Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alright, an update about everything that has happened.

SWRPers, new and old, we've experienced quite an influx of new characters and writers. With this influx, growing pains will be felt, some large, some small. In this turbulent time of change, I ask you to have patience with us. We might have to make decisions not entirely popular with the majority of the member base. But, as you know, the internet isn't full of morally acceptable people, and these people will make force us to make these "unpopular" decisions. It started this weekend with the Shoutbox Spammer, and before him, that nasty, nasty Ewok. I can promise you as we rise in activity, we will see more and more attempts at disrupting this community.

So, continue to police this forum. Every member, every writer, no matter how old or new, how rookie or veteran, challenge each other to be better. You guys are more effective than the few of us on Staff could ever be. Consult the rules, consult the timeline, consult the map - and make sure, politely, that others aren't breaking them. We're working hard to create something new, something fun. A place where you can peacefully sit down, write a post in your favorite role-play, sip your coffee, and not worry about anyone bothering you if you don't want them to. We hope you want this too.

Veterans of Role-playing. I don't want to see you telling new members how long you've been role-playing to prove a point. Experience, maturity, and leadership is measured by more than just years. If you ever have to tell someone you're a "veteran", or that you're "experienced", you've almost already proven you're not. Actions speak louder than words ever could, on this forum more than any other. Transferring in the door is the same as walking in it - you're no different, Jedi Master, Sith Apprentice, Bounty Hunter... you're all men and women who enjoy writing Star Wars and hanging out with your friends.

And with that comes a mutual respect. Show it to each other. No matter if you knew your fellow role-player at another community or not. What has happened at another board, another community, another universe, the slate is wiped clean here.

Keep an eye out for the new theme coming tonight. Here's a Google Analytics screenshot of this last week's activity, as well as a link to the General Rules, to look over in the mean time.

Google Analytics: http://i.imgur.com/RkZrJ6L.png

General Rules: http://starwarsrp.net/pages/generalrules

What we have is a touch chaotic, but it's a comfortable, controlled chaos. Rather that we all pitch in to do what we can than sit back and let less than able 'jesters' come in to try and spoil the atmosphere.

Vanilla Toner

V
Long story Rau'. Best to PM somebody or take it to Skype. We don't talk about 'That Site' here.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Yeah, it would be nice to just let it go already. We're here to start fresh and continue our merry ways. So more with the merry, less with the oldy :p

And nicely put, Teferi. I do like to sip my coffee and not worry about being bothered. ^_^

Aye Aye Captain.

@[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] It does have a bit of a chaotic feel but I think its due to everyone joining almost at once and trying to figure things out. Might settle down once us newbies figure out what we're doing :)

I knew I came to the right place. Especially when I was flooded with such nice welcoming comments when I first arrived. I look forward to have a long and fun time here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom