Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private An Omen is Falling from the Sky!

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
Omen hated this ship, he really did deep within his organic manufactured heart. His Dragonboat class freighter, the renamed "Tortured Rebirth" was definitely torturing him today. It all started when he was flying a trade run between the SJC and the CIS. While thankfully no pirates came out to attack his houseboat as he liked to call her, his houseboat decided to attack itself from within. Of course, centuries-old parts have a tendency not to work sometimes and that's just what happened to his ship's engine coolant pump as he waited in Roldalna's low orbit.

The ARC rested in his pilot's chair, waiting for ground clearance to give him his berth, the increased heat in the engine bank due to the lack of coolant, and what must have been a spark coming from the grinding of gears within the engine bank that caused a fire to bloom. As fire alarms started to go off throughout the entire ship, screaming for the clone's attention, Omen could only try to fly this hulk through braking power alone, hoping to save himself from certain doom as his ship started to fall from the upper atmosphere. He quickly turned on the comm system, hoping against hope it didn't malfunction as well, radioing the astromech that was on loan to him from the Mandolarian Covenant."QU, try to put that fire out or at least hold it back till we land!" He then switched to the local spaceport's frequency, practically screaming into his mic. "Mayday, mayday, this is the "Tortured Rebirth"! We are falling quickly with multiple fires in the engine compartment!" A voice that seemed to be coming from a startled Twiklek male who was now having a very bad day at work came crackling through the set. "This is Roldalna spaceport! How can we assist?". Omen's temper flared as he screamed his lungs out, not being able to keep his cool as he fought the craft to try to maintain control as the trooper wished the burning ship to fall slower and to just give him a little more time to land the crate. "Well for starters... CLEAR THE RUNAWAY, I'M COMING IN HOT!" The Clone radioed back QU one last time as it tried to stop the blaze with his onboard fire retardant though it was clear the frantically beeping droid alone would be unable to hold back the flames. As the droid frantically beeped to close the blast doors to the engine room, Omen replied sharply. "You tried your best QU! Now get back here before I have to replace an Astromech as well as an engine bank!"

Roldalna loomed bigger and bigger as the "Tortured Rebirth" plummeted in a controlled fall towards the capital cities spaceport, Omen trying his best to control the descent as best as he could using the two front braking thrusters, trying to make the mental calculations in his brain that would be the difference between a crash landing and death. He only could hope when he activated the ship's braking thrusters fully it would stop the out of the control craft without flipping the ship on the already suffering lady's head. He read the altimeter as the ship fought him for every moment for control in protest of her harsh treatment. "4000... 3000... 2000... 1000... 500... 250... not yet... hold... BRAKE NOW!" As he pulls back on the throttle with all his might, the thrusters fire at full capacity to slow the screaming lady down as it buffeted against by high G's of the atmosphere. Even the antiquated heat shielding barely holds out against the massive ball fire that the craft has become, threatening to burn the soldier alive before he can even make it to the surface even as he read out the final readings. "50... 25...10...0!" The craft groaned as it hit the spaceport's runway hard, protesting loudly as the bottom of its hull or what remained of it screamed in pain. A few seconds later, the noises of the tortured ship subsided as the ship finally ground to a halt, balancing on the permacrete runway like a ballerina would at their first performance at Coruscant Opera House. His first thought was that he actually was alive and how did he manage it, his second was how to keep this information from leaking to the Padawans back home who would no doubt remind him of this day for the rest of his half-life and not in an admiring sort of way.

Last edited:
Time and time again, the white-haired woman found herself alone on strange worlds. Having four arms sometimes helped and she would most often get into fights with people because she was a better fighter. Even if she got a few bumps and bruises, Eryneth almost always came out on top. Her current struggle was just warming up when there were alarms going off in the building.

Growling as the spectators ran out followed by her opponent. There weren't going to be any winnings passed around this day. Not in any hurry to escape from whatever was coming their way, she took her time putting her shirt back on and covering up the tattoos she had along her arms.

Coming out of the cantina, she quickly learned why these alarms were going off. A ship was on its way to crash along the runway of the spaceport. In an effort to make sure the people were safe inside the spaceport, the emergency had been called.

Personnel were already on the field to assist the pilot and ship when he did come down. People in fire suits and field medics were ready for the crash. Watching the tragedy in front of her, she got flashes of her own crash and separation from her companion. A man she was still searching for after all these years.

Once all the fire was put out, the woman ran out in the hopes that perhaps Drau was the man in the ship. The medics were hovering around him and checking his vitals, but even at the distance she was from him, she could tell he wasn't her friend.

Letting out a rather harsh curse, she started to turn away. Something stopped her though. What that was, she didn't know but felt she should wait for him. So she did. His check-up did not take very long. However, his ship was going to be a different story. If it could even be repaired.

Leaning against the outer wall, she just watched the proceedings on the runway until he was released.

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

Sergeant Omen

Omen breathed heavily, what remained of his body felt shaky as he tried to stand up, having to hold onto the sides of the cockpit to walk out of the confined space. He checked to see that P7 survived the crash and smiled as he heard hoots and whistles that told him the droid had strapped into his recharging port in the back of the ship's main hallway in time. He gestured to the droid to follow him outside and as he walked down the steps he could see medics started to race towards him. He waved them away and proceeded to look at the hull of his craft. Surprisingly, it came down mostly in one piece, he guessed that he was a pretty good pilot, after all, to get her down at all was an accomplishment to be proud of. The only thing that prevented him from getting off the ground right now was the burnt to a crisp engine bank. If only the medics won't stop clawing at him to sit down for concussion testing. "Fine, but this better not take too long. I got to get this thing fixed and in the air." They were just doing their job after all and it was better than finding something wrong with his clone body later on. He just hoped they didn't need to take blood samples, that was something he didn't need floating out in the galaxy.

As the medics did their work, Omen plopped some credits on the top of P7 "Record: Roldalna spaceport management, I'm sorry for crashing down on your runway, a coolant leak caused my engine to explode on the way down. If you have any recommendations for repairs, I seem to need them. CT-7878 Omen 41st Elite Corps." When the astromech beeped an affirmative beep that the message was recorded and started to roll off, the ARC called out "And get me a cup of caf, extra sugar, and cream! Please and thank you!" As he followed the droid path to what looked like the main control tower, he glanced at a battered four-armed woman who stared at him like a Corellian cougar ready to strike at the battered clone as she leaned against the wall of the terminal. He internally decompressed, not really wanting to talk to anyone today after that belly landing. The clone soldier had recorded the message especially so he won't have to talk to the spaceport authorities so hopefully, this wouldn't take long. Omen hoped she wasn't about to fight him for landing on her home spaceport in a bout of flames because while he could fight, he would be against what looked to be a veteran fighter, all bets would be off if he could actually win. With a single head nod and a beckon with his hand as the medics finished up clearing him for duty, he would see what this new alien wanted.

Last edited:
She watched as the spaceport crew put out of the flames and the medics did their check-up of the passenger. Almost to her surprise, he was released quickly and headed in his direction. Only after he sent his droid that way first. Moving just slightly to allow it to pass, their eyes met as he started her way.

The woman hadn't actually intended to look intimidating to him, but the way he looked at her it seemed she had. Uncrossing her arms, she ran one of them through her short hair as he approached.

"I ain't going to hurt you. How did your ship get to be in that condition?"

Her world had been far behind in technology and she did not have any sort of eye to know his ship was practically ancient. There really wasn't much she could do to help him but it did open the chance to have a conversation with somebody that did not appear to want to try and beat her up.

"Name's Eryneth."

Stretching out a lower hand for him to shake if he wanted to.

"How long do you think that'll take to repair?"

Tipping her head in the area of his ship, hopefully, he would be able to figure out what she meant.

Sergeant Omen

"I ain't going to hurt you. How did your ship get to be in that condition?"

With those words, Omen stopped prickling and physically deflated.

"Sorry, as you can see I'm not having the best day... Coolant pump malfunctioned, leaving the whole engine to overheat and catch fire."

The Clone took the new being's lower hand before saying his name.

"Omen, it is nice to meet you Eryneth. As for the ship, if the hull is still structurally sound, all that is needed to be replaced is the engine bank. Probably a couple of days of work hopefully if this planet has good repair facilities..."

As the clone looked around, he doubted that it did. This was a Rim world, after all, not the best equipment made its way out here. As he regarded the strange new person in front of him he quickly asked.

"I've never seen your kind before. What species are you exactly?"

Last edited:
At her words, it was clear they worked to put the man at his ease. A little, at least. Lifting an eyebrow, she nodded at what he said about his day going poorly. She couldn't help but agree.

"Every day for me seems to be bad. I'm fighting here to earn enough to get a ship and off this rock. That'll take me a while since I also have to pay room and board."

Cracking her knuckles of one set of hands, she let them fall to her side and considered an answer to his unspoken question.

"There are some repair facilities here. Some better than others. If you know the right people, you can get anything fixed here and for a good price."

Such was the case on most worlds and in most systems. You needed to know people to get something done. Shrugging slightly, both sets of arms raised and lowered with the motion.

"Nice to meet you as well, Omen."

Raising one of her hands to her chin to indicate she was thinking.

"We're on a planet called Roldalna. Currently, it is part of the Confederacy. Do you know anything about it? I certainly don't and I'm off the surface as soon as I can afford to. As for what species I am...I'm a Codru-Ji. We start off looking just like a large dog. When we reach puberty, we go into a cocoon and come out like this. Are you human?"

Eryneth came from a small world and hadn't met anybody else like her since leaving.

Sergeant Omen

"Every day for me seems to be bad. I'm fighting here to earn enough to get a ship and off this rock. That'll take me a while since I also have to pay room and board."

All Omen could do was frown.

"I'm sorry... I wish I could be of more help..."

It would take nearly if not all of the credits he had on hand to repair his ship though he wished he could be of more help. The Clone could only nod when she said the truth. Knowing people was one thing however, fully trusting them with repairing his only known link to his time was quite another. As he listened, he chuckled as she told him what planet he was on.

"The traffic controller managed to tell me that before the heat shielding went out and no, I don't. this was just a stopover for me."

The man raised his eyebrows as she stalked about her species. The Codru-Ji wasn't a species he had ever found while surfing the holo but it was probably because of a good reason.

"Color me interested. It must be a very big dog then if it could turn into a massive being like yourself. And yes, I'm human."

She didn't need to know he was a clone. They had just met after all. Well, maybe he could buy themselves a little more time to get to know each other more.

"How about we make a deal. You tell me who to go to for repairs and I get you off this rock and take you wherever you want to go. Do we have a deal?"

Last edited:
Why was she even telling a total stranger about her life troubles when he had enough of his own? Thinking she was scowling to herself, it played across her face as he spoke about being sorry he couldn't do much for her. Letting out a humph noise, she shrugged her upper arms and listened to what he had to say.

At least, he had some sense of humor about his crash and said he knew what world he was on. Lowering her shoulders, she nodded when she noticed he was interested in what species she was.

"A large dog with six legs. And very loyal...just like a dog. I'm searching for my caretaker."

Not yet providing him with a name for her caretaker, that might come in time. Of course, he was human. Why wouldn't he be? He certainly looked like one. Lifting an eyebrow at his proposal, Eryneth really did not take too long to think about it. They both wanted off this planet as soon as possible and he had a ship capable of doing that. It just needed to get repaired.

"Follow me."

The thing was, she didn't know where she needed to go to find her friend.

One of her lower arms made the motion to follow her, her upper arms, she crossed over her chest as she pushed the gate aside with her other. She had been here long enough to not draw as much attention as she had before. Besides, nobody with any brains would mess with her. Sort of taking Omen into her protection, nobody would mess with him now either.

Walking past a few stores and shops that would be able to fix his ship, she brought him to a run-down-looking one.

"Don't let the looks fool you, Omen."

Opening the door, the inside didn't look quite as poor as the exterior. In fact, if one took a closer look at the smaller details, one would see most of what was here was a facade. Guiding him past most of the wares in front, she brought him through to the back and where repairs were done.

"Yo, Marshal. Got a project for you. This man needs his ship fixed. Talk to him and work out the details. You can take it out of my paycheck."

If Omen really was truly going to take her with him, then whatever he was going to pay would be taken care of by her. It was the least she could do to repay him.

Sergeant Omen

Omen noticed her scowl and wrote her reaction down in his brain. At least his jokes seemed to cheer her up a little bit and that brightened his day. He didn't know what the hell she was talking about when she said she was looking for a caretaker but he knew better than to ask further in that direction. Maybe he would find out in time.

When she said "Follow me" that is exactly what he did, walking with her into what looked like the shopping district. He quickly got out of his comlink and told his droid to wait by his ship with his caf once his other tasks done as well as thanking the droid for all his hard work. When the droid beeped an affirmative, he said that he would be a little while but he would come back with help before saying goodbye and shutting the comlink down. The two eventually arrived at a run-down structure with a hanging sign that had the letters worn off so much that the Trooper couldn't read them anymore. He gave a soft chuckle when she said "Don't let looks fool you".

"I never do. Now let us go see what the price of my mistake is."

When they went inside, he followed the humanoid into the cluttered back room. He looked around at the worktables with tools scattered about while she announced themselves to the dark. It seemed like this place either had a very messy owner or hadn't been touched since his time, probably the former by the looks of it. When no one seemed to come out of the maze of storage racks, he chose a new tactic. "Let us see if this will speed things along..." The Clone got out a credit pouch from his belt and let the bag jingle in his hand, hoping to draw however worked here out to play.

Last edited:
It wasn't that nobody was responding to Eryneth by any means, it just took longer for Marshal to appear than expected. Even the familiar sound of credits jingling around didn't hurry the old man. After another few minutes, the shuffling noise of a man barely able to walk came from further in the darkness.

When he did appear, he probably looked more like a jeweler than somebody that worked on ships, but looks could be deceiving like she had pointed out earlier.

"What can I do you for, child? You brought a new friend?"

Highly magnified eyes looked over at Omen and they fell to the bag in his hand.

"Put that away, boy. My girl will take care of you. What do you need?"

All gruff talk belied the rather soft heart under his old skin. He understood the hardships of the Galaxy and helped the wayward strays like Eryneth when he could. He snapped his fingers and the lights came on to reveal a cluttered but spotless workroom large enough for almost any ship to fit into.

"You have an old ship, I take it? What's the problem with it? Depending on your answer, I can give you a time frame of when I can have it done by."

Taking a seat behind the counter, a datapad was brought out and held up really close to the face of Marshal. Eryneth on the other hand, just stood in what shadows there were now and waited patiently with her arms crossed. This was between the men and she had no real business sticking her nose in the middle of it.

Sergeant Omen

Omen nodded in respect to the elder as he put the credit pouch away. He certainly wasn't surprised that the Shopowner was an older gentleman. Some men held onto their shops until their dying day because they had no one left to "Just finding out what kind of person I was dealing with Sir. Some like credits. some like relationships. I see you are the latter which is good for both of us."

The Clone squinted as his eyes adjusted to the new light. The old man had a nice setup indeed. Hopefully, it would be good enough to get the job done. "I got an old Dragonboat that I use to drag myself around. The main coolant pump on the engine failed when I was in holding orbit and then nearly the whole engine bank caught fire as a result. I had to do a belly landing to keep her alive. All the fires are out and the hull is intact, now we just need to sort out what can be salvaged from the engine and what needs to be replaced. I at least will need a new coolant pump, I know that for sure."

As the trooper waited for the old shop owner's answer, he gave a cursory glance around the space, wondering what tools would be needed to fix up his ride home.

The old man glanced at Eryneth as he listened to Omen tell him what was wrong with the ship. She just silently nodded and walked over to one of the aisles of parts to start looking around. Marshal punched his pad and a door opened to reveal a droid with a hover lift device attached.

"Go out there and get his ship, bring it back and I'll get to work. Boy, give me three days and you'll be free to go. I assume you'll be taking her with you? She's been wanting off this rock for months and getting tired of fighting the same people all the time. Eryneth is a good girl though. You take care of her. If you don't, you'll be answering to me."

Even though he kept his tone cheerful and continued to help Omen, there was part of what he said that indicated he was good for the threat if something happened to his ward.

At the command of the old man, the droid exited the building and trundled its way to the spaceport.

"I got room for you to sleep but that's about it. Food will also be provided, just show up. Here's your work ticket. Don't get into any trouble and I'll see you in three days."

With those words being said, he slowly moved away from Omen and walked over to Eryneth. Whispering something to her, she pulled a large part from the shelf and carried it over to the work table. Setting it down, Marshal disappeared into the back and left the two of them alone.

"It looks like he's also taken you under his wing. C'mon, let's get out of here. We'll come back in a few days. Your ship will be in the best condition since coming off the assembly line."

Sergeant Omen

Omen gave a thin tired smile which was the best he could give considering the circumstances. "I told her that I'll take her wherever she wants to go in exchange for bringing my ship into a repair shop and I plan to keep my word. And... Thank you, I mean it." He knew he faced a death sentence that would be cared out by the old man no matter how far he went away from this place. No reason to risk death for the offense of not fulfilling his side of the deal.

He took the work ticket with a chuckle. "I think you should be talking to her about getting into trouble more than me. See you in three days."

The Clone glanced back as the mechanic disappear into the dark hole that was the backroom, wondering what exactly he had gotten into when he heard the Sith's voice. "I guess so. Well, at least I'll get my ship fixed." He gestured to the front door of the shop. "Since you know all the local haunts, lead the way."

Melina Suarez Melina Suarez

Once the work order was placed and they were given the freedom to leave, she walked over to Omen. Nodding when he told her to lead the way, Eryneth decided to show him where he would be staying and where they would be eating. At least, when they were on the premises of Marshal's.

"Your cot is likely that direction. You might have to share the area with some of the others but don't worry, they're all strays like me and Marshal only takes in those he doesn't feel will harm him or anybody else."

And his intuition has proved him correct so far. Then again, Eryneth had only known him for a few months so maybe she was wrong, but she didn't think so.

Taking the lead again, she showed Omen where the food was served but it was quiet at the moment.

"We can come back for dinner and then after, I'll show you around where I like to hang out."

This was the routine for the next three days. Meeting for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the mess area. The rest of the time, she showed him around the town they were stuck in. There were various cantinas, some even had the fighting rings the woman was very familiar with. Each night they returned to sleep the day away and on the third day, she met him and took him back into the workshop where Marshal was just putting the finishing touches on the ancient ship of the clone.

Just like she had promised, his ship looked almost as good as it had to come off the assembly line. All the repairs had been completed and the hull shined as much as its age allowed it. Walking over to the old man, she placed one of her hands on his shoulder and gently gave it a squeeze.

"Thank you for everything, old man."

Changing her mind, she wrapped him in a large hug. One gentle enough not to cause him any harm but hard enough to get the message across of her thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom