Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Altering Reality - Illusion training for Knights & Acolytes

Enoch walked forward, his hands folded behind his back. He simply skipped creating a chair for his prisoner, and staring at the man. At first, he tried matching Enoch's gaze, before he couldn't hold it any longer, and his eyes dropped to the floor. Enoch giggled, the laugh dripping with pure evil and enjoyment. As the man stared at the ground, he felt a strange presence in his mind. It felt like tendrils reaching around his mind, and sliding into the cracks, exploring the most secret parts.

Since he was a boy, Enoch had used telepathy. He had to eat somehow, and an Anzat did so my mentally stunning its prey before devouring its 'soup.' However, he'd never looked this deep into his prey's mind, he had only ever projected fear and pain into their minds, causing them to lock up. Now, he looked for the man's deepest fears, and found them easily. At this moment, Sinistra asked for a beast, and for the first time in the last few minutes, Enoch shifted his gaze to her.

Beast? The one this man was afraid of at the moment was Enoch himself, but as the Zambrano returned his gaze to the prisoner, he found something else. Nexu. He could do that. Enoch remembered seeing one in the gladiatorial pits on Panatha. In fact, he'd killed one in the pits. Suddenly, the man felt a breath on the back of his neck, and began shivering. Of course, that breath was simply an illusion, and so was the large Nexu that crept from behind him, it's beady eyes locked on him.

"Go on you swine...beg me..." Enoch whispered to the man, bending over slightly to do so. The prisoner just kept shivering, and Enoch stepped back, letting the Nexu circle the man, sniffing and occasionally snapping at him.

[member="Sinistra"]

Aaron nodded something bigger he thought to himself. Why couldn't it be something smaller perhaps a snail or something?. He sighed and rubbed his chin he then looked at the prisoner and back hand him again sending him to the ground

"Pathetic" Aaron said as he heard the whimpers of the prisoners "You should have killed yourself" he advised to the prisoner before taking a couple steps backs

The prisoner whimpered and then took a sigh of relief as the illusion of the serpent disappeared.

Aaron threw up his hands and holded them in the air. He couldn't think of something really big mostly because he was in the ships handling things. Never on the ground but he had heard stories of a Krayt dragon therefor he paused and remember what the creature looked like

Keeping his hands in the air he imagined and examined what a Great Krayt Dragon would look like. As soon as he had the creature in his mind he concentrated he conjured the dark side like before. He concentrated the creature began to shimmer into form but then disappeared again and again three times it disappeared.

In anger Aaron kicked the prisoner repeatedly stopping he ran his fingers on his left threw his hair and took a deep breath. 'Vengeance would be disappointed' he thought to himself

Using his hate and anger he threw his hands in the air once again. Closing his eyes he concentrated on the great Krayt Dragon. He imagined as if it was actually there breathing on him and the prisoner. Channeling the Dark side Aaron concentrated for a few minutes as the Krayt Dragon shimmered and took physical form

The Prisoner shook with fear as the Krayt Dragon roared. The prisoner then took off running. Aaron chuckled with amusement as the Dragon followed and chased him

Sinistra Vengeance Darth Mythos Enoch Zambrano Xavka Duquo

[member="Sinistra"] [member="Darth Mythos"]

Vengeance shook his head.

"My abilities are not natural just a few tricks I learned from people far better at it than me." "I am a swordsman at heart." "I can do a decent bolt of hatred but that is about it."

He smiled glancing towards the group for a moment before turning back.

"The amulet I made for myself under Lord Bane's instruction was more geared towards defending against the force than improving it."

Vengeance smiled sliding a his hand under his robes removing a small amulet that hung around his neck. He let go letting the necklace fall against his robes. He bowed.

"You will have to forgive me." "Not having a Master of my own I spent my time chasing battle after battle with no true focus on knowledge until I was Knighted."

Sinistra listened to Vengeance and Mythos, her gaze past their shoulders to glance at the progress of the rest of the students in the class. Several transparent looking beasts chased prisoners through the courtyard and forced others into cowering in fear. Everything seemed to be going well with the rest of them, so she quickly reverted her eyes back to Vengeance and Mythos behind the ruby lenses of her mask.

It irked her that there were knights within the One Sith that had not been given the benefits of a master, or of proper training. She detested wasting assets by simply throwing them into battle over and over again. It made soldiers, but did little to cultivate them as Sith. She was going to have to take matters into her own hands.

“I see. Well then, I will just have to teach you proper sorcery. I will give you an option. You can rejoin the others here and practice summoning illusions or you can be dismissed now. However, I will expect you both to be at the ritual circle within the temple this evening just about sundown.”

She let them think it over as she stepped back over to the other 4, collecting them back into a group and corralling the prisoners back near some benches. She gestured for them to quiet down as she continued.

“Excellent efforts. Now then, moving along. As you have been practicing, illusions can be cast in order to summon something from nothing. However they can also be used to mask something as well. You cannot use illusions to make things invisible. If I had a statute, sitting right here, I could cast an illusion in order to make it look like a tree, or a starship or to make it look like a mortal being, but illusions will not allow you to see through something physical. It can only hide it under the guise of something else. To this end, you can use illusions in order to trick another into running headlong into danger.”

She gestured to a physical training obstacle course behind the courtyard that contained mud pits, razorwire, dodging panels, and tires to run through.

“You will each pick an obstacle and use your imagination to cast an illusion to mask the obstacle. You will have 5 minutes to cast your illusions, then I will allow the prisoners to run the course. Obviously, try not to stand right next to the obstacle, you’ll be giving it away. This will be a good test of casting from a distance. Go ahead and get into position.”
She gave them room to pass her to get out into the moderate sized course. She watched them carefully as they went about this new exercise.

[member='Vengeance']|[member='Darth Mythos']|[member='Enoch Zambrano']|[member='Naga Itesak']|[member='Aaron Alphonse']|[member='Xavka Duquo']

Aaron nodded before he kicked the prisoner. He then walked away until the point he could barely see the prisoner "A obstacle course?" he asked to the Female Sith "As you wish?"

After selecting a few large random trinkets. Aaron walked a far form the set up and raised his hands in the air. He closed his eyes and imagined that the objects simply disappeared. He then channeled the dark side using his anger and rage.

The objects started to shimmer into nothing. But then came back into view. This Angered Aaron a little and thus he preformed the same thing again. Calling more upon the dark side through his anger and hate. And after a few minutes the objects disappeared

Vengeance|Darth Mythos|Enoch Zambrano|Naga Itesak|Aaron Alphonse|Xavka Duquo Sinistra

Rapax

R
Naga viewed over the course and sat down in a meditative pose.While drawing strongly off the darkside around him and through much pain and concentration, Naga managed to make it look like there was a easy path through the course...However.. in reality it would lead the prisoners straight into the obsticals them selves. A twisted grin appeared on his face while his eyes where closed he couldnt wait to see the results of his handy work upon the pour souls. He had him self at a spot so that the prisoner would suspect fowl play and think the course was a simple course..and waited.

@Vengance|[member="Darth Mythos"]e|[member="Enoch Zambrano"]|[member="Aaron Alphonse"]|[member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Sinistra"]

[member="Sinistra"] [member="Darth Mythos"]

Vengeance gave the Sith Lady a small bow of his head.

"The ritual circle it is then."

He gave her a minute to rejoin the other before turning to Mythos with a smile.

"Well I guess that about covers today's lesson." "What you say we let the kids have their fun and wait on the really good stuff?"

He chuckled stepping away. Vengeance was a man of the sword not an illusionist. Besides he could always pick it up later when or if things calmed down some.

@Vengeance @Sinistra
Mythos bowed in unison with Vengeance at the Master and smiled in his mind, one on one training with the Master? I must have been a really good boy this year.
"I'm with you, I have a feeling we are going to rise much wiser when the sun rises tomorrow" Turning on his heel and exited about this night Mythos was thinking about a single thing, an Ability he swore he would learn one day yet he had never even seen practiced... Dwomutsiqsa...

He shrugged realizing such an ability was left for the History books and Myths and most likely would take him a century or two to master. Not that there was anything wrong with that...

Enoch looked over the course as Lady Sinistra spoke. With a simple nod, he moved forward. Enoch felt confident that he would be able to accomplish most of the tasks she assigned them, with some trouble the harder the tasks became. His mind was a muscle that Enoch toned well, yet it needed more sharpening, and Enoch needed to learn its full potential.

Once he found a obstacle that he liked, a large wooden board standing on edge with spikes pointed towards where the prisoners would come from, Enoch began to work. First, he began the design in his mind. He saw the Force weaving itself over the obstacle, and then held itself there. Enoch focused on this, letting his emotions flow through him, mostly those of wanting to drink the soup out of the prisoners' skulls.

With a snap of his fingers, and his eyes jumping over, a large plushie akk dog shimmered to life over the spikes, with big cute eyes pointing where the spikes did. How cute. Enoch giggled at the illusion, smiling with a deranged, feral look in his eyes.

[member="Sinistra"]

Sinistra looked over the results before she released the prisoners, her attention not so distracted that she missed Mythos and Vengeance walking off. She knew what obstacles should be laid out and in what order so she could spot their attempts. The transparent illusions shimmered just faintly enough that the Sith Lord could pick them out. Two out of the three had a good handle on the assignment but as she looked over Aaron’s handiwork, her brow furrowed.

“I’m certain that I just said that illusions do not make things invisible. While I applaud you for possessing the knowledge to do it, that is not the exercise we are working on. Do it again.”
There was nothing gentle in her tone. She strongly disliked those who either failed to pay attention or completely ignored her instructions. In the field with her teams, it was generally a matter of life and death and she had gladly left agents to their fate if they could not follow her directions. Here, of course, it was just a lesson, but her vitriol was raised nonetheless.

[member="Enoch Zambrano"] [member="Naga Itesak"] [member="Aaron Alphonse"]

While the rest of the group toiled and spoke, attempting to weave thoughts and Force to their will, bending them, breaking them before reforming them in a vision purposed to terrorize, to frighten and destroy the prisoners before them, sometimes speaking unnecessarily, breaking the silence of the room when no need was present, Xavka stood still and silent. His predatory gaze locked onto the man before him, who whimpered and bowed and begged for freedom, forgiveness, mercy.

Frozen in place, his mind cast into the Force, Xavka examined the threads of the Force that flowed through the room. He silently observed the efforts of those near him, examining how they caught and cowed the Force, bending it to their wishes. He watched how it reacted to their desired, manifesting their chosen imagery into a false state of being before them.

He learnt from his watching, not from practice. He learnt from their failures, learning what he was not and should not do if her wished to succeed in his endeavour. He learnt from their success, learning what worked and even what worked best for each circumstance. However, this was only through the Force, he knew that even if he did this for decades, no success would be immediate as he could not learn the mental aspect of this ability through observation alone. Practice was needed for that.

Finally blinking, wetting his dry eyes, Xavka titled his head and focussed. First he conjured to mind the base form of a Gundark, the hunched posture and four arms, the large ears equalling in size to the width rectangular head. The bone protrusions covering the back and arms as well as the short, brown fur. He then focussed on adding more detail, the drooling jaws and jagged, blooded teeth. The glaring and feral eyes filled with animalistic fury.

Reaching out into the Force, Xavka began to weave and gather it, bending it to his will. Directing it towards the mind of the prisoner before him, Xavka began to alter the man's perception of reality, changing it to fit his will and desire. Forming the Gundark before the man, Xavka focussed on making it approach from the shadows, to seemingly emerge as if it had always been there. Focussing, he made its legs move as if it was walking while moving the image closer and closer to the target. For a few moments at one point, the illusion faltered as it flickered briefly, looking as if it had become less intangible, before Xavka focussed and resumed the illusion.

Eventually he made it stop before the now cowering prisoner and lean down in front of him, maw opening slowly and droll began to drip to the floor beneath the man.

It was then that the Gundark disappeared as Xavka's control faltered.

Panting slightly from the mental strain it had taken to form and keep control of the illusion, never mind that it was his first time ever doing so on such a large and obvious scale, Xavka's momentary rest was broken by a new command by his temporary teacher.

Nodding at the new orders, Xavka wandered over to the assault course, his feet making little to no noise as he did so. Casting his eye over the set up, Xavka looked for a spot that would be best to alter. In the end he settled on a simple one, a board that had a small section where electronic pads were set up, designed to deliver a shock to whoever stood on them, activating the pressure sensors.

Reaching out through the Force, Xavka retreated back to where he had stood before the prisoner and tried to affect the visual reality from such a distance. Finding such a feat impossible for him to achieve at that moment, as such he began to advance towards the obstacle course slowly, attempting to find the maximum distance from which he could cast an illusion. With each step he took he tried to impose his will over the obstacle. It took until he was fifteen metres away, but he eventually was able to begin the illusion.

Focussing on the beginning few steps of his chosen section, Xavka pictured the image of a wooden pattern within his mind and begun to try and impose his will over the Force he had gathered over the first plate. Slowly the metal image of the electronic plate faded away to become an extension of the wooden plank, hidden from view.

[member="Sinistra"]

OOC Note:
Sorry for not posting for so long. I've tried to catch up in this post.

Aaron paused breaking the force ability he was unknowingly doing. "What was I doing then" he asked himself before bowing to the Sith lady with a smile "Sorry" he said simply

He then faced the items he placed for the course and then using the force he tried to push all of the items out of his way. He then stepped a back a few feet and then closed his eyes and throw his hands into the air.

He imagined a complex obstacle course. Something that will make soldiers wish they were never born. He concentrated hard and channeled the dark side but as the imagines shimmered into view it quickly disappeared as well. Aaron gritted his teeth a massive headache forming once again he tried the process and on the third try the imagines finally shimmered into existance

Enoch Zambrano Naga Itesak Sinistra

Once all the translucent obstacles had been cast over the grounds, she let the prisoners go. Goaded by her illusions of massive Hrosma tigers, the frightened men scrambled through the course they could see and were utterly undone by the one they couldn't.

The time it took for them to clear it was beginning to drag on a little long and the illusions were starting to fade, as such intense focus could not be sustained easily at this point. With practice, the illusions would come easier but certainly not after a single lesson.

Waiting at the other end of the course was a guard contingent who rounded up the prisoners to be taken back to their cells if they were unfortunate to survive this day's exercises. She could see them wishing for death behind dull eyes, no spark left in them. Soon enough.

She signaled the class of students to come back for their final piece of instruction for the day. Once they were all there, she motioned for quiet.

"You have made good progress today however, nothing can be mastered without practice. It will take many days of practice before you are capable with this technique in the field. You homework is to practice the length at which you cast and the amount of time you are able to focus. In addition to these requirements, I want you to add one more. Detail. The more detailed your imagination, the greater the illusion's believability. If your illusions are messy, your subject will see through them much quicker. Take turns for the next bit casting doubles of the others in this group. Study them closely and then close your eyes and cast the illusion. The rest of us will judge your accuracy. Naga, you go first."

[member='Aaron Alphonse'] [member='Xavka Duquo'] [member='Naga Itesak'] [member='Enoch Zambrano']

Rapax

R
[member="Sinistra"] Naga stepped forwards and sat down in a meditation pose. He emptied his mind of all but the image of [member="Enoch Zambrano"] and tried to project the image before him. It took several minutes before the image shimmered into exsistence, It flickered several times and took more concentration and power before it finally settled down into a decent duplicate.

[member="Aaron Alphonse"] [member="Xavka Duquo"]

Aaron watched in amazement. They Sith never seem to stop impressing hims . With this new power Aaron could become more powerful. Although he had a massive headache he decided to ignore it and continued to watch waiting for his turn

[member="Aaron Alphonse"] [member="Darth Rapax"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Enoch Zambrano"]

Sinistra watched him carefully, nodding as the illusion came into being. She circled the duplicate, looking at the features. It was off enough to be convincing at a glance, but the nose was wrong, the eye color a couple shades too light and the hair looked to be just a mass of brown with only a few defined strands. It changed as Naga concentrated but for a first attempt at detail work, it was passable. The idea was that this was only the lesson, practice would be the thing that would ultimately sharpen and focus the application of this power for the users.

"As you think through the various parts of Enoch, some parts lose clarity and others gain it. Work on keeping everything consistent. Aaron. You're next."

She motioned for him to step forward and select a subject to cast.

Sorry for the delay, thanks for being patient!

Tindōmiselde Tokani

"Hand over the chocolate right now."
Allyn hurried into the courtyard, seeing as she was very late. She hoped she wasn't too late. She bowed to the Lords and Knights already in the middle. She walked over to [member="Sinistra"] and bowed, taking off her red beret for effect.

"I am sorry for being as late as I am, Lady Sinistra. I ask for your forgiveness. I hope I am not too late." The young Alcolyte stayed low. She prayed to the Force that she wasn't too late for the lesson, for she wanted to learn Illusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom