Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Also known as mechu macture…

jawa_copy_by_corvusraaf-d9kjhja.jpg

The Convocation had ended and Corvus was wending her way back to her ship, having shared as many good-byes as there seemed to be Jedi present. It was her third trip to Yavin IV and each one got progressively better. The first time there was an assassination attempt. The second bore the news the Jedi Order’s Holocrons had been stolen — but handed in, albeit not to the Jedi Order. This time she only had a numb posterior as a negative to take away. Jedi, when gathered together, could certainly talk.

Finally she had a bit of space and picked up her pace, but noticed a face that was familiar — but not so that she remembered the name. It was a Jedi Knight, clearly, so she stopped and bowed, smiling — as was her way. “I’m sure we’ve met,” she said, “So I feel awkward that I cannot remember your name. Were you on Ossus some time ago?”

And at the back of her mind, there was a promise of training made. “Ryker…” she finally said. “It’s Ryker isn’t it?”

[member="Ryker Tal'verda"]

He hated being sweaty, but he was yet again. This time it had come from hours of time spent in the training arena on Yavin IV. This was his first convocation, but he knew very few that had attended. For now he was heading back to his ship for a shower.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] was a woman who was not easily forgotten, It was definitely the eyes that gave her away. A respectful bow was given as well as a nod as she mentioned not remembering his name, Which was fine with him seeing as she then mentioned training. His normal happy smile filling his face and his eager tone bursting forward as he spoke to her. "Greetings Grandmaster Raaf, I hope you enjoyed the convocation, I found it rather soothing listening to the masters talk. As for Ossus I believe you and I spoke briefly but I'm not sure to be honest Master, And yes It is Ryker"

Corvus beamed. She was slightly upset at forgetting his name initially but felt she made up for it and as their chat had been brief, she felt relieved.

“You look as though you’ve been training?” She indicated his perspiring face. “Which is a pity, as I was about to offer you something I’m sure we talked about last time. A skill of great use to a Shadow. An ability to stun or even deactivate a droid. Or any electrical system to be truthful.”

“You’re welcome to freshen up first, or even take up the offer another time?”

It would be an honor to train under you Master Raaf. His smile grew as they spoke....up till he caught a whiff of himself. Training had paid off though the sweat pouring from him had rendered him with quite a pungent odor. perhaps I should freshen up a bit beforehand though

Corvus smiled. "I'm not going anywhere."

So as Ryker disappeared - not doubt to freshen up - she asked around and found a few items that would enable her to show him what she was talking about.

She played them on the ground in front of her...a few portable electronic devices, a few training remotes and an old droid lined up. And content with her selection of items she sat cross-legged next to them and closed her eyes. And she meditated, connecting deeply to the Force. Talking had been tiring and she needed to replenish her energy.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Within moments he was stepping into the shower in his quarters, the heat of the water a welcome relief. He quickly washed away the sweat and grime of training and exited the shower not wanting to keep Master Raaf waiting too long, and within moments he was back in the training pavilion and approaching the Master Jedi. "I have returned ready to train Master"

Corvus smiled as he approached. His infectious enthusiasm was what made her remember him in the end. Like a Padawan's.

"I am fortunate enough to have in my possession the Holocron of Obi-Wan Kenobi. I have also, in my time, seen all of the significant Holocrons of the Jedi - save Master Yoda's. So my knowledge is broad, although I claim to be truly competent at a handful. But since teaching is about sharing knowledge, I am able to show you techniques that with practice, you can be far more proficient at than I will ever be."

"Now tell me, what do you know of Mechu Macture?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

The look on his face would give away his lack of knowledge on the subject, His normally happy smile replaced with a look of slight confusion. The tone of his voice also held a soft thirst to obtain the knowledge. "I'm not sure I've ever heard of Mechu Macture Master Raaf... What is it?"

Corvus smiled. “Not to worry. I have.”

“Some call it ionise. It allows a Jedi to overload and damage electronic systems, such as droids. Discovered by Master Arca Jeth during the Great Droid Revolution. But oddly fallen out of favour of late. No matter.”

“Simply put, the Force creates a stream of ionic energy — typically purple — which can affect and short-circuit droids and other electronic systems. There are three levels to learn. First you can stun a droid or system for a few seconds. Or you can disable enough to warrant a repair. Or you can destroy. Each has its uses.”

“Most useful for a Shadow. Especially one that wants to get past security droids, or cameras, or locks.”

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

His slender red hands would cross behind his back, One laying in the other, As he listened to her speak. He'd heard tales of Master Jeth and the droid revolution but not enough to comment, So he just listened intently as she told him of her knowledge. Her last statements confusing him a bit..... How did she know he sought to be a Silver Shadow.....And about his knack for bypassing security systems? Could she?

Corvus sensed Ryker's unease. It may not be quite that strong an emotion, but there was certainly something there.

"If you're wondering about how I know so much about you? I know Connor very well. And Coci, and to a lesser extent Thurion. So we talk. Especially about young Jedi that will be the next generation of leadership. So nothing sinister or awkward." She smiled one more.

"So, you know how to Meditate?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

His eyes shot to the floor and his head lowered a bit at the mention of Master Harrison, Did she know what he'd done to Connor? Though upon the mention of Master Coci, Ryker perked up a bit as he thought back to his time training with Coci in the use of force running. At this point he felt as though he should use Master Coci's training and running far far away but he knew he couldn't, He wanted to learn from Master Raaf, Not to mention that he doubted he could outrun the Jedi Grandmaster if he wanted too. With that he lifted his head once more and nodded in response to her meditation question..... "Yes Master I am quite good at meditating........ what did Master Harrison tell you?" He asked quickly without thinking

Corvus smiled. Had she touched a nerve? But she wasn't one to tease, so she was honest and straightforward. "Connor? He said nothing in particular. Just mentioned you, that's all. Same with Coci."

"Anyhow, many Abilities can be traced back to Meditation and regardless, when learning a new Ability, I'd always recommend centring yourself before attempting to practice. It allows for a maximum connection to the Force."

"So, sit or stand, whatever works for you." She was still sitting herself. "And connect to the Force. Deeply, as if Meditating."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"ohh OK, Well if he ever tells you I stole his ship.....Don't believe him" He stated with an uneasy chuckle before slowly lowering himself to the ground with his legs crossed. His eyes would close as he cleared his mind and focused deeply upon the force around him to begin drawing it into his limber form. He allowed it to flow freely through him, Once more feeling its comforting embrace as he readied himself to learn.

Corvus chuckled. "I had, have," she quickly corrected herself, "A friend who was always borrowing my ship. She always brought it back though. Although she never replaced the ryshcate."

Aware he was now connected to the Force, Corvus spoke slowly and gently. Her voice a whisper but every syllable easily heard and understood. "Feel the Force flow through you. Through every cell in your body. Then look at the Force. Not with your eyes and not with your mind, but with your whole being. It is composed of many properties. Once you are fully connected we can begin the next step."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

He let out a small chuckle over her story then began listening closely as she led him through his meditation.

He could feel the force filling him, It was a feeling most comparable to bliss or euphoria, A feeling stronger than even the heaviest narcotics could ever grant. His limber form nearly radiated the force as he filled every cell and covered every inch of himself in its glorious power. And as his breathing slowed to near nothing he slipped fully into his meditation thus fully connecting him to the force.

“In this state you will be most receptive to the Force. Now another Ability you can learn in time is Art of the Small. The head of the Shadows of the Jedi Order taught me, and one benefit is the ability to alter molecules. But I digress.”

“You need to tell the Force what you need. Not tell it what to do. Not that. But tell it what you need. The Force can generate a stream of ionic energy. Visualise unleashing that stream on an electrical device to stun it. Allow the Force to do the rest.”

“Once you feel it, we can practice on a real object.”

In his state of meditation he began to focus his mind on a single thought, The thought being that of a small spark. The more and harder he focused the bigger the spark grew. As Master [member="Corvus Raaf"] had told him, He began to not tell what he wanted but instead began to Need for this tiny spark to grow, And grow it did, It grew to the point that he could feel the hairs on his arms and neck begin to stand on end. His focus, like the spark, continued to grow until finally his concentration was broken as the PDA mounted to his wrist shorted out and gave him a small shock...... "I seen it Master, I seen a spark inside myself and focused on it and made it bigger.....Then I blew up my PDA" Came his voice, an excited tone heavy in his words as he smiled up to her triumphantly.

Corvus could sense the build up of ions in the Knight in front of her. She carefully moved her own gadgets away from him - just in case.

She smiled as his PDA clearly expired. “Excellent. You have done the hard part. Visualising is often the greatest challenge with any Ability. Now you know what it feels like. Next you will learn to channel the ion stream and finally to regulate its power. To stun, disable or, as in the case of your PDA…destroy.”

“Open your eyes.” She placed a small datapad in front of him. It was a cheap affair - but it served a purpose. “It’s too far away to touch, so you’ll have to direct the ion flow to it. It will appear like Force Lighting, but it will be purple. So don’t be alarmed.”

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

He looked to his PDA with a frown as he removed the hunk of useless technology from his wrist and set it aside. His attention still however remained focused upon Master Raaf as she explained what he could expect and just how to accomplish it. He then focused his sight upon the device Corvus had laid just out of his reach, His thoughts centering upon the ion energy within him as he pushed it into his hands. He could feel his palm tingling wildly as a bolt of purple lightning shot from his fingertips and struck the PDA much harder than he had wanted, Reducing the electronic device into a smoldering, sparking pile of melted plasteel and computer components. The glove covering his slender hand reduced to smoldering ash that rained from his hand as he pulled it back shaking it violently to try and ease the burning tingle left from the ion bolt that had just shot from his hand.... "That was so cool Master.... But I think I overdid it, My hands numb now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom