Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amaranthine

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
ebonhawk.gif

MANAAN
AHTO CITY, INNER RIM

INTERACTING WITH: [member="Nilia Saavilin"]
Trade.

Manaan was the home to the Selkath, a sentient aquatic species who are native to the ocean-covered planet that Ar'ekk was visiting with the hope of finding the much needed parts to finishing building his new crossguard lightsaber.

The half masked man liked to visit places like these, filled with different people and aliens from all over the galaxy where they only had one single goal in conjunction: Credits. He had the money and they had the wares ready to be sold, the black markets being rampant everywhere you went yet you required a very good eye to spot the vendors who dealt in a legitimate manner and those who didn't.

"This is what you call fresh air."

Apparently, the only people in the docking bay were two workers busy enough carrying a massive crate. Silence was always strange in his eyes but loved it at the same time, conflictive feelings.

Something in the air felt different.

A tremor in the Force that he couldn't pinpoint it in a certain direction... It worked in mysterious ways.

Manaan, Central Market Place, Undetermined Time | I Want It All

Manaan was a beautiful planet, really.

Nilia smiled as she wandered through a small trading area, a small cadre of Sovereignty guards behind her. They cautiously scanned the area in front of their charge, ensuring her complete safety as she made her own way through the market stalls, exploring at her leisure. Dispatched to the Free Worlds Coalition's planet for... Trade talks, was it? To be honest, Nilia hadn't been charged with many duties throughout the discussions between local governments and had mostly been sent as a representative of the Senate so that she could attest to the legitimacy of the dealings back home on Eadu, so she hadn't been given many specifics. That mostly meant that she had an awful lot of free time on her hands, so she was free to travel where she wished. Under guard, of course.

This entire thing felt odd. There had been many more qualified members of her peers that could have attended these meetings instead of her, yet she'd been chosen to depart. Fate, indeed.

Passing by a couple stalls selling brightly-coloured trinkets, she paused to peruse with a pleasant smile, briefly making conversation with the merchant before something pulled her attention away. Lifting her head from a small crystal figurine she'd been eyeing, it wasn't her eyes or her hearing that drew her, but that sixth sense that had irrevocably linked her to a certain individual. Something, or someone, on this planet was like a magnet, and bidding farewell to the vendor, Nilia began to follow the feeling that called to her.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN
CENTRAL MARKET PLACE, IZERK THE DUROS' STORE

A large store in the west side of the central market caught the half masked man's attention, the Duros behind the counter offering wares that were pretty "interesting" and that you should specifically buy them from him. It could've been a trick or perhaps he really sold interesting items, either way he'd have to find out.

"W-welcome, welcome! I'm Izerk. You're looking for parts, huh? You seem like a Jedi, yes! Lightsaber parts, I have them. Guns, armor, detonators!"

The alien seemed to be somewhat energetic and impulsive, really eager to make a sell here. He showed Ar'ekk around the big store that seemed more like a small warehouse where he kept things inside massive cardboard boxes. Inside one of them were a bunch of salvaged lightsaber parts such as emitter cells, crystals and other modifications that would prove useful for his newly constructed elegant weapon for a more civilized time.

But then... Something caught his eye. A presence that came closer and closer to him, like it were in the back of his head. It drew him like a magnet.

He had to find out.

The Senator's soft brown eyes scanned the crowd ahead and around her, searching. Ever-searching. Perhaps it was that bond again, but since their last communication on Nar Haaska, Nilia had been left uncertain about the status of that; He'd left so suddenly after feeling so dark, that it had left her shaken and almost unable to complete her duties at the party. Could that mean it had finally broken? Were they severed? No, that didn't feel possible. She would have known if it had been cut, like scissors to string. But she was so naive in the Force, maybe their light could extinguish and neither would be the wiser. Letting out a held breath, Nilia continued to move through the sea of people. They parted for her and her guards, though not much -- Everyone else had stuff to do, after all, and they didn't mind shoving past a politician and her watchdogs to get from point A to point B. Still, she searched the faces in the crowd, a confused feeling rising in her. She still had no idea what in the world was calling to her.

She moved away from the tourist-trapping kiosks and into the more technologically-geared section of the Manaan markets. These shops catered more to weaponsmiths and starship owners, hawking all sorts of deals on upgrades and raw materials for usage in all sorts of things. It was here, somewhere. The source of that feeling was in the area. Nilia's guards simply looked to each other and shrugged; Perhaps their charge was simply perusing to be polite, why else would she have dragged them down here?

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN
WEST MARKET PLACE, TECHNOLOGY AND SALVAGED PARTS SECTOR

Brushing shoulders with the amassed crowd in the market, Ar'ekk tried to seek the source of this constant murmur in his head. The Force had drawn him to come out of the Duros' store in a sudden hurry to find whatever was out there.

Curiously enough, this sensation was a familiar one yet couldn't really figure out its true meaning as he felt blinded by something. Without panicking, the half masked man continued to fervously search for something that was there despite not know what.

His eyes wandered around trying to figure out what to do or what to look for. It was confusing and so frustrating.

Without knowing at all, Nilia and Ar'ekk would've passed each other a few times now without realizing just yet...

Missed connections.

Stubbornly, Nilia turned in a full circle among the market crowd, searching with both her eyes and the Force. It was difficult, to say the least, and frustrating. Manaan was going to drive her insane if she couldn't find the source o--

There.

Like a holotape that had been playing back data incorrectly, Nilia's world suddenly came to a jarring stop as if forced to. It was the mask. He was looking away, his right side facing her, and it was utterly unmistakable. The lense, the coloring, the general design. Ar'ekk. Pushing past people and merchants, Nilia began to slowly make her way towards him, the Sovereignty guards scrambling to keep up with her sudden quick pace. She was nearly about to break into a jog before she caught up, nearly about to speak before something occurred to her.

This must be another vision, she realized, quickly holding her tongue, their bond must have manifested again. Damn it. Of course, this would have to happen while she was under surveillance. Swiftly turning her head she made a brief 'shoo' gesture to the confused security detail, who only glanced at the very real masked gentleman and their charge with neutral expressions. But, orders were orders, and the two stalked off knowing that they could locate the Senator at any time -- She did, of course, have some sort of trackable communicator on her person, and, well, they'd just need to locate the masked man again. Not too difficult.

"You seem better." If this was a vision, it was their most realistic yet. Perhaps they were closer in terms of physical location? Was he in Manaan's system? Speculation flooded her mind as she greeted the Jedi, unable to hide the delighted grin on her face.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN

The feeling hit him like a point-blank shot straight in the face. Something was not right about this. But the doors had already shut behind him, and he was in for the ride. The voice. Nilia.

How could this be?

Her voice felt clearer than before, like she was right there on Manaan. Turning around to face the young Senator, Ar'ekk noticed that her background wasn't visible like the other visions when their bond decided to flourish from time to time.

She was there, he knew it but couldn't spew it. Speechless as ever, cold in his feet and standing motionless trying to convey all the emotions going through his body. Who could say that a warrior, a man who faced Death itself on the battlefield couldn't talk to her?

Ironic, curious.

His eyes widened in surprise, definitely not expecting to meet out of the blue like this. It was real.

The surprise written all over Ar'ekk's face was enough to kickstart Nilia's subconscious. One single thought pulsed through her mind after seeing his shocked expression, and it carried the distinct aftertaste of mild panic with it.

Oh, kriff, this is real. This isn't a vision. We're actually standing in front of each other. Oh dear.

"I-- Um-- Right." She muttered, dropping her gaze as she quickly came to the same realization he did, her demeanor shifting in an instant from relieved and happy to immensely, overwhelmingly awkward. Taking a moment to collect herself from the fact that they had just come face to face for the first time since their two extremely intense connections before, the Senator managed a lopsided smile as she raised her head to look at his face, directing the conversation to other, more mundane things, "What, uh, brings you to Manaan? Jedi business?" Nilia spoke as if they were old friends, casually catching up. In some ways, they were, even if this was really their first true meeting. Her heart felt like it was going to crawl into her throat but she maintained her composure, shifting awkwardly as she waited for his reply with anticipation.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN

Feth. This is actually real, never thought it'd happen this way. The Force... you're tricky."

After collecting his thoughts and putting a much more regained facade to be able to speak with Nilia, Ar'ekk extended his open palm awkwardly enough and introduced himself. I mean, they knew each other from their earlier 'encounters' but never officially. Might as well start now with the right foot, make things less strange now that they've met for real.

"Pleased to meet y--. Oh, no. Not Jedi business, not at all. I'm here looking for parts."

Clearing his throat, the half masked man jerked his thumb towards the store that the Duros owned. Its interior was filled with salvaged spacecraft parts and other goodies, it reeked of oil and ancient machinery.

"How are you?"

She shook his hand and fully expected for something to happen. Anything. Would he drift off again back to wherever he'd come from the moment they touched? No, he didn't. Nilia just shook his hand, like normal people do, no Force effects or intensifying emotions, "Good. I'm doing good. I'm here on behalf of the Sovereignty." There wasn't any elaboration beyond that, and Nilia leaned past Ar'ekk to look at the shop with an inquisitive expression, nodding her head afterwards with his explanation of the store.

"Well... This is fortunate, I suppose," She continued speaking almost out of nervous habit, smiling awkwardly all throughout, "Would you mind some company? I have an eye for shopping." Well, she had an eye for anything other than technology, technically, but he didn't need to know of that. It was just an excuse to stay in each other's presence for a bit longer before duty pulled her back to the political sectors.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN

For a Senator, Nilia seemed to be pretty coy around people or maybe that was because of their sudden meeting in Manaan. Even then, he liked the way she awkwardly smiled and handled herself to cope with the awkwardness of the two. Ar'ekk was not an exception to this either as he felt the sweat beads drip down his forehead. This is so wrong. What am I doing?

"Well, of course. What are you looking for?"

His gaze dragged towards the two towering guards with obvious uniforms, watching his every move done and making sure that their person of interest wasn't put into any danger whatsoever. He was a Jedi, looked obviously like one, and certainly would definitely keep her and the entirety of Manaan safe in case something happened no matter how slim that chance was.

Their meeting would extend for a little longer.

"Well... I haven't really considered that," Nilia admitted, smiling in that same uncertain but excited manner as she glanced around the technology district, "You seem to be after something entirely different, I was just shopping like a tourist." Everything about this felt tilted or skewed to her, she was normally so good at handling a conversation with anyone and everyone but Ar'ekk simply felt, well.

Different. It was a good different. She thought it was a good different, anyways. She was certainly enjoying this however long it lasted, however long they had until fate saw fit to pull them apart again.

The guards stayed a far distance back now, clearly trusting the stranger in white to handle the Senator as best as he could. The strange pull of their Force bond felt overwhelmingly intense now that they were in such close proximity, like attracting magnets pulled together by the fabric of the universe. It was an experience Nilia would be thankful for.

"You said you were looking for parts? For what?"

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN

Unclipping his lightsaber from the utility belt, Ar'ekk held it in his hands to showcase it. The crossguard lightsaber was shiny and new, with a custom design plated with gold finishes. Very beautiful yet in its barebones, needing the last few upgrades and parts to finally call it a proper weapon.

An elegant weapon for more civilized times.

"I've found what I'm looking for."

A hidden truth laid beneath those words where the meaning could take both ways, it sounded strange at first but would finally make sense at the end. He blushed even though you couldn't see it underneath the mask and immediately the regret overtook him.

"Why did you say this? Kark!"

"Suppose we could take a good look around, the Selkath have many interesting things to sell."

Regarding the weapon with inquisitive eyes, Nilia gave it a look-over before nodding slowly, clearly impressed by the look of it, "Well, it's certainly a beautiful weapon." As he continued to speak she glanced up and nodded in agreement, seemingly not picking up on what he might have meant by his earlier comment, "Right. I'm sure we could find something. I haven't met a Selkath before coming here, but they're very friendly." Mentally, she kicked herself; her awful habit of nervous overtalking was cropping up again and it was always so hard to stop. The last thing she needed was her to say something utterly idiotic around him.

The markets were alive with all sorts of people and professions the young Senator had never seen before, going between keeping an almost watchful eye on Ar'ekk to watching the crowds with fascination. She half expected for him to flicker and vanish at any moment, for this all to be an elaborate trick or manifestation of the Force. So far nothing indicated this wasn't real, which was somehow more nervewracking.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN
CENTRAL MARKET PLACE

Putting his weapon away back in his belt, Ar'ekk nodded to Nilia as she suggested to take a look around the market. The Selkath were a peaceful species yet if you disrupted their daily lives with annoying actions you'd be in for a treat where they'd judge of many crimes in their self-imposed court with less-than-corrupt officials.

"That wouldn't hurt."

The two of them walked through every stall visible in the market of Manaan, each one of them had unique things to sell such as beautiful handmade clothes, souvenirs and other items useful for the more technology-advanced people. As a gesture of good will, Ar'ekk made the inquiry regarding a beautiful dress he saw on display. It wouldn't hurt if he made usage of his credits for a little gift, right?

"Greetings. I'd like to know the price for this beautiful piece."

Like an expected surprise, the seller was a Toydarian not very fond of Jedi. He didn't like bargains, gave you out-of-this-world prices and would only accept one type of currency. Even then, the price was fair and he could afford it.

"Hey, Jedi! You got money, yesss? I sell this to you for good price. One thousand credits! No bargain... no lower price!"

Almost instantly Nilia's face began to grow a deep pink colour as she realized his intent, glancing up at the Jedi with a bashful expression. He can't be, can he? "You don't have to do that.." Her voice was low and almost embarrassed as she witnessed the haggling start-- Toydarians seemed to enjoy bartering as a sport, Nilia had come to learn, she had yet to witness a sale between one and a customer that didn't involve it in some capacity, seemingly always ending the seller's favour as well --But 1000 credits seemed like a plain rip off.

Though, she would privately admit; it was a beautiful dress. Seemingly of an old design, but beautiful none-the-less. Vintage was in these days anyhow. But regardless of how she felt personally about the gift, already Nilia was instinctively reaching for her own wallet in the event she'd need to help chip in to offset the cost.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN
CENTRAL MARKET PLACE

Credits weren't an issue. His credit chip held more than he could ever want to carry personally but in the eventuality of finding really expensive parts or pieces that could be usable by himself, the credits would come in handy to have them around. This little token of appreciation was nothing, a selfless gesture for such a formidable person despite knowing her for just ten minutes or so.

"I insist, it's no problem."

TIt was a blatant rip-off if we're talking about the price but that didn't seem to bother Ar'ekk, the dress was beautiful and in a great condition despite the Toydarian's awful care of the rest of his wares. Untouched, you could say. Pointing his cybernetic finger towards the flappy alien, he spoke.

"Make sure it's wrapped up real nice, I don't want it stained or damaged."

Turning his head to Nilia and smiling widely, you could tell his mood had loosened up and felt more comfortable under her presence. Doing these type of things brought him serenity and joy, give to others without expecting anything in exchange. A valuable lesson learned to be kept around forever.

"Ooo, beautiful dress. I keep safe all times! You give it to beautiful girl, there. You lucky Jedi, heh-heh!"

Nilia grinned like a fool up at the masked man as he did as if in perfect sync, letting a low and gentle laugh out as she nodded in agreement. Lucky Jedi indeed. "Well... You got me something, so I suppose it's only fair I find something for you now." That same, partly-dastardly partly-heavenly smirk was affixed on her face as she waited for them to depart the stall with her gift in tow, a singular purpose in her mind now as they left the Toydarian behind. Now it was her moment.

She led them back around to the areas of the market she had been before, the tourist-trap stalls selling cheap knickknacks and baubles for visitors to Manaan. And that's where Nilia's search began, not even entertaining any protest or argument Ar'ekk himself might have had as she wandered from booth to booth, dragging him along as she inspected the comparatively worthless treasures -- Her own gift could have purchased a booth with what he had paid.

Eventually, Nilia to a stop at the booth of an elderly male Selkath. The merchant had so many wrinkles and folds on his amphibian-like skin that she could hardly make out his eyes among the puckered surface but she offered the seller a smile and a nod of her head in greeting, inspecting his wares. He sold elegant little crystal souvenirs, but one, in particular, caught her eye.

It was a chunk of raw stone wrapped in thin brass wire, connecting it to a thick black cord to make a necklace. The rock itself was unassuming and obviously of little to no value, but the color was gorgeous; a murky blue and grey tone, the shade of grey seas and storm-cloud skies. It reminded her of home, of Eadu. Gently reaching for it, the Senator simultaneously went for her credit chit. It was the perfect choice.

[member="Arekk"]

Arekk

MANAAN
CENTRAL MARKET PLACE

Eventually, the gift for Nilia would've been wrapped up and extended over to the Jedi for him to take. Holding it under one of his arms as Nilia dragged him along the market to find a stall where she could return the favor by giving him a present, Ar'ekk couldn't help but smile like a dork most of the time. He wasn't one to take gifts from people no matter the gesture but if that's what the young Senator wanted, then he couldn't say no to such noble offering.

"Now, you really know you don't have to do this!"

Truth the told, that's what he thought in that moment. Giving back without expecting anything in return had become his life motto but he knew better, you couldn't change her mind now. Her gift would have meaning, that's for sure.

Looking at the rock with steady attention and holding it in his hands, Ar'ekk's eyes glowed like two uncut diamonds. It was beautiful and thoughtful, perhaps making this little rock attuned to himself through the Force would create a deeper connection between the two. Just perfect.

"Here, help me put this on."

"Oh, right, of course." Nilia nodded, taking the necklace's cord in her hands. Reaching up, she slipped it over his head, careful to ensure it didn't get caught on his mask. Forced to balance on the tips of her toes in order to get the necklace rope over his head in the first place, Nilia wobbled briefly, terribly unco-ordinated when thrown off balance like this. It stopped once she stood back down, the crystal resting on his chest. It glistened dully in the Manaan sun, and she nodded in approval once more as she looked back up to his face, "There. It looks lovely."

As that gentle smile remained on her face, something began to dawn on the Senator. Something that started to deflate her immensely pleased expression.

Soon they'd have to go. She would have to return to the Sovereignty delegation. Then they would go back to just being an intangible connection. The idea made her sad, though it was hard to place on exactly why it did.

[member="Arekk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom