Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And I Would Walk 500 Miles

And I Would Walk 500 Miles
En route to Ession
[member="Tarok"] and [member="Bartic Myth'rand"]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUv0NbjbGzQ​
Fire. It was everywhere.

Marcus had long since abandoned the pyromaniacal fantasies of his younger self, but the stuff of heat and smoke still fascinated him to this day. Which was probably why he wasn't already panicking and screaming about it even though much of it had already began to make its way into the cockpit. Blaring klaxons wailed, emergency lighting flickered, and the metallic cries of durasteel against durasteel made for a background noise that the mercenary would have cared less for.

"Feth." He snarled, snapping out of his daze. It took nearly two leaps before the extinguished battened to the wall was in his hands. Sweeping to and fro, many of the embers were killed by the white powder even though many more arcs of flame threatened to crash over the smoldering remains of circuitry.

"Fires being contained in storage bays Aleph through Cresh, medical bay has been sealed off. Ventral hangar bay still has boarding parties within it." Miranda reported. "Mandalorians sure like to be stubborn, don't they?"

That was the last thing he wanted to hear. Anything about Mandalorians. He'd tried to explain to him that even he had ties to them, especially given his surname, but the raiders didn't particularly care for his ties to their fallen government. The damnable pirates were more so interested in what they carried: refugees from an older civilization long since toppled, military resources, and as much tech and supplies they could possibly carry. Filling their boots was probably the first desire before they helped themselves to the refugees that took cover in the forward barracks and dormitories.

The Better Off had no doubt seen better days, but today had marked a rather unfortunate circumstance that had the vessel experiencing its worst day since its birth along the Hellhound Strategic assembly lines.

"Get the droids down there, now." Marcus snarled, discarding the fire extinguisher for a more appropriate submachine gun. "Where's the rest of my men?"

Miranda was obviously preoccupied, her reply taking longer than he wanted. "No life signatures responding."

"Are you fething serious? I had twenty of them respond to the boarding party."

"Very serious. All we have now are security droids and whatever weapons the refugees didn't nab for their own protection."

The mercenary sighed hatefully. Fire and smoke still framed the corridors, but the ship's automated fire suppression systems had seemingly put an end to the tsunami of flame threatening to envelope much of the vessel.

"I'm going to kill every single one of them." Marcus growled. "How's the rest of the fleet faring?"

"No recent reports."

"Great."

Near Concord Dawn, En route to Ession.
[member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Tarok"]​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VDqu7Oa9rs​
"SOMEONE TURN THAT DAMN ALARM OFF!" Bartic had to shout to be heard over the noise.

He pulled up the status screen almost dreading to see the results; 527 of his 1080 raiders were left, traded for the 102 men and women of the mandalorian boarding party. The port engine room currently being gutted by an inferno that threatened to spread to the other decks and kill them all if it made it's way to the reactor. As well 21 of his 36 LAAT/i gunships were free floating debris after being used as impromptu starfighters, perhaps not the best plan in retrospect but they needed the extra firepower.

The rest of the fleet had began to report in as the jamming from the crippled mandalorian mother ship stopped as began to break up, the reactor going up in a spectacular fireball.

"SIR THE 'BETTER OFF' IS TRYING TO REACH US!" A communication officer shouted over the still blaring alarm "THE SHIP'S COMPUTER IS REQUESTING A DAMAGE REPORT"

"TELL IT HALF OUR RAIDERS ARE DEAD, THE BOARDERS ARE ALL DEAD, 15 LAAT/I'S STILL OPERATIONAL, AND OUR PORT ENGINE FIRE IS NOT CONTAINED BUT COMING UNDER CONTROL," Bartic spat back, "AND FOR FETH'S SAKE SOMEONE TURN OF THAT FORCE FORSAKEN NOISE BEFORE I PUT MY FIST THROUGH A DAMN SCREEN!"

He turned to a different officer, "GET US A TAC NET ONLINE, THE CIVILIAN SHIPS COULDN'T HAVE FARED ANY BETTER THAN US!"

Finally, mercifully, the alarm was turned off by one of the many engineers flooding the bridge.

Tarok's ship the BS Calamity had been lagging behind the rest of the fleet when the raiders struck. The battle previously had left him and his ship damaged. while his ship was still moving tarok was still confined to the med bay giving orders from his life support pod.

"My lord we have reports of hostile's attacking the fleet what are your orders?" The captain didn't look at Tarok but awaited orders. "What are our battle capabilities, captain? " the question was but a whisper "My lord most of our guns were fried when we pass the lighting storm and we lost most of our soldiers on Atresia. My lord my recommendation is to fle-." the last of the words were cut off by explosions. The ship rumbled as the sound of fighters could be heard and with them the ship's alarm. "It seems captain we have no choice to stay and fight and I won't abandon our fleet. Prepare the defence's we are going to be boarded and send the fleet a distress signal." The captain closed the holo nothing more could be done or said now his and all the rest on board fates was left to the force.

All that was left was the fleet Tarok couldn't lose that too.

[member="Bartic Myth'rand"] [member="Marcus Itera"]

The fleet of the broken had limped nearly halfway across the galaxy. It passed innumerable stars and suns, stopped at various star and shadowports, and quite frankly hadn't seen any real trouble until passing through the former Mandalorian space. The journey had taken weeks, nearly months, but the old governing forces of the Mandalorian Clans had finally lost their reigns and the most vicious of their people saw it apt to return to their former habits of raiding, crusading, and taking back what land and resources were rightfully theirs. The broken fleet just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time - and they'd paid for it in blood, sweat, and tears.

The klaxons of the Better Off never ceased their wailing, but Miranda was gracious enough to dampen the sound for him through his helmet. As Marcus sprinted past dying embers and the bodies of the fallen, his synthetic companion had taken it upon herself to activating what was left of the ship's CCTV systems and had marked many of the Mandalorians through augmented reality algorithms. Each of them was outlined in crimson, their heads bearing scarlet diamonds. Marcus would put a bullet right through every one of them.

"Thank you," he grunted through labored breaths.

As they neared, Marcus did the same. The moment some of the targets came into view, the mercenary was already on top of them. Half a magazine was let loose in the matter of seconds, splaying a pair of attackers with unrelenting fury. Marcus dropped his shoulder into another one of them before his crushgaunt finally came to rest against his throat. An enunciated gurgle resounded through the raider's helmet as Marcus clenched tighter and literally squeezed the last breath out of his crushed esophagus.

Once more of them came sprinting around the corner to respond to his gunfire, Marcus had already dropped the dead body of his most recent victim and turned on them once more.

Once more into the fray.

[member="Tarok"], [member="Bartic Myth'rand"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyMPDEsWanc​
Crunch.

The raider's corpse fell to the ash-caked floor of the Better Off. His body had been turned into a pulpy mass of bones and flesh held within the fragile remains of his beskar body armor. The stuff hadn't done much good against Owazza physical prowess. The Wookie bellowed a monstrous laugh, one that made the two remaining raiders hesitate for just a moment; a moment that would prove to be their undoing. The warlord whirled upon the two men, the vibrosword in his hand crackling with electricity.

The warriors fired their rifles, but Owazza was already upon them. The bolt of the second warrior was deflected by the wookie's armor plated shoulder. The first found his shot going was as Owazza brought his vibrosword upward, sawing the rifle clean in half. With a bark, the warlords shoved his massive shoulder into the warrior and crushed him against the bulkhead, shattering his ribcage and severing his spinal cord. The second warrior received three broad strokes of the vibrosword at his neck. The links in beskar armor were not as strong as the hard plating, and three crushing swipes from a full grown wookie separated the material with ease. The man fell in a heap at Owazza's feet, blood spurting from the canyon in his neck.

"<These raiders are dead,>" The wookie barked into his comm, his voice hoarser than usual due to the smoke. "<Any warrior that yet lives should respond, so that I may render assistance. Those elements of the fleet that are capable should send support to the Better Off. This is where the fighting is the thickest.>"

Something clunked down the hall. Owazza turned toward the sound, exchanging his vibrosword for the bowcaster hanging across his chest in the process. A massive four legged wardroid fumbled its way through the corridor, its weapons raised. The wookie cursed.

"<This is Owazza. I have trouble on the engineering deck, and I need assistance!>"

The warrior threw himself behind one of the overturned packaging crates just as the droid opened fire.

[member="Marcus Itera"], [member="Tarok"], [member="Bartic Myth'rand"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0WeqCFQklc​
[member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Tarok"] [member="Owazza"]

The officer that had started the tac-net turned to Bartic "Sir, the BS Calamity has turned to battle the mandalorian fleet."

"They what? They got hit hard back there, very well." He turned to the rest of the bridge crew "BRING US AROUND, CHARGE THE SHIELD, AND LOAD THE WEAPONS. WE ARE MOVING IN AND ASSISTING THE CALAMITY! BRACE FOR COMBAT!"

"Comms open us a line to the Calamity."

A few quick moments later and the line was ready and encrypted. "Captain Tarok the Celestial Knight is coming about to assist you."

Viceroyclass.png

A single Star Destroyer reverted into realspace just outside of the immediate battle zone. For a few moments, its matte black hull glowed with red energy before it was discharged in large cascades.

Obviously not with the Mandalorian raiders, some of their forces were diverted to take on this new entrant into the battle. With all matter of physical and directed energy weapons, they fired upon the mystery vessel, but bolts and projectiles would be intercepted by long shafts of golden energy being projected by the black ship.

The destroyer promptly returned fire upon the belligerents while dozens of assault drones streamed out of its hangers to create a defensive screen around their mothership. Its batteries of repulsor mass drivers spit out scores of vibro-flechettes that shred through shields and armor. In the initial exchange, an enemy corvette and frigate were destroyed almost immediately, exploding in brilliant white balls of light as their reactors overloaded from damage, while several other ships sustained crippling damage from the advanced projectiles slamming into their hulls at a fraction of lightspeed.

"Looks like I made it just in time," Suravi announced over encrypted channels she had previously shared with the dominion. "The Republic, at your service."

She would never pass up a chance to wail on Mandalorians, keeping up a fierce rivalry spanning centuries for the half-Thyrsian. She had only come with a single warship, but Shadow of Elysium was more than enough to take out this riff-raff as one of the galaxy's most advanced destroyers in existence.

Streams of data would begin to pass between Elysium and the friendly vessels, providing her with the necessary information to begin properly identifying the pirate vessels for targeting. From a distance, the Destroyer would begin picking off enemy ships like a sniper with a combination of mass drivers and energy torpedoes. In short time, she had given her allies some breathing space to recover.

[member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Bartic Myth'rand"] [member="Owazza"] [member="Tarok"]

Tarok took a deep breath or the deepest his new lungs would allow. The stress on his mind and body was catching up and he wasn't sure if he was going to survive the journey. The constant jumping from one system to the new hadn't given his doctors much time or resources to work with. It hadn't even been two minutes since the holo with the captain and he was calling again. " My lord we are receiving a hail from the celestial knight I'm patching you through now with your permission" Tarok simply nodded his head giving his silent permission.

"Captain Tarok The Celestial Knight is coming about to assist you." Tarok hadn't the time to meet that particular captain but any help was appreciated. "Thank you captain our ship has suffered too much damage to-" Something new had lit up on the sensors interrupting Tarok as he spoke. A star destroyer jumped in Tarok wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for the destroyer immediately opening fire on the raiders. Then on the shared encrypted channel, a voice spoke: "Looks like I made it just in time, The Republic, at your service."

The captain of Taroks ship looked at him for the first time in a few weeks "My lord it looks like we are saved!" Tarok could feel relief washed over the man and he felt a hint of jealousy inside wondering how it felt. "Captain send the doctors down to med bay with my suit, Also captain send a message to The Apex they are needed back to the fleet cancel their scout mission." The channel closed for the second time the battle was pretty much over now it was time to meet with the others.

[member="Suravi Teigra"] [member="Bartic Myth'rand"] [member="Owazza"] [member="Marcus Itera"]

Blood and ashes.

Voices cried out in agony as rounds leapt from the submachine gun clasped tightly within Marcus's hands. Men dropped to the ground, clutching wounds or spinning on a dime to react to the frenzied mercenary charging them as if he were a Wookie doped up on stims and spice. Unfortunately, they would've met a much more merciful fate had that been the reality they were now facing. Instead a man grieving for the fallen men that he had called brothers now sprinted towards them. Synthetic muscle propelled his armored frame forward until he was on them once again, rending and tearing at them wildly with a fresh vibroknife produced from a boot sheath.

Blood and ashes.

"Stop." Came the voice. "That's enough."

Marcus halted, panting, voice ragged and labored, "Sorry. Stop me sooner next time."

He'd been stabbing a man who had clearly already been dead but that didn't stop him in the slightest. Beneath him lay armored bodies, their faces obscured by that damned t-visor he had coveted so much earlier in life. He'd been behind that visor, he'd fought next to those who wore it, and now they attacked him. These people were supposed to be his brethren - and now they were nothing more than animalistic savages.

"Incoming report: Captain Myth'rand is currently dealing with the raiders, heavy casualties. Similar reports for the rest of the fleet. New anomaly has been reported a few lightyears away from the fleet." Her cyan avatar paused as data streamed across the visor's augmented reality overlay. "Friendly warship exited hyperspace and has began to fire upon the raiders."

Marcus nodded, sliding the knife back into its sheath with trembling hands before slapping a fresh magazine into the SMG. "Are there any more-"

Metallic clanking and blasterfire silenced him. A giant patch of brown fur dashed across his field of vision, disappearing behind a crate before it was riddled with crimson bolts. "Never mind," he grumbled, moving towards the sound and raising his weapon to bear on their (hopefully) final foe.

[member="Owazza"], [member="Bartic Myth'rand"], [member="Suravi Teigra"], [member="Tarok"]

[member='Owazza'], [member='Marcus Itera']

Red Cloud was in the cargo bay where he had been watching over the goods and the group of refugees. He signed on to be extra muscle aboard the “Better Off”, as this was a more high profile haul. Chances were that this would be a simple and boring gig. But he had a funny feeling this would be an entertaining job. He wasn't disappointed. As Red Cloud slowly paced about the cargo area, his large HAS-50 held aloft on his shoulder.

The room was completely covered in Mandalorian blood. The few fools who tried to get their hands on the cargo were smeared across the walls. After hearing Owazza’s broadcast, Red Cloud brought his massive hand up to his ear, “This is Red Cloud reporting in, the cargo is safe. Making my way to Owazza”. And with that he was off, sprinting towards possibly the last of the action. In just a few moments he would emerge from the hall way. Coming from behind the droid which was firing upon his comrades as he unsheathed the twin blades that were held across his back. He didn’t stop when he saw the monstrosity of a droid, as long as its attention stayed on those two, he could attempt to jump on its back and hack it up with his Electric Vibro-Blades.

The bolt hit Owazza like an out of control speeder. It expired with a loud burp against the warlord's shoulder plate, making the Wookie spin in his toes. Owazza let forth a bloodcurdling roar as the droid readied to fire another volley in his direction. Discarding his bow caster, Owazza charged the war droid. He'd been too close to pop off a proper shot, but the arrival of sallies presented the warlord with an opportunity. He watched as the twin barrels mounted to the droid's arm cannons lit up.

With a dexterity that belied his massive size, the Wookie tucked his body inward and slammed into the droid. Metal tore through fur and flesh, sending sparks of pain up the warlord's arms that only served to deepen his battle fervor. Both cannons were forced to aim toward the ceiling of the vessel, the bolts they fired going far andwide. Servos whirred and crunched as they tried to match the wookie's strength, but Owazza would not relent. He shouted his battle cry in the droid's faceplate, spittle splattering across the automaton's photoreceptors. Neither combatant gave an inch, the droid finding itself stuck in its rather awkward position.

The boots of the Mandalorian engineer that was supposed to be running the thing could be heard coming from the eastern corridor. Owazza ignored the oncoming enemy, his focus centered upon his metal rival. If all went well, his allies would take care of these issue, if not...

"<Slaughter them all!>" The warlord bellow to both [member="Red Cloud"] and [member="Marcus Itera"]. "<If I am forced to snap this metal beast in two for victory I will shove its appendages through up your shebs!>"

Since the fall of the Mandalorians in the north, the KSU had been stepping up its patrols in the area to keep the space lanes safe in the resulting power vacuum. Several major routes ran through Kiribi, including the all-important Hydian Way, so it was in their best interest to make sure that trade continued to flow.

As distress calls were issued by the locals, a Kiribian patrol would pick it up. They gave Izrul a ring on biocomm for clearance to move in to assist. Once granted, the patrol made contact with Ession to announce their arrival into system to help them fend off the attackers.

It just so happened that Arisa was in the neighborhood, following up on some lead on Sith activity in the northern Outer Rim. She was working hard to uncover the next Sith plot to thwart the inevitable attack on within Silver Space.

Normally, raids wouldn't immediately drawn her attention, as they were common in these parts and she knew Kiribi had a strong presence in the northern quadrants, but the scale of combat was something she hadn't seen since the new Mandalorian Crusades. She took a break from her investigation to go check out Ession. She only had her single starfighter as transportation, but that wasn't an issue as a Kiribian patrol was already on the way. She would link up with them and take over the formation as an ISAF commander.

She also called up her new friends from Bastion, seeing if they could send some help Ession's way. Over the several handovers between different powers over the centuries, the fortress world had maintained its military might. Along with Kiribi, they were about to show the foolish Mandalorian raiders who now owned the North.

((My formation won't arrive in this thread, this is just a set up for the next.))

[member="Owazza"] [member="Red Cloud"] [member="Marcus Itera"] [member="Tarok"] [member="Bartic Myth'rand"]

Bartic turned in his chair "Tactical, give me an update!"

"Sir, the BS Calamity's condition is degrading rapidly, estimated 40 standard minutes to core collapse and detonation, the rest of the fleet is holding at walking wounded levels of damage."

"And our status?"

"Sir, the engine fire has come under control and has been extinguished, atmosphere has been vented. Engineers can not restore power without the proper facilities we'll be limping the rest of the way."

"Open me a line to the Calamity, and Helmsman start the docking procedure."

"Sir, line is open and encrypted."

"Captain [member="Tarok"] this is Director Mith'rand again, our sensors show you've taken a massive amount of damage and wont last much more that half a standard hour. The helmsman is getting ready to dock with you in order to evacuate."

The Celestial Knight begin to accelerate, somewhat sluggishly, to fall in line with the ancient battleship, with one of the three main engines out the already delicate docking procedure was much harder. Bartic stood up tapped his first officer on the shoulder and pointed to the captain's chair before leaving the bridge and heading for the main cargo airlock. He keyed his comm, letting his e-war officer know that he was ready to install the data spike. There was no other option, by far the fastest way to mass download the ship's entire archives and save whatever might be on board. The ship shuttered as the docking completed and Bartic stepped through the airlock to find a private data port somewhere.

[member="Arisa Yune"]
[member="Owazza"]
[member="Red Cloud"]
[member="Marcus Itera"]
[member="Suravi Teigra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom