Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloy Vizsla: Is the vibe right?

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
(Bio here, Thread tracker here) This is mostly for people that write with me, But feel free to answer either way!

TLDR; Does she give off those smooth gunslinger vibes? If not, Can I improve?

((Further feedback welcome, This is all about improving the roleplay of this character

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the decision to decision to play Aloy Vizsla more like an NPC, A catalyst for someone else's story, Than for myself. And I believe that I've grown rusty at writing the real Aloy, Who she was always meant to be or to become.

What I want to know is; When you read my posts as Aloy,

● Does she give the desired smooth gunslinger vibes? Does she seem like a femme fatale but for cowboys\cowgirls who like a fighting woman?
- (^Would updating her vocabulary improve the above?^
● Does she seem properly dedicated to her family and people?
● Does she come off as a professional assassin\spec-ops type or more like the easy going, Loose merc type?
● Am I writing her quirks properly? Am I on top of making her smoke when she's anxious, Or chew her cigarettes\matches? Does her Pyromania(Manifesting in the need to start or watch fire as a stress reliever) coming up often enough to justify being on her sheet?
● Is she talkative enough for someone described as "Talkative For a mando" ? (Is she maybe Too talkative or long winded even?)
● Do you think she kinda sucks for a mandalorian? (No formal melee training, Self taught, Better gunslinger in CQB than she is a marksman etc etc)
● Am I being good about calling her prosthetic leg to attention during posts? Could I be roleplaying her prosthesis better?
● What about emotion? Is she expressive enough despite wearing a helmet? Anything I can do to improve her?
● Combat? Anything I can do to make her fight scenes more interesting?
● Power; Do you think she's underpowered for a mandalorian, Having as few skills as she does outside pistol usage? Should I be making her more powerful or better now that she's had 2 coming on 3 years of character development now?

This is the list of questions that's been nagging at me for awhile now. I know something is missing from her as a character that makes her not as interesting as she used to be and something else missing that makes me feel like she's not the same character I wrote on her sheet or had in mind.

To clarify; This post is meant for people who have already written with this character before and have the experience. I'm not asking anyone to do research and tbh I think it's probably a waste of your time(Tefka please no hurt me), Unless you really do just want to browse my threads for reading's sake lol

In short; This is just so I can link friends and avoid explaining all this over and over <3

PS: Be honest with me, But be constructive. As long as it's not just blatant salt, I can handle it, And I want to know.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

The only thing I can really think of you improving is that you don't really write her quirks a lot, at least from what I've seen. She definitely seems like a more loose, easy-going merc than a professional spec-ops. She just... doesn't seem serious enough for that, you know? She definitely feels more easy going to where it could be pretty easy to not take her seriously enough for that.

I mean, for a Mando, she does seem kinda weak. She is definitely dedicated to her family and people, but she seems kind of weak. It doesn't feel like she has that many skills.

Does she give the desired smooth gunslinger vibes? Does she seem like a femme fatale but for cowboys\cowgirls who like a fighting woman?

Not really, to be honest. Gunslinger? Sure. But smooth? Not really. She's too easy-going for that. At times she can be smooth, sure, but others she doesn't seem like that.

Would updating her vocabulary improve the above?

If you want that, you need to use "ya'll" a lot more. Give her that gunslinger vibe by going full country. She's already got the smoking addiction, but where is the alcoholism? Doesn't seem right to have a gunslinger without alcoholism.

Anyway, I think Aloy is pretty vibe. Of course, there are things that could be improved, but in all you're on the right track.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red Thanks mate. I've talked some others on discord about this and the feedback seems pretty consistent.
I'm going to either improve the consistency of certain quirks or remove them entirely, And I'm letting myself play the character with both more confidence and general power than before.

She does drink though, Just not mid battle which is where most people seem to be meeting her, Idk if that means anything or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom