Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction An Unpleasant Investigation (Sith-related Inquiries into Senator Maldor Mecetti)

deY8BKG.png

Coruscant
Obulette Senator's Office
Midday

"The investigators are here to see you, Sir," his droid secretary announced via the intercom.

Words which Maldor had been dreading ever since that unfortunate encounter at the Jed'aii temple. He'd been uncareful, and this was the price of it. Now he had multiple investigators interested in him, and few plausible explanations for what he'd been up to.

The noose was tightening.

Could he slip it? Could he still get free of this scandal before it swallowed him whole?

Maldor touched the intercom on his desk, "Show them in."

He debated about whether he should stand or sit. Offer them a drink. Offer them a bribe.

None of the options seemed promising. He remained where he was, looking up at them with his clear blue eyes from his desk, positioned in front of the expansive view of Coruscant. It was a view few on the planet-city could claim as their own. How much longer would Maldor be able to enjoy it, he wondered?

"Thank you, gentlebeings. I hope you don't mind that I scheduled you for the same time slot. It seemed the best way to dispense with this matter quickly as you are likely to have similar questions.

By now, you will have received reports from one of the Jedi that I was seen with a Wayfinder on a frozen world within Galactic Alliance borders. No doubt this has caused you some alarm. I hope I can set your mind at ease and we can put this all behind us."

Additional Reference: https://www.starwarsrp.net/posts/2313473/
Ryana mina Ryana mina Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor
(Please let me know if I should be tagging other personas.)

Zev Tantor

Z
RCHR_S1_Jack-Reacher_Poster.jpg

LOCATION - Senate Building
SITUATION - Meeting with Senator Mecetti
DESIRED OUTCOME - Get a better idea of what the man is accused of.
TAG - Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti / Ryana mina Ryana mina
2 T-73 "Judgment" Handgun (one holstered behind the back, one holstered to right leg. suppressors available for both)

Bren… I told you that I.am.fine. Now will you please? I had parents already.

What did Bren know? He did not go through a tenth of what Zev had experienced and that was not including Omega Squad. Cutting the comm-link before the Marine could get in a word of retort, Zev looked over the jacket of his orders. He was meeting a Junior Senator regarding some alleged Sith artifacts that were found and claimed by him. Why? What use did he have for them and were the rumors of him selling them true?

These were all rumors and nothing concrete was there. So Tantor would not come out and say anything, he did not have an opinion either way, didn't care. Truth is, he hated bureaucrats and felt that a galaxy without them was a good one. He could not do that now though, subtlety was his new weapon of choice, be it by hook or crook. Otherwise Zev would just put the suppressor on one of his weapons and make quick work once he stepped off of the lift, he was a professional after all.

Speaking of stepping off the lift, he saw another already standing there next to the receptionist who announced them. They were waiting for him obviously with how they were shuttled into the office.

Thank you for seeing us, Senator.

Might as well be nice to start.

"Go to Hell?" Funny, they kicked me out.

Jace colis

J

i4xNFo5.png

Tag: Zev Tantor Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti

image0.png

1 "vora" class verpine hand cannon with 1 30 round "force breaker round" clip in the gun and 2 spare clips hidden in clothing but easily drawn both gun and clips void stone ring.

silco-leauge.jpg

image0.png

Jace stood there at the receptionists desk "trust me it's just a couple of questions this might all blow over due to the misunderstandings of the rumors bare fruit you will not be in harms way" he said to the receptionist. As the senator stood there awaiting the other appointment he thought about the allegations claiming and selling sith artifacts would get most within galactic alliance space in deep trouble but especially a junior senator.

This maldor mecetti was looking at sever political destruction not only for himself but his house as well if the allegations proved true. Jace wouldn't have offered to help the investigation if but a Jedi council member backed up the claims as much as he didn't care for force users he respected the Jedi council. AtLeast enough to know they knew what they where talking about in matters of the sith and general force practices. With which he was not the most knowledgeable and he would admit it as he heard the lift open senator colis looked to zev and offered a head nod as hello as they where ushered into the senators office.

jace followed zev in Incase it was a trap and mercetti attacked immediately jace would have time to take cover and draw his gun but he doubted that would be the case as he remained standing "hello senator mercetti" Jace stated. He listened to what maldor had to say after Jace heard what he had to say he thought for a quick second surely. Maldor had to know these where serious allegations levied against him and by a member of the Jedi council with the sith empire active and the maw still fresh in people's minds. Even on coruscant was effected by the maw directly so "some alarm" as he put it was an understatement. He held the scar of the corusanti assault on his face and the matter that he thought answering a few questions here would be the end of it was presumptuous to a degree. And he was beginning to understand what the reports from the Jedi councilor meant Jace wouldn't show his hand "then tell us what you where doing there senator mercetti" Jace asked calmly calling him by his title while he still has it Incase things didn't go maldors way.
image0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
3KkTRef.png

"Archaeology," Maldor began simply.

"I have been a student of history my entire life," he went on.

That much was true. At first, his studies had been the general sort forced upon all noble children. Then, in later years, he had gained access to the family vaults. Those vaults held a history much more rich in potential than any he had learned before.

"You are likely aware that the Tapani nobles have a tradition of dueling with lightfoils. This is common knowledge.

What is less known is the reason for this: Long ago, the Tapani Sector was occupied by the Sith. When the Sith withdrew, some of their weapons remained.

While the sentiments of the Sith did not resonate with the Tapani nobles, their elegant lightfoils- a variety of lightsaber- captured the Tapani nobles' imaginations. They longed to wield these weapons just as their former overlords had.

They soon learned to duplicate the weapons, even without access to the Force. And this has turned into a modern tradition spanning many, many generations."

Maldor leaned back in his chair.

"Like it or not, the histories of the Tapani Sector nobles are entwined with the Sith.

Rather than ignore that fact or deny the plain truth of it, I have elected to accept it. Not because I enjoy that heritage, mind you. But because I seek to understand it, and thereby understand our enemies.

I have hence studied my family's furthest histories up to their encounters with the Sith, and then extended that research to the origins of the Sith themselves.

I have learned that those origins have a commonality with the Jedi.
"

He stood, and walked to a side of the room where some objects were covered by a silken blanket. He pulled the blanket away, to reveal the transparisteel cases that contained artifacts which he'd collected since leaving the Tapani Sector and taking his Senatorship on Coruscant.

"I have found that historical relics can be purchased in various shops and markets throughout Galactic Alliance space. The owners and purveyors of these objects know they are ancient, but often lack the knowledge of what they truly represent.

These relics often have information and clues which have sat un-analyzed and un-deciphered for millenia.

The Wayfinder I was seen with on that Ice-Planet sits in that case there."

He gestured to the end of the row.

"A Wayfinder is a Sith navigation system. It can point to objects or areas which the Sith found to be of importance. The Wayfinder I was seen with was a tool I used to further my research. It led me- not to a Sith structure- but to something much older: The common root that ties the Sith and the Jedi together.

A Jed'aii Temple, far from the places such temples are commonly found.

This was a historical find of immense importance, and is the key to understanding the true nature of the Force."

He turned, then, looking at the two investigators.

He had chosen not to dissemble. Or more precisely, to dissemble as little as possible.

He was forced to admit the truths that could be easily verified. Anything else would only multiply the scandal, if Maldor was suspected to be hiding something.

"You will see that my secretary has labeled each of these artifacts and created a database of them. These containers are scheduled to be delivered to the Jedi for their further review, now that the essential archaeological data has been gleaned from them.

You will know that the law demands any Sith artifacts discovered be reported to the Jedi, and I am complying with that. But I had to make sure the historical data associated with them was not lost. The Jedi have a habit of proverbial book-burning. I can only imagine how much of the history of this galaxy has succumbed to their zeal.

Still, I hope that when the Jedi receive these, they will consent to a joint archaeological expedition to explore the world of Zintus.

Zintus is the old Jed'aii name for that icy planet. There is much to be learned there."

Maldor shrugged, "Archaeology, History... these are hobbies of mine, to take my mind off of galactic affairs between sessions of the Senate.

But I think I am rightfully proud to have used these amateur skills to uncover an ancient temple older than the Jedi themselves.

Surely, this is not a crime."

Innocence. Ignorant Innocence motivated by scientific curiosity.

It was the only defense he could present.

And if they took it at face value, he might yet squirm out of this noose.

Jace colis
Zev Tantor

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Proverbial book burning, huh?"

Kahlil crouched beside the artifacts in question, his silver eyes focused. Scanning them over, one by one. He recognized all of them. They'd shown up in a tome or two he'd read once, long ago now. He'd come along. From what he'd seen of the Senator Mecetti, he liked. An outspoken Senator looking to help the people, not make a profit or sew imperial unrest was seemingly rare for the Senator leison.

But to hear he'd tried to rope a Padawan into exploring a Sith artifact, for whatever purpose, wasn't something he had expected. Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el had done the right thing to report it.

"For someone so studious on the Sith, you certainly know that everything they have is, in fact, trapped. Whether it was the tomb that held it, the Sith themselves, or even the artifact, they do not freely let information and secrets be held by others. The reason Jedi are the ones who take these artifacts are because of these traps. Some are more obvious than others. A rune that explodes in a flash of lightning to incinerate the impatient."

He raised a hand, idly tracing an example of such a rune in the air. Light lingered to show it before dissipating.

"Others slowly drive the reader mad. Special characters that are only meant to influence the mind subtly, driving them to the edge of an abyss they do not see. Any archeologist is allowed to come along with Jedi, and even investigate these artifacts back at the Temple. But only after the Jedi have ensured there are no such traps waiting to ruin or kill it's holder. All I'm seeing is you deciding that you are, in fact, above this law and hoarding Sith artifacts rather than report them so a Jedi can ensure it's safety."

Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti | Jace colis | Zev Tantor

Zev Tantor

Z
RCHR_S1_Jack-Reacher_Poster.jpg

LOCATION - Senate Building

SITUATION - Meeting with Senator Mecetti

DESIRED OUTCOME - Get a better idea of what the man is accused of.

TAG - Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti / Jace colis / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

T-73 "Judgment" Handgun (one holstered behind the back, one holstered to right leg. suppressors available for both)

A Jedi? What the frell am I here for?

While Zev didn't appreciate the fact that he was basically being relegated at this point to little more than "note-taker", Zev didn't hold it against either the Senator or the Jedi. They were the best choices for this sort of thing. That did give him a few free moments to read over the reports of the event in question. He was not necessarily a student of history, or the Force, but the man was keen to pick up on nuggets of information that others might gloss over. Even Jedi. There was something that he immediately picked up on, but would bring up in a moment.

Waiting for an opening to speak, eyes still down on his datapad Zev raised an index finger and asked:

If I may… I have a few questions. If these are only "hobbies'', then why did you argue ideologies against a Jedi Knight? Would you not look to their experience in these fields? I am not discounting your passion for antiquities and history, but you said yourself that you would not report your conservatorship of these items until you 'preserved the knowledge'. Even exploiting an ideology with an insulting comment.

He was not defending the Jedi, they could fight their own battles, but there was something that was drawing this Senator's foot into his mouth. It made Zev wonder if this was just nerves, or a poor representation to the gullibility, or apathy of his constituents. Letting the Senator answer the long winded question, he looked a little deeper into the information given.

If you truly believe that you have committed no crime, why bring everything up immediately as if you are trying to "get out in front of it"? Innocence does not require explanation, only confirmation. I am not saying this to pass judgment on you, it is not my task to complete, I am saying this because you seem more interested in taking sides than simply clarifying misgivings.

A vague question, to be sure, but there was much that could be learned from his response. The former Omega Squad operator was not a student of much but he was always exceptional in criminal psychology and this man, a noble, was clearly in belief that he was above this. Truth is, Zev didn't care either way. He was not happy to be here, but would see it through.

My last questions for the moment…

Turning his head, the spy focused his gaze on the Jedi Council Member.

Are to you, Master Jedi, as you would be an expert on this. While I don't profess to know really anything about the Force, I have done a lot of reading, not only enroute but while sitting here. Wayfinders and Holocrons are semantically different, Holocrons being like "books" where Wayfinders are like "maps"... am I correct? If I am…

Here it comes…

... do you need to be proficient in the Force to be able to activate one?

This could go one of two ways, either that little nugget could bring up more questions about the Senator himself, after all the report says it was indeed active in that it led him to that structure. The other way it could go is that it could make Zev look like he did now know what he was doing to an extent, after all, there are Force Sensitives out in the galaxy that are neither Jedi or Sith. In fact rumor had it there was a Jedi Knight that was Supreme Chancellor. He would look silly if his belief that someone attune to the Dark arts would be needed to activate a Sith Wayfinder turned out to be false and a Jedi could do that, however it would serve him well because he still had the question he was waiting to ask still had yet to be brought up.

"Go to Hell?" Funny, they kicked me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jace colis

J

i4xNFo5.png

image0.png

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Zev Tantor Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti

1 "vora" class verpine hand cannon with silencer with 1 30 round "force breaker round" clip in the gun and 2 spare clips hidden in clothing but easily drawn both gun and clips void stone ring.
0*DRZ41T8nCRPs9ipF

image0.png

Jace sat there listening to the explanation of maldor studying the words he said how thoroughly he tried to explain away his actions. Kahlil and zev had made great points points Jace was going to make but his first question has yielded more results than he could have hoped for like mercetti holding onto secret sith artifacts and straight out saying he was collecting knowledge on sith artifacts or ATLeast that's how it appeared. both master noble and mister tantor brought up are very valid and interesting points but what worries me the most Is that you have such artifacts here in the senate building on coruscant how did they get in here let alone on to coruscant. Jace asked standing there it was a question that had nagged at the back of his mind quietly if a senator could bring these kind of relics into the senate building than what stopped them from bringing in something that could do some damage or influence the senate in some way.

He listened further cataloging what everyone said in his mind and on a datapad he brought with himself he awaited Kahlils answer to zefs questions. It would clear up a few things for him as well mercetti wouldn't be the first senator to be force sensitive he wouldn't be the last. He had it on good knowledge that auteme was force sensitive but he wouldn't say that to anyone not without political blowback anyway and losing his senatorial spot and privileges.

But that was neither here nor there mercettis story while well written and practiced wasn't fully formed as vef and Kahlil pointed out. knowing tapani history and their connection with long lost sith is one thing no one is gonna hold against you besides those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it after all. I think it's best that those artifacts leave with Kahlil for the safety of those in the senate building unless there are objections he stared looking at the three men h stood in the room with him you but have to look at my face to see the damage the darkside could do to someone he said showing his eye. And the scars on his face.
image0.png

Maldor regarded the 'meathead' of the group with renewed apprehension, which he tried to keep from his features.

Tantor was a soldier, and was supposed to have a soldier's mind. He was the member of the investigative teams Maldor had least suspected incisive questions would come from. Yet the man hacked at the Senator as he might hack at a foe, using his mind rather than any crass weapon.

The others were as Maldor expected them to be- no less formidable, but at least expectedly so.

"Mister Trantor, pursuing a hobby- or even a scientific inquiry- does not preclude one from having an opinion, as I'm sure you know. You and Mr. Noble should know that I have a deep disregard for the Jedi policy of concealing or even destroying knowledge. This is not a practice merely done out of fear of 'traps,' as Mr. Noble contests. The Jedi consider Sith knowledge itself to be a trap worthy of sequestration. They treat the mere knowledge of Sith practices and beliefs as a danger. Gleaning data before it is carted off to vaults or 'cleansed' of important data is vital to the furtherence of science, archaeological inquiry, historical knowledge, and even an understanding of the Force itself.

The Jedi have become a self-regulating agency controlling all knowledge of the Sith- and suppressing that knowledge. Even among their own ranks, only a few are allowed to investigate such matters. The amount of knowledge they have concealed, and even destroyed- Yes, book burnings, Mr. Noble- the destruction of Sith materials, along with more mundane censorship- is incalculable.

Knowledge should be free to all, gentlemen. The blanket policy of censorship employed by the Jedi Order is my disagreement with them, and where my 'ideology' differs from theirs. It is important that ordinary people have access to the same information as the chosen few, and doubly so that their representatives have that information so that they can make informed choices."

He shrugged, "But I digress. I am not here to set policy. I am here to comply with investigators. That is why I am being forthcoming, Mr. Trantor. I have nothing to hide in this matter, and while I do not believe a transgression has occurred, even a moron can tell that when investigators arrive, someone does believe it.

Being completely open is the correct response to that, wouldn't you say?

These artifacts were always destined for Jedi custody, in compliance with the law. I merely studied them first before packing them up. Really, it's fortunate I came across them, or the Jedi would not be taking custody of them, today. They'd be in some market somewhere.

But they are packed up and ready for transport to any designated Jedi facility, as you can see."

He answered Trantor's final question, which had not technically been directed at him, "And yes, activating a Wayfinder and following its navigational directions is easiest if one is force-sensitive. There are, however, technological work-arounds. These are devices, after all. Not magic."

Turning to look fully at Jace, Maldor said, "I had them brought here so that you could see them. Consular packages and effects are not screened except for explosives. And none of these objects are explosive."

Well... not chemically explosive, anyway. The political implications could be quite explosive.

Maldor cleared his throat, "Now, is this satisfactory for the conclusion of your investigations? I would like to get back to the business of governing."

Jace colis
Zev Tantor
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil let out a heavy breath.

"Master Noble, Senator. Shield of the Jedi, and the foremost expert on Sith within Alliance space. You've chosen to be quite condescending and insulting. After admitting to breaking Galactic Alliance law. Possession of Sith Artifacts is illegal. You've been in possession of these for some time, and have chosen to decipher and open such artifacts within the Alliance capital, putting thousands at risk."

He rolled his eyes, looking to the pair of investigators.

"I am arresting Senator Mecetti. He will stand trial with the senate. Do you have any objections?"

Jace colis | Zev Tantor | Maldor Mecetti Maldor Mecetti

The moment seemed to stretch on forever.

No word immediately came from the other investigators as to why Maldor shouldn't be arrested. And indeed, why should they think so? What had he done to dissuade them? Nothing.

This had been an inevitability since that moment on that icy world, when meddling Jedi had noticed what he'd been holding. An archaeological expedition of discovery had become his doom. Now he might never discover what that temple held. What secrets it could convey. What power it could grant him.

"So," Maldor said at last, "it's arrest, then."

At least he had prepared for this moment, though he'd hoped to avoid it.

At least his father hadn't abandoned him entirely.

At least there was one more road to travel.

House Mecetti would not be destroyed by this. No.

It would merely be changed...

Jace colis
Zev Tantor
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom