Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anim Hextar: Some assembly required - Critique

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/30565-anim-hextar-the-fabulous-and-majestic-wip/

Hello all you wonderful people from galaxies near and far. A stranger and lurker still, finishing my character application has eluded me for awhile, Oh my, almost reaching a year. Perhaps it is the search for perfection which holds back this glamorous beast (Rawr ~.^m) where I do not want to come in too powerful and too amazing. This is being my first character at your wonderful board. That being said, I do not want to pull too far back. I want to give with my all. This character was fortunate with his first creation being able to grow from something smaller into something more (More Fabulous!), but I worry I may have been able to get away with things that I was not aware of at the time.

So now I seek your aid to trim this piece into your puzzle. I want to know if what I have made so far is acceptable or is something too strong or too complicated. Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Biography is being left blank now as it could be affected by changes in the tech I describe. Also, I am looking for a little direction of wear I can hang my pink boa.

Just some added information of what I imagine Anim Hextar to be (the spoiler free version):

Anim Hextar's acts and behaviour is far from recognizable compared to any other common droid. This is because unlike any other common droid, Anim was only programmed with one directive: "To be." Both cryptic and philosophical, Anim Hextar has taken this as "To be a part of the universe," and in doing so has hypothesized that the droid perspective on the subject was very near-sighted. Anim had to create for himself wants and desires, to imitate the way lifeforms have been a part of the universe since the beginning of time. He found beauty in the flaws of organics, and drew inspiration from their order through chaos.

Also, before I can begin the biography, I would like to associate myself with a faction. Being a "hey, I popped to kick ass and buy shoes, and I am already bought all the shoes" never settled well with me, so I would like to include being connected to a group a part of the history. So what can I offer to your faction? Well, precious, I am glad you asked.

Alignment-wise, Anim is more Chaotic-neutral leaning towards evil. Selfishness and ambition drives him, and anything that is not valuable or amusing is expendable. To create his persona, Anim thrives on decadence and the material, putting a high value on appearances and the senses. Due to his capacity for intelligence and developed curiosity, Anim enjoys inventing and research as long as they are towards his wants. His specialties are cybernetics and theoretical applications, with a focus on cosmetic modifications.

I thank you for your time and attention, and again I greatly appreciate any comments and suggestions, especially critisisms (Just be gentle, I bruise easily ~.^). This may have actually been more for getting my ideas down and solidified, but an audience is always fun.

Stay fabulous.

Terran

It's never ogre
[member="Anim Hextar"]

I love the concept of your droid (I used the word. Sorry.)! I was originally planning on making a philosophical droid as well, but ended up going the more traditional route.

Just one comment/suggestion thing: You put "asexual, common form is male" in the "Sex:" part of the template, but I think the word you're looking for is agender? Because, from my understanding, the word 'asexual' could either mean 'the lack of sexual attraction to anyone' or 'low or absent interest in sexual activity'. Whereas agender means having 'no gender identity' or having a 'neutral gender'.

Another term for agender is genderless, which I find to be easier to remember and understand :)

http://nonbinary.org/wiki/Agender

EDIT: Disregard what I said! I found out that asexual could also mean:

a·sex·u·al (ā-sĕk′sho͞o-əl)
adj.
1. Having no evident sex or sex organs; sexless.
Your character seems great :D

Terran

Thanks. I was certain I googled the right term, but I appreciate the input.

btw... Being new I noticed that a lot of people who mention other players will have the name mentioned that directs to a profile like what you did above. How you do that? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom