Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Also known as mechu macture…

Corvus laughed - but it was a kind sound, not harsh or unforgiving.

"Sometimes we start slowly and have a challenge building up the power. Other times it is the opposite challenge. which is where we find ourselves. Control is key here. And belief. If there is a cornerstone to learning any Ability it is belief."

"There is no try. If you trust in the Force to help you achieve what you need, it will help you. Trust me – or rather trust the Force. Believe you can control the ion flow and you will. I'll not pretend practice won't help, but you need to have faith. If you merely hope it will work, it won't. That much I can tell you about the Force."

She replaced the datapad with another. "Once more, this time with belief."

[member="Ryker Tal'verda"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

He did have faith in the force, And this time he would call upon it. His mind still clear and his form still relaxed he started again. He could feel the ions deep inside himself yearning to be set free from within him. His hand raises once more as the tiny purple sparks jump between his slender fingers. His mind focuses upon the datapad before him as he pools the ions into his hand, a happy smile finding his lips as a single bolt of ionized energy leapt forth from his fingers to gently caress the datapad intoan electronic slumber, Disabling it for the moment.

Corvus watched and sensed what was happening. She nodded her appreciation at his application to the task in hand and his undoubted progress. She checked the datapad. It failed to function and was, to all intents and purposes, dead.

Yet a few seconds later and it powered back up. She checked it over. All functions appeared to be working. ”Excellent,” she said. ”If that were a lock, or a camera, you’d have temporarily deactivated it but caused no long term damage. Any investigation would put it down to a glitch. Nothing more.”

Now she released a training probe, designed for saber practice. ”Same again, let’s see you hit a moving target.”

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Once she releases the training probe he quickly bounded to his feet as the floating ball began to shoot stun bolts in his direction. Though he had to keep moving the Knight kept his mind clear and the force flowing through him as he launched his own counter attack and hurled a bolt of purple ionized lightning at the small probe, Missing it by mere inches before being struck by a single stun bolt and hollering.... "POODOO! that hurt like sithspit!" He quickly cleared his mind once more and jumped out of the way of an incoming boly as he raised his hand and launched another bolt of ionized lightning at the probe, This one striking true and knocking the disabled droid from the air as a smile found his lips.

Corvus nodded. He was a quick learner and the minor pain would dissipate soon enough. "Excellent progress, you are a credit to the Jedi."

She considered other options but could think of none. "So, other than practice, there is little more I can show you. It's about learning to moderate the power for different effects and being able to hit a moving target is always useful." She smiled. "Unless I've missed something?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

With a triumphant smile he quickly hopped to his feet and gave Master Raaf a respectful bow..... "Thank you Master your teachings will be quite useful..... But I do have one question.." His tone held a happy curiosity as he asked. "What would the effects of Mechu Macture be on a biological subject? Possibly stun them maybe?

Corvus shook her head. "It's a similar technique but different enough to say no. The ion stream only works on inorganic. You'd have to learn Force Stun to have the same outcome on a person. And I don't mean blow them up, but to stun them for a second or for a short-while. It's something we could learn another time if you're willing?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"That would be most helpful Master Raaf, And I look forward to the lessons" His calm tone stated as he softly brushed the dust and dirt from his tunic, A low grumble escaping him as he realized that he indeed needed another shower already today.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"That would be most helpful Master Raaf, And I look forward to the lessons" His calm tone stated as he softly brushed the dust and dirt from his tunic, A low grumble escaping him as he realized that he indeed needed another shower already today.

Corvus bowed. "Until the next time then Ryker. It has been an honour and a privilege to train with you."

And with that she headed back to her ship. Her own stomach was rumbling and she had some fresh ryshcate in the refrigerator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom