Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Innocuous Meeting In A Deserted Bar

KAIULANI SYSTEM, VARUNDA IX
SORLIS, THE THIRSTY WAMPRAT

@[member="Serock Hoath"] | @[member="Juthan'Athar"] | @[member="Thrash"] | @[member="Nova Thanewulf"]

Alcoholic beverages and similar equivalents were not popular on the highly pacifistic planet of Varunda IX. As such, their bars and pubs were generally devoid of frequent patronage. It was a miracle the Thirsty Wamprat managed to stay open like it did, but Hannibal wasn't complaining nor questioning of the fact. Bars that were uniformly devoid of many patrons were the best place to hold meetings with people of a similar set of morals. Morals that allowed for things such as bank robberies to take place. As it so happened, that was exactly what the meeting entailed- a bank robbery. Funny how that works, right?

There were five of them in total. A human, Serock, who he'd met in a bar. Juthan, a Chiss, met while hunting down Jorus Merrill. Thrash the Zabrak and Nova Thanewulf the Shistavanen were met during a mercenary stint a few years back and as a contact in the Bounty Hunter's Guild, respectively. A solid team for the score Hannibal was thinking of making. All it came down to was the plan. Then again, with five tough-as-nails mercenary-types to back him up, maybe the plan wasn't so important after all.

"Alright, guys and gal, here's the low-down." Hannibal said, sliding a disk-shaped holoprojector across the table, letting it stay in the center. It projected an image of Val'Hala, a very close by planet.

"As you all may or may not know, the overpopulated, gender imbalanced backwater of Val'Hala is ruled over by some kinda' caste system with a whole lotta lunatics runnin' around up top, amassin' wealth and just generally bein' dickish to anyone who ain't them. Y'know, how caste systems usually work. Since they got a whole lotta crap on their hands, they needs someplace safe to put it. Their favorite, by far, is the Bank of Olympus."

The image changed to that of the Bank of Olympus' logo.

"Biggest bank in the planet's capital. Most of their dealings are handled electronically, dig? All their money transfers and whatnot. What's in their for us is the safe deposit boxes. They'll have all manner of valuables inside of them. Gems, jewelry, antiques, artifacts, deeds. All kindsa stuff you'd expect a buncha superstitious nutballs to horde."

The image changed a second time, this time displaying a floor plan of the Bank of Olympus branch he intended to hit.

"This particular branch is the closest to the upper-class neighborhoods of Olympus. The most popular one, to be exact. It's two stories tall, but the basement levels are where we're going. Upstairs is offices 'n crap. Second basement level is where they keep the safe deposit boxes."

The holoprojector abruptly shut off, and Hannibal looked between the assorted folks around him.

"Have I attracted sufficient interest yet, or should I stop now?"

Juthan shook his head smiling, "Oh no, you have definitely caught my interest Hannibal, but might i ask, what is the projected payoff from the bank?" He was looking over at Hannibal now, the grin ever remaining on his face. "I mean, not that pissing off a bunch of rich morons isnt enough, but id rather know what the projected profits from this venture will be." @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Juthan'Athar"]

Nova was paying pretty good attention even with a few drinks already in her. "You've got mine. But I have to agree with my Chiss friend here. I'd like to know the probable worth of our target. I can go blow down the doors of almost any other bank on some backwater world and make off with a half easy. Obviously pretty big if you're gettin' all us together". Nova swirled her glass about the base. The dark liquid pushed about like the sea, turbulent and powerful. "Also be good to know how heavy they'd hit us back with".

@[member="Nova Thanewulf"] | @[member="Juthan'Athar"]

"Projected payoff... I'll peg it at somewhere around..." Hannibal paused to run a few calculations. "...A whole lotta credits. You look at these guys walkin' around on that dirtball planet and you'll see. Flamboyant goofballs, the upper caste. All hung up on hoarding treasures an' crap."

The Fondorian shrugged, fiddling with the cuff of his gauntlet. "But on the off chance my word and their stupid mannerisms ain't enough for ya, I did track down one of the attendants. Intercepted him at a bar. Bought him drinks. He got drunk; talked my ear off about it. As for their response, Val'hala ain't got no uniformed police force. There's just a buncha random, spoiled bratshits who happened to be born into some kinda warrior caste that get to boss people around. Maintain order, apparently. They might shoot back, but I'll betcha they suck at it."

The Croke had, for quite some time, elected the appearance of a Zabrak and had adopted the identity of Thrash. This was simply his preference, due to the astronomical sum of history that came with this face. In any case, the "slick Fondorian"had called together quite the interesting band of faces; yet none was as interesting as the one worn by the Croke. With a smirk, he heard the projected "price" that would come from this heist..."Thrash" could not help but throw his support into the ring.

"Alright, you've got my attention. Now then, let me make this heist easier for you." he began, then changed form. This was a second nature skill for the Croke, as all he had to do was modify the illusion that was as easy as breathing for him. In the blink of an eye, the Zabrak was replaced with the former Lady Protector of the Omega Protectorate. Sure, he never met the broad face-to-face, but he had seen enough news articles to put together a moderately attractive face with red hair.

"Give me a face boys, and I'll match it." he said in a feminine voice. Sure, it wasn't the Lady Protector's, but it'd do.

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"].

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Serock snorted.

"Show-off."

He got invited to this meeting by Hannibal, a man he had met in a bar. Hannibal was one of the few people Serock had a remote sense of respect for. He was a warrior, not like the other fools who only pretended to be.

Ordering a second drink, he just gazed into the bar. Pretending to be wasted, but in reality scouting for possible spies or other officials. Serock was not here to talk, Hannibal already went through the details with him and he had agreed on the terms. He was only here to make sure there were no complications.

@Thrash @Hannibal Oryen @[member="Nova Thanewulf"] @[member="Juthan'Athar"]

@[member="Serock Hoath"] | @[member="Juthan'Athar"] | @[member="Thrash"] | @[member="Nova Thanewulf"]

"Yeah, jigs up, folks. This'd be a sting by me and my Ladyfriend Protector ov'r there. You're all under arrest. Aheheheh." Hannibal sniggered at his own joke.

Hannibal made a motion as if wiping his nose with his forearm, though the movement was clearly unnecessary given his mask. Since everyone seemed to be paying attention, he continued on with his speech. This was going to be a great score, he could feel it in his bones. And his cybernetic implants. Mostly his bones, of course. He could already seeing himself, exiting the bank, guns blazing with a bag stuffed full of goodies slung over his back...

No, no. Focus on the plan first. That would never happen if he didn't get this ight.

"First things first: the alarm system." Hannibal clicked the remote, and the holoprojector changed to that of a three-dimensional model of the bank. A point on the second story was indicated by a bright blue circle. It certainly sucked that these holoprojectors only projected one color. Pretty lame. "If we're gonna get far with this, we're not gonna want everyone in the damn city to know somethin's up with the bank, dig? This is where our good friend Mister Croak comes in."

Hannibal gestured to Thrash. "Croakie here is gonna disguise 'imself as the bank's security supervisor. He'll walk right in, get to the supervisor's office, an' sit right down. From there, he disables all the alarms. He gives us the signal, and that's when the rest of us come in."

The blue point moved to a position outside of the bank. "We will be arrivin' in an Arrow-23 Transport Landspeeder with the weapons systems retracted. Because inconspicuiosity is for chumps. 'specially where bank robbin' is concerned. By the time we enter, Croakie'll relocated back to th' first floor. Wolfie, Blue, you two'll be on crowd control. All the folks who don't shoot at us, you round up and keep them confined. The folks who do shoot at us, we shoot. Serock, Croaks, you two'll sweep the rest of the first floor an' make sure no one's hiding from us. While that's goin' down, I'll be shuttin' down the elevators, save for the one which goes down to the basement."

"Now that I've demonstrated how we'll be pacifyin' the first floor and isolating the second, I need one 'a ya to volunteer to stay on crowd control while the rest of us crack open the deposit boxes. You'll still get your cut, so no worries in 'at department."

Hira Mitsae

Throwing down another drink, he regarded Hannibal with a smug face.

"You know I am more of a cloak and dagger kind of guy. But you are right, these cubs still have trouble avoiding making noise. Here are my terms, we go in quick and hard. We take what we can and bolt. And no civilians. There is no honor in offing little pups who cannot protect themselves. I do not care about the rich boys, I care about the people that work for them with no other choice."

Then he resumed his watch as if he had never even spoken a word.

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

"See, folks? Mr. Hoath has the correct ideas. Allow me ta elucidate." Hannibal could enjoy a good "cloak and dagger" type of thing when the time called for it. But he didn't feel like being crafty this time around. He wanted to blow down the doors to that bank with great fury and insatiable greed. He wanted to make a spectacle of the whole thing. But like Serock had said, there needed to be a couple of ground rules for the whole thing to go mostly smoothly and not net Hannibal a bounty bigger than his paycheck from this gig.

"First, no shootin' the civvies. Bad mojo for all of us. Y'know, unless they try and fight ya or somethin'. Then you can gun them down, because at that point they cease to be civvies and become combatants, dig? We don't want to waste time at this bank either. We'll 'ave enough bags for the whole lot of us to get outta there with wealth beyond our dreams, but probably not enough time. Those boxes'll be like a lottery. Just accept what you get and don't fight nobody over anything. I ain't gonna have us get that far just to have us shoot each other dead."

@Hanibal Oryen @[member="Thrash"] @[member="Juthan'Athar"] @Serok Hoath

"Kick out way in after we get security down, round em up, blow the vault, loot the goodies and run out guns blazing at anyone who tries to stop us. Thats just about the best plan if we do it with speed. We all better be armed for some heavy duty action if someone decides they don't like us stealing their stuff". Nova finished off her belt with a satisfying ahh. "And don't worry about me being a backstabber. Bounty Hunter code's honor on this one. We get the job done and all go home wealthier for the expirience".

Hira Mitsae

Serock regarded the men and woman in front of him. They did not seem anxious or worried. Even the little show-off cub was cool as ice, it seemed a good sign. On the other hand, it could be a sign of arrogance. But they would find out soon enough, would they not? Ordering another drink, Serock resumed his watch. Already he spotted two possible threats to their plans. One seemed genuine enough, a lone thug who was a bit moody and drank too much. But the way he shifted his head, every time one of them spoke? Seemed suspicious.

The other one was even stranger; carrying himself with the swagger of an old veteran, the boy could not have been older than twenty years old. He was sending him sideways glances every time he thought Serock was not looking. At this point the old Warlord did not know yet, if the boy was a deader or a contractor looking for some action.

He would have to keep his eye on the both of them, but first it seemed as the meeting needed some steering. The pause in conversation had been going on for some time now and he could almost feel the anxiety coming from Hannibal.

"Gentlemen, are we in agreement then? No civvies, unless they try to act as warriors. Smash and Grab we go in, take what we want and go out. And I trust that everyone here will be fair with the loot. Otherwise they will get a closer look at my throwing knife."

With a fast movement he revealed one of the daggers he always kept on standby. And then without a second notice it was good again. Just as Serock's attention, for he was again studying their surroundings.

@[member="Nova Thanewulf"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @Thrash @Juthan'Athar

@[member="Hannibal Oryen"] @[member="Thrash"] @[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Juthan'Athar"]

Serock was a little to worried to be considered calm and cool. He always had his back to them keeping watch over the sparse patrons. Perhaps he was just worried about being shot in the back with his lack of armor. "Your right Serock. Lets get this agreeing business finished with". Nova reached down her leg and grabbed a very large vibrodagger. She jammed the blade into her portion of the table and laid her hand on the pommel. "All for one and one for all. I'm in". Nova left her blade sticking out, a sign of her affirmation. Juthan and Thrash had been especially quiet the last bit. Maybe that was just their type though. Still the talkative ones tended to be the better people to make friends with, Hannibal being a good example. The dark brooding types tended to be the ones to plot and scheme. Business was business though, so long as they didn't get her killed or maimed or tried any of that themselves she didn't care all to much.

Juthan watched the whole conversation with a bored manner, there was no reason for him to show any more interest than is necessary to understand the job. The plan was lain out and he was prepared to do what was needed to complete this job and get his payoff. This was not his job to run anyways, hannibal had set it up and he was determined to see it through as it had been said. @[member="Nova Thanewulf"] @[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Hannibal Oryen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom