Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angels belong in the skies

Euuurrgghh

An angsty exhale filled the silence between the astromech and the pilot. Her lithe frame was sunken into her cockpit's captain chair as if she were over two tonnes.

Loske had recently discovered her animosity toward The Force was for naught, and she herself was a wielder of the metaphysical. In small doses. But! With the right traumatic exposure, it would be far more detrimental to her foes. Whodathunk. It went against everything she knew, everything she'd been living for the past few years in the wild. She was a pilot, through and through. The skies were her home. If she were to pursue this training with The Force business, she may have to give up her role in the squadron and other tough life choices. It wasn't a half butt sort of endeavour.

That bad, hm?

"I'm not as good as processing as you are, Frank."

Obviously. Your CPU is organic. Your brain is situatied in time as a freestanding object. Independent of the experiences you're overwhelmed with. What did Master Grayson say, focus on the present?

"The present is a rough concept." The girl argued, gesturing from her slouched position to the droid who was adjacent to the dragon hide cushioned seat. "The latency of my thoughts makes the present I'm experiencing different than anyone else's."

Obviously focus on yours.

She inhaled. "Maybe the present is a metaphysical marker, travelling through a timeless version of reality. The past is frozen. The future is frozen. Time is the present." She exhaled. "If the future is frozen, I've got to heat up where I am to make it something malleable." She inhaled again, and exhaled much quicker this time, pinching her nose with both of her hands and groaning.

Science can be a damnable thing.

"You seem to have reaped all its benefits."

Yes, well, I had a great maker. The droid would have grinned at this point, reflecting on [member="Kaili Talith"]'s majesty. Instead, his rotund body gave way to a quiver of glee. Yours, unfortunately, gave you freedom of choice. You're not the first to have this transition. There was Skywalker, Locke..

"Locke! Like, Allyson Locke, from Rogue Squadron?"

Yes.

"Woah!" Loske elbowed herself to a more appropriate sitting position, and spun the chair to face the droid. "Where is she now?"

If you'd let me finish. After Rogues, she joined the Silver Jedi.

"She had The Force, too?" Now she drummed her fingers against her lips, pensive about the situation. "I wonder..." her thought trailed off as she spun the chair once more, activating the HUD of her ship and tapping into the contact list she'd hardwired from the XJ that used to be the body of this ship. "..if I have her old number..." her azure gaze scrolled through a list of names and corresponding channels.

"Ah HAH!" She announced, triumphant. "I hope this old code will still check out.." she murmured, as the keyboard extended from the HUD and she scooted forward to meet it, typing with her tongue pressed between her teeth - evangelized for a conversation.

TO: [member="Allyson Locke"]
SUBJECT: ...

Hi Rogue #,

It's been some time - how's the galaxy been treating you? How are you treating it?

Is your schedule open in the next standard planetary rotation for a cup of caf and some girl talk? Feeling the need to remember to be thankful for people still being alive these days.
That sounds so lame.

"Too bad, I sent it. I don't really know how to say hey, how did you make your life choices without sounding overbearing."

If I were her, I wouldn't respond.

"Ah, but, you don't have freedom of choice. I'd make you respond."

I hate you.

"Only sometimes."

‘Bzzt…Bzzt’​
The vibrations of something that surprisingly still had a charge echoed in a toolbox near the Corellian. Sounds of tinkering echoed in the small abandoned hanger, where two X-wings were strung up and in parts. Soon after the device started vibrating, a small droid spun around and with an annoyed trill, berated its owner. Allyson continued to ignore the droid and the device until the droid smacked the tool box and forced it to roll towards her. Sliding from under one of the engines, Allyson frowned and used the moment of the force to retrieve the device. Landing in her hand she flicked a few switches and listened to the message. Titling her head, she chuckled and shook her head.

“Such an awkward message.” Looking at the droid, it seemed quite proud of itself for getting the vibration to stop. Allyson brought her knees up to her chest as she sat there and pondered. It wasn’t a usual thing for someone to reach out to her, unless you were a specific Jedi Master. Allyson moved her fingers in the air and the device typed up her message response.
To: [member="Loske Matson"]
Subject: [RE]…

Hey! Long time no see. Galaxy has been treating me a bit better it seems, and I’ve forgiven it for the hot mess it likes to throw at me. My schedule is open, and I’ve been long due for some girl talk.

Toss me some coords and I’ll meet you as soon as possible.

Hope you’ve been well, and the Galaxy has treated you right!
Allyson smiled and then sighed. She hoped she wasn’t sounding too desperate. A part of her wondered if Loske had any information on Kaili, though the Corellian knew she shouldn’t bark up that tree any time soon. “Welp, time to get ready to fly.”

Delighted was an understatement. The fact that [member="Allyson Locke"] replied at all let alone in a timely manner, had Loske around two moons.
She touted her victory to Frank by replaying the message a few times, much to the droid's chagrin. Now she had to pick a location. Thankfully, the Coalition were friendly - so shared space would be fine, but asking Allyson to come all the way out to the Outer Rim could be tolling on fuel reserves and costs - though with the recent return to Sullust, it could be a nice reminder of their history together. But that could be overbearing.

She patched the coordinates through - specifically to a location on Manaan, in Ahto City with an overview of the race track. She had a particular fondness for the city - it was beautiful. It was also, serendipitously, the last place her mother stood as active Grandmaster.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ahto City
Manaan
Luxury Resort
There was a light breeze that ruffled any parts of her clothing that weren't fitted to her frame. The air itself contained a taste of the salt that surrounded the city, and enough humidity to put a beachy curl into the straightest of human hair. The blonde had a seat at the edge of the patio at the resort, overlooking the sprawl of water. Across from her, the seat was empty. In front of her was a sprawl of random seafood delicacies the waiter had recommended - untouched. It was slightly awkward that some folks had recognized her at the spaceport, but under her racing alias - Blue Sato. She'd forgotten about that until she touched down, but oh well! They were here now.

Allyson didn’t take long to travel to Ahto City. She was surprised by the choice of planet, but she didn’t want to question too many things until she came face to face with the person reaching out to her. Yawning, she left the room she had booked for this visit. As much as she wanted to bum around her ship in port, she knew that she would regret not taking advantage of the resort’s amenities. A fresh run through the refresher was always a bonus – good water pressure was always hard to come by.

The ding of the elevator signaled that she was at the lobby floor and the Corellian quickly stepped out and pushed up the aviators that was common with several of the rogues during the time Allyson flew with them. Long brunette hair hung behind the sunglasses keeping flyaways from her face. A military green jacket that didn’t originally belong to her, hung off her slender shoulders as the rest of her screamed ‘hello I’m a Corellian’. Looking around, she spotted the blonde-haired woman, who even just from her profile looked like a model. Exhaling a heavy breath, she wandered over and put on her most charming smile.

“Hey there stranger.” Allyson continued to smile as she leaned against the spare seat waiting for it to be offered. There was already a bond between them, once a rogue always a rogue. “Interesting choice for a meeting place,” pausing and a soft chuckle, “Totally not complaining though.”

[member="Loske Matson"]

As soon as [member="Allyson Locke"] was in view, the blonde pilot was eager to close the physical distance between them. In such a vacant aesthetic, any moving individual stood out at the restaurant. Loske, a hugger, rose from her seat and crossed to the brunette, looping her arms around her shoulders. Another Rogue alive. There were many that weren't as fortunate as the pair.

"Ah, it's great to see you thirteen-slash-nine." She smirked at the recollection of the number change. She pulled back and ushered Allyson to take the seat as her own. A wince evidenced and she squinted a single eye with a tile of her head. "Yeah, I'm the worst for picking rendezvous areas. I figured if we're travelling, may as well make it as a vacation-like as possible? There may even be a few races happening this afternoon, we could go later if you like." She offered a loose shrug before pulling out her own seat and plunking down.

"You look great, I'm happy to see you - I've been woefully bad at maintaining relationships, which is upsetting given people in our line of work have such a finite time in this galaxy it seems."

Rambling. She was rambling.

"Were you anywhere interesting before this?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom