Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Altar of Ascension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myra

M
raya_sa__maldness_by_axelpoint_dcyygnc-pre.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To further expand upon the technology of the Chron
  • Image Source: Raya Sa Maldness
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: Chron, Hope,
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Collective (Planetary Government of Hope)
  • Affiliation: The Chron Collective (Not currently a faction but when faction creation is opened again, it will be)
  • Model: AoA-17
  • Modularity: Compatible with other Chron technology

• Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel, Glasteel, Obsidian
SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths:

Ascension: The main purpose of the machine is to transfer the consciousness of a sapient biological organism into the digital world, by effectively creating an exact replica of all knowledge, memories, mannerisms, and personality traits into a highly sophisticated AI. The Altar then proceeds to use nanites to break down the now deceased organic bodies, converting their biological components into energy. This process is even possible on the recently deceased, with the effectiveness of bringing them back to life corresponding to how much of the brain is left intact. After too much brain decay, the process is impossible. (Players may only be Ascended if they consent to the process)

Weaknesses:

Slicing: Although there are many highly sophisticated defenses put in place to try to prevent this from happening, the altar can be interrupted and sabotaged by slicers skilled enough to take it on.

Ion: Ion technology can deal a lot of damage to the altar.

DESCRIPTION

The Altar of Ascension is an obelisk of durasteel with a thin layer of obsidian covering most of it with occasional orange glowing glasteel designs that glow brighter the more biologicals it is ascending at any time. This obelisk is connected to the Chron network, requiring a Chron to uplink with it to operate meaning that it has no external control panels or direct ways of interacting with it. Underneath the obelisk is a similar platform of obsidian coated durasteel from which dozens of tubes containing the ascension nanites are located. These tubes are directly connected to any biological via a barbed needle to begin Ascension. The nanites inside will first seek to immobilize the individual ascending by disconnecting nerve pathways until they are incapable of feeling pain and incapable of movement, before connecting their neural tissue with the Altar to begin ascension. After ascension is complete and the consciousness is no longer in the biological body, the nanites will break down the organic matter, converting it into energy to be stored within the obelisk or anything hte obelisk may be attached to.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Myra"]

Interesting device and concept. I feel it would be best at a Limited production given the scope and scale of the nanites involved, but I'm fairly happy to approve this. Just please include a disclaimer around requiring the player's permission for the ascension process.

Myra

M
[member="Runi Verin"]

Added the disclaimer!

I'm hoping to keep it at Minor production due to its significance to the Chron they would have vested a lot of resources into producing as many of them as possible. Yet I do understand if it does really need to be bumped down a level.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Myra"]

I think Limited is still the way to go. Minor production would mean that everyone in the faction (and more beside) could potentially have one of these. Limited would reflect that a smaller, yet still sizable percentage of the faction has access to these. I think that would also give them a bit more narrative weight than a higher production would necessarily imply.

But if you still want to push for minor, by all means. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom