Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Altar of Alternate Eternity (Cronos)

First steps on the Altar
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]​

PlitviceWaterfalls.jpg

Mid Rim
Naboo, Naboo System
Lake County
Village of Yarrow Point.

Luscious idyllic landscapes, rolling green hills, vibrant meadows and cream stone buildings that complimented the natural way of life, working with it rather than rolling over it. To many this was a paradise, the flowing fountains, carrying life and nourishment to agricultural workers or village dwellers alike. One such fountain was at the center of Yarrow point, four streams of cool refreshing blue liquid, streaming down its hand hollowed apex. A small settlement set against the large waterfalls, and tiered lakes which ran down into each other, the people here were happy, not far from Theed but far enough it was only populated by simple farmers and the odd craftsman.

Walking in her Master's footsteps, Red as Red could be, and a sight to the simple village, to see such strangers in their midst. To Sera Intaki Naboo was cool, a moist atmosphere that made her skin clammy, the inner layer of her dark red robes moist and uncomfortably pressing. She had double the layers on today, and was replacing water often. Kintan was the opposite to this paradise of water and life, it was a scorching unforgiving birthplace she had called home, and the further she was from it, the harder the adjustment. The dreams had foretold she would experience such here, so she carried many bottles underneath her robe, fitted aside the scrolls.

They had also foretold the first of the holocrons they were to find would be here, nestled against these simple fountains and folk, endless water, the life blood of a rich and bountiful planet. The first holocron, drenched in such living connection, water's running deep into the planet's core.

Sea blue eyes drank in the visions of the water, and the fountains outside the city, one with the color, in opposition to her scorching heritage and fiery colored attire. "We near the current in my dreams, my Lord. It calls."

Qhorin Solas

Q
This was only the second time I'd had cause to visit Naboo. The first had been to study the Beck-Tori native to it's waters; this time, I came because my -- devotee? apprentice? -- had visions of a Holocron hidden somewhere on the planet, visions gifted by the Force itself. When I first saw her on Coruscant I knew she'd bring change to my life... I just hadn't anticipated it would come so soon.

I had my own reasons for investigating the veracity of her premonitions; Naboo was the birth place of my namesake, the man I was cloned from -- the man whose face and talents I called my own. A Jedi temple had stood somewhere in the verdant jungles and fields of Lake Country, centuries ago. I had dreamed of it on occasion, dreamed of its hallowed halls and bright, sprawling gardens. So too did I dream of Sith assaults on those same halls, dreamed of death, and destruction, and darkness.

There was a piece of him, of Cronos, left behind here on Naboo. A piece of me. I could feel it, like a gentle tug in the center of my chest, constantly pulling...

"We near the current in my dreams, my Lord. It calls."
Sera's voice broke my reverie. I looked up to the sight of a simple farming village; it had a rustic feel, with its tall sandstone buildings and dusty, outdated labor droids. The village's denizens watched us as they carried out their daily business, some with curiosity, others with wariness; I didn't cut a very inviting figure, clothed in my standard, black, slime cut flight suit, and equally black cloak hanging about my shoulders.

I disregarded what my eyes told me, and looked to the Force. Life was rich here -- it teemed in the crystalline waters around the village and the moist soil beneath my booted feet. In that richness, I saw the thin, hazy line running from my chest on into the distance. The Force, however, did not reveal to me what it revealed to Sera.

"Lead the way," I told her, eying her willowy form, bundled in red upon red. She looked fine, but I sensed a measure of... agitation about her, for lack of a better word. She was uncomfortable. I considered the rather unforgiving climate of Kintan, and how drastically it differed from the cooler, more humid Naboo. Her feelings were no different from my own during my first mission to Tatooine. I know how to regulate my body's temperature, however -- the skill was a precursor to Force revitalize, as well as breath control -- so my discomfort was short lived.

"How often had you been away from your homeworld?"

@[member="Sera Inkari"]

"Once for the Jedi and Once for you," Sera said for his ear alone. Passing by at his order, with no small significance in why it had been so important then and there to do so at Coruscant, the priestesses voice honest and truthful, because unlike the other crew she knew. Apparently her crew had run from planet to planet avoiding bounty hunters. Cronos maybe had no cause to ask, or maybe a feeling, that it held a story.

Beginning to move ahead of him, re-tracing her dream-like steps through the village, head held high as a priestess might, the pair caused most to stare but a few to dip their heads just a bit, at the display of nobility on a planet used to responding to it. The ground was rougher under her feet than the dream, the rich family smells from the cooking pots not what she expected when she inhaled of them, and the moisture in the air requiring more water to balance the body's temperature, sating an unspoken but clear need the closer she moved to the lakes ahead.

"A planet, and a womb that feeds from a current which never stops. It is its own natural record in every plant and animal."

Running by their side, currents and streams, everlasting liquid lifeblood feeding and nurturing all life on the planet's surface, following it to its source, over nooks, and a small meadow penetrating into these tiered lakes, sat atop one another. They found themselves within the fountains, walking amongst their misty spray, and still inward to the caverns on which they sat upon. Sera's attentions fell to him again, and if he had walked here before, the question had not been in her nightmares, strong nightmares the priestess had with nowhere to call home, and less ground for her dreams to grow.

The moisture within the cavern greater, and harder to bear, her skin required another bottle to be brought to her lips, pulling the hood tighter only to her hair as she spoke, "this will ask a lot of me." Sera smiled to him, water above and below, ahead and to their sides, it was almost like she was diminished in this grand current, drowning without needing to touch a drop.

Qhorin Solas

Q
She led me through the village into the wilderness beyond. We followed the many streams to a cavern hidden behind falling water, the air inside heavy and humid. Dripping stalactites hung overhead, and strange sounds echoed across the rough stone cave walls. Sera took another drink from one of her many water bottles, her discomfort resonating loud in the Force. Still she smiled, auburn hair plastered to either side of her comely face. She never wavered or faltered from her path, never doubted the will of the Force. I admired her faith. I admired her dedication. Still --

"Sit," I said, coming to stand before her. "I sense your discomfort. Is it the temperature? The humidity?" I sat across from her, folding my legs beneath me. "The Force can ease your discomfort, whatever its source. You trust it with your soul; trust it with your body as well." I held out my hands for her to grasp. "I'll guide you in your first attempt. When you can regulate your bodies processes on your own, we'll continue on."

@[member="Sera Inkari"]​

Sitting atop a soft patch of grass under the fountains, and pulling her robes up so not to crease them. Sera curled her legs by her side, finally lowering the hood, and resting her palms either side of her body to lean upon. "For the body it is the moisture, but also the current, it threatens to drown. Deep is the current here, history and nobility in its veins," palms sprawling against the grass, to the ground as if the sweat from her body was the water nourishing it. It wasn't just dangerous to her body, it was dangerous that she might lose herself in the water around her.

Retaining her identity within this current, not only a danger in temperature, though the moisture was a definite discomfort to the priestess of Kintan. Somewhere beyond all of this that is what she sort for him, and why it was worth the risk, something which represented it.

"I trust in it, the force completely with no question, for it is me, my Master," she smiled at saying the words, giddy in her condition, but true nonetheless. "What must we do to quell the waters?" Sera's body leaned her more towards where he stood, resting it attentively, her condition and her sense of losing herself in this grand current one and the same, Sera needed an anchor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom