More OOC:
This is a "OP, but manageable and relatively balanced" type of character, making them fun and appropriate for treir type name is REALLY hard for me (and, of course impossible to make approvable first try), so please, I beg you, tell me the EXACT things that are whrong about this project and recommended way to fix this without breaking the main idea I have for this droid (his one strength and OP armor ratings along with built-in stuff are best kept and I will remove any them only if I have on choice), if I got ahead of myself and went too creative (such degree of creativity is usually called insanity) tell me exactly what is that is too uncanonical for Star Wars so I will be able to fix that, this OOC part will be removed upon approval/archivation(hope that one won't happen) of the project
I thank you in advance*
*(just as my brain cells that nearly committed suicide while creating and especially balancing this abomination)
Ninjas Squad GIF - Ninjas Squad Star Wars GIFs

Last edited:
Mishmam (char.) Mishmam (char.)

Ok, there's a lot to unpack here and a lot to work through, but I'm going to walk through this with you step by step till we get a submission that you're happy with and that works on the site.

So, firstly, and most importantly, the reason that this sub would be seen as not in line with the idea of Star Wars is the force-charged goo that you've included in the submission. As far as I'm aware, and please correct me if I'm wrong, there is no basis for this in existing canon. When dealing with submissions such as this we generally seek to expand upon canon, even obscure references, or to build upon real-world technologies.

So, before we go further, I have 2 questions for you.

1) What is the shadow-state?
2) What exactly are you trying to achieve with this force goo? There are ways to give a droid access to the force but I can suggest one based on what you want to get done.

1. He is basically like a ghost but is also scientifically accurate, in the "shadow" state he does not physically exist in normal reality, but can move around in interact with himself (he always has some goo in the shadow state, so if his body gets destroyed he will put i tiny bit of "shadow" goo in some safe spot so it will grow and over significant time restore it's body, but because he can interact with himself he can restor the small goo reserve in the shadow state so he will always preserve his mind)
  2. So the "goo" functions similarly to midichlorians and I did not want to make some conventional stuff because the "goo" allows me to easily add strengths and weaknesses and makes the droid more unique John Locke John Locke
  3. I also decided to add a weakness

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Which force power is this Shadow State? I'm not sure I know of anything like it, and it sounds like it would be really useful. In addition, the force doesn't allow regeneration of droids as far as I'm aware. It can heal living tissue, I've even read about Anakin Solo preparing droids but regeneration is not something I've ever seen a droid do.

So, if I understand you, the Goo, preserves his mind, and at the same time allows him to use the force and give commands to electronic devices. It conducts electricity, but an EMP has no effect on it.

I understand that you were trying to make the droid unique and special, but this Goo does not seem to be something that adheres to the idea of star wars.

1. So shadow state is not exactly a Force power, it is more of a property of the liquid itself and the droid can't regenerate it's hull like Force heal would, it is the liquid duplicating and filling the damaged area, which is a quick way to close the hole in the tubing to prevent "bleeding" to death, so the damaged area is filled with the liquid and then the liquid itself slowly changes to the desired material. While in the shadow state the goo can duplicate, but because only a small portion of it alongside with the droid's programming (the entire body cannot be in the shadow state for longer than about a few hours at a time), making rebuilding the body from literal zero very difficult and time consuming (otherwise it would extremely OP and that is no fun), so the basic idea is the droid, when kicked into hyperspace "picked" the otherwordly liquid up somewhere, before getting back to our realm, so it has properties of midichlorians alongside it's unique properties (we know IRL and in SW some materials change their properties when heated up, entered reaction, cooled down etc. the same goes for the liquid, but it get it's properties changed by the droid's command as they are somehow bonded), the EMP/ION protection only exists in "vitals" like: scanners, computer (used to better conect with other digital stuff, like holonet), receptors etc. everything else is fully exposed, so ION/EMP stuff won't disable anything directly but they will cause pain, at least distracting the droid
  2. ninjas-squad.gif
  3. John Locke John Locke

Last edited:

Just a note, if you edit a post to include a tag then the person you're tagging won't receive it. Please always tag in a new post so we can be sure to get it.

Ok, so I still don't understand what the shadow state is. Is it transferring the droid to a different dimension? Or making it ghostlike?

As for the rest of the capabilities you're discussing, have you considered replacing a force-infused goo with Nanotechnology? Nanobots would have much the same effects that you're looking for. Repairs, EMP protection etc

1. So the liquid was inspired by nanotechnologies from no man's sky and it was made specifically with the exact properties I need for the droid and the goo is meant to be a bit alien to SW (and our human logic) as it is literally from the other realm (i remember reading some SW comic about people getting stuck in some sort of hyperspace dimension, I didn't get any of it, but it was probably legends, i will be surprised if I'm wrong about it) I could make some detailed stuff that is already in canon, but will have to fill all the plotholes manually and I could slap some purple goo into those holes and ket the substance fill them for me, I did not have the time and patience for the first variant, so I used the liquid
  2. The shadow state is something inbetween what you said, stuff in the shadow state does not exist physically but is present in the Force, that is also why maintaining it is so difficult.
  3. John Locke John Locke and also, could you please tell me your time zone and when you are actively working on submissions, so I can change my shedule accordingly, if you don't want to tell me your timesone, use mine: it is 7:29 when I last edited this reply
Ninjas Squad GIF - Ninjas Squad Star Wars GIFs

Last edited:
There are several other dimensions, Hyperspace itself, Otherspace, the Netherworld etc you are correct. However, the force does work by certain known rules, and the abilities you describe cannot be ascribed to the force, but instead, we would have to look elsewhere. As I suggested, Nanotechnology would be a good catch-all that would allow you to maintain the abilities you want in a way that makes sense within the idea of star wars. I'm not sure what plotholes you're thinking about, but there aren't any that I can see.

When it comes to force usage, something like a shard would give him the ability to access the force.

When it comes to the shadow state, it feels like a brand new force power, instead of an existing one. The Codex and Factory do not codify new force powers, so you'll need to find an existing power if you want to do this through the force. However, the Droid Singularity Projector does exist which allows Droids to step between dimensions.

OK, I think I don't need to replace the liquid, I can clarify what is it made of (I will just alter the existing canon stuff, probably by mixing the droid and the liquid stuff could just make the shard stronger and give the droid a filsave my other character has (mishmam died at least once even before my RP even started and I will kill him off occasionally, maybe will kill him for good once)
P. S the plot holes are that I am making a droid version of Mishmam and to transfer most fundamental stuff I need to think of stuff and it may lead to me missing out on some detail and this is basically one step away from creating a plothole

Ok, I'll wait and see what you come up with. Would you like the submission moved to the pre-factory while you work on it?

Please be aware, that I will not accept the force goo in its current state. I have given you an option for it, and I'm sure you can come up with others, but in its current form it is not inline with the idea of star wars.

Please tag me when you're ready for me to take another look

I will break the liquid into compounds: altered elementary particles, tiny shard crystals and small bodies (the "microfauna" of the droid (the bodies won't be organic)), it's just a few tweaks, not a rework of the submission, so I don't think moving it to pre-factory is necessary
John Locke John Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom