Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Alliance R-wing

Status
Not open for further replies.
SYRZiip.jpg

Image Source: [X]
Affiliation: Galactic Alliance
Manufacturer: Incom Corporation, Galactic Alliance
Model: IO/C- Series One, First Generation Raptor (R-wing)
Modularity: Weapons, Paint Schemes, Armour Plating, Interior Components. (Avionics Packages)
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel Hull, Alusteel Skeletal Frame and Bladed Wing Reinforcement, Starfighter Components.
Classification: Space Superiority Starfighter
Length: 10.9 Meters
Height: 6.7 Meters
Width: 15.5 Meters

Armament:
  • [4] Taim & Bak KX12 Laser Cannons. ( Twin Fire-Linked, Or Single Fire.)
  • [1] Weapons Bay. ( Interchangeable Loadout, Befitting Mission Profile.)
  • Two Proton Torpedo Tubes. ( Fire-Linked, Or Single-Fire, Four Projectiles Total.)
  • OR: Concussion Missile Launcher. ( Fire-Linked, Four Missiles Per Launcher.)
  • [1] Underslung Retractable Blaster Cannon.
Armament Rating: Twelve ( Above-Average.)
Defenses:
  • [1] Standard Incom Deflector Shield ( Ray and Particle.)
  • [4] Retro-Thrusters, with Electromagnetic Gyros.
  • [2] Chaff Launchers
Defensive Rating: Twelve ( Above-Average.)
Squadron Count: Twelve ( Alliance Standard Squadron Count.)

Special Features:
  • Standard ( Military Grade) Life Support Systems
  • Standard ( Military Grade) Sensor and Communications Systems
  • Standard ( Military Grade) Navigational System
  • Standard ( Military Grade) Targeting System
  • Underslung, Retractable Spotlight
  • Guidenhauser Flight Harness and Ejector Seat (Additional Padding)
  • Armoured Astromech Connection/Housing Tube
  • [6] Advanced 5l5 Fusial Thrust Engines
  • Addition Inertial Dampeners
  • Alusteel Reinforcements ( Bladed Wings)
  • Modified S-Foil Technology
Maneuverability Rating: Three
Speed Rating: Three ( Two, Atmospheric)
Hyperdrive Class: One
Backup Hyperdrive Class: Five
Consumables: One Week

Strengths:
  • Versatile: As with all things in the bespeckled black, a Starfighter's ability to succeed entirely depends on its pilot. With the affectionately labeled R-wing, the Space Superiority Fighter finds itself ahead of the pack with the most average of pilots. While untested, aside from various simulations and ground runs, the newest Starfighter from Incom has been tested against both starfighters and various grades of Captial Ships, claiming victory in almost every engagement.
Weaknesses:
  • Unspecialized: With the versatile nature of the fighter craft, being a jack of all trades and able to take on other starfighters and battle capital ships, it's abilities to take on effective bombing runs and interception duty are severely lacking. Thus allows other, and more suited starships to fill those required roles.
  • Expensive: As to be expected with all top of the line starfighters that possess a complex and interconnected weave of technology and innovation, such advances come at a steep cost. It's unlikely that an individual contract would be able to purchase more than a single squadron at a time to retain its affordability for the Alliance Starfighter Corps.
khRmCHF.jpg

Description: When the Captain of the Eidolon had defected from the Hapes Consortium, and the One Sith Empire by extension, she had brought with her the technical secrets of the Royal Hapan Navy that had eluded the minds and imaginations of engineers for several centuries. As she was accepted into the fold of the Galactic Alliance, she had bequeathed her knowledge to the technicians on Eriadu at the Incom Corporation's Headquarters and assisted them in the conceptual design of the Alliance Raptor, or R-wing, the next generation of Void Superiority Starfighters to enter the fray. The fighter itself was a blended combination of slender Hapan aesthetics and bold Fresian artistry, spawning an elegant and yet simplistic design that would soon become the nightmare of many pilots in the coming days.

To the naked eye, the most inherent weakness this starfighter would possess is the forward mounted cockpit. Normally, such assumptions would be correct, however as the materials used to protect the pilot from the void are hardened, and textured plates of glasteel, nothing short of a head-on collision with a hostile craft or asteroid would breach the self-contained environment. (Damaged sustained during combat, notwithstanding.) Due to the almost transparent nature of the forward module, the seated pilot within is afforded an unparalleled view of Naval theatre, allowing them to operate on visual confirmations and instinct as well as the data registered by the implanted sensor suite. Knowledge is power, after all, and to deny a pilot of such a crucial element to combat a hostile threat would be catastrophic. Much of the craft after such a departure from conventional cockpit designs had remained the same. Drive units were located at the rear of the starfighter while much of the weaponry was located upon the craft's ventral surface.

With the numerical advantage of having six short burst retro-thrusters placed along the length of the fuselage, Raptor Pilots had found themselves able to perform the most refined manoeuvres in both atmospheric and void-based engagements. They were able to alter their momentum swiftly and garner the advantage of surprise when faced off against known variants of Starfighters, often shooting down their foes after performing absurdly tight-knit turns. To compensate for the artificially generated gravtic strain placed upon the pilot, additional inertial compensators were installed, and the ejection seat was further enhanced by a secondary layer of padding. While much of the technology was devoted to the central section of the fighter, the more primitive supplements were focused along the bladed curvature of the wings. Like the spiritual predecessor and Incom's legendary line of Starfighters, an S-Foil system was installed where the pinions had adhered to the central section of the fighter, drawing the talon shaped wings back from the cockpit, to lock in the attack position.

Development Thread: To be linked if required.
Intent: To create the next generation of Alliance Starfighters, blending old Hapan Consortium designs with the technology of the New Age.
Who Can Use This: The Galactic Alliance Starfighter Corps
Primary Source: N/A ( Repurposed Canon Items.)

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Astarii Saren"]

Astarii Saren said:
Armament: [4] Taim & Bak KX12 Laser Cannons. ( Twin Fire-Linked, Or Single Fire.) [1] Weapons Bay. ( Interchangeable Loadout, Befitting Mission Profile.) - Two Proton Torpedo Tubes. ( Fire-Linked, 6 Projectiles Per Tube.) - Concussion Missile Launcher. ( Fire-Linked, 12 Missiles Per Launcher.) [1] Underslung Repeating Blaster Cannon.
on this will need an armament rating. Standard for a fighter is 10 but your defense is 12 so you may need to low this to balance out the def.
Also you have too many weapon systems here.

[4] Taim & Bak KX12 Laser Cannons. ( Twin Fire-Linked, Or Single Fire.) this would be 4 weapon systems
[1] Weapons Bay. ( Interchangeable Loadout, Befitting Mission Profile.) This would be 3 warhead launchers
- Two Proton Torpedo Tubes. ( Fire-Linked, 6 Projectiles Per Tube.)
- Concussion Missile Launcher. ( Fire-Linked, 12 Missiles Per Launcher.)
[1] Underslung Repeating Blaster Cannon. this would count as 2 weapon systems

You are allowed 4 weapons and 2 warhead launchers.

On the issue of the Armament rating, I wrote it as Offensive when I typed the submission together. So it'll be edited as soon as this reply is made.

When it comes to the weapons, I can see why there would be some cause for concern in regards to the weapons bay. It'll be edited along with that choice of wording, but it's a choice of either or, not both. For the underslung blaster cannon? I'm not sure why you'd consider it as two weapon systems - when it's a single barreled cannon. However if that's another cause for confusion, I can straighten it out with a little addendum.

| [member="Reshmar"] |

ADM. Reshmar

Astarii Saren said:
[1] Underslung Repeating Blaster Cannon.
rapid fire weapons are x2 and even if it was a single systems it is still 1 more than a fighter can have. If you would like to do 10 posts of development for the extra weapons load that is fine or you could weaken the ship somewhere to compensate. You could lower the maneuvering to 4 to compensate for the extra weapon system. Or make the 4 laser cannons Light Laser Cannons.

Ah, that's good to know how your judging system works then. Well, seeing as how that's the case I can easily do the ten posts for a dev thread, since weakening the starfighter would make it an inferior choice for the Alliance; due to the exact same, if not similiar loadout listed above being available on the now Canon T-70 X-wing's.

So I take it that this is to be archived until said thread is finished, yes?

| [member="Reshmar"] |

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Astarii Saren"]

I can give you a few days to do the development but I will check back in 3 or 4 days to see if its done and if it will be longer at that point I will archive it then till it is done.

Due to time constraints and my focus being unable to cooperate with me, I've dropped the payload for the launchers and ensured that the choice between their loadout was cemented with an either or. Would it be possible to sub out the second warhead launcher for the Underslung Blaster Cannon? (I removed the repeating there, and replaced it with retractable.)

| [member="Reshmar"] |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom