Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private And Someday What's Lost Can Be Found

gwyndiv.png

mercury_small.png

The hunt finally yielded results.

In her work as a Karjr of the Mandalorian Enclave, Gwyneira Krayt was dedicated to snuffing out crime. It was quite freelance, meaning that she could target particular targets. One thing she was looking for was the armor of Eliz Krayt, her... lover? He did not quite remember her. Did he still have feelings for her? Did he still feel those feelings they once shared? His memory was a fog, a shadow. What did she mean to him now? Did she mean anything at all?

Regardless of the answer, she still loved him. Always had, always would. In her searchings for the armor that signified who he was as a person, she made it her mission to look after him.

In the case of his hazy memory, Gwyneira had offered him everything she could. A tracking beacon to the Tauntaun was gifted to him in case he wanted to find her. She also offered him a complete list of all her haunts in Enclave space, and the keys to them. Her home was his home. She also was always willing to answer comlinks and holographic calls whenever he rang.

Still, she also was boggled down by other troubles as well. Adjusting to her increased Force Sensitivity since her trip to the Netherworld, visiting Vulcan Krayt in the hospital, keeping an eye on her depressive buir, being the CEO of a small company, being a Karjr, training... She had so much on her plate, and she was struggling to chew every bite.

Still, the moment she got a lead as to what could have become of her cyare's armor, she made it her mission to find him. Reverse engineering his comlink's signal, she tracked him down on Kestri and flew to Tauntaun towards his location. She sensed him, and she sensed him... in the snow.

With a sigh, she steered her ship towards the slopes. Guilt tingled inside. She should be keeping a better eye on him! Being close to him! Oh, she had so much going on! She hovered the Tauntaun near Eliz, who was chilling in a field of snow. She rubbed her forehead, walking out in her shorts and undershirt, standing on the loading ramp and calling to him, "Jac'Eli'Zirum! Get out of the cold and get in here! It's Gwyneira Craft, Gwyneira Krayt, Gwyn! Come on, I need to show you something!"

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

lLcXg5L.png

Red eyes stayed up on the sky. Watching the slow fall of snow. It felt.. So familiar. So much like home. What a weird feeling of nostalgia for something he didn't remember. Or did? They were coming back. The memories. His body still knew how to move on it's own. Muscle memory, as it was said. Grant it his body wasn't anywhere near the strength he had before.

Or so they said. It still felt weird that he couldn't even carry things he felt like he could've way back in the day. .. What day was that again?

"Jac'Eli'Zirum! Get out of the cold and get in here! It's Gwyneira Craft, Gwyneira Krayt, Gwyn! Come on, I need to show you something!"

He blinked before turning his gaze to the pale woman who was speaking. Gwyn, as she kept introducing herself. Trying to help him remember. .. He did. Some things. How she liked her eggs cooked. How comfortable it was to sit beside her. Bits and pieces of their day to days from long ago. If anything, they made him feel guilty. He remembered enough to know, but she knew it all.

It was like no time had left for him, but she'd been alone all that time.

Eliz let out a sigh, rubbed at the back of his neck. He didn't hesitate to hop up on the ramp, offering a faint, nervous smile. "Right. Cold. I uh, I'm alright you know. Cold is fine. Doesn't bother me too much." That hadn't changed, at least. Kestri was cold, but it wasn't like Csilla.

He still had no memories of how cold Csilla was. Weird.

"What's up though? You sound impatient?"

gwyndiv.png

Gwyn sighed softly as he mentioned how adapted he was to the cold. Of course Eliz was at home in the frost, she knew. And yet, there was that irrational fear in her that feared him still getting struck from hyperthermia. She shook her head a bit, though she smiled at his own awkward smile. "Yeah, I know, sorry. I just get paranoid, y'know?"

When Eliz asked her why she had called him and called her impatient, she scoffed in amusement. "I guess I get impatient too."

Thinify.jpg

She chuckled softly and motioned for him to follow her. As the ramp closed behind them, she walked through the halls. The once blank, white walls were coated in graffiti she had made throughout her time owning the Tauntaun. Various pictures of art styles, machines, Mandalorian symbols, name art, little cartoon heads of popular bounty hunters. The names of her loved ones were all fancifully drawn and fashioned into artistic pieces in a line on one wall. Kranak Vizsla, Jac'Eli'Zirum, Vulcan Krayt, Alora Vizsla... Shai Krayt was also included, but was presently scratched out.

The entire ship was one Eliz had been in countless times before. Discomfort and worry thrashed in Gwyn's heart. Would he remember this place? Would he recall the fond memories they shared here? Knowing that a certain room had more memories than the rest, and this being where the holocomputer and holoprojector were, Gwyn opened the door to the recreational area. Eliz would she the familiar couch and holographic display table, and the counter marking the divider between the living room and the kitchen. The shelves on the walls had mechanical parts and odds and ends, some souvenirs and little art sculptures. Gwyn looked to the couch and blushed, opting to stand as she pressed the projector. Up came a hologram of the symbol of the pirating group she had pinpointed.

Mercury_Star_Runner_-_interior_3.jpg

"You lost your beskar'gam at..." She paused, not willing to look back at Panatha. She noticably struggled for a moment, tears forming in her eyes. She closed her eyes and firmly shook her head, continuing on. "So I've been searching for it, trying to get it back for you. I eventually came across these guys."

She pointed at the rotating symbol on the screen, "The Dar'Beskads. Their name alone is atrocious." She spat while muttering the gang's name. "They steal prized Mandalorian goods, materials, and equipment, and even weapons and our beskar armor. These aruitiise then sneak just outside Enclave space and sell it on the black market."

She reached down and tapped a button, bringing up an image of a watery planet.
"Iskalon. A former water world just outside our borders."

She scoffed, "They think camping mockingly outside our borders makes them safe."

She looked up to Eliz, forming a snarky smirk on her face, "Unlucky for them, I don't care about borders in matters like these."

She looked back to the hologram, leaning against the metal hexagon frame of the table, "I have a hunch your armor could be there, or has already been sold. Pretty sure you would want to be there to collect your own armor."

She looked up at the hologram, "And even if that's not the case, it is our duty and honor as vode to protect our sacred artifacts and technology."

She looked over to Eliz, hopeful that he would not be shallow and apathetic. Hopeful that he would not be the empty shell from before. Hoping that... that perhaps, if he joined, it would be an opportunity to connect again. The fear of rejection flickered in her eyes, but she bit it back and casually asked, "So what do you think? Wanna come?"

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Last edited:

lLcXg5L.png

He didn't pretend to understand half of what she said. There were still things he wanted to remember, would eventually. At least he understood Mando'a still. Enough that his face twisted in disgust at the groups name. There was a lot he still didn't understand. But he certainly understood one thing. When she mentioned them going to hunt down the karks who took his Beskar'gam, Eliz just nodded with grim determination.

"I want my families armor back. Let's get it."

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

gwyndiv.png

Gwyn smiled at the emotion in his voice and face. She nodded, "I thought so. Alright, let's get started!"

She turned and darted for the cockpit of her ship. The glass ceiling and wall were surrounded by snowfall. With expertise, Gwyn slipped into the passenger seat. In the back, her astromech mumbled in binary about how often Gwyn traveled.

She flew the ship to space, then flew into hyperspace. After this, she leaned back in her seat for a moment. Then, she got up and found Eliz again, "If you want, I have more weapons if you want to borrow them. I'm sure you'll want more than one pistol."

She shrugged towards the lone pistol on Eliz's hip. With nothing but one pistol, and a lack of armor, he would be vulnerable out there. That was something Gwyn could simply not allow. Not again, never again...

She motioned Eliz to follow her into the living quarters. Two of the unused bunks had been converted into weapon racks where many pistols, rifles, blades, lightsabers, grenades, and armor were stored neatly and hung with pride. Gwyn's own beskar'gam was laid out on the one of two beds still left as a bed.

Mercury_Star_Runner_-_interior_2.jpg

Gwyn motioned to the displays of proud equipment, "Feel free to borrow whatever you like! I have a cyroban pistol, a gunslinger pistol, some M.I. pistols, slugthrower pistols, small pistols, heavy pistols... Not to mention all these rifles! Distant Chill, Devastating Chill, the Paradoxal, this Anti-Material beast of a rifle. And these grenades are all different, and I have a rocket launcher, grenade launcher..."

She kept babbling on for a moment, before pausing and looking back to Eliz with a sheepish chuckle, "But I know you're a big pistol fan! So..."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

Last edited:

lLcXg5L.png

More than one pistol? He glanced to the one on his hip. He wasn't sure when exactly he'd gotten it, but the Ra'ntisr was something that felt comfortable in his hands. Familiar. Another of those muscle memories he couldn't remember how he even picked up. Mostly. From what he heard and learned, a Kranak was one of the two who taught him. The other being his father.

A face he didn't remember. Another, anyway.

"I guess having a smaller pistol wouldn't hurt, just as a backup."

gwyndiv.png

One backup weapon? Nope. Not good enough. She pulled one of the Twins off of its display frame and tossed it to him. But she also looked up to the Devastating Chill, Anti-Material Rifle, and Distant Chill. She then pointed to the long range rifles and looked to Eliz, "You sure you don't want a sniper rifle? You can hit targets from a long ways away, it'll make you-" She paused, knowing Eliz wouldn't likely like her being overprotective, "-cooler. Not that you're not already super cool! But hey, the Devastating Chill and Distant Chill fire charric rounds too. I know you like charric rounds, being half Chiss and all! I actually reverse engineered my own Charric tech from your's."

She smiled awkwardly, the short barefoot girl pointing at big blasters on the wall. She was hoping her veiled protectiveness wasn't overbearing. She just... she just could not survive losing Eliz again...

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

lLcXg5L.png

Eliz blinked. Caught the blasters on pure instinct alone before glancing them over. They were weighted well. But the more Gwyn listed off, the more clear it was getting. He still had a hard time remembering who she was to him, but she didn't.

He reached out, patting her head with a kind smile. Then blinked and pulled back his hand. Cleared his throat. Another instict, apparently.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry. And it's my armor. I can't just hang back."

gwyndiv.png

That little patpat caused her to blink a bit, but that smile... she recognized that smile. That gorgeous smile. He assured her he would be okay, and even gave her valid reason. Still, Gwyn wanted to do something to better protect him. She nodded, gulping, "Okay."

She then walked over to a closet and opened it, she pulled out a scruffy looking, black leather jacket. She looked back at Eliz, holding the jacket, "I won't stop you from doing anything, but if you want, this jacket will offer some protection from the blaster bolts... if it fits."

She started looking at the sleeves and the jacket size. Wait, would it fit?? She looked back to Eliz with another nervous chuckle.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

lLcXg5L.png

Eliz nodded once as he took up the jacket and slipped it on. A little snug, but it wasn't anything too small for him. They were close enough in size that he could probably wear any of her things without issue. Jacket on, he fitted himself with a pair of holsters shortly after for the pair of blasters he'd been given. Back ups. Hopefully it should be easy enough that he wouldn't need back ups.

If for her sake. She seemed all kinds of stressed about him being there.

"Alright. When do we leave?"

gwyndiv.png

Gwyneira chuckled as she watched Eliz put her jacket on, "You know, usually the girl wears his clothes."

Another giggle, before he asked her when they started. Gwyn nodded and turned, starting to pull her bodyglove on, "Ship is already on the way, we just need to get there."

The tight bodysuit did not bother Gwyn at all while she clipped her beskar'gam on, "Their base is an underground bunker, you can look at the model on the holodesk. I'll snipe the guards, then we can both go in there. They have some tanks, but I can get those as well. Charrics are some sick stuff!"

She finished clipping the armor on before grabbing the Distant Chill, her twin M.I. pistols, her own Ra'ntisr, and her Borealis pistol. As well as her Igradi Light Repeating Blaster. She grabbed her buy'ce, but didn't put it on as she moved out of the room, heading back for the bridge, leaving Eliz to do whatever he wanted.

"Okay, Mini, I can pilot from here."

The astromech droid looked to make sure he couldn't see Eliz before turning his dome back to Gwyn and beeping in binary.

Gwyn sighed, "I don't know. Does he even remember what we were? I'm so... nervous around him..."

The astromech beeped again.

Gwyn sat down in the cockpit, taking control of the ship, "I hope he remembers. I miss him..."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

lLcXg5L.png

"Is that.. Really a thing?" He tilted his head, seeming more confused than anything about it. Not that he mistrusted her, but was it something that actually mattered? Grant it, he didn't have long to think about anything as she slipped into a bodysuit of all things.

He was quick to look away. He wasn't sure at all how to feel or what to think, just that he felt it was something he didn't remember enough of to even dare to look. Like he was taking advantage of the fact she did remember.

Ahhh complicated feelings.

Sniping. Tanks. She did a lot of research. More importantly? Seemed she really didn't want him in danger. A part of him was pretty conflicted over that. Mandalorian pride, he figured. Didn't matter how much he forgot, he'd never forget that. He didn't linger long, reading through the bits of information she'd put together didn't take a lot of time. But on his way back he just stopped. Leaned against the wall out of sight. Listened.

Yeah. That's where the guilt came in. He remembered some. Who she was, maybe what he felt. But it was all pieces. Too fractured to be understood. It felt wrong to even think of her in any way. Like he had some cheat code. She missed Eliz.

But was that still him?

He'd step in a moment later, content with pretending he hadn't heard anything.

"So, when will we arrive?"

gwyndiv.png

dkzs3fztaa261.png

Mini turned and dramatically whirled, acting "natural." Gwyn was snapped out of her sorrows from a more familiar voice. She knew Eliz had been there, she sensed him outside the door. Did he hear? Would have been deaf not to! But why just walk in like he heard nothing? She teared up for a moment, but blinked those tears back.

She looked up and peered over the edge of her seat. "Ah, Eliz. Um, let's see..."

She turned and took a quick look at the navicomputer, "We should be there in five minutes. I already chose a safe place to land, in a field across from the place close to the bunker. I'm sure you saw, it's where a sea bed once was filled with water. It's just barren now, and they hid the bunker between some dead coral."

She was rambling about information they already knew. Ugh, she felt so off around him! She pulled out a hot pink ribbon and started tying her hair back. "Once we head in, I'd suggest you stay behind me. I have more armor than you, and heavier duty weaponry. Sniping should be easy enough, even if the tanks are camouflaged between that karking coral."

She reached and took her buy'ce, holding it ready to put on. She then asked,
"Did you have any questions?"

Mini butted in from behind.

"No, the hot pink on my beskar'gam won't make it harder to stay hidden! Stop nagging me to repaint it!"

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

lLcXg5L.png

Ah she was doing it again. Not the rambling thing, though he did kind of remember that being something she'd do a lot of. But the protectiveness. It made sense, given she did have the armor. .. Thinking back, didn't it used to be the other way around? The details were fuzzy, but he was pretty sure he was the one in Beskar with her behind him. Logically.. Yeah. The hybrid let out a sigh before reaching out to take up one of the sniper rifles.

Was it something he was used to using? Ish. He kinda remembered what it was like to handle a rifle. Enough that he knew how to check the mag and look down the sights.

"No questions. I'm ready to get it back."

gwyndiv.png

Gwyn smiled pridefully. That was her Eliz! She also had a bit of amusement dancing in her eyes watching Eliz heave the Devastating Chill to use it. It was a massive charric sniper rifle, pretty much exclusive to the prone position from far away. On the bright side, it packed an even heavier punch and had a longer range than the Distant Chill. She looked back to the window before her as the ship exited hyperspace.

Turning on the Tauntaun's cloaking device, she delicately steered and landed exactly where she had planned with no setbacks. Then, the duo exited the ship and slipped into the sandy, rocky dunes of what was once seafloor. Stepping over the skeletal remains of a long dead undersea creature, Gwyn bolted behind a large boulder a ways off from the base. She looked over to Eliz and, beneath her visor, smiled sadly. She remembered the time on Tatooine, when they sniped the outskirts of a bandit base together. That was forever ago, and so much had changed since then.

Gwyn knelt into the prone position and adjusted both her cybernetic eyes and her buy'ce's visibility settings. Using the Force, she scoped out what her eyes could not see. Every tank, despite the camouflage of the coral, was unhidden and exposed to her.

<<"Ready?">>

She fired the opening shot.

Throughout the entire fight, Gwyn did not miss a single shot. She first took out the tanks, then targeted bandits outside. During the fight, a tank shattered the boulder behind her. Gwyn leapt back swiftly using the Force, continuing to fire while on her feet.

Eventually, everything was laid to waste - of the enemy's. Gwyn slipped out of the cover of another rock she found, <<"I don't sense anything or anyone else out here. Let's go in.">>

She slung the Distant Chill behind her back and held onto the Igradi, entering first. She easily opened the door using her slicing tools and stepped in first. Igradi at the ready, she walked into the dark building ready to fire anyone in sight... but there was no one here.

This was worrisome.

Gwyn spoke to Eliz, <"Stay close. A sense lotsa lifeforms in the vaults, and hardly any guards. They probably have some trap ready, so we'll head for the computer room instead.">

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

lLcXg5L.png

"Ready."

Eliz stood close. Well, more crouched. Raised the rifle in hand. Charric, huh? His eyes narrowed as he scanned through the targets Gwyn had lit up, readying himself for the firefight to come. This should be fine, right? It wasn't like he hadn't kept up with his training after he'd come back. One of the first things he remembered to do, if he was being honest. Habits, muscle memory. There was a lot he didn't forget.

The first shot went off, and Eliz nearly fell flat from the kick alone. He hadn't used a sniper rifle, not like this. Not in a long time, longer than he even knew. Frantic, annoyed, he scrambled back up to let off another shot. Gwyn never missed. He did. There was a frustration there. Echoes of a memory of a planet of sand, of when he could fight. Every shot missed was just a reminder of who he once was.

Who he couldn't be any longer.

Before he knew it, the battle was over. Tanks, taken out by Gwyn herself. A frown settled on his lips as he stared down at the rifle in his hands. He didn't need to be here, did he? He nodded once, shifting the rifle over his shoulder. Wincing subtly. The kick bruised, huh?

At least he knew how to use his pistol. He unclipped it, holding the blaster in both hands. Letting his eyes refocus ahead. No, this was still his family's beskar. If he wanted to remember, he was going to need it, right?

"Let's go. Carefully."

gwyndiv.png

As the two made way through the empty halls, Gwyn sensed Eliz's emotions radiating outwards. Disappointment, sadness, and guilt. All aimed towards himself. Beneath her visor, Gwyn frowned. She hated feeling and seeing Eliz like this, but she could tell why he was feeling this way. His performance outside had not escaped her attention.

She made sure to sense if anyone was in the area. Nothing. She turned and pulled her buy'ce off, giving Eliz a smile as her cybernetic eyes re-dilated. "Hey, I didn't get this good in a day. It took a lot of sweat and training. You're doing great."

She placed a hand on his shoulder, "And even with all my memories in tact, it took me years to find myself. You'll get there, cyare, I promise."

She wanted to hug him, but the awkwardness of his memory lapses held her back. But, she did smirk, "So stop being an Edgy McHandsome and let's get to it!"

She turned and walked towards the end of the hallway with a bounce to her step. Before reaching the end of the hallway or even putting her buy'ce back on, a ray shield shot down, trapping her. With a gasp, Gwyneira turned to see that Eliz was still free. And yet, she could sense lifeforms weaving and moving through the halls. Wait. Wait a moment! From the speakers, she heard a voice she had never heard before.

<"You people couldn't get both at once!? Oh well. The boy is useless to us. Capture him, he may be able to spill some info before his death. I want the girl. Strip her of her armor and weapons, then drag both of these youths to the infirmary to finish them off. No witnesses!">

A door opened from beneath Gwyn's feet. Her cybernetic eyes widened. She had expected a trap! But this soon?? She turned, hair whipping around, and reached for Eliz, "Eliz! No!"

No use. She fell into a trap box below, and the door shut open above her. She was in the dark before turning on her eyes' inferred vision. This box had... no outs at all. Gwyn reached and pulled out a lightsaber hilt to cut an opening out, but the chamber suddenly flooded with a toxic substance. She had developed some tolerances to some chemicals from her father's expiraments. If she could just...

She Force jumped up, grabbing a metal bar and activating her white lightsaber. Her vision was getting hazy, and she felt sleepy. She shoved her lightsaber through where the door had opened, yanking the blade through the metal and trying to dig a hole out. Yet, the sleepiness overtook her before she could finish. She fell unconscious from the ceiling to the floor, the lightsaber deactivating and falling with her...

gwyndiv.png

lLcXg5L.png

"Wha- I am not edgy!" He spoke before he even really thought about it. And blinked. That was familiar. Really familiar. His brow knitted together in thought, trying to remember exactly where this came from before. Too caught up in that to even realize that something else was happening until it did. Ray shields. He blinked in surprise, mostly that Gwyn was the one captured. Why..?

Her armor.

Her helmet was off.

Eliz watched as she disappeared under a trap door. His eyes widened. Fear. That's what he saw in her face as she dipped away and was sealed. Anger. Anger flooded his mind. Doors opened as the others started to flood into the room. Or, well. Tried to. Eliz already had his blaster out and fired as the first one stepped through. Bolt right between the eyes. He wasn't as fast or strong, but he still could shoot.

He pulled out one of the back up blasters, firing up at the ray shield projector while the other blipped away. Keeping the thugs away as he sprinted to where Gwyn was sealed. The blaster was discarded as he instead pulled out his father's service dagger. Not that he knew that's what it was, but the plasma edged knife burned into existence as he cut through the top door. A blaster bolt skated by his head, causing him to flinch before he fired again, taking out the next foolish soul trying to rush in.

"Gwyn! Get up!" She wasn't responding. He cursed under his breath before hopping in himself, taking a deep breath prior. Fine. Fine. This was fine. He'd drag her out, uncaring that blaster fire was now erupting all around them. Straining to do so. Beskar'gams were heavy. He crouched over her, letting out another shot just as he was hit in the back. Ah, damn. At least the jacket took most of it.

Still would bruise. Another body dropped as he turned and fired again.

"C'mon cyare. Since when did you sleep on the job, huh?" He gritted his teeth, flipping around to let out another volley of shots before ejecting the mag to reload. "Wake up already."

gwyndiv.png

"Gwyn, get up."

Gwyn woke up, hazily. In her apartment at Tor Valum. The girl stretched, yawning loudly as she smelled coffee and eggs. The wonderful aroma drifted from the kitchen. She dragged herself out of the bed, zombie walking towards the kitchen. It was so hard to wake up today. Why... was something wrong?

When she walked out, she saw Eliz pulling tomato salsa from the fridge. She smiled as she saw him. He turned, drizzling the sauce onto the egg. Suddenly, a massive squirt caused a lot more salsa than needed to explode onto the egg. Eliz stood there, she'll shocked at the mistake.

Gwyn laughed.

Eliz started to laugh as well, but a certain pang echoed around Gwyn's mind. Was... was something wrong? She blinked, brought back to reality when Eliz teased the tired girl. "C'mon cyare. Since when did you sleep on the job, huh?"

Gwyn chuckled, extending a hand and dabbing some salsa off of Eliz's nose.

"I'm up, cyare. I just need a lot of coffee today." She yawned again. Once again, that echo was there. What was it? Gwyn opened her mouth, ready to bring up her unease, when Eliz just... shouted.

"Wake up already!"

Gwyn doubled back, blinking wildly. Tears flooded her eyes from the sheer shock of the scream, "Wha... E-Eliz?"

Eliz's face was full of scorn as he lifted a finger and shook it in her face, "Wake up, stupid girl. You're not the woman I fell in love with. Every memory I see shows me that I had terrible taste in picking such an insecure and bratty wretch."

Tears falling, Gwyn reached out, "You-ou do-on't mean that?"

Eliz bitterly frowned, "Those scientists were right. You don't belo-"

--Suddenly, it all just stopped.

The atmosphere switched to a black nothingness. She blinked wildly, turning and looking around for something, anything, remotely alive. She heard blaster fire, wild blaster fire, and heard a familiar voice pleading for her to wake up.

"Eliz?"

Gwyn woke up, tears slipping down her cheeks. Above her, she saw Eliz protecting her and trying to jog her awake as blaster fire rang out around her. Eyes shooting open, she immediately pulled out her twin M.I. pistols and began firing at the remaining enemies. But kark there were a lot! Gwyn winced, then an idea crossed her mind.

"Cover me!"

She left the Magi pistols on the floor for Eliz if he needed and closed her eyes, concentrating on the extending the Force within the box and its surrounding. What she found was perfect. This was a container attached to a track which led to other places in the facility. She reached down and touched the floor of the box, focusing on the inner workings of the mechanical devices controlling the device. This was the first time she would be attempting this in this sort of situation. She usually just controlled machinery when working on an engineering or mechanical project. Tuning everything else out, she telekinetically switched the buttons and controlled the wires...

With a large click, the container sped away from the doorway. Under the floor, the two were speeding through the track towards the next destination, another hallway several corridors down. Gwyn opened her eyes, sighing in relief. Upon seeing that Eliz was fine, she smiled.

"That was fun."

She reached up and wiped her teary eyes. Why had she been crying? Was it a bad dream? She just remembered blacking out before coming to again. Never mind that. It was likely just another nightmare about her father. She adjusted her weapons and made sure everything was in place. She scooped up her buy'ce, holding it in her hands. "Once we stop, the armory will be just down the hallway. No more hiding. I'll just bring out the Igradi and finish them off, it's too risky waiting for another trap."

Once they stopped at the hallway, another lit up area like the rest, Gwyn used the Force to lift Eliz out of the cut up trap door. She threw her buy'ce up after him, getting ready and jumping up herself. Just as she landed though, she heard a thunk and a feeling on her cybernetic leg. She looked down, watching a chord pulling and - she was yanked back. The chord was pulling her towards the the box again. She fell on the floor and tried grabbing for anything, but it was futile. The best bright lights were too familiar. The chord pulling her down reminded her of the binds holding her to a cold metal table. She gasped, grabbing at nothing. She panicked.

She winced her eyes shut and... detached her leg.

A loud hiss, and the leg was yanked away from her body, into the box. Horrendous pain flooded through her body, and she screamed in agony.

Memories. Her leg being sawed off in the medical lab.

With the memories coursing through her brain and the pain coursing through her body, she had no idea what was going on around her. The stinging, the pulsing aching, the salt like exposure. She cried out, tears pounding against the floor as she saw in red.

She had evaded capture again, but it cost all of this.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt

lLcXg5L.png

"That's what I've been doing!" He laughed. Well, forced a laugh. Things were really dire. He lifted the blaster she left behind after dropping off the blade, firing again. And again. Everything that moved he shot. Adrenaline pumped through his veins. He was slower. People were shooting back before he even noticed them. Everything about him was just weaker. And yet, he was grinning.

This was a challenge. And he always did love a challenge.

Bruised, battered, and burned in a couple places where a shot or two had grazed him, he breathed. No more came into the room. So, he breathed. Gulped down air as he let the thrill of it all dissipate in his fingers.

"That was fun."

"Yeah, it was."

The weightless sensation of being lifted was something he could do without, but he didn't complain. Out of the trap, he focused instead on making sure there were no hidden opponents waiting to pick them off. They were probably running now. Who'd stay after that blood bath? Certainly not scavengers like this. Everything was fine until they weren't, though.

He looked back, and Gwyn was down a leg. Panic at first, but it calmed as he remembered before. The apartment, when she only had one. A cybernetic, right? No blood, so it had to be. What happened? He slid back to her side, pulling her from where the trap door was.

"Hey. Hey! You're okay. Calm down, breath. You're okay."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom