Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Al'verde's A'den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meteor.jpg

Image Source: http://www.imfdb.org...c/cf/Meteor.jpg (Lord Bowler's shotgun from Brisco County Jr.)
Intent: To create a weapon for the higher ups within the Mandalorians and expand Chai La's armory
Development Thread: Can make one if needed
Manufacturer: Chai La
Model: Plasma shotgun
Affiliation: Mandalorians
Modularity: None
Production: Semi-Unique (Field Marshals and above)
Material:
  • Dallorian alloy
  • Diatium power cell
  • Beskar alloy plating
Description:
Designed like an old model slugthrower but replacing the common components for heat resistant alloy, the energy weapon is hidden and made for last resorts situations. The power cells are loaded into the barrels and when the trigger is pulled go through the same process as a saber activating. The trumponium gas is heated to create a rod of plasma that is sent through without containment to the end of the barrels and into whatever is in front of the barrels.

The cells have a long cooldown time and without the recycling power expand moderately fast. Ten solid shots from each cell before they are depleted and need to be replaced giving it a decent amount of ammo per cell but if you need more then one squeeze of the trigger to kill something your most likely already dead when the excess heat goes away letting them fire off another shot again. It is based on the old style plasma projectors and only the most skilled and battle tested are trusted to fire them accurately, making it heavily restricted within the Mandalorian ranks.
Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: .3m
Weight: 4kg
Ammunition Type: Twin beams of heated plasma
Ammunition Capacity: 10 shots per cell per barrel
Effective Range:
Rate of Fire: Slow rate of fire, both shots are fired at the same time and the gun needs to cool down
Special Features: An energy weapon disguised as a slugthrower

[member="Levy Willamina"]

Alright, so after looking at this, here is what I'm understanding:

This operates on a gas or chemical compound which is the same as that which is contained within a diatium power cell, otherwise a lightsaber component. This component is responsible for making the plasma blade or energy blade of a Lightsaber. On that note, I think we need to change the chemical makeup and what not. Spitting out plasma everywhere isn't a smart idea.

So, what else are we looking at? What is the overall concept? A more powerful shotgun?

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

Plasma projectors are normally large and unwieldy created to be used as rifles and cannons. They were more akin to a musket firing a shot off that could strike and burn through armor and group. It took skilled marksmen and women to accurately fire one. (which is why the Field Marshel and higher as they would have trained enough to fire)

Trumponium gas is sadly the only thing for creating plasma on the wookiee, well at this size. As I found looking for an alternative to Illerium there isn't really named chemicals for it beyond the generic "compressed gas canister" I am all for a change if I missed a chemical alternative.

The overall concept is a strong last stand weapon, that won't bring attention to itself and can be used when all else fails. Our other shotguns are strong and heavy. This is lighter, disguised as an old model slugthrower (much like those shotguns in Republic commando) and something

[member="Levy Willamina"]

I'm sorry, that arguement is invalid to say the least.

Unless you can provide canon evidence that plasma projectors, hand-held ones work that way, then no. It's just an older version of a blaster, matter of fact a pre-blaster, blaster.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to deny this submission.

Please take it to the 2nd chance forum if you feel I am wrong. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom