Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Amaranth Crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.
type0-figure01.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Amaranth Crystal
  • Manufacturer: Order of Shadows Aurora Industries
  • Affiliation: Aurora Industries, Sith Empire (requires permission from Taeli Raaf), Closed-Market
  • Homeworld (optional): Mygeeto

• Production: Limited
  • Modularity: No modularity
  • Material: Kyber crystals subjected to upgraded Sianium process and a Sith alchemical treatment
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Gemstone, Energy Source
  • Weight: Light (for small crystals), Heavy (for large crystals)
  • Resistances:
    Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High

• Kinetic: Low

• Lightsabers: High

• Sonic: Very Low

• Heat: High

• Cold: Average

[*]
Color: Glowing Red

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Once a focusing laser is aimed at the crystal, it creates a staggeringly enormous amount of energy that can be harnessed for the use in various forms of technology.
Strengths:
  • As an evolution of Aurora Industries' Siaber Crystals, the Amaranth Crystals produce an immense amount of energy compared to standard power sources, reaching twice the output of Siaber Crystals (Ten times the output of standard energy sources like plasma).
  • The use of Sith alchemy in their creation has also greatly strengthened and further stabilized the crystals, further reducing the chances of blaster fire or other means of sabotage from breaking the crystals.
Weaknesses:
  • If a Amaranth crystal does break, and due to the Sith alchemy involved, the destruction in a given radius will be rather severe, potentially reducing things within that radius , friend or foe, to individual atoms (smaller crystals - 10 meters, larger crystals - 100 meters).
  • Because of the amount of energy being produced, equipment has to be specially designed to accept the crystals and the energy they produce. Otherwise, the equipment will be fried and rendered useless from an energy overload.
  • Sonic weaponry is especially effective in shattering the crystals, while kinetic attacks are still effective, if less so than before.
  • While Force Light won't shatter the crystal, it will temporarily force the crystal into a dormant state and cut off the flow of power it produces.
DESCRIPTION

Developed in utter secrecy as the next evolution of Aurora Industries' Sianium technology at the FrostGem Facility on Mygeeto, the Amaranth Crystals are a fusion of Sith alchemy and scientific advancements in the field of power generation. The engineers at the facility and the alchemists of Taeli Raaf's Order of Shadows recognized that while Siaber Crystals were still producing plenty of untapped energy reserves, the ever changing and advancing state of the galaxy demanded something even stronger for use by the company.

The experimentation began by subjecting kyber crystals harvested on the world and others across the galaxy to a special treatment derived from Sith alchemy to strengthen the crystals beyond what had previously been seen. The alchemy turned the crystals red, much like a 'bleeding' would do, but enhanced their durability and ability to channel energy by significantly boosting the 'night side' of the kyber crystals.

Once the treatment was complete, the modified kyber crystals were once again subjected to the Sianium process to warp and meld the organic parts of the crystal into viable Sianium material. The new crystals were found to have twice the output of original Siaber Crystals, placing it at producing roughly ten times what standard energy sources such as plasma, hypermatter, and so on can produce. Once a focusing laser is passed through the new crystal, creating a self-sufficient feedback loop, it will create an almost limitless amount of energy that can be harnessed by the company or those they work with for a variety of purposes.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Ayy. Not a bad submission. I think I have crystal envy for all the shiny stuff coming from Dark Siders as of late.

Taeli Raaf said:
If a Amaranth crystal does break, and due to the Sith alchemy involved, the destruction in a given radius will be rather severe, reducing everything, friend or foe, to individual atoms (smaller crystals - 30 meters, larger crystals - 500 meters).
That said, I'm a little leery on the massive sphere of destruction this causes, with it essentially turning into a 500m disruptor bomb under the right/wrong conditions. I'd ideally like this to see this reduced if possible.

I'd also go ahead and soften the old language here. You might be a Sith, but unfortunately we can't deal in such absolutes in the Factory. I suggest simply just tossing in a cursory 'potentially' before the 'reducing everything'.

Furthermore, as this involves Sith Alchemy, I'd recommend including a weakness around Force Light and all that normal jazz. Maybe something about the effects of force nullification/suppression might have on the overall energy output or integrity of the crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom