Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allies Are Everywhere

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
After the misadventure in the mirrorverse, and after having some time to heal from the burns to her stomach, Kay had some time to reflect on what had happened. Some people she knew, others she didn't. Some were....different from themselves. Not everyone came back from there, only some of them. And each went their separate ways.

Commenor needed her to help garner more trade contracts and keep an eye on things for them in the Senate. So it took a bit of catching up before she was allowed a break. Most people think of Senators as being rulers or having some authority over the masses, when in actuality they were servants for the planets that they represented and worked really hard. At least....those that didn't have a huge staff worked very hard. Kay didn't have any staff, so she did everything on her own.

She sipped her tea and had looked up some of those that she had met on that misadventure through the holonet. [member="A. Dominion"] was one of them. Having found a way to contact him, she just sent him a message:

-"This is Kay. I'm sure that I don't need to give an introduction. You said that I could look for you. Well how about you come to Commenor? Or Bakura if you like neutral space. Please send word of what you decide."-

Dominion, hiding out on an undisclosed planet, got a message. It was from [member="Lady Kay"], someone he met in the mirrorverse. Asking to meet. A lot had happened sine then, but in so little time.. He still ached, and his new body parts weren't quite perfectly adjusted. But maybe he could meet her.. Sending a message back, he replied with

-"Commenor. Less chance of Sith."- was all it read.

He got into his ship, still equipped with all his normal weapons besides his sword. Starting it up, he manually flew it up and out of the atmosphere, setting coordinates for Commenor for his warp drive. Despite it was a one man ship, it would still be able to hit hyper space.

OOC: I can't find anything on Commenor. Details? I'm guessing it's republic, or at least light side.

Kay-Larr

((OOC Yes, a planet heavy in trade and home of one of the galaxy's best brandy))

It was an odd message to receive, but she understood the basics of it, given what they had been through. Kay sent [member="A. Dominion"] the co-ordinates for the warehouse district that she was in and then proceeded to get there herself. It was away from her office and very discreet of a location. Perfect for private meetings.

Hours later she waited by the landing pad. There was no need for guards as far as she could tell. This was just for information gathering and for possibly gaining another ally. She was dressed like an upper class merchant, nothing too fancy, satchel over her shoulder like always.

Wasn't long before she caught the roar of his ship and stepped back a little as it landed.

Dominion stepped out of the ship, wearing slightly different armor than when they had last met. He wore his helmet, not showing his face. But his walk and demeanor would have been enough to anyone that knew him. He stepped nearer to her, taking off his helmet to show who he was. His hair still covered his right eye a bit, but he trusted her enough to show her his face. "Greetings Lady." He opened up. He kept glancing at rooftops, although in the way he did it it was always natural looking.

"And how may I be of service to you?"

Kay-Larr

Kay did not recognize [member="A. Dominion"] as he had stepped out of his ship as she hadn't been around him long. It wasn't until he took his helmet off that she smiled and bowed her head to him. "Thank you for coming. Please follow me, I've prepared some refreshments."

She didn't leave him much room to answer. Instead she just turned and led the way to one of the warehouses. One of the security staff opened the door for them and she stepped inside towards one of the offices. There was indeed some refreshments, table and chairs, and the only windows in the room didn't reveal anything from outside. They just overlooked the inside of the warehouse.

Kay invited him to sit down. "I figured that it'd be safer to speak indoors. You never know who might be listening." She poured them both some tea. "I wanted to talk to you a bit about what you said in that other galaxy. You said that you knew of my exploits...What exactly is it that you've heard?"

The ex-agent followed her, surprised by her tales of refreshments. The people he was used to dealing with discussed in the shadows of buildings or cantinas. Never an office. He was glad there were no windows to the outside, and nodded at her comment about eavedroppers. "Agreed. Too many people want both of us dead, I assume." He moved the chair that faced away from the door and to the windows beyond the desk, and moved it facing the wall to the left, allowing him to see [member="Lady Kay"] at the desk, the windows, and the door at the same time. Picking up his tea with his left arm and quiet, almost inaudible electronic motors sounding, he sipped it, but only enough to wet his tongue. It was routine for him to check drinks he had for any poisons or paralyzing tonics. He would set down the cup without drinking anymore, the same motors sounding, and he waiting to see if he felt any effects. He didn't think he would, but he couldn't be too cautious.

"For starters, the Holonet is a deep place. You can find anything and everything on there. I know about you collaborating with James Justice, Freeing slaves, and even having to escape a Hutt mental institution, along with being a senator, of course. And you don't have staff to do things for you. You're a brave woman. You even had someone take off all the evidence pointing to you about the slaves, which I could only assume would be the AI we met in the Mirrorverse, Ultimatum. But I assure you, What I meant before wasn't supposed to be threatening. I read up on anyone of importance in the galaxy. Information is the only way I've survived this long."

Kay-Larr

Of course there was nothing in the tea, no poisons or nothing. The tea would only be bad for him if he was allergic. She didn't pay much mind to him moving his chair. [member="A. Dominion"] might have more reason to be watchful than she does.

As he spoke of what he knew about her however, Kay held her breath. The mental institution was real? It was so..bizarre that at times she wondered if it had been a dream. And if he could find this information so easily, well then others could too.

"You know...a lot more than what I was expecting. Yes, Ultimatum has helped me with removing some footage off of the holonet. But how do you know what it was that he was hiding? And if you could find all if this...then others could too. There have been an increasing amount of bounty hunters trying to catch me. Does it say where I travel to? Or where I like to go? If I'm becoming too predictable, then I must change that."

Dominion laughed a little, but only on the inside of his mouth. "Trust me, The only reason I know so much is the fact that it was hard to find things about you. It intrigued me, so I dug a lot deeper than I normally do for others. And as for Ultimatum, I saw the footage before he took it down. Freeing slaves isn't something that goes completely unnoticed. When it did get taken down, I searched everywhere, but never found a scrap of it. It had to be someone who knew there stuff around the net, and who knows it better than an AI?" He sipped more of his tea, still favoring the left arm. At first it didn't go right to his lips, and almost poured it on himself. He recovered quickly though, bringing it higher and sipping more before setting it back down.

"As for the Bounty Hunter problem, If you are having real trouble with that, I can help." He offered. Killing was what he did. And this woman was obviously an ally to him now.

Kay-Larr

And freeing slaves doesn't stop slavery either. She'd been told that time and time again. Yet Kay wasn't stupid in that regard.

She sipped her own tea, half taking notice of his troubled arm while the other half of her mind was trying to work out some sort of plan. "I know that one of the bounties on me offers credits in exchange for anything that I own, as well as information on me. I'm sure that there must be some sort of file on me in the black market. Why else for the sudden attention?"

Now she turned her attention fully on [member="A. Dominion"] . "You fought well against that Emperor, you know. Thank you....Since you know so much about me, I'd like to know some about you. What's your story?"

Dominion's eyebrows raise up. "Story?" He paused for several seconds, drawing out even into minutes. He checks the door and the windows before looking back at her. He had to get his thoughts together. He had never thought of his story before...

"Alright, well.. I was taken into the Sith at a young age after they found me at a boy's home. I had a bit of a reputation that fit their standards because my father beat my mother to death, and I slit his throat with a kitchen knife in revenge." He said that like it was nothing. No more important than eating or sleeping. "I was trained like a soldier, and through the years, I grew through the rankings of their special programs. When my training was complete, I had innumerable amounts of assignments. I invaded planets, I helped set up HQ's, anything for the Sith. As you can tell, I've worked with a lot of Sith. One Sith I worked with was named Vaulkhar, and he was... kinder. He was different from the other Sith. During the mess with the Mirrorverse, he left the order. When I returned, I was the only one in contact with him." He took a deep breath in, then exhaled.

"The Sith ambushed me, and knocked me out. Tortured me. I lost my eye and my arm." He brushed the hair away from his right eye with his left arm, the motors sounding once more to extenuate that it was robotic. The skin around the eye looked rather normal, slight scarring, if anything. But the actual eye was completely mechanical. Red lights in the center and gears and such spinning.

"Then Vaulkhar rescued me. I got rebuilt, mostly. My arm still isn't completely calibrated, but better than no arm." He sat back in his chair, looking a bit more relaxed.

"Anything else?"

Kay-Larr

"You were Sith, but now you're not? Or were you just a trained soldier to them?" Hmm. If the Republic knew about [member="A. Dominion"] being here, it might not be safe for him. Best to keep it under wraps for now. But there might not even be a file on him and if the Sith tortured him and tried to kill him, well then he was no longer an enemy to the Republic. Hopefully anyways.

She sipped her tea. "I have been tortured too, though mine was mostly emotional and mental. But I've never killed anyone before. I still have my blood innocence. My blaster is always set to stun."

"Not sure if this counts as mental torture, but I had.. a lot.. of syringes pumped full of truth serum shoved into me. I couldn't even think anything without words forming. THAT, hurt. But no, I can't feel the force. But I was above stormtroopers. An Agent of Sith." He sipped his tea before continuing. Pretty good, if he had to say so.

"But I thought you said you had a saber? Have you never fought with that? Or do I remember wrong?" He asked her.

OOC: posting on my phone, that's why the speech isn't colored.

Kay-Larr

Kay took another sip of her tea. She had never been injected by truth serum before. Thankfully. But she could imagine how awful that would be.

To his question she nodded a little. "I had a saber, yes. My late husband gave it to me. He taught me to fight with it a little, and I have learned from a few others in time. But I don't think that I'm all that good at it. At any rate, my saber was taken from me when an assassin for the Hutt Cartel captured me. It must be somewhere in the White Palace. One of these days, I'm going to go and get it back."

[member="A. Dominion"]

He sat there, and thought for a moment before proceeding. He had an idea.. and maybe she could help. He downed the rest of his tea, setting it down on the table before proceeding. "You have a bounty hunter problem, and you need your saber back. Let's say we make a trade? I fix those problems with the skills I have, and you do something for me with the skills you have. Something I will most likely need in the near future." He leaned a little closer to her.

"I need a crate of Mandalorian ore, enough to make a suit of armor. Would you have the contacts to make it easier for me to steal some?"

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow as she listened to his proposal. Sure she could use his help, most especially against those hunters. She had too much on the go as it is, that she couldn't keep her attention everywhere.

"Mandalorian ore? We get some shipments of that running through here sometimes. We tend to keep a high security, yet there could be a way for me to....adjust a manifest to allow for an extra crate to be put aside for you. It'll just take me a bit of time to get it all organized. We really can't afford to allow thievery to happen. But this way....we'd both be happy."

Dominion exhaled, smiling as he chuckled a little in delight. So far, The ex-agent had been almost emotionless. And then this? Him smiling was something that rarely happened. "That sounds perfect. I was planning on flying to Mandalore and procure me a crate. This sounds much easier. Who is the bounty hunter on your tail? Or do you know?" He started rubbing his hands together, ready to plan and execute this fellow so he could get his crate.

Kay-Larr

Kay of course didn't know [member="A. Dominion"] well enough to know about how little he expressed his emotions. But it was nice to see him smile. "It is easier and wouldn't give you a bad name amongst the Mandalorians. As for the hunters? I don't know their names. I have had a number of bodyguards, but they never stay. The last one quit after he failed to protect me from a hunter that was only able to catch me because he knocked me out and trapped my guard. But after some talking, I managed to get him to release me. With such high bounties, hunters figure that I'm a bad person. Yet when some discover that I'm not, they let me go. However, I know that such an approach won't work for all of them."

"You will encounter one one day that only wants the money and doesn't care about your well being or alignment. If you have a high bounty on your head, then the best thing to do would be to get rid of it, otherwise bounty hunters will just keep coming after you. Or, we could go the more violent route and I could get rid of them as they come, building up a reputation for you, but guaranteeing an increase in the bounty to counteract. I'm assuming the Hutt's put this bounty on your head?" Dominion asked her.

It was essentially her choice of which way she wanted to go. If he had to go talk to the Hutts, he may have a chance to grab her saber back. But assassinating the bounty hunters sounded like a good way to test his new body parts, specifically his eye.

Kay-Larr

"Get rid of it? I don't think that getting rid of my bounties is possible. I am hated for costing the Hutts and slavers lots of credits. But if you could keep near and help me should the hunters corner me again, I'd greatly appreciate it. But please note that doing so could cause them to put bounties on your head."

That would mean trouble for him as well and she hated putting others in danger.

[member="A. Dominion"]

"Are you worried about me? That's sweet. Bounty Hunters don't worry me. Especially after I can get some new armor. But I can be your bodygaurd in the shadows, sure. Just, don't get angry at me if you get sprayed with a little blood." He smirked. "So, we can get you in public and see if anyone comes after you. Or, you can just go about your business and I'll watch you from afar."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom