Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Announcing: NEW Hyperlane Location Template and our newest CJ

So this is something we've had in the works for a while now but given the nature of it I decided it was best to wait for NO DEV to pass. I'm extremely excited to announce the new...

HYPERLANE LOCATION TEMPLATE

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt][State why you're making this submission; what will it be used for.][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Credit:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]How to source images.[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Canon:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [Is this a canon hyperlane? If not, please mark this field as N/A.][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Links:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [Provide any relevant threads, characters, locations, companies, etc.][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]HYPERLANE INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Hyperlane Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [Name of the Hyperlane.][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Hexes Crossed:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [The total number of hexes this hyperlane crosses, including the start and end hexes.][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Start Coordinate:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [The X Y coordinates where the hyperlane starts relative to the [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Galactic Map[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].][/SIZE]

• End Coordinate:[SIZE=9pt] [The X Y coordinates where the hyperlane ends relative to the Galactic Map.][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Route Points:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [From end to end, please list the planets that sit as points directly on this hyperlane’s route. Include any other noteworthy points such as space stations, asteroid fields, etc.][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]HYPERLANE CHARACTERISTICS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Speed: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt][[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Very Low[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] (e.g. back routes in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space); [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Low[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] (e.g. back routes in the Outer Rim or Deep Core); [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Average[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]; [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]High[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] (e.g. Core Worlds); [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Very High[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] (e.g. Hydian Way, Corellian Run, Mara Corridor)][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Accessibility: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt][Describe how easy it is to find this hyperlane. Is it public knowledge? Is it used and accessed by the common space traveler or reserved for specific people? Is it known only to smugglers or corporate officials?][/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Route Hazards:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [Are there any hazards along its route? Space anomalies or creatures? Dying stars and other stellar phenomena? Raiders and pirates? Is law enforcement strong here? What are the risks of changes in the hyperlane? Risks of accidents while traveling it?][/SIZE]

• Rest Stops: [SIZE=9pt][Are safe ports frequent, or are there long lonely stretches between fuel stations and waypoint markers? Are there any notable locations along the way?][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt][At least a paragraph description of the hyperlane. Some suggested topics to hit include: discovery, the story behind the creation of it, and who primarily uses it and for what purposes. Describe important ports and stops along the lane, as well describe the major hazards one might encounter - if any. Be sure to include the nature of various sections of the hyperlane: are some sections overseen by corporations with tighter security measures? Are others plagued by pirates? Are there areas that tend to get crowded due to high traffic? How about pitstops along the way? The more hexes the Hyperlane crosses, the longer this section should be.][/SIZE]

This template is to provide the memberbase a means to codify Hyperlanes they have created through their RPs. While these Hyperlanes will NOT be officially added to the Chaos map, the Codex will also offer the chance for approved Hyperlane location subs to host Chaos Map thumbnails within the submission itself that plots the hyperlane course for ease of reference and just because it's really cool.

I know several members have had some of their custom-made hyperlanes tucked away in a back pocket and I am very eager to see what you guys have come up with and the stories tied to their creation and use. I know there's some good ones out there.

Secondly, we sadly said goodbye to [member="Kaili Talith"] who had to step down from CJ due to IRL circumstances. This comes only a short while after Kaili passed probation - so hopefully once things are settled we'll see you back in Codex again. :)

We welcome [member="Jasper Varanin"] to the Codex in Kaili's stead. Jasper has served on almost every Staff and Staff Representative position on this forum multiple times and I'm certain the Codex is a welcome homecoming for him. I'm happy to bring his oodles of SW lore knowledge to the table for the memberbase to use to their benefit. Welcome Jasper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom