Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Amexol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bpGVSdr.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MdlyM7w8PM[/youtube]​
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XS9_KwGVg[/youtube]​

ap0Tydk.png

7klpHMF.png

6e9bcuG.png

• Classification: Drug/Medicine
  • Method of Consumption: Orally, Inhalation - It is safe to use continuously, however it is highly likely the patient will become unconscious
  • Average Life: It is designed for continuous use, however single use, the beneficial portions of the drug dissipate near instantly into the body and only effect it for a few hours
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/Purpose: Provides sustenance to the body, satisfying food and water intake. Those with Bacta allergies may not be able to use this. Rarely, patients can have panic attacks and hyperventilate, or while being unconscious a patients vital systems may fail if exposed for too long (The body may shutdown, however very unlikely, after several years of use). The purpose is for healing and body growth

xlcFSSw.png

• Sedation
  • Healing
  • Continuous Sustenance
  • Compatible with all non-poisonous or acidic chemicals and medicines
  • Absorbed into the Body through the lungs
  • Promotes Body Growth

Strengths:
  • Healing - Provides the body of an organism healing of their wounds
  • No Refill - The substance slowly replicates itself, not on any production value, but compared to how often an organic body 'breathes.' The oxygen and nutrients needed for a body continues throughout use for a single patient and never runs out, but medicine will always need to be added.
  • Absorbed - Amexol is 'breathed' or sucked into the lungs, in which the substance is absorbed, giving additional benefits to the body. The chemicals, agents, and/or medicines used in addition to Amexol are forced separately from the main compound, to avoid mixing, however can be easily accepted into the body just the same.
Weaknesses:
  • Rare Side Effects But Hazardous - While it is unlikely for any bad situation to occur, if one does happen, it is guaranteed fatal to the patient. Its sedation effects to make the patient unconscious are to prevent panic attacks and hyperventilation, however they can cause the body to shut down.
  • Compatibility - While it works with any medicine, it is also not a good thing. Poisons or acids can be stealthily added to the mix, without anyone knowing. They also break down the substance and may convert it to a lethal substance that is unknowingly absorbed into the body
  • No Immunity - Amexol is not resistant to viruses, harmful bacteria, or other sicknesses. They can easily thrive in a container of Amexol, spread, and contaminate it beyond anything that can be fixed

2hVrjkv.png

Amexol was a healthy and less costly variant to Kuat Drive Yards as an alternative to Kolto or Bacta. Without the necessary hardware required in a bacta tank, such as oxygen tubes or other obstructive devices, a patient could be freely suspended in the fluid. Of course, other devices would be used to monitor a patients lifesigns, whether a scanner was used, or physical devices. However, Amexol had very many redeeming qualities, where it could be absorbed instead of using invasive practices. It could heal wounds and keep a patient healthy with sustenance. Still, it was problematic. The first trial runs caused patients to hyperventilate, which the fluid wasn't able to compensate. Their bodies demanding more and more oxygen, but the fluid couldn't keep up, causing horrendous results. The method to fix this problem, however, also presented further problems. The key rule when using Amexol is to be gentle, slow, and make a comfortable environment - and also give the patient breaks from Amexol if they absolutely need to be within a vat for more than five years.

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"]

Kuat Drive Yards said:
  • No Refill - The substance slowly replicates itself, not on any production value, but compared to how often an organic body 'breathes,' it never needs to be refilled or cycled.
All it takes is one dose and a person is good forever? Sounds a bit bad for business, if you ask me. And a little unbalanced considering it also heals a person's wounds. On that note, how fast does it heal one's wounds? Is there a limit to how sever a wound can be before it you really need to see medical attention? Like, can it regenerate a loss limb or broken bone?

[member="Elani Zambrano"]

"No Refills" is meant for massive vats. It can't refill fast enough if you 'inhale' a 'capsule' amount. Inhaling a capsule amount can mess you up as its supposed to cycle through your lungs multiple times to continue to administer sustenance and medicine. I mean it is oxygenated enough to last awhile in a single dose but you'll probably start gagging eventually. It provides sustenance when 'breathed' and only healed when 'applied' to the wound (within a vat). It's not a bandage or a pill, and it isn't like a jar of something you can just drink and digest. I don't see it as overpowered, in fact I see it as troublesome compared to Bacta. I only based its regeneration capabilities on Bacta. Meaning it has the same limitations as Bacta. It doesn't heal instantaneously, but it can heal many wounds, as long as the patient is in suspended animation and is allowed enough time in the Amexol to heal. Its not portable to be on the battlefield, its meant to be exactly like bacta tanks but not any battlefield treatment.

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"] So, what is the difference between this and Bacta?

Also, I'm slightly confused by how it is consumed. Your wording has me feeling some type of way. So, it can either be used in a tank like bacta but also can be inhaled? I presume when it is inhaled it is in some kind of gas form? Need a bit more clarification on that.

[member="Elani Zambrano"]

Liquid Breathing
Liquid breathing is a form of respiration in which a normally air-breathing organism breathes an oxygen-rich liquid (such as a perfluorocarbon), rather than breathing air.

Perfluorochemical (perfluorocarbon) molecules have very different structures that impart different physical properties such as respiratory gas solubility, density, viscosity, vapor pressure, and lipid solubility.[1] Thus, it is critical to choose the appropriate PFC for a specific biomedical application, such as liquid ventilation, drug delivery or blood substitutes. The physical properties of PFC liquids vary substantially; however, the one common property is their high solubility for respiratory gases. In fact, these liquids carry more oxygen and carbon dioxide than blood.[2]

In theory, liquid breathing could assist in the treatment of patients with severe pulmonary or cardiac trauma, especially in pediatric cases. Liquid breathing has also been proposed for use in deep diving[3][4] and space travel.[5] Despite some recent advances in liquid ventilation, a standard mode of application has not yet been established.

It isn't consumed, at least, it isn't taken into the body and digested. When applied to a wound, it is not in a bandaid, a patch, or whatever else. It can only be applied to a wound when it touches a wound during the patients suspended animation in a Tank. Otherwise, the patient is made to breathe liquid into their lungs, and their lungs absorb the necessary nutrients and medicines. My Primary Sources hold 2 Wikipedia Links which will make it entirely more understandable.

It is only to be used in a "Bacta Tank" and inhaled. However, the liquid is not 'consumed' when breathed, only certain parts are absorbed (medicine, liquid, oxygen and nutrients for the body). There is no gas form.

The difference between this and Bacta is that Amexol can not be used in any other form, such as a Bacta Patch, or Bacta Grenade. It is as slow as Kolto when healing, but "seems to be effective against almost every type of injury and ailment across an incredible cross-section of species throughout the galaxy" just like Bacta. It is Liquid-breathing inhaled, unlike Kolto and Bacta which require oxygen masks. The "regeneration" of the substance is due to the bacteria and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fission_(biology)#Binary_fission]binary fission, where the bacteria cells divide. However, they do not divide in any fast manner enough to be divided and sold, dividied and sold. Amexol is good for a single patient, and never needs refilling for that patient, meaning they will always have oxygen and sustenance. Medicine must always be dispensed into the Tank, which will then be absorbed by the patient. In theory, Amexol can keep a person in suspended animation forever, but eventually their body will grow old and die or their organs will shut down. It will provide everything a growing body needs and further beyond adulthood that is necessary to survive.

I hope I have worded this in a way you understand, and I am available to making edits and clarifications as necessary to the submission. I have gone ahead and edited the "No Refill" to be more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom