Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Average Day

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
The Spinara Plateau held the infamous Imperial Military Base of Carida. It was moreso an important location for the Galactic Empire of old because of it's Officer's Academy and Stormtrooper Corps. It was said that very few made it into the ranks of the Stormtrooper Corps, but they were still viable for the Imperial Navy and Army. To Athyssius, it was an odd thought. Being rejected in one division, only to be accepted in another.

He couldn't put words to why... It just was.

Now however, that Imperial Academy had been transformed long ago into a shopping mall of sorts.

It wasn't as big as one would think if it were transformed from such an enormous military facility that was the Imperial Academy, but it was still sizeable with numerous floors and entrances.

Athyssius, the Lord of the Sith ventured through the corridors of the mall, viewing the countless clothing shops and stands, the establishment appeared to be relatively lively.

It was a place of history, and he sought to find said history in the ruins of the planet's centuries old structures. But that would have to be for when it was dark and there was nobody about. During the day however, he wanted to cement his new 'identity' as a businessman. Matthaeus Grey, or something like that. The name was on account of his grey eyes, before they turned golden due to the corruption of the Dark Side.

A shroud employed by the Force to conceal his presence in the Dark Side, grey eyes looked about the countless other people in the restructured mall.

[member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Valessia Brentioch

V
What was once a hallmark of a very powerful empire, was now the center of commerce. Valessia had arrived here on Carida as a neutral meeting place with a Matthaeus Grey. A businessman who had contacted her regarding textile design, something she was willing to entertain. She arrived at the Spinara Plateau with her beloved [member="Sumiko Tanaka"], and a small set of security guards. Her personal pilots and servants were sitting with her vessel, somewhere at a nearby spaceport.

Walking through the restructured shopping center she kept her eyes peeled for her potential business partner. "It saddens me to see this once brilliant Academy, turned into such a..." She tried to think of the word, "mediocre world." To be honest the Imperial had more than a disdain for it. "There is a need for a much more sophisticated hand here." Heading toward one of the upper shopping floors she whispers to Sumiko. "Do you feel like reliving our 'archaeological expedition' on Lehon, here?"

tumblr_neua06TIRJ1qfnxzjo3_250.gif
"Mr. Grey, I presume." She greets just as they reach one of the upper floors.

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Valessia Brentioch"], [member="Haytham Kaze"]

"'Tis a pity. The air is still rank with the stench of Republic incompetence and mismanagement," Sumiko said with an air of disdain. The Republic and the Jedi had been considered a Main Enemy by the Atrisian Empire, even though they'd been allied for a short span of time.

The Empire was no more and the Republic was a shadow of its former self, but her terribly low opinion of it remained. Fortunately, Carida was no longer under the thumb of the Senate. "That does sound enticing, darling," she whispered, when Valessia brought up their...archaeological pursuits. It was then that they ran into Mr Grey. He was supposed to be a businessman interested in textile design. In other words, this was largely Valessia's arena. Sumiko was here as a bodyguard and arm candy.

On the surface, the man appeared completely ordinary when she laid eyes on him. Nothing to suggest that he might be a Master of the Dark Side. An aura of mundanity surrounded him. The illusion was well-crafted, for it was the same technique Palpatine had used to fool the Jedi Council into thinking he was just a mild-mannered politician and not an insidious Sith. It was also a technique Sumiko was very familiar with since she'd employed it herself.

The Inquisition had taught her how to conceal herself and hide in plain sight by cloaking herself with the Dark Side. Illusions tended to dissipate when you questioned them and she was an experienced illusionist, but deconstructing it would take time. In her mind she could perceive a cloud surrounding the businessman, shielding his true nature from inspection. The aura had to be deliberately crafted, for something seemed to be seeking to block her from further inspection by convincing her mind there was nothing to see.

She would not be able to pierce the thick fog and try to gain more insight on him without devoting a lot more concentration, which would tip their supposed businesspartner off, so she did not try. However, a logical supposition was that he was a Force-user and a strong one. She could see embers of dark power inside his aura, but darksiders were plentiful these days.

Naturally she would not know that he was a Sith Lord or a major player in the Sith Triumvirate. Ultimately, she did not care much about his alignment, unless it put Valessia at risk. She put on a polite smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Sumiko Tanaka, a close friend of Lady Brentioch's," she said cordially. Well, they were more than dear friends.

Haytham Kaze

Athyssius, or rather, Matthaeus Grey appeared to be quite pleasant when the two approached. He was quite the actor after all. He had decided long ago that if he was going to be perceptive within the Force and to sense illusions, he may as well employ what others would use to fool him. Of course, his own expertise in perceiving what one was underneath the surface wasn't in play here. He was Matthaeus Grey, a business man apparently working from nothing but the bottom of his heart.

For the less fortunate citizens within Triumvirate Space.

But more importantly for the Children of the Triumvirate. Those orphaned after Ruusan. Any child that found themselves without parents had a spot reserved for them when the Ruusan Orphanage was finished construction.

"Lady Brentioch," he said, his previously clasped hands separating from each other as he tilted forwards slightly, inclining himself politely to the duo. "You look lovelier than one would guess," he complimented with a pleasant enough smile. Turning his head smoothly to [member="Sumiko Tanaka"] he maintained that smile for her as well.

She wasn't as attractive as her counterpart, [member="Valessia Brentioch"], but his facial features didn't show his inner thoughts thankfully as he crafted his next words carefully. "Lady Tanaka," he said, trying out her name aloud for the first time. "It is my pleasure to have the opportunity of entertaining two women such as yourselves today." That as good enough, right?

Behind him, there was an assortment of shops to get a variety of beverages.

"Tea, perhaps?" He questioned, turning his large frame to the side so they could see past him and to the shops.

Perhaps it was the only flaw in his facade.

A businessman built like a warrior. But, they knew little enough about him. He knew he could fabricate the story he needed if the questions came.

Valessia Brentioch

V
A close friend? Valessia knew how to play her cool, but suffice to say she was thinking of ways to repay the Atrisian for such pleasantries. She smiled toward Mr. Grey, "thank you, you are too kind." She watched his behavior with Ms. Tanaka, and thanked him for the idea of tea. "Tea sounds lovely, though I doubt if any of the shops here will have anything exquisite." It was a mediocre, former Republic world. "What about you my dear?"

Valessia turns to Sumiko and there's a look. She gives Sumiko a coy smile and asks, "you are such a good friend of mine, Ms. Tanaka, do you have any recommendations?" She's like a cat with a cheshire grin right now. The mall was busy with commerce and its populace had little care for who these people were.

"Mr. Grey," she turns her attention back toward her potential business partner. "In your letter, you disclosed your wish to discuss textiles as it relates to children's clothing, did you not?" Straight to it, Valessia didn't wish to beat around the TIE fighter as it were. She motioned for them to walk toward a nearby tea shop, calling itself Tealucks. "I am more than happy to design a textile for your company, what did you have in mind for your fabrics?"

As they walked, Valessia slipped her hand into Sumiko's giving the former Inquisitor a knowing look, as she turned her attention back to Mr. Grey.

[member="Haytham Kaze"], [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

So they exchanged pleasantries. Mr Grey made flattering comments about both of them. How sincere they were was another question. Sumiko was rather sexist as far as men were concerned. "Thank you, Mr. Grey," Her tone was as cordial as ever. His warrior's physique did not escape her eye.

The body of a man who'd spent more time on the battlefield than in business meetings. She suspected Matthaeus Grey was an alias, but she was wearing a mask as well. The pendant that graced her neck was actually a hold-out bolter since she liked to be prepared for unpleasant scenarios.

Her own mind was closed off and protected from scrutiny by strong mental barriers. It had been an essential skill for a former Inquisitor and spook. She could still remember [member="Mirien Valdier"] teaching her the importance of keeping your mind safe...by completely wrecking her at the time rather feeble defences and putting her through an agonising amount of pain. It had been very educational!

Valessia's reaction to her wording gave her pause though. She looked like a cat with a cheshire grin right now. Sumiko could not find that look alluring. Truth be told, she was new to the whole being sort of in a relationship thing and a rather private person. It was probably the result of growing up in a rather paranoiac environment, though Val brought out a different, more spontaneous side in her.

"So good friends that the tabloids say we're joined at the hip, yes?" she joked brightly. "I believe the Tealucks is a good choice. I know the brand and it's better than the average substandard Republic tea, my dear, though it cannot compare to Atrisian." Eyes drifted to the shop for a moment. It annoyed her a bit that the proud military base had been turned into a mall of all things. She threaded their fingers together when Valessia's hand slipped into hers.

Conversation turned to business since Valessia was not the sort to beat around the TIE fighter. It was one of the things Sumiko liked about her. "Valessia's corporation makes lovely textiles and she has a very good eye for quality," she added. "I understand your company is engaged in providing child relief and manufacturing children's products."

Haytham Kaze

He nods at the confirmation at the suggestion of tea.

Polite as ever, he addressed the questions that were asked of him.

"I did," he said in response. Curiosity tugged at his mind for [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]. It didn't take a genius to figure that the atrisian wasn't comfortable with being so... Forward about the females duo. Perhaps, she was private? Likely so, he could understand. He didn't voluntarily go around talking about his own lover publicly.

His lips cracking slightly into an upwards curve as he barely smirked at the exchange between the two. "Yes... Forgive me, I am not as innovative as a businessman as I should. But, in regards to my... Children." Yes. That would make him seem much more closer to the operation than he actually was. His expression almost made it seem that he had been searching for the right word when he spoken the word. "Plush and fleece products are ideal." He didn't think he needed to describe his reasoning for such.

They were soft and warm.

With that reasoning in mind, the idea was to make the children feel more at home within the Ruusan Orphanage.

"With that in mind, I was of the mind of a... One size fits all. Thoughts?"

She was evidently more experienced with the subject. Having her help would of course be quite helpful.

After Sumiko's commenting, he offered a nod of his head at the comment. Smiling, he continued on to say, "Yes. Though, not only child relief. Children are not the only ones that are left behind when their parents, whether soldiers are not are taken from this world." Despite his flaws as a Lord of the Sith, the subject and motivation behind such a project was purely from the heart. It was pure. As a Jedi, his duty had been to kill and fight to protect others. As a businessman, he could build and create and appear to not raise a hand to address war.

Turning his head to the Atrisian, there was almost a knowing smile on his face. He was knowledgeable enough on the Atrisian Empire to know that they fought with the late Galactic Empire many years ago. In fact, they were quite heavily involved with them. Glancing down to the ground and then back up to [member="Valessia Brentioch"]. "I'm sure we can all agree that the legacies we leave behind after passing are of the utmost importance."

Valessia Brentioch

V
[member="Haytham Kaze"] and Valessia's beloved [member="Sumiko Tanaka"] made their way into Tealucks, there they spotted a corner table that was tucked just out of view of the main entrance. It was a small, chic little shop that held 'artifacts' from 'around' the galaxy, but were made on some backwater planet and shipped on the cheap. Valessia had remained quiet until they walked into the shop, it had not escaped her attention how the poor unfortunate Mr Grey stumbled on his words, nor did it escape her eyes of his physique or how he faltered on his words.

"Now." Her voice shifts into something a little lower, but as far as the untrained person can tell this was simply confidence and as far as the trained person knew, it was just a transition into her bravado. The same bravado she put on for the First Order, but it was rooted in her deep belief of the Empire. "You say, you're looking for a one-size, fits all?" Her eyes, her eyes spoke of something more than confidence. What Valessia couldn't control because she still had little idea that she was even gifted in the force, even if it surrounded her like the dark blood that swam in her veins. "Mhmm," There was that little lift in her lips as she thought of Mr. Grey's words, "those poor unfortunate souls."

She turned to Sumiko with her 'pity,' she took her Atrisian's hand in hers. "What will be the legacy of those poor children who suffer across this galaxy." And then she turns her face toward her lover, her galpal as the Brentaalan tabloids like to say. "Children deserve more than just a one-size fits all solution." She then turned her attention back to that of Mr. Grey, as she looked up at a menu of Tealuck's latest selections that were outlined on a board behind the cashier. "I'll have what you are having, dear, you know tea better than I."

And now as she looked at Mr. Grey, "plush and fleece for the young ones, yes but children grow, and they grow into teenagers, and into young adults." She was going to harp on his words, "and if these children, your children are as important to you as you say, then perhaps we could discuss multiple lines?"

"But yes, Mr Grey, we can all agree that the legacies we leave behind are of the utmost importance." And while Mr Grey's eyes had lingered on Lady Brentioch, it was clear her eyes lingered on Ms Tanaka... A smile toward Mr Grey as she says to him with a grin, "and that is why I believe we can do a little better than just plush and fleece, Mr Grey."

Grey's verbal stumbling and the fact that he'd been checking out Valessia did not escape Sumiko, though outwardly her expression remained unchanged. However, she took her girlfriend's arm along the way. Not in a proprietary, possessive way, but definitely more in a coupley one than before.

Tealucks was a nice, chic shop and thus acceptable enough. When Valessia spoke, Sumiko definitely recognised the voice, for she knew it very well. It was the one the Scion used when she wanted to get something. It was kind of a turn-on. The transition into a bravado that Sumiko secretly adored. Unconscious use of the Force, but she knew the Scion had the gift.

Valessia's hand found hers and she threaded their fingers together. Both sets of fingers slid in perfectly together. "I suggest the Tao Pai tea, my dear. It's a good brand and actually Atrisian. Produced by Atrisian expats," she said in response after checking the menu.

"I agree about the children. We want to nurture them and give them the best of care. Especially those who've endured terrible losses in wars, lost parents, siblings or been displaced and so on. I know from experience how much they suffer due to such tragedies from the events of my homeworld."

To be specific, she was referencing the Reign of Terror during the reign of Madeline Kahoshi, and the civil war the country was thrown into after she was assassinated. Sumiko came from Old Atrisia, before it was taken over by the One Sith or anyone had heard about them for that matter. Back when it had tried to reclaim the glory of the old Galactic Empire. Force-users were treated with distrust, if not outright hated, but at the same time utilised, till the regime turned on them. "Out of interest, where is your company based, Mr Grey? I read your holonet site, but I'm afraid the planet's name slipped my mind." Actually it hadn't, but she was asking anyway.

Haytham Kaze

There was a way she spoke that he hadn't expected. A single crack through that perfect expression as his lips twitched for the briefest of moments, shrinking the smile on his lips as his mind raced in... Surprise? Irritation? Controlling the Cloud of the Force that surrounded his person? No, that was fine. Raising a hand to his face, he pushed it through his shoulder length hair before that crack was as best remedied as possible.

"Of course the one size fits all is for the youngest of children. Much of the children that are coming, are young, the older ones have the idea that fighting would be better." Through the Force, a flare of amusement at the notion. They were children of course. Only a few years younger than when he had joined the Galactic Republic as a Jedi Padawan. Some children were Force Sensitive, those children were manipulated by others better than the Sith Lord into the ranks of the Triumvirate's Sith Order and had already begun training at the resident Citadel of the capital. "Eventually, when the business takes off designs will be up to the ever active mind of the children." With some modifications of course.

Lips twitching again at the earlier slight he was still suffering from, he was of the mind to snap the noble's neck with a flick of his wrist and to test her... Lady friend.

Folding his hands in his lap neatly, he said, "The idea was for multiple designs for a single children's line. From there, adolescents and adults have a variety of job options. Whether they wish to continue working with the company is their choice, or if they wish to enlist with the Triumvirate. When that happens, as Triumvirate citizens and soldiers, their clothing is out of my control. For the most part anyway." Contrary to what he said, if they did certainly enlist, they were wholly his responsibility. They were introduced to the rigorous training of the Triumvirate's Stormtrooper Corps immediately.

The thought of multiple lines for different age groups hadn't occurred to him. His first thoughts were that he hadn't wanted to rely too heavily on the woman, lest she hold it over him in some way in the future... With his experience in the Sith, he came to understand that there were many that were much more imaginative than he was. A hard truth, but a truth nonetheless.

Why be a thinker when you could have others do it for you?

That had been a thought that had passed through his mind when he first came under Orcus's tutelage.

After being consumed by his thoughts, he lowered his grey gaze to the menu and lifted it, as if he was actually looking at it as he answered the Lady Tanaka.

"Ruusan. The capital of the Sith Triumvirate, recently invaded."

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"], [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Valessia Brentioch

V
"Ruusan." Valessia let the planet's name slip from her lips. There was something about it that did seem familiar, "believe you were reviewing the morning news, Jedi invaded, had they not?" She asks her beloved, "pity that they seem to have forgotten their roots." She doesn't really care one way or the other, for Valessia was never taken by the Republic nor the Empire to train. In fact, her parents ensured that she would not understand her powers, her gifts. As a child, her family visited Dromund Kaas supposedly they were there on business, but in reality, her father wanted to confirm his suspicions.

His wife, Carmina and her line descended from a Banite era force user, but he discovered something more. Something much, much darker that a Dark Lord by the name of Darth Nox. Who had been a member of the Dark Council during the Old Republic era. Back when the allegiances of many were much easier to understand or at least comprehend. Valessia was not present during these meetings, no she had wandered off into a tomb with a friend, or two...

Needless to say, the end result of this, has been wiped from Valessia's mind. Robbed of the opportunity to understand her full destiny, and here she sat as a simple minded noble with rather mediocre goals in life. Not even her lover is aware of her heritage, and how can she be? When not even Valessia is aware of the truth, although one might wonder what could become of her should she learn such a truth.

It was interesting that this man, before her, had no future goals for his business which struck her as highly suspicious. But then, not everyone had been raised on a commerce-driven world. "Even older children should like the idea of choice, and military uniforms can be, practical, functional and with good taste." She steps up to order, "two orders of Tao Pei, thank you." Valessia swipes her credit chip and side steps to allow Mr. Grey to order his tea.

"Then might I ask, are you looking for a production of clothing strictly for the Triumvirate or for the galaxy at large, and if this is for the Triumvirate are we discussing educational uniforms? If so we should perhaps discuss the needs of outfitting an academy befitting the Triumvirate." Valessia's lips tightened she thought more on Ruusan and how that played into Mr. Grey's being with her here, today on Carida. While it was true that as of now, her ladyship had no loyalties to any major faction, it was no secret that she held the First Order dear to her heart and saw them as the true successor to the Empire. Still, that wouldn't keep her from finding a worthy investor. "And if this line of fabric, of clothing, are they going to go directly to Ruusan then perhaps we could discuss something more practical? Who knows when these foolhardy Jedi might try to strike again, and there are so many different orders."

Accepting the two cups of tea, she handed one to Sumiko, "here you are my dear, let us hope the tea is as good as advertised." As their hands touched a flicker of dark power surged (feels like getting a shock after you've rubbed your socks on the carpet for a bit too long), and Valessia looked more annoyed about it than she wanted to. Motioning to the back table, "shall we have a seat." She takes her seat with her back to the wall, keeping her eyes out toward the front of the shop. Taking the moment to sip her tea, she relents, "not nearly as good as yours, my dear."

Relaxing a bit she takes her coat off and places it on the back of her chair. "Tell me, Mr. Grey, your children inspired you to get into the business of clothing and fashion?" It was always good to hear where it was your potential business partner had their heart and if their heart was in their business. Where were their passions, she watched his facial expressions, studying his body language and she had to wonder for a moment to what end did he want to speak with her. She had not once, ever seen an interest in her materials or products from him nor the Triumvirate. Perhaps he had seen a holo of her show on Bespin? Possibly but doubtful, if only because her line of business didn't exactly attract all that many viewers.

[member="Haytham Kaze"], [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

The cracks in 'Grey's expression did not go unnoticed. You did not survive for a long time in the Inquisition without being able to read people. Your life depended on it. Self-control was also an important skill, rather than resorting to violence out of pettiness.

The crack in the facade was only momentary, as were the violent urges, but that sufficed. Sumiko's eyes narrowed slightly. That was the only change in her expression. But she was prepared if Grey suddenly turned violent. Her lightsabre was concealed, but within reach. Hold-out bolter masquerading as a pendant hung around her neck.

By now she'd concluded their supposed business partner was a Sith. Force Clouding was an old Sith technique used to mask their dark side powers from Jedi. Of course, it was not exclusive to Sith anymore. His company was based on Ruusan, the capital world of the Sith Triumvirate. Sumiko would not be surprised if it also served the purpose of transmitting Triumvirate values to the children so that they'd grow up to be good, Sith-loyal citizens. Why? Because that's how things would have been on Atrisia and she'd have done the same. Self-interest was easier to comprehend than altruism. Finally, his demeanour, including how his facade cracked once under pressure. The principle of Occam's Razor applied.

"Yes, I was catching up on the news about it this morning, darling," she spoke, looking towards Valessia. "The Coalition retreated in ignominy after failing to claim their 'Holy Valley'. I'm amused by the reports that most of their soldiers who actually contributed in the battle were not 'lightsiders', but 'dark Jedi' and rogues. But then most Jedi are pathetic hypocrites. The planet was already a wasteland before."

Its sole value lay in the Valley of the Jedi, which had been kind of desecrated. "I don't have the details, but I heard that somehow a portal was opened to the Netherworld and people got sucked in. Grim stuff. Fortunately, the Triumvirate is investing in reconstruction. The poor unfortunate souls caught in the crossfire do deserve the best of care." She'd actually been sucked into hell during Akala's big temper tantrum. The ghosts of the people she'd killed had been terribly whiny. Not so long ago Sumiko might have been tempted to show up on the battlefield. For which side? Whoever offered her the most. Studying the rift event was still tempting, but she was a lot more settled now.

Her tea arrived and she gave Valessia a smile. "Thank you, dear." They sat down. A flicker of dark power surged when their hands made contact. Bit like a slight electrical zap. Sumiko's expression remained the same, but she felt the annoyance inside Valessia and stroked her hand gently to put her at ease. She took a sip from her tea and chuckled a bit. "No, not as good mine, but satisfactory. I'll make a cup just for you when we're home."

Haytham Kaze

Whether they noticed the crack in his features mattered not to the young Sith Lord. Whatever he had to do to play the part of the businessman. Simply rising up and using the Force in a blind rage wasn't expected. He wanted to keep it that way. His former Master had made it clear that they were the Triumvirate and the Sith Triumvirate did things differently to how the One Sith operated. The One Sith killed and fought whoever they wanted, the Triumvirate had a purpose.

He aimed to breathe life into that purpose.

Good taste.

He stepped up to order after the two women. "Red leaf tea," he responded as his eyes followed [member="Valessia Brentioch"] and [member="Sumiko Tanaka"] stepping off to the side. The thought of only providing for the Triumvirate crossed his mind, but in their part of the Galaxy there weren't nearly as many people as on other planets. "Both strictly for the Triumvirate and for the rest of the Galaxy," he answered after a brief pause of thought. Bet if he had more options for revenue anyway. "Though... Not to the Republic." He continued speaking as if he hadn't said anything wrong. "Kark the Republic." He said with a pleasant smile that immediately followed his words.

"Education uniforms would be excellent. The design for said uniform should be primarily black, with a red design along the sides, or perhaps down the centre?" He was already imagining, not that he had the mind for this sort of thing, but he was combining previous uniforms he had seen and his own ideas to come up with an array of ideas. "Should one of these numerous... Religious orders decide to attack the Triumvirate again, I'm absolutely certain, that the Triumvirate will be prepared." After all, that was his department within the faction. Military affairs. His tea was deposited in front of him and he followed after the two women to the table. Within moments, he was taking a seat.

"My children... Yes, they did inspire me. Though it was hardly just them. My mentor also had an orphanage on Coruscant." It was true, Darth Orcus had an orphaange on Coruscant when he stilled served the One Sith. It was destroyed by an unknown entity, and before Athyssius had slain him, the Herglic had accused the Silver Jedi of the ones having done so. He deemed saying that was his motive was safe. There were plenty of shelters and orphanages on the city-planet that was Coruscant. Of course, few were as prestigious as Orcus's he imagined. What with the backing of the One Sith. It was destroyed before he had come into his service so long ago. He had never seen it, but it was cemented in his mind that it was extravagant.

Ever the truthful soul, "He's dead now. Slain by those false Jedi," he said. Before he could be asked though, he continued, "He lived in Olmondo, as ruinous as the city already was, but he took up arms to defend his home. He was cut down in the Valley of the Jedi. "

"What of you, Lady Valessia? What are your own inspirations for being in this business?"

Valessia Brentioch

V
Placing her hands on the table she sipped her cup and looked to Sumiko first, "thank you dear." And then turns her attention to Mr. Grey and listened to him speak so openly about his life or rather what motivate him, she supposed. Valessia smiled at his answer to her question although it did little to warm her heart, she suspected something of him but did not let it play out here. No, instead she heard his story, and his story of false Jedi and his poor unfortunate slain mentor. Sumiko's presence did a lot for her for one, she hadn't made some excuse and made haste for the exit. Second, she hadn't become so cocky and arrogant as to ask him certain questions.

Mr. Grey asked what inspired Valessia to be in the business, and it was so vague she almost wanted to ask which. A Brentaalan has many interests and invests in several businesses although it is true her heart is with fashion and fabrics, textile designs mostly. She's been working on placing orders to several companies including ATC and ARGH to study the material they've produce thus far. "I've always had an interest in textile, I mostly focus on military wear and how to best improve dress uniforms, and typical uniform wear on bases or starships. Not every Imperial man or woman wore armor as thick as the plastoid that troopers wear. And even then their under armor could use improvements." She spoke earnestly, "though I suspect most in the Galaxy can claim some sort of Imperial heritage."

Then, she also suspected most could claim that they were some Banite descendant, or Revanite or whatever famed bloodline. She kept those thoughts silent and simply concluded with, "in essence, it is the Empire that inspires me. Truly, I've been obsessed with them since I was a child I own a great deal of memorabilia and artifacts."

"As for the uniforms for your children," Valessia nurses her cup of tea, "I will need the climate in which these children will be living, what activities they will be conducting, and if you wish to have additional styles, shirts and undergarments for the children to wear underneath. Any special embroidery such as patches with unit numbers." She could produce the fabric necessary, and have an order cut on behalf of Mr. Grey.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"] [member="Haytham Kaze"]

[member="Haytham Kaze"], [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

The Sith's life story and his tale of how his mentor had been slain did not warm Sumiko's heart. However, she strongly disliked Jedi, so the Silvers' humiliation at humiliation at Ruusan pleased her. Same applied to the Republic's general plight. Fortunately, it seemed the conversation was being steered into more productive waters as they talked about business.

Personally, Sumiko was a bit less enamoured by all things Imperial than Valessia. Atrisia had lived and breathed old Empire - or at least tried to. Jar'kai being consumed by flames had been a fitting judgement for its rulers' treason. She was fully on board when it came to helping Valessia rise up on Brentaal though. Same with gaining a foothold in the First Order. They seemed more like the real deal.

Remind me to take you artefact hunting again some time, she thought to herself when Valessia brought up her collection. There was a certain sentient Sith sword that would absolutely love to meet the Scion. For the time being she was content to let the two talk since it was about Valessia's business. The Atrisian was not excessively chatty unlike a certain Countess this one also writes. Her foot might have briefly brushed against the noblewoman's. No kiddies were hurt during the writing of this post.

Haytham Kaze

He listened intently as [member="Valessia Brentioch"] spoke.

When she made mention of how much of the Galaxy could claim some Imperial heritage, he couldn't help but smirk and nod his head as he said, "Yes, in some form or another." Whether it was the Galactic Empire, and it's various forms that it had appeared in after ranging all the way to Fel Empire, or whether it had been the last Sith Empire to truly exist under that name, much of the Galaxy had been ruled by an Empire. Saying that much of the modern Galaxy was birthed from Imperials, would be in fact truth.

"Do you?" He inquired, feigning his interest to her claim of possessing Imperial artifacts. "If only I had been as fortunate as you were growing up," he stated.

The statement gave way thoughts he wouldn't have expected.

Would I be the same?

Would my path have deposited in the same place?

Or would I hold contempt for those who I aim to lead and protect? It didn't matter of course, he was where he was now. It wouldn't change for better or worse if he wondered what he'd be doing in an alternate life had he a different upbringing.

"Ruusan's climate varies. The facility they will be staying in will have controlled temperatures. However, flexibility and comfort is a must. Their activities... As any child's activities should be, no? They'll be taught by those that are accurately capable of teaching the history of the Galaxy, and those that protect them. Perhaps, even an occasional in-depth lesson with one of the many Sith that fought on the planet." There was a shrug of his powerful shoulders. "Identification patches will be distributed by my own personnel," he concluded.

[member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

Valessia Brentioch

V
"With every fortune, there is an unfortunate aspect," Valessia remarked, "the grass is not always greener, as they say."

While it was true, she had grown up with a silver spoon. There were challenges, pressures and other negatives to living with power and money from a young age. Worse, you knew your place, whereas a plebian might have the ability to move their way up the ladder. Patricians were at the top and thus the challenge was to maintain that position or to obtain an even higher one. She took note that he would be doing the patches on his own terms and made a note to get an up to date climate reading of Ruusan in order to better design and create the fabrics necessary for the children.

"Children are very active this is true, some, more active than others." Valessia paused and thought on Mr. Gray's statements regarding the Sith and she looked to her beau, [member="Sumiko Tanaka"] and then back to [member="Haytham Kaze"]. "The Sith have a long and varied history, I'm sure as the children grow older they'll want to seek more knowledge, and to this I wish them and you, Mr. Gray the best of luck."

She looked down at her teacup for a moment and then jotted down another note on sizing charts for children. "I should be able to get you an accurate estimate with this information once I'm back at my office on Brentaal IV. Is there a particular contact you wish me to note or should I send you a holo directly, Mr. Gray?" She referred to the estimate and where she would send it and, "and of course, the designs, if you already have them you may contact San Guinem on Brentaal IV, someone at the front desk will transfer you to me."

"Did you have any other comments or concern before I get to work on your uniforms, Mr. Gray?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom