Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private All you need is here

Between Kattada and the Dawn Treader the Starchaser seat of power was constantly changing. Coren would always claim they were from Corellia, and that was true, to a degree. But what the Jedi Master knew nowadays was it was wherever the family congregated. Maybe that was what it was all about, and without an active war to go diving into, and more effort being used to assist Romi Jade Romi Jade , the Jedi here was able to be more than a warrior. He was able to be a researcher, an explorer again, a stateman he still was not, but he was able to assist with a great number of things for most Jedi now.

Perhaps it was Life Day approaching, or just the feeling of peace that was on Kattada, and having Jared and Kaia check in regularly, but life seemed like it was making sense without the wars. Sure, Kyra Perl Kyra Perl was still out there, doing her thing, but he was keeping in touch with her. Still, from their suite in the tower, Coren and Celeste had a place tokeep all the children when they were in system.

And when most were out, it was just the ones who needed to be around. Still, as the sun came in through the tinted photovoltaic windows that helped power their unit on the main spire of the Jedi Temple on this world. Clouds passing in the light wind as Coren was already up, caf in hand as he looked out over the island the Temple called home, another cup waiting for Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel .

Celeste’s eyes fluttered open, and she was greeted by the gentle warmth of the Kattadan sunrise. It was a pleasant way to wake up. She’d never dreamed that she’d live on such a world.

But here she was.

It wasn’t a dream. Coren’s steady presence anchored her in reality and so did the delightful aroma of fresh brewed caf. She sat up in bed and looked to the window, where her husband stood silhouetted against the blue of the sky and surf. “Good morning,” she said with a smile.

She traded the cozy blankets for a robe and slippers and rose to join Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser . Glancing sidelong at him, she had to admit that it was nice having him here at home. Their days were still full, but the constant worry of war didn’t trouble her. The galaxy was far from perfect, but a difference could still be made. Celeste gave Coren a quick kiss on the cheek and found the cup of caf he’d prepared for her.

“Another day,” she said. And she wondered, briefly, how they’d spend it. But first, caf…

It was the one thing that he really was enjoying about post-warrior life. Every day was going to be different, it was going to be busy, most days, especially with his new take on life, learning, teaching, relic hunting, relic interpretation. He had a team that lived on Kattada who were hoping to learn from him, and even more who were working with the Frontiers Corps. That group was great at not only finding relics of the past, but also practices that were lost to time.

What he most enjoyed about being away from the war front was his family here, mostly his wife, if he was being honest, but the Twins and have a place for Atticus, and the rest of the Starchasers to call home, to use as a base. Feeling Celeste's prescence around on the daily was doing wonders for his mental state and helping him from feeling too lost without some war to fight or another.

As she approached, he could only smile, sipping the warm caf, not the real way he preferred it, more preferred it iced, but well, that involved work. And Kattada would melt it anyway. As she spoke, he nodded. "And its all ours. I think we have a ship coming in later today but until then, the day seems to be ours." He grinned as he looked at his wife.

Without a war zone to run to he was feeling, for the first time in what felt like decades… relaxed.

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel

She nodded. Indeed, the day was theirs – until something inevitably came up. Being a healer, she was contacted to treat injuries... accidents happened. And Coren, he could be called away on Jedi business. Celeste, for one, was very content with this time well spent.

Celeste closed her eyes as she drew in the strong scent of the caf. After a sip, she set the mug down and joined Coren by the window once more. Her hand reached for his and gave a squeeze. Her gaze, however, was drawn to the sandy shore far below them. From this high up the view was tawny browns, brilliant blues, and dots of green. Life day was approaching, but the season was just different here – not at all like the cold that often found Silver Rest on Kashyyyk.

"Are Kyra and Kaia and Jared coming home for Life Day?" Celeste's gaze shifted to Coren. "It'd be nice to see everyone."

Atti was due to arrive on Kattada soon, too. Celeste missed him and had been counting down the days. She remembered the time they'd spent on Kashyyyk, the tall trees decked out in festive decorations. Palm fronds were nice, but they didn't exactly hold up under the weight of baubles and garlands.

"How hard would it be to get a Life Day tree?" She smiled, and added: "a real one, not a fake one."

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

The one nice thing about not being on the Council, or in anyone's real leadership circle, aside from that which Masters helped with, and the Enclave Network and with the Ossus Initiative, was that he didn't have too many groups to be called by. Celeste was going to be helping the wounded and he was… well, now, he was going to be here until a war was called. But there were others, so it was more a time to work on research.

Smiling as he looked over the island from their apartment, he felt her hand and squeezed back. Life here was nice and peaceful, the focus of his efforts, and the reason he fought the wars. It was time to be rewarded, to relax, to enjoy it. Still, it didn't always mean that the home was going to be safe, but it was nice to watch the world from here.

"I hope they will, Jared may, Kaia might… Kyra… she's working on finding herself…"
He took a second to think about that. "Would we want to have them here? Or did you want to get somewhere that looked like the holiday?" For him, and growing up on Corellia, Life Day was a winter esque holiday. Many of the Jedi and others calling Kattada their home were decorated, and at night the lights would light up the island in the special hues.

"And we can, absolutely… We could even get whoever is nearby, make the trip out to Kashyyyk or Commenor, or somewhere on the Rim to find one."
The perfect one, really.

Celeste gave a small nod. Jared and Kaia were grown and were already out on their own by the time she'd entered their lives. But Kyra, Celeste still felt she had a chance there. Even if their relationship as step-mother and step-daughter started off rather rocky. Now, she hoped the young woman wouldn't stare daggers if they met again – and Celeste would give her the time and space she needed.

"Hmm," she arched her brows momentarily.

Really, they could take the holiday anywhere they wanted. Though, Kattada was their base of operations now, home was anywhere they decided – anywhere they were together, at least.

"I suppose we could make a trip of out it," Celeste said after a thoughtful pause. "We always could swing by Kashyyyk, couldn't we?" Yes, that could work quite well. Atticus would be stopping at the temple with his Master, and they could always meet up there.

"Speaking of Life Day," she returned her attention to Coren. "Have any ideas about what to get the twins this year?"

The older kids, the ones from before his nap in carbonite, were still coming to him when they needed it. Jared was taking up the warrior creed Coren had set down, and Kaia, the one who always challenged him, was working on running the company and handling the exploration aspect of what was expected from a Starchaser. Coren… well, he found the balance, warrior when absolutely needed, but a Jedi Sage of sorts. Then there was Kyra, the lost of the adult-ish children.

"We can always send a message out to Kyra." He had his was, of course. If someone was logged doing any time as a Jedi, the man could find them. Not to mention his own child.

"I think it'd be great to head to Kashyyyk. Atticus may want to come? And the twins for sure." He took a beat to hear her question. "I suppose you'd kill me if I try to get them into starfighters already?" A sheepish grin on his face. Maybe with these ones, he'd let them come to the world of flight. Jared, Kaia, and Kyra have become harder to track since they took flight.

Celeste affected a stern look, her dark eyes narrowed as she looked over the top of her coffee mug at Coren. But, she was smiling – and it soon extended to her gaze. The healer laughed and gave her husband a playful nudge.

"You know me too well," she said, her tone of voice still light with laughter. "It is far too soon for starfighters." Celeste paused thoughtfully and then heaved a sigh. "Though, Valora would love it." And she followed that statement with a meaningful look, as if to say: but don't give the girl any ideas.

"And yes, Atti will be arriving on Kashyyyk soon, actually." Celeste said with a smile. "We can pick him up there – I'll send a message to his master."

She put down her mug and gazed out towards the blue waters of Kattada. The sun was already warming the beach; donning a sweater was an odd thought. But Celeste was already running a list of things to get packed. However, she knew it was best not to get too ahead of herself.

"You know," Celeste started. "We ought to think about an artifact – something – to preserve the Starchaser legacy." She looked to Coren. "An heirloom."

The thing with Coren and Celeste is that they both helped each other grow. She definitely calmed him down, and helped give him a focus. She was maybe learning to let go of some stability, and well, they had been working hard on making Kattada work, along with a spot on Kashyyyk and Commenor. But on top of that, knowing when it where to run to, if the Rim needed it or if the Sith came calling.

But that was not what they were thinking about today. Now, they were worried about Life Day. It was good to be a Jedi without a war. "I mean, we can get them airspeeders, and skimmers over the seas…" He grinned as she stated it was too early for the starfighters. He could get them their own freighters, but maybe just an airspeeder to start…

Valora Starchaser would become a problem with one of those.

"I go save the galaxy and she still wants an heirloom." The Corellian muttered with a grin. "I have been updating the holocron. But … what were you thinking?" He looked to his wife for a moment, curious.

"I'd be okay with a skimmer," Celeste said with a nod. Things around Kattada were relatively safe, and the waters were quite tempting when the weather was hot – which was most of the time.

And she couldn't help but laugh at Coren's response to her idea.

"Well," she started with a smile. "I'm not terribly sure." It was a seed of an idea at the moment. Saving the galaxy was for anyone – and everyone – that called the galaxy home. A Starchaser holocron was bound to be studied in the future by hopeful Jedi looking to follow in Coren's footsteps, and perhaps her own, if they had an interest in healing.

"I'm thinking something on a smaller scale." Celeste took a sip of tea. "Just for family. Perhaps something that can be passed down... a saber or some kind of trinket?" In her head, it would probably go to Jared next.

Celeste arched her brows at Coren. "Or perhaps we can draw from relic we've found?"

The nice thing about the world that the Starchasers had unofficially taken as their charge, and the new training center for the ExplorCorps. Sure, it was in the Rim, but the explorers could find the hidden pathways between everything if they just looked in the right direction. The world was warm and safe, protected on the sides from the Alliance and Concord. He could live here. Hoped it was keeping the girls, all of them, safe.

"I am sure we can get them some used skimmers. Less of a fall if they crash." He grinned as he spoke, teasing his wife. The way he was raising his family was so that they didn't follow in his footsteps. Kaia was able to be her own woman, he could only hope the same for the twins, and knew that Joza Perl Joza Perl would come calling if Kyra followed his steps.

"There are a few options. I do have a compass I liberated from a vault. A saber is a symbol of the Jedi, but it is also a symbol of war… I have worked with my last apprentice to create a crystal for the family… They are around for the girls when they are ready. And if you feel the need to update your own blade." The Corellian nodded.

"We could work on a proper, adjustable compass. Or something to allow with focus… and clarity of thought."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom