Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Andy's Lightsaber, The Deep Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
lightsaber_v5_by_broodofevil_d1t2e3c-pre.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a standard unique lightsaber.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Lightsaber
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Waterproof: Due to upgrade Andy had installed upon construction, the Bifurcating Cyclical-Ignition Pulse allows Andy's blade to work completely submerged.
  • Like Blue Hawaii: The Color of the blade glows a blue-green, like a wave in a clear ocean.
  • Songsteel Hilt: The hilt, made of Songsteel, is designed to withstand quite the beating before it breaks.
  • Isotope 5 Energy Cell: Used in conjunction with the diathium power cell, Isotope Five increases the intensity of the beam, acting similar to overcharged power cell.
  • Crest of the Wave: With the crystal in it's hilt, the Deep Dive allows Andy the benefits of said crystal, including enhanced dexterity and manipulation of the water around him.
STRENGTHS
  • It's a Lightsaber, Baby: Can cut through many materials with relative ease
  • Flowing like a River: The blade is designed to be wielded in one hand, and allows for fluid movement without sacrificing technique.
  • A Shaper's Friend: With the Crest of the Wave in it's hilt, the blade enhances Andy's alter environment abilities, allowing him supreme control over the water around him.
  • EMP Means Nothing to Me: With a shell of Reinforced duraplast around the hilt, the blade is resistant to your average EMP.
  • Enhanced Cutting Potential: The blade burns much hotter, allowing it to potentially cut through material normally designed to resist lightsabers and cut more smoothly through materials that would normally required more time to cut through.
WEAKNESSES
  • Cortosis, my old foe: Cortosis will short the blade if in contact
  • Short Circuit: The blade is not designed to take massive electrical currents, and it will short the blade out if exposed to it.
  • Designed For it's Owner: The grip of the blade is quite strange, and anyone picking up the blade would find it favors a one handed grip over two hands. This could lead to someone other than Andy making it feel...off.
  • Sonic Boom!: The blade is unable to deflect any form of sonic attack. Bummer, man.
DESCRIPTION
Designed by Andy after his trials as a knight, Andy designed it to aid him in his civil service, allowing him to cut through heavy objects and save lives, while saving his own when needed. While he was never a master of combat, Andy designed his saber to function just as any other saber would, allowing him a blade that would enhance his hydrokinetic abilities.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun

Hello, I will be handling this today

A Shaper's Friend: With the Ultima-Pearl in it's hilt, the blade enhances Andy's alter environment abilities, allowing him supreme control over the water around him.
Do you have a canon example of an ultima pearl boosting alter environment?

Enhanced Cutting Potential: The blade burns much hotter, allowing it to cut through material normally designed to resist lightsabers.
THis is vague, which materials? There are a few.

Do you have a canon example of an ultima pearl boosting alter environment?
Given the Ultima Peal only has two canon sources, no. If needed, I'd be willing to move this to work in process and make a custom crystal if that's what it requires. Alter Environment is already obscure force power, and trying to build a character around what amounts of water bending, I figured a crystal from Dac found at the bottom of the ocean would be fitting for that.
THis is vague, which materials? There are a few.
This relates back to the Isotope 5 Energy Cell.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun

Altering the environment in the factory with items is a rabbit hole. As you could use such to create massive storms on an entire planet and kill many. Items enhancing it and the ability to use it are given additional scrutiny for the danger of it falling into a superweapon. IF you want to make a custom ultima pearl that can do enhanced alter environment than I would recommend a sub for it to be properly balanced and factory approved. Or look for some of the custom crystals that could meet what you want. There is a guide to them and generally what is used in the factory.

Building materials aren't normally resistant to lightsabers. They might be thicker and take longer to get through but they wouldn't classify like resistant. Phrik, beskar, wintrium, crab armor, duraplast when reinforced can all resist. Having an Iso 5 power cell is great but if it is enhancing its cutting power than these should be factored in as vagueness can open for abuse or reports.

Alright, the power cell should be fixed.

I'm gonna make a sub for a custom crystal then replace the ultima pearl here. Once that's done, I'll bring this back. Until then, you could put it in pre-factory if you want, or we could just leave it here until I get the crystal approved.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom