Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Icy Abode

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hka3xSjuMRA

Carlyle crossed the tarmac of the naval yards, he stood out among the naval technicians who began to finish the defences. Wearing a cape, and uniform that blended into the snowy tundras of Hoth, Carlyle inspected it all. This had been his vision, his work and his sweat poured into the fortifications. He watched as an empire class frigate landed in the nearest maintainence pit. Already the base was finding itself under use.

"Ensign!" Carlyle called as he approached one of the staff on duty, "How goes the fortifying?"

The ensign, bundled up in a wampa pelt coat, and ear muffs watched the man "You alright sir, you don't seem to-" the ensign began.

"I want reports," Carlyle replied coldly , "Not petty pleasantries."

"Yessir." The ensign replied, "Well, we have incoming stormtroopers beginning to come in." the junior officer replied, "We're putting the final turbolasers, attatching them to the power grid. But largely we're on schedule."

"Good, good, I want round the clock reports ensign, the Alliance is gearing for war, and so should we." Carlyle quipped.

Halle Ren,
Northern Garrison.

Halle, wearing her traditional Ren Robes with lean arms wrapped to protect against the cold follows closely behind Commodore Rausgeber and watches him receive the report from the Navy Crewmen. "The Supreme Leader will be most pleased with your progress overseeing this project Commodore." Halle gives an approving nod to the older man. Perhaps he might find it patronising to be talked down to by a girl not even old enough to be considered an adult. Halle takes a long gulp at a mug held in left hand, taking in the cool chocolate before swivelling the lid back onto it. Halle waits to be out of ear-shot of the Navy Crewmen before speaking to the Commodore. "Word is we have a relief fleet heading to Kaeshana. It is on the edge of Alliance space and could be messy. Do you really think it shall come to war, Commodore?" Carlyle might feel an unnatural chill sweep over him in the presence of Halle. Not the cold of Hoth either, it will cut deeper than that. Feeling like his blood has turned cold.

@[member='Carlyle Rausgeber'],

War... is this what it had to come to? As far as Heveticus knew, the First Order had done nothing wrong in this case. Heveticus risked his company being destroyed if this sector was lost. If the First Order were to be destroyed, his company would be destroyed too, whether it was intended or not.

After hearing about Kaeshana, he immediately offered his construction services to the First Order. He would offer free construction of military structures for the First Order. Payment could be repaid in due time. A short-term cut in his potential profits were better than the alternative... the destruction of his company.

Some construction had been completed already, but Heveticus imagined any help would be much appreciated. After landing, he made meeting the Commodore his priority.

"Commodore Rausgeber, I am Hevticus Maw. I imagine my message reached you in short time. I have several heavy construction droids capable of efficient defence structure building. As my message said, my services are free at the moment."

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"], [member="Halle Ren"]

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"Perhaps, I have to regroup with a fleet, my shuttle awaits me." Carlyle said, "But, nonetheless, I have to finish off this piece of work," He gestured all around them, "It has taken so much time, and effort, it must be completed." The commodore replied, continuing to walk. Carlyle had found the small, diminutive Ren rather disconcerting. His previous experiences with the knights weren't the most positive to say the least.

"I believe Kaeshana beneath their notice," he added, "The Alliance is too caught up in the Core. Even if they wished to intervene, it's a peaceful humanitarian mission. They wouldn't dare attack us for trying to help the hapless inhabitants of that irradiated hell hole."

Then the commodore turned to the construction manager, "Well Mister Maw, I am Carlyle Rausgeber, I am sure if you follow me, we'll find some part of this base needing your assistance."

[member="Heveticus Maw"] | [member="Halle Ren"]

Halle Ren,
Northern Garrison.

"I believe they are not above spite regardless of their self-righteous posturing." Halle folds her hands behind back and stands up with a posture akin to a sensor pole. And looks over the small, rather disgusting and corpulent man with a wrinkle and cringe of nose. Although, her presence might offend the temperature of his blood than his figure offends her sulfuric, unnatural yellow eyes. Halle goes to walk beside the Commodore, emblematic of her status amongst the Fire Order. As a representative of Sieger she is second to none, outside the touch of the Normal chain of command. Lightsaber clicks with each footstep, gently striking her hip with each footstep.

@[member='Carlyle Rausgeber'],@[member='Heveticus Maw'].

Heveticus smiled uneasily at the... could it be a woman with eyes like that? Her presence almost made him soil himself. There was more to her than just yellow eyes. He noticed the lightsaber. He would remember to not mess with her. He turned back to the Commodore and spoke.

"My droids are ready to deploy. If you can give me construction plans the droids can begin work as soon as the data is transferred to them. I have security droids that I have brought, which will guard the construction site unless you would rather have your own men watch. I imagine you have the weapons manufactured already but if you need your transports and freighters elsewhere, I can do all the moving of the equipment coming to this base."

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"If the Galactic Alliance were as righteous as they wish they were, we'd have peace, and a prompt surrender of their forces." Carlyle said, "They'd defend us, and join us. But their leadership has been corrupted." Carlyle continued on his way. Overhead, a squadron of TIE fighters swooped overhead, and a lander filled with stormtroopers deployed themselves. Carlyle looked in the distance, as turbolasers began to come online.

"Security is largely taken care of by our shield generator and garrison." Carlyle replied in a commanding voice, "Though if it'd make your droids feel safer, I will allow them." The commodore paused and pointed in the distance at a series of currently offline turbolaser batteries, "These batteries are needed to be imminently put online." Carlyle said, "Your droids can then unload spare parts and engine pieces to the vault." Carlyle added, turning to Heveticus, "If you don't mind."

[member="Heveticus Maw"] | [member="Halle Ren"]

"My apologies. I mean I have my own security droids to defend my construction droids, I was merely asking if you trust my droids around your fortress. I will command my droids to begin the unloading at once."

He had never worked with the First Order military before. The abruptness of the Commodore was welcome after the constant haggling of his day-to-day work. Heveticus sent the command to his droid programmer on his droid freighter. The droids deployed and moved to unload the parts as commanded.

The fortress was truly a sight. A great structure in the harsh environment of Hoth. If the weather permitted, the fortress would be impenetrable. If the weather favoured the attacker, they would still have to get through the superb defences. A victory for the enemy... if even possible, would result in heavy casualties for them.

Halle Ren,
Northern Garrison.

"It is quite the impressive defensive structure." Halles' eyes look over shoulder towards Heveticus Maw and study him with cold calculation. "I sense great fear in you mister Maw. And I believe your expense free involvement in this project is not born out of a patriotic sense of duty?" Halle tries to look deep into the short man that is Heveticus and discern his intentions, Halles' cynicism goes so far as that she believes that everybody wanted something, true selflessness didn't exist. Everybody no matter how noble does what they do for their own reasons.

@[member='Carlyle Rausgeber'],@[member='Heveticus Maw'].

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"I trust you to work appropriately Mister Maw," Carlyle mused, before looking at the man with a sadistic smirk, "Or else, I will have you and your family fed to rancors in some godsforsaken Hutt palace." Rausgeber snapped at the man, before leading the duo across the cold tarmac. Officers, and technicians walking by did a double take of the trio, before deciding it was better to not question their superior. Small maintenance speeders flew across the black ground, hauling massive husks for frigate and corvette maintenance. "Your security droids will be permitted." Carlyle added.

"Now," Carlyle said, returning his focus to Halle, "This is my magnum opus," he pointed towards the fortress in the mountain. Heavy turbolaser batteries protruded from the rock face, and the large gate opened to traffic, transporting troops and the last pieces needed for the defences. "Containing enough troops to deter nigh any attack the Alliance cowards could muster."

[member="Halle Ren"] | [member="Heveticus Maw"]

Halle Ren,
Northern Garrison.

Halles' eyes are drawn to the end of Carlyles' finger towards an imposing fortress built into the mountain, there are turbolaser batteries dotting the rock face. Yellow eyes crane up somewhat to the gate of the fortress. "How many troops exactly? Surely it is a substantial number, else the Supreme Leader would not entertain the thought of these time-intensive projects." Halles' eyes search for Carlyles' face, hands plant on her hips like a preening rooster. Right-hand quite close to Crossguard Lightsaber which might drag Carlyles' attention towards it, might not be everyday one received the opportunity to examine an inert one this close after all.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Heveticus Maw"]

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"Three legions worth." Carlyle said with a wry smile pursing his lips, "They run patrols around the walls, and around the base." Carlyle informed her, "The turbolasers fall under the navies purview, but both are under the command of the base's officers. There is synergy there, I do promise." Carlyle added, "Think about it in the terms of star destroyers. Stormtroopers bolster naval personnel whenever they're needed to operate turbolaser batteries, or engage boarders."

Carlyle walked towards the base, "The communications systems inside the base, are patched in across the First Imperial Naval network," he said with a wry smirk, "If so much as a pirate vessel intrudes into this system, Dosuun, Zarnathea, Vallhalla and Annaj will be alerted within minutes."

"Any rumour about my mother being a Rancor are totally unfounded and totally untrue!" Heveticus said in response to the Commodore's comment. "But yes, my droids don't have the flaw of laziness that so many workers have. They can work day and night."

The fortress was impressive... it was more than he would expect from the First Order. They were truly skipping no expense to bring the facility up to the highest military standard. He wondered if he was allowed to look at the bowels of the place.

Halle Ren,
Northern Garrison.

"Very impressive Commodore, the supreme leader will be most pleased." Halles' ankles remain clasped together, Halle walks towards the base beside the Commodore and looks to Carlyle who seems to have some kind of smirk on his lips. "If the facility is indeed as capable as you claim. It will have been a wise investment indeed. I am aware here in the Anoat Sector we have a tibanna gas mine at Bespin, is that correct?" Halle puts the apt question to the Commodore. One might be able to guess what her next line of questioning.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Heveticus Maw"]

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Carlyle cracked a smile at that. Who was this Ren tot, trying to tell him how Supreme Leader would be pleased? And then to hear her go on about investment? An outrage. What did she know of strategy? Of military asset placement? Probably nothing. She looked far more interested in jockeying teenage boys than talking of military procedure. Nonetheless, the commodore remained cool, calm and collected. The Ren were deceptive in looks after all. "Yes it is," Carlyle said, "If Bespin were to fall under attack, we'd be able to launch a fleet to counter any incursion made from Alliance space." Carlyle said pretty sure he countered her next question, "Or slow them to the point that they'd be unable to continue."

He turned to Maw, who was bumbling something about his mother and a rancor. Why was he always surrounded by condescending morons, or idiots? Carlyle looked at Maw, and narrowed his eyes, "I'd have expected nothing less of a droid. I'm fairly sure last I checked they did not need any homely comforts."

First Order Planetary Defense Forces
----------------------------------------------------​
Objective: Overwatch final construction of Naval Base​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------​
"This is Lambda shuttle Fortitude, to landing command. Permission to land."
"Permission Granted Fortitude, land on pad 4."
"Understood."
This would be Zharr's first trip out to Hoth, and most certainly not her last. The FOSB tasked her to overwatch the final phase of a new Naval base on Hoth, as well as look for anything suspicious. There had been reports, nothing conclusive, but reports none the less of radicals who would not want us to be there. Also Zharr heard rumors of how tough Wampas were and she may or may not want to test some of her skills against one. She walked off the her lambda shuttle into the cold frozen wastes of Hoth, though she didn't show it thanks to her training, she was already freezing. One of the ground crew walks up to her​
"Good day Mis..."
Zharr hold her hand up to silence the man, and just continues walking not paying him a single once of respect. Venaris' didn't need or desire to talk to people she thought of as lower than her. She made her way to what would become the Headquarters of the base, looking for the base commander to report in.​
"Venaris Zharr, agent of the FOSB. Anything to report Captain?"
"No Ma'am nothing right now, I will notify you if we find something needing of your skills."
"No you will keep me in the loop with everything Captain. The FOSB doesn't like secrets kept from it."
Not giving the Base commander time to respond Venaris walked out the door, and towards the perimeter of the base.​

"Well... perhaps my presence is less desired than you require. I imagine my company will be more appreciated in other developments. My company will continue to support the First Order and we can prepare material when you require it."

Heveticus expected a little more politeness from an Officer, perhaps the Commmodore would be more cordial if he could offer him more than a few droids.

He waited for a response from the Commodore before turning to leave back to his shuttle.

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"], [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

Halle Ren,
Northern Garrison.

"You are very confident in the capabilities of our Navy Commodore Rausgeber." Halle remarks out loud, she silently notes the annoyance that radiates from the man. "Bolstered by the power of the force, we will prevail against the Alliance." Walking out of Heveticus' earshot, Halle looks to Carlyle and summons up a question. "What kind of vessel do you Captain Commodore?" Halle asks as they head towards the entrance of the base.

[member="Heveticus Maw"], [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

Carlyle rolled his eyes at the portly gentleman, but did feel some sympathy. "How about this!" Carlyle yelled as he waddled away, "I've got a wee bit of a job offer, we need more fortresses like these. If you could get me a tender for it, I'll see if I can give you the contracts!" He yelled, "But if not, go kriff yourself, you fat motherkarker!" He turned back to the Ren, "Now, anyways," Carlyle began, collecting himself, "Imperial-x star destroyer, the Vindicator. She's a gem of a vessel, had her-" The commodore was interrupted by a buzz of his commlink, "Apologies," he replied, "Have to get this."

He turned away from the knight and scowled, "What is it?" He barked into the commlink.

"S-sir!" It as Captain Bods, the yards current security manager. "We have had an FOSB agent-"

"Do I look like I give a banthas stinking poodoo?!" Carlyle asked.

"No, I can't really see you given this is-" Bods stammered.

"Look, just, just karking deal with it!" Carlyle snapped.

[member="Halle Ren"] | [member="Heveticus Maw"] | [member="Venaris Zharr"]

Halle Ren,
Northern Garrison.

Halle raises an eyebrow at the Commodore's rather boisterous display, and cannot help but ponder if the intent of the Commodore is to rebuke the Industrialist or spurn him. "I see..." And then the Commodore bursts into a rant over the comlink at somebody and her pallor pulls into a clearly unimpressed scowl at the display while the pair of First Order officials stroll into the Fortress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom