Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private All's Fair in Love and War

will you sink down to me?

On Fair Tatooine, we lay our scene. . .

Form: Humanoid | Wearing: Farm attire with water tubing underneath |
Equipment: Hydrospanner, generic sidearm and walking stick | Tag: A'Runda A'Runda
"...there." Damsy fit the humidity sensor back onto its staff. The first screw bolt back into place with her hydrospanner, as its baring was positioned in front of her, but its counterpart was opposite, around the pole. Too stubborn to move the junky ladder, she simply leaned further off the uppermost rungs. The water vaporator beeped various warnings at her, which the adjacent patch-in unit translated, as she fumbled to line up the screw blindly. "It'll be fine, Geeex," she grunted mutedly.
It was, though she dropped the durasteel piece. Damsy let it fall all five meters as she glanced warily around. If she strained, she could scan the pleateau above to her farmhut's doorstep. Ever since starting her sabbatical from the Defense Force but a few months ago, she was constantly looking over her shoulder. For Luna Terrik Luna Terrik . For Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner . For Metus. Not even a desolate moisture farm put her mind at ease, though it should have; she had messed up two of her lives so thoroughly that she shouldn't have expected she was worth a Damsy Callat Harassment fund. But part of her did, and for it she hoped she didn't ruin a third chance.
Assured no one was around to see, she turned her attention back to the screw below and extended her hand. The metal gravitated into her open palm, which she could then successfully screw into the vaporator. With a shake of the sensor to make sure it was holding steadily in place, Damsy finally climbed back to the ground. She collapsed the latter into itself and tucked it under her arm, but before she left to replace it into her cave-shed only a few meters away in the courtyard, she stooped. A few fruiting bodies were pushing through the gathered, moist sand ring.
Give them another week.
Mermaid_Divider.png

Last edited:
See with eyes unclouded by hate
Equipment: Lightsaber (Hidden) The Sandman
Wearing: Outfit | Hat
Tags: Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

The twin suns were beamed their brilliant light down on him and his trusty steed Dewback. The large reptile and Tusken forming a rather close bond with one another. A'Runda had found it rather odd the creatures weren't given the same treatment by Tuskens then the bantha. Or at least something similar, after all a bantha could produce milk for nutrition. But given his clan's shortage of the animals when he was banished he passed his down to his younger step brother.

With his goggles on over his eye and dark heavy clothes one would think he would be overheating. But it did well surprisingly. There was an extra layer of special fibers to keep himself cool and keep moister in. But also retain heat when the suns left for the night. The smaller of the two being chased by their older brother for all of time for wronging them as the Tusken's believed.

A'Runda had been given a big responsibility by Madalena to "Liberate" the planet and it's people but to say A'Runda was procrastinating would put it mildly. After he got new of the death of his love, Damsy, he only really felt like he had improving his home and this old dewback to keep himself going. But his life debut was still a matter of pride for him. He just wanted to go about the task she'd given him a little less harshly then the Agents of Chaos seemed to choose. After all Tatooine has had enough cruelty in it's past. It was time to at least try something new.

And so far he would say his own plans of making Tatooine better off is working well. After all who does he liberate it from? The Tuskens and Jawas who call this land home, and have been here longer then anyone else? The settlers who try and live humble lives from criminals trying to exploit them? The Confederacy who haven't seemed to make themselves known on the planet since their initial conquest? There really wasn't anyone to liberate it from, only different diverse groups looking to get what they can from a big dry ball of sand and rocks.

This is why A'Runda has put in the effort to make these different groups more cooperative and independent. Starting is one of the most vulnerable, the Moister Farmers. Getting them to unionize he believed was key to their greater success and preventing exploits and abuse. Also given his very early background still shared a sort of kinship with the humble Moister Farmers. But to do this A'Runda had appointed himself a planetary marshal, and needed to exercise that authority and badge all on his own. Otherwise what good was it.

Once he was in view of the Upasi Homestead he pulled out his old dusty comms-link to let them know they had a stranger looking to visit. Which is why A'Runda wasn't wearing his traditional tusken garbs, to avoid offending or concerning them. Rather slowly A'Runda's trusty steed stumbled forth to the estate as he looked around and asked who was in charge that he could take to.

Mermaid300.png

S T A R C R O S S E D
Tag: A'Runda A'Runda

Damsy dusted off the skirt of her dress as she straightened. She activated her wrist comm, to listen to her guest's hail, before picking up her ladder again and, this time, returning it to its rightful storage space. She didn't recognize the voice just yet, maybe due to the lack of radiation sickness tinging it, maybe something else - such as time apart.
Hiking her skirt, Damsy sprinted up the earthen steps leading up out of the artificially depressed courtyard, two per stride. When she stepped into the loose sand of the plateau above, she dropped the cloth, and it flitted down over her legs, covering the water tubing the kept her cool while working. She cast a glance over her shoulder at her farmhut, before finding the approaching figure on the horizon and going to meet him. Up here, there was a standalone wooden fence to which Damsy had locked her speederbike and covered it in thick canvas tarp. There was room there to tie a dewback, if A'Runda wished. Damsy motioned to it as she neared, not saying a thing regarding her intention but hoping it was assumed nonetheless.
"Hey there," She began before coming to a stop. She threw her weight onto one of her hips and fished a gritty handkerchief from her apron coverall. She began wiping her hands of grease streaks left from handling the humidity sensor. Along with a new body since he had last seen her, Damsy's voice held none of the amphibious rasp it once did.
BcjYxQ.png

A'Runda looked down at her on his steed. Before he got too close him and the dewback stopped before he slid off their back and saddle. Patting the old lizard a few times A'Runda mumbled something to it. It in no way sounded like Galactic standard, and had a lot of rrrr... noises in it. After he spoke the dewback let out a hissy moan as it it replied to the heavily garbed man before backing up some on its own to bask in the sunlight on it's own.

A'Runda had more then enough trust that he beloved steed wouldn't run away or make a mess of things so he turned his attention back to the woman. "Hello, I don't suppose you're the one in charge of this find looking homestead." A'Runda said, his voice was no longer raspy and weak. "I come with important news and offers. Something I highly recommend every moister farm and homestead take part in. Consider me a reper... uh, Representative of sorts." A'Runda continued, almost forgetting out to say repetitiveness. He said before the dewback behind him found a nice little sand dune to bask on top of.

Damsny would also see the gun holstered to his hip, a rather large looking hand gun, possibly something retrofitted since it didn't look like any model she was familiar with. With that and the clothes he wore he looked something like a nerf herder. Like an rough anti-hero from the old holoflics set in the wild outerim. "You can call me Mr. A I don't suppose you're the one in charge here miss?" He didn't wanna say his real name in the unlikely chance they recognize it as Tusken.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

9781619056927dc1639ab8df593b9d2c.gif

S T A R C R O S S E D
Tag: A'Runda A'Runda

She nodded. "That'd be me, yeah," she replied idly, staring left past him to the sandsea. Last she had heard, A'Runda was somewhere sailing it, but that was before she had officially died. Most of the Confederacy knew she was in fact alive by now, but not where she had gone AWOL to. Even Typhan Berrezz Typhan Berrezz didn't. Damsy herself hadn't been sure to where she was bound when she had booked civilian passage off Scarif, but still, not updating him as to her whereabouts now was an attempt to safeguard him. Protection on the legal front was the best she could do by offering her XO plausible deniability, as she could no longer ensure their physical safety on tour.

Still, her newfound status of live-in-action rather than killed- had not been broadcasted to the faction and beyond as the latter had been by herself and then official channels. And that fact left her wondering if her cuddlefish was better off thinking Blackwing had done her in.

Probably so.

She ripped her gaze off of a distant dune and looked back to Mister A. "What brings you all the way out here? 'There a problem?" she asked.
BcjYxQ.png

"No no... You see I've been traveling around the desert to other humble moister farmers and their establishments such as your own here. Now I'm sure you understand that this planet and those one it are of a more, tem...um temperamental? Yeah temperamental type." He said almost messing up his basic at the end there. "I've been trying to get moister farmers to come together some and, in a since unionize I believe would be the right word. Sort of look out for one another in the face of difficulties."

A'Runda explained some to the women. "I know it might seem like it would come into conflict on some freedoms at first glance. But that's kind of the opposite of what's being tried to be done. It's supposed to make moister farmers and their businesses more resilient from exploitation and the taking of freedoms. Now this isn't something you need to do or even decide on at the moment, but I do uh, recommend it a lot."

He didn't know why exactly but the women he was speaking to somehow reminded him much of Damsy, even feeling she looked rather similar. After hearing of her death he couldn't help but feel like he was failing to be there for all those who were important to him in his life. First he heard of what happened to Madalena, which from the guilt is what has compelled him to actually work on trying to make Tatooine a better place.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom