Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An unexpected reunion.

Cole sat at the bar sipping on some Tea. He was back on Nar Shaddaa again. Not that he had gotten particularly fond of the place but it did seem to provide an endless supply of work. Work brought credits and credits kept a roof over his head and fuel in his ship. Recently it had even produce a measure of companionship he had not experienced in a while. Always being on the move did not leave a lot of opportunities for steady or even remotely healthy relationships.

So far the place was rather empty Cole having beaten the crowds to the bar. He sat at the end of the bar next to the wall minding his own business in his usually I'm a ninja attire. He was between jobs and getting in a last bit of fun before moving on to a different world and different opportunities.

[member="Kaia"]

A young woman soon entered the bar and scanned the room. Her appearance wasn't anything special, just a blue shirt, jeans and a black, open jacket with the hood up and with the somewhat dim lighting of the bar you couldn't really see her face that well. This young woman approached Cole to ask him a question but upon seeing him she realized that she had found what she was looking for.

The young lady sat down next to Cole and awkwardly remained silent expect to ask for a drink. She wasn't really sure how to strike up a conversation with somebody she hadn't seen in 11 years, much less about the bad news she brought with her. "Umm... Uhhh." She would try to say something a couple of times but each time she'd lose her nerve. This is stupid Why am I being so shy? I'm never like this around anyone else. She thought to herself to try and motivate herself to finish a single sentence.

Eventually she realized that the simplest way to do this was to just remove the one that would keep Cole from identifying exactly who she was and allow him to start the conversation so she removed her jacket and hood along with it, thus allowing Cole to see her unique blue hair and purple eyes.

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole glanced over as [member="Kaia"] took a seat beside him and began to mumble. He smiled softly

"Hey."

He had started to turn back to his drink when the girl removed her coat. Cole did a double take about 5 seconds before he jumped off the stool and wrapped her up in a big hug lifting her off her stool.

"KAIA what are you doing here..........you are supposed to be at home with mom and dad still." "I wanted to come visit last time I was there but I got called right back off planet as soon as I got there."

It was a good two or three more minutes before Cole set her down pulling his hood back and mask down looking at his baby sister. His hands cupped her face with a smile.

"I see you still like the blue hair." "You look good Kaia...how have you been."

Kaia smiled back and returned his hug, she had missed her older brother and she was happy to see that he seemed to be doing well. Although seeing him so happy made her feel worse about what she had to tell him. "It's been too long Cole, I'm happy to see you doing so well. I wish I was here under better circumstances but I need to speak with you in private.... A lot has happened while you were away..."

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole looked at her for a moment before looking around the bar. After a minute he found a booth in the back corner. Turning back to [member="Kaia"] he nodded.

"Umm yeah come on in the back."

Cole lead her towards the booth stepping to the side to let her sit down first before taking a seat himself.

"What's up?" "You don't look too happy to see me.........did something happen?"

Kaia sat down and stared down at the floor for a good three or so minutes. She didn't want to talk about this, she wanted to talk about anything else but Cole needed to know this.

"It's... It's about dad.." She started as she looked back up at him. "Our father... died last year from illness...There was nothing that could have been done to stop it. I...I'm sorry brother, You should have known but I couldn't find you...I'm sorry."

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole was silent for a moment before he reached out on the table to comfort her.

"Hey kiddo." "It's ok." "It's not your fault.......I have had to move around a lot." "Don't blame yourself Kaia."

He paused looking at her with a soft smile. She needed him right now........he would grieve in his own time in his own way when the time was right.

"I am sure he was happy in the end having his baby girl at his side during his last moments." "He loved you a great deal Kaia." "You should have seen him with you when you were an infant."

He smiled a genuine smile. Unlike his Mother Cole adored Kaia just as much as their Father did. She could do no wrong in their eyes. It was no different today.

[member="Kaia"]

Cole smiled.

"So what have you been up to the last few years?" "Last time I saw you you barely came up to my knees."

Cole motioned a server over.

"You want a drink?"

He turned to the server.

"Can I get another Tea and whatever she wants."

[member="Kaia"]

"Tea for me as well." Kaia told the server before turning back to Cole to answer his question. It was a pretty simple question but unfortunately Kaia's most recent years had been anything but simple.

"Oh boy, where to begin..."

She scratched the back of her head and let out a sigh. She was going to have talk about her other problem sooner or later since she had spend the year trying to solve that problem.

"Well... I suppose I better get the bad out of the way first... Mom... She kicked me out after dad died."

Kaia became awkwardly silent. Well I'm just all smiles and sunshine today. Kaia thought to herself. I've dropped 2 bombshells on my poor brother who was probably having a wonderful time before I showed up and told how "awesome" my life has been lately. Between this, asking dad about my birth mother, anytime I talk to my step mom and explaining all this to my now ex-roommate I think I've become the unofficial queen of awkward conversations.

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole sighed closing his eyes for a moment before opening them.

"I am sorry about that kiddo." "I knew she was not always the most loving mother to have but I didn't think she would throw you out."

He sipped his tea before looking back up. Cole was not stupid......he knew his mother resented Kaia. He just didn't think she would take it as far as she apparently had.

"You got somewhere to stay?"

[member="Kaia"]

"Afraid not." "I was staying with a friend but her mother has gotten sick so I need to move out soon so she can support her." "I've been trying to find a place to stay but I'm not having much luck."

Kaia let out yet another sigh and took a drink of her own tea. She was worried, she wanted to reassure her brother that everything was going to be alright but she'd be lying if she did. She didn't know what she was going to do, she didn't have enough credits to get a place to live and she wouldn't be able to find a job soon enough.

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole nodded to [member="Kaia"] with a frown.

"I see." "Well I move around a lot but you are more than welcome to stay with me." "As a matter of fact I insist." "Can't have my baby sister living on the streets with nowhere to go."

Cole smiled.

"How would you like to watch your big brother's back."

Cole chuckled hugging [member="Kaia"] back.

"You're family kiddo." "You are my flesh and blood." "It's my job to keep you safe and make sure you have what you need."

He smiled at her sipping his tea.

"Besides you're a good kid and thanks to a little help from yours truly you know how to handle yourself." "Ok so maybe it was more dad than me but I would like to think I helped some."

Cole smiled.

"So how about this." "Tonight we have a little bit of fun and tomorrow we get on the road." "There really is nowhere good on Nar Shaddaa to put down stakes." "We cna figure it out together." "Deal?"

He sipped his tea.

[member="Kaia"]

Cole chuckled.

"Good........not that you had a choice but it makes it easier." "We will get started tomorrow."

Cole finished his drink and stood.

"For now it is about time I got some rest."

[member="Kaia"]

"Sounds good. I didn't get much sleep on the way here so I think I'm going to do the same."

Kaia got up again after finishing her drink.

"I assume you're staying at your ship?"

[member="Cole Dagos"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom