Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Altorius iv tave Gate ra Dieva - Sith Library-Temple of Khar Delba

Status
Not open for further replies.
1273441c.jpg
Name: Altorius iv tave Gate ra Dieva (Sanctuary of the Unearthly Idols); commonly referred to as simply Altorius

Image Source: Click

Classification: Library-Temple

Location: Khar Delba - Somewhere in the Northern Polar Region

Affiliation: The Sith Order

Description: In its hey-day the Sanctuary of the Unearthly Idols was a massive temple filled with ancient knowledge accumulated over the length of the red Sith's dominion over the Caldera. Mirroring the Valley of the Dark Lords the Sacntuary's entry was lined by massive statues depicting long dead Dark Lords of the Sith and heroes from the early period of the Golden Age of the Sith, and the complex itself featured sprawling libraries once filled to the brim with ancient texts and documents that have long since been lost to time. Most of the adjacent structures to the primary ziggurat had been completely demolished, their subterranean tunnels collapsed and their tombs sealed away, while the living quarters had been eroded down to their foundations with only meager walls frozen in place.

But amongst the snow-blasted ruins are modern constructs put in place by the resurgent Sith Order after they reclaimed the Stygian Caldera from the fetid grasp of the Silver Jedi, mainly an enclosed shielded hanger bay primarily used to safeguard cargo transports and the personal vessels of the various Sith who have come to excavate the old ruins and restore them to newfound glory. But the danger of a Jedi counterattack is all too likely, and the nearby proximity of the hot-blooded Mandalorian Crusaders doesn't help to ease that fear either. So to better protect their heritage the Sith have erected ground-based turbolasers at the base of the ziggurat, reinforced the entryway with shielded doors, and constructed a military barrack nearby that can house up to five hundred soldiers at any given time alongside a garage that can house speeders, walkers, and tanks appropriate for the frigid weather.

A supply depot has also been established amidst the ruins of the old living quarter which houses the components necessary for a total reconstruction of the temple and whatever structures are still standing.

History: Altorius was once a bustling municipality established by the ancient Sith many centuries before the Great Hyperspace War on the icy planet of Khar Delba, and was dedicated to the extensive study and enrichment of the Dark Side of the Force by the Sith and the Dark Lords that came to rule them. Because of its proximity to Naga Sadow's citadel, it was one of the many locations demolished during the Battle of Khar Delba by Ludo Kressh's orbital bombardment of the planet. While Sadow's citadel was eventually rebuilt, Altorius was eventually forgotten and left to weather away under millennia of neglect.

During this long period the temple was subject to looters and brazen Sith who sought to plunder the ancient knowledge for either wealth or to further their own nefarious agendas. It wouldn't be till after the Stygian Caldera was liberated from the Silver Jedi by the Sith Order that the temple would be rediscovered and repairs would be commenced.

Intent: TSO Domain, neat little piece of ancient Sith custom lore

Links: N/A

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

Great submission, and I don't have any issues with what's been written so far. It's just missing a couple of things that could do with being added, what with the repairs/reconstruction going on:

1) Details of any defenses (ground-to-air turbolasers, blast shielding, troop garrison etc)

2) Details of any facilities available for use (hangar/starport, medical facilities etc)

Just fleshes it out a little bit, for anyone planning to use this. Let me know when you've made some edits (or if you wish to disagree with them!) and I'll get this fired off for review and approval.

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

Great, I don't see any problems with that. I'd have preferred numbers for the walkers/speeders and gun emplacements, but I'm told I take things too seriously at times!

Nudging this on for secondary review and approval.

[member="Silencia"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom