Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Altering Reality - Illusion training for Knights & Acolytes

Sinistra waited in a wide open courtyard, her armored suit and mask glinting in the bright light. Her saber hilts hung from her belt, but she would not need them for this lesson. She was here to teach the art of illusion, and assess the current crop of knights and acolytes for a possible apprentice or position in her stable of spies.

It was rather liberating to not have her presence masked here, it became tiresome to be undercover for so long, cut off from the seductive pull of the Darkside. The release when she allowed it to wash over her was blissful to say the very least.

A short distance from her, sitting quietly on two benches were a number of prisoners who refused to give up their secrets to conventional methods and were not sensitive to the Force. That would be critical. Sinistra could teach the techniques, but illusions were harder to cast on other Force users. The prisoners were going to be the test subjects for her pupils.

Illusions? Oh, this would be fun. Enoch's mind was already used to telepathy, for he used it to feed, and had a genetic resistance to it as well. Yet, learning mental skills from a Sith Master, that was new to him. So, hearing of the option to learn, he'd jumped at it. As he approached, Enoch saw the group of prisoners seated, no doubt test subjects.

"Greetings, Lord Sinistra. My name is Enoch Zambrano, pleasure to meet you." The young man spoke to her, moving one foot back, a hand over his stomach, the other held out as he bowed. "Thank you, for offering this opportunity." Enoch straightened his form, folding his hands together behind his back.

[member="Sinistra"]

Mythos had only had one real training in Illusions and fear and so far, he was pretty good at it however hearing that there was a chance he could learn even more complex or simply a different outlook to understand Illusion and Sith Magic a little better, he would take the opportunities, they were as rare as he could even tell. Few were those that knew of the Darker Arts... fewer still those willing to teach.

Walking to the courtyard he saw a familiar face and a known name by now, [member="Enoch Zambrano"] yes.. As Mythos knew him from the Session of Wills.
"Two Wills, One Training Session" Mythos smiled taking a short bow to the young Zambrano. "A pleasure of the Company Lord Enoch, Master Siniestra, I am Darth Mythos." He spoke in confidence and assurance of his title... Darth, he had only just begun to understand it's true meaning. "A pity we could not battle together in Taloraan" An Acolyte back in that battle, he was more than enthusiastic to hear all about her efforts in the Oil refineries.

[member="Sinistra"]

Vengeance made his way towards the Courtyard with a smile. He gave a small bow to [member="Sinistra"] dropping his hood as he got near the group so she could see his face.

"Lady Sinistra........I am Vengeance."

As he moved further in he clasped [member="Darth Mythos"] on the shoulder giving the man a smile.

"Animus it seems you are doing very well for yourself these days." "Good to see my friend."

He turned to the new face in the group. It was not one he recognized but he gave [member="Enoch Zambrano"] a slight bow as well in greeting.

Vengeance stopped standing near Animus and Enoch glancing over at the prisoners. Last time he was at a training session that included such things they were using them as practice for Sorcery. He chuckled wondering if this session would be similar to that one or entirely different.

Rapax

R
Naga only knew how to use the simplest illusions and even they where not perfect....So he joined [member="Vengeance"] [member="Darth Mythos"] and waited for there session to begin, He gave mythos and Vengeance a respectful bow first.. he saw[member="Enoch Zambrano"] there but said nothing despite the situation between them ...but this was a training session not a time to try and kill eachother so he waited for [member="Sinistra"] to begin her lesson..

Sinistra watched the approach of the two Sith with interest, her eyes following them carefully as they stopped before her. They noticed the prisoners and greeted each other warmly, as strange it sounds for Sith to share camaraderie. Her gloved fingers were knitted together, resting in front of her as she acknowledged their arrival.

“Taloraan was an interesting experience. I am unsure whether or not it was beneficial for me to be there, but alas, it has lead me to this point. I cannot fight the will of the Darkness.”

A couple more students joined the group, each of them getting a nod in return as they stood awaiting her instruction. With an unseen smile veiled by her mask, she began.

“Greetings to all of you. You have come to learn how to use the Force to turn your enemy’s worse fears against them. To summon creatures of unimaginable horror, to inflict nightmares upon the minds of the feeble and the weak.”

She walked slowly back and forth in front of them as she spoke, the metallic rasp of her vocoder over a purr of thick mezzo.

“Force illusions and fear probe the minds of others in order to learn their secrets but not to pillage information from them. You can invade their thoughts and glean their fears in order to turn it against them. If you are an accomplished mentalist to start with, the exercise will be easier.”

She gestured to the prisoners on the benches.

“These poor sods were captured in a campaign recently by the One Sith. We have verified that each of them lacks the ability to use the Force so they will be ideal subjects for your practice. No matter how well you master the art of illusion, your creations will be less useful against other Force users, particularly strong willed one. Your illusions will not work on inorganic lifeforms or AI’s. Droids will not see your illusions, however, cyborgs are still vulnerable because we are able to project our thoughts into the minds of the subject. What their eyes tell them is irrelevant.”

She went about grabbing a prisoner for each pupil and lining them up opposite the Sith, looking towards them.

“Questions so far?”

[member="Enoch Zambrano"]|[member="Darth Mythos"]|[member="Vengeance"]|[member="Naga Itesak"]

Vengeance smiled softly before looking at [member="Sinistra"] an immediate question coming to mind.

"I have a question.................."

He paused trying to think of how to phrase his question.

"How more or less effective is this as opposed to using prior knowledge or simple observation?" "It strikes me that a trained mentalist would be able to reduce or negate the effect." "Or any one stronger or more experienced in the force for that matter." "However in the opening moments knowing or observing that, say for example, your opponent has a natural fear of letting somebody down."

He paused.

"Then without the need of using the force one can simply voice the suggestion of failure and still have a desired effect."

[member="Vengeance"]|[member="Naga Itesak"]|[member="Darth Mythos"]|[member="Enoch Zambrano"]

"Excellent question. You are referring to what is more commonly known as a basic mind trick. You can use verbal suggestion. When I say fear, I am referring to Force Fear, wherein you as the wielder probe the mind of your subject and trigger a fear response simply by being there. Now, if you want to take it one step further, you take the your probe and name their fear. Perhaps they have a crippling fear of spiders. When used with Illusion, you can make them believe there is a gigantic spider in the room, or that spiders swarm all over them."

Lifting a hand from her side, and applying a bit of Force power to her thoughts, a few large furry spiders appeared at the feet of the prisoners. They crawled around as a few of the men paled then disappeared as she closed her fist, banishing the projection of her mind away.

"However, Illusion is not confined to just mind projections. You can summon what appeared to be real, physical constructs. As I said prior, strong Force users will be able to dispel them. Especially if it is a prolonged projection. However, it has great applications as a distraction in battle. You can create temporary dopplegangers to distract your opponent into attacking a duplicate while you move to a better position. It will take mental energy for another Force user to see through your ruse, but sometimes a second is all you need."

Returning to the previous subject matter, she referenced the prisoners.

"The ungifted do not possess the mental faculties in order to stop the illusions of a Force user. Because of this and the endless bounds of our imaginations, we can easily trick them into surrender, death, dismemberment, and interrogation. Illusion can make it seem like there is a bridge over a gorge or a patch of grass over a land mind, and the range is immense."

She stopped in the middle between the prisoners and students.

"First, we will conjure optical illusions. Illusion is a form of mind trick at its heart. We are enforcing our will, our vision and our imagination upon others who cannot resist that force. You must be able to visualize it and then you must channel the darkside through you in order to manifest it. You will begin by conjuring these prisoners chairs to sit in. Visualize it in your mind's eye and feel the darkness flow into it, giving it form."

Vengeance chuckled shaking his head.

Not only did she not answer his question but apparently had no clue what he was talking about. Not only did she assume he had no idea what mind trick was but she also assumed he had no training or ability in Force Fear.

What he was talking about didn't require the force at all and as a result worked when it was not an option available to you. Any soldier could watch a man kiss a woman before engaging in battle and assume correctly that the man was worried he would never see her again. Any soldier could use that information to unbalance said man without even knowing such a thing as the force existed.

He sighed crossing his arms and watched the display with mild amusement. [member="Darth Mythos"] had tried to use an illusion on him one time and all it got him was another scar and a handful of disappointment.

Vengeance suddenly smiled closing his eyes he concentrated. He focused his mind his illusion of choice was one he thought at least one person would appreciate. Then again maybe not for the focus of his illusion was a Dragonsnake from the glorious planet of Dagobah. Let's see how the little prisoners and the illustrious all knowing Lady Sinistra liked that one.

[member="Naga Itesak"] [member="Enoch Zambrano"] [member="Sinistra"]

"Forgive me" Aaron said walking into the courtyard. His crimson robe and purple cloak dragging behind him. He looked at the prisoners and smirked fools he thought to himself they should have known better to let them be captured by the Sith

Aaron bowed at the Sith ahead from his taking note of there appearance. "Once again I am late and which I ask for your forgiveness" he said again

He overheard the last bit of what the Sith Lady was teaching but had many question to ask but decided to wait until the time was right.

Stepping forwards into the room proper from where he had stood just inside the door, following after the man that had just entered, Xavka spoke up, his rough voice kept soft and quiet, only just above a murmur. "If you would excuse my lateness, Lord Sinistra."

As he walked towards the group, the sword strapped to Xavka's waist tapped against the pouch strapped to his thigh, causing a muffled sound of metal impacting metal to ring out. Accompanying the muffled noise was the slight tap of his bared feet impacting against the metal ground as he slowly advanced and the minute rustle of clothing as his black, martial arts jacket and trousers moved.

Coming to a stop at the end of the line of Sith, Xavka bowed to the Sith Lord before him before inclining his head to the two fellow learners he recognised. "Pride, Gluttony. It's nice to see my fellow Sins here."

[member="Sinistra"] | [member="Naga Itesak"] | [member="Darth Mythos"]

Mythos smiled as he saw Vengeance and Duquo "This must bring back memories Vengeance" He laughed greeting the fellow Knight and his Fellow sin as well, camaraderie was a very welcoming word in Mythos' mind for the sole reason that it was insanely hard to find within the confines of the One Sith Order. They were so prone to backstabbing, killing each other, Even Mythos himself was enticed to do so but luckily for him, nothing came from it and he was able to keep his bond of fellowship.

Friendship was another status that he found increasingly hard to bestow, only a few in the entire Galaxy held that title from Animus. It was when the Master said something peculiar that Mythos piped up. "Probing the Mind?" Mythos stepped closer to his Chosen prisoner and grabbed his neck to bring him closer. A Simple Illusion made snakes, spiders and pelko bugs crawl from Mythos' arm all the way through the Prisoners face and started to crawl through his face. His screams made it a little hard to speak. "Now that i will need a bit of delving into if it is not too much trouble Master Sinistra"

[member="Aaron Alphonse"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Enoch Zambrano"] [member="Sinistra"]​

"I see we have some illusionists already in our midst. How fortuitous. Give me a moment to pass instructions to the newcomers and I will break you both out for some advanced techniques."

The vocoder rasped as she spoke, but she gestured for [member="Xavka Duquo"] and [member="Aaron Alphonse"] to step to the line with the rest of the Sith and lined up a prisoner for each of them.

"I trust neither of you has any instruction in illusion?"

She didn't wait for them to answer, however. She rehashed her basic points, instructing them on the exercise to visual the mundane object and then use the flow of the darkside in order to give it a physical appearance. Once she had gotten them squared away and practicing, the basic optical illusion, she beckoned [member="Vengeance"] and [member="Darth Mythos"] to the other side of the courtyard, still keeping an eye on the others.

"Perhaps, it would be faster if you would both tell me where you are skill-wise so that I know where to start with you. I do not wish to retread what you have already learned."

She waited patiently for the pair of them to respond.

Mythos dropped the quivering Prisoner down and his screams died down a bit as he swatted invisible Bugs and Scorpions of the such and Mythos bowed shortly to his teacher. "To be Honest i am well versed in Illusions and Doppelgangers however when it comes to Mental Attacks and Mental Intrusions and abilities that concern digging into the Mind of your enemy i am nothing. " Mythos shrugged and frowned slightly with the left of his mouth.

Taking his eyes off the instructor he displayed a bit more complex illusion that tied tendrils and roots to the downed prisoner and enticed him in a vice grip that was invisible but to the downed man it was as real as it could get. Before long the Man was rolled up in a tortuous embrace of Dark Tendrils [member="Sage Bane"] Style, actually, identically how Sage Bane had taught him back in Mayferria, the good teacher had seen to it that Mythos was well versed in Illusions before he was well versed in... well... Anything else.

"Simple to me. The mind however... is not as such Force Fear is not in my skill set." Mythos finished releasing the man before he killed him and shooting a warm smile. Oh, this would be one good training session.

[member="Vengeance"] [member="Sinistra"]

Rapax

R
Naga went up to his prisoner and concentrated on creating a simple chair for him. It was a hard process to bring what he was thinking into reality.... The image of the chair slowly but surely shimmered into existence near the prisoner, The chair looked real in every respect.. When the prisoner tried to sit it in it naturally he would fall right through it.. Naga chuckled a little at how easily fooled the prisoner was, How ever he continued to try other images to see what else he could conjure upon this humans mind.

[member="Darth Mythos"] [member="Sinistra"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Vengeance"]

Aaron watched around the sith before seeing Vocoder gesture for them to step in line. He walked into line his red a purple attire following him dragging behind him. He knew failure was not a option and thus he was sweating out of nervousness

"No mam" Aaron said examining Lord Sinistra "This is my first time" He explained he then listened to her instruction and took a breath "What happens if we fail?" he joked before looking down at the prisoner

The prisoner shook and shuttered "Please" the Prisoner said said shivering

"Be quiet" Aaron said back handing the prisoner he then closed his eyes and raised his hand towards the prisoner. He thought of a small serpent. Then he seeped into the dark side and felt its power continuing to think of the serpent he channeled the dark side.

Eventually the Serpent started to shimmer and then disappear. Once again Aaron channeled the dark side and thought of the serpent. Once again the Serpent shimmered and took form he appear to be wrapped around the Prisoner who was screaming in fright.

Vengeance Sinistra Darth Mythos

Vengeance followed when @Sinistra beckoned. He waited for [member="Darth Mythos"] to finish his answer before speaking up.

"Outside of Animus attempting to use Dopplegangers on me in a duel once I know nothing of illusions." "I however have had a bit of training on fear." "With a little help from a field trip chaperoned by [member="Darth Venefica"] and her apprentice [member="Darth Timoris"]."

He paused.

"Thanks to some previous instructions on Alchemy and Sorcery from Lord [member="Sage Bane"] I have found such things to be a little easier to pick up than they once were."

He chuckled.

She listened to the their skillsets, a gloved finger on her right hand tapping her masked chin, the elbow propped on the forearm of her opposite hand. Once they were done talking, the finger bobbed in their direction.

"I see. There are a couple of different paths to the use of illusions. One of you has started on the beginner's path and the other got thrown in the deep part of the lake. No matter, I can give both of you some knowledge to help you along the way. In order to project your illusions into the minds of others, and engage all their senses and fears, it will require an understanding of Sorcery."

She stepped out at the others and shouted a new instruction. [member="Aaron Alphonse"] [member="Naga Itesak"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Enoch Zambrano"]

"Excellent. Try something bigger. Summon a beast of prey, I want to see it move and chase the prisoners."

She turned back to Mythos and Vengeance.

"That should keep them busy. Right, now, observation can only take you so far. In a lot of cases, you will not be able to just watch a subject and learn their deepest irrational fears. There are going to be situations where you do not have the time for deep penetrating probe of the mind. But in the cases you do, it can serve you better. It is up to you to decide how to apply these methods to achieve your ends. I am in covert operations and counterintelligence. My uses are primarily to interrogate and pillage information from hostile targets. But that doesn't mean it's the only way to use them."

She opened a pouch on her belt and removed a talisman, curling her fingers around the small red gemmed medallion.

"I am naturally endowed with the ability to use sorcery. It's not the path I chose, but it is a tool I call upon anyway. Vengeance, you've already had instruction in Alchemy and Sorcery, so I'm going to assume you can summon that power on your own. Mythos, if you require, I can lend you use of a talisman that will enhance your ability for sorcery for a short time, in order for you to become familiar with it. Either you are predisposed to it or we will need to find you a more permanent magnifier. Do you know if you are able?"

[member="Vengeance"] [member="Darth Mythos"]

Rapax

R
Naga hearing her instruction merely nodded and worked on summoning a Terentatek to chase his prisoner around. It required a lot of concentration and several times he failed to project it properly, But each failure was slowly turning into a success, He draw d off the dark side strongly and concentrated hard on this before finally being able to project a Mental image of the beast....She said go larger...so he did...The beast started chasing the prisoner around the room. Naga gave a rather twisted grin while this was happening...He was finally learning how to use there mind against them....after so many years he can finally do it....and this made him very happy..He continued the practice until instructed other wise.He will master this power even if he has to practice all his life to do it....

[member="Sinistra"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Darth Mythos"] [member="Enoch Zambrano"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Aaron Alphonse"]

"Sorcery? Like? Magic?" He shrugged creating a small squadron of Doppelgangers to show Sinistra that not only was he capable of Illusions but he knew basic sorcery, very basic. The Act was conjured by using words and simple hand gestures but... "I have to honest Lord Sinistra." Mythos waved off his Illusions away as they dissipated into smoke. "I can Do this, I can Do Illusions and Doppelgangers easily, But i have no idea how Sorcery works, when [member="Sage Bane"] Taught me he implanted the knowledge in my brain in a way i..." Mythos shrugged remembering the day, smiling knowingly and wishing with all his might he had Bane here to explain what he was trying to say. "It was like, he Uploaded his knowledge to my brain and i repeat his movements and powers on instinct rather than with a knowledge on how to do it. I know how to do it, but not how i do it... Does that make sense?" he scratched his head in confusion, he had always just done it, and not questioned it but now that he was seeking to enhance his ability he needed to know how to do it and What made it possible. "What else can Sith Sorcery do apart from Illusions and Doppelgangers? Can the Talisman help be achieve it? " And that was the Core of it, up until now Mythos thought that Illusions were everything in Sith Sorcery that it was just tricks, was there more to it however? He looked at the Talisman with glowing eyes of desire... was that the secret to unlocking Magics true power?

[member="Sinistra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom