Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Introduction and Ideas For a Character

Hello. I'm not big on introductions, so I will keep this part short.

Character ideas for your feedback:

1. A non-Human species. I was thinking maybe Weequay as I haven't seen a lot of them many places. A more unique species comes with distinct advantages and disadvantages a human doesn't have. Of course, any reasonable suggestions you have are welcome.

2. If I do a Jedi, I would like to avoid being Mary Sue Solosky whose biggest problem is being too gosh darn nice. Or convsersely, Darth Evilus who is just too evil for his own good. Even a Sith Lord/Jedi Master busting out an obscure, super-difficult power, spell or ritual is silly. Or perhaps being untouchable as a swordsman. Even Miyamoto Mushashi tasted defeat...in large battles, mind, but he lost.

3. Any other suggestions you have besides 'take a long walk off a short pier' :).

Thank you!

Hi! Welcome to Chaos! ^_^

I can't remember the last time I've seen a Weequay on this board. You probably won't be unique, but definitely very uncommon.

The most common, frustratingly shallow weaknesses on the board tend to be psychological. Anger, callousness and the like are extremely popular for Sith, and I've seen a disgusting number of male characters use "women" as a weakness. It's as if being romantically attracted to at least one gender is somehow a disadvantage rather than a biological imperative. Avoid that and people will be very grateful.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :D

Welcome to the board [member="Malach"] !

You can make your character as good/evil/neutral as you like. There are factions that cater to all types! Click up on the Factions tab at the top of the screen to read more about each faction and find one that suits your needs :)

Malach said:
Darth Evilus
....That made me laugh so hard. Welcome to Chaos. :D
Nice to see someone who's go-to isin't humans. A weequay would be fun, I don't think I've seen one of those in action. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

Fabula Cavataio said:
Hi! Welcome to Chaos! ^_^

I can't remember the last time I've seen a Weequay on this board. You probably won't be unique, but definitely very uncommon.

The most common, frustratingly shallow weaknesses on the board tend to be psychological. Anger, callousness and the like are extremely popular for Sith, and I've seen a disgusting number of male characters use "women" as a weakness, as if being romantically attracted to at least one gender is somehow a disadvantage rather than a biological imperative. Avoid that and people will be very grateful.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :D
Yeah, it should go without saying a Sith Lord would be callous, self-centered and hateful. It's kind-of the M.O. as opposed to a weakness. A normal person might see those qualities as bad things but a Sith Lord is about as normal as seagulls flying backwards.

As far as women being a weakness, no, not really. It's an obsession with sex that's a weakness. Also, a family isn't a weakness so much as either a source of strength or a perceived hindrance. Possibly a target for the aforementioned Darth Evilus.

To everyone else, thanks for the feedback so far. I like a giant cat warrior as a pretty unique idea in a non-Thuncercats Universe. Most cats are afraid of thunder, however, so I digress. Oh, and I have a question about character creation templates: do I have to use the standard one as I found another more literary style I prer.

[member="Fabula Cavataio"] [member="Mrrew"] [member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Hello, and welcome. It's always nice to see people pushing the more obscure lore into the Site, better yet when it's a new member as many tend to stick to either what they know, what they feel comfortable with - hence a lot of Humans - or what they think the site's norm is.

Also I totally empathise with you on the Jedi/Sith thing. Everyone has their flaws, their weaknesses; I don't think I could do a character who didn't have a pretty big - Physical - Flaw. It would seem unrealistic to be great at everything.

Malach said:
Oh, and I have a question about character creation templates: do I have to use the standard one as I found another more literary style I prer.
You can use whatever template you like as long as it has all the information the standard one does. :)

Could possibly try something like an Ithorian or a whiphid in the humanoid department :p

But a Weequay does sound interesting! That heightened smell sense would come in handy ;D

[member="Malach"]

Lenix Ornil said:
Could possibly try something like an Ithorian or a whiphid in the humanoid department :p

But a Weequay does sound interesting! That heightened smell sense would come in handy ;D

[member="Malach"
An Ithorian, hmm, that's an interesting idea. Your avatar reminds me of Sly Cooper.
Ybinantru Isis said:
Welcome! Please don't be an orphan! :)
Oh, I've no intention of being an orphan. I don't get the appeal of being one.

SC3PTR3

Fist.Of.Control.
[member="Murror"]

You know, there was once a Wookie Jedi. You can look it up on Wookiepedia. That would be something unique imo.

[member="Murror"]

I like you. You can stay.

For real though, it's nice to see someone trying to do something different. This is coming from a character who is an orphan and suffers from psychological problems :p Welcome to the community! Write some nice threads, be literary, and don't let all the nice things people say to you get to your head. Follow those three simple rules and you'll do just fine here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom