Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Truth in Blood

Zoë Inque

Z
nar-shaddaa.jpg

Having finished going shopping, Zoë wove her way through the streets with her lightsabers gently slapping against her thighs. Her leather boots caused water to splash up loudly in one of the quieter parts of Nar Shaddaa's New Vertica. A city of many wondrous things that most people don't want to wonder about. But she lived here with her sister in a small one bedroom apartment. She was on her way there now.

The building rose high into the air and now that she had gotten into more residential areas of the city there were plenty of people to dodge and get around. Making her way to the elevators she waited to get on until no one else was in the elevator with her. After having secured an elevator to herself finally, she punched their floor number in and began to shoot upwards.

The elevator deposited her in a chrome and sleek looking hallway with an old Trandoshan janitor mopping up a pink substance that looked diluted with water. Finally arriving at the door she punches in the number code, swipes her card, and allows the eye scanner to read her eyes. Playing things safe was the only way to play. You never know who wants you dead.

"Hey sis!" Zoë says, walking into the room with a smile.

@[member=Jayne Inque]

@[member="Zoë Inque"]

"Hey." Her evil eyes seemed quite dulled by her smile as she looked over at her sister, stepping over to give her a soft kiss on the forehead. "How're you doing?" She loved her sister dearly - in fact, she was the only one who Jayne could truly rely on. Wrapping her arms around her sibling, she gave her a smile as the two carefully embraced.

"Sis... I haven't been feeling too good recently."

Zoë Inque

Z
Breaking the embrace, Zoë held Jayne at arm's length, carefully looking her over trying to find what was wrong. "What do you mean?" Her face had a big frown cast over it as she inspected her eyes which seemed to never effect her like they did to others. Lightly brushing a spec of dust off of her sister's shoulder, she rested her eyes back onto Jayne's. She seemed pained and she couldn't figure out why.

@[member="Jayne Inque"]

"I dunno... It's pain. Pain in the body. The best way to describe it would be... needles. Everywhere. It hurts..." Sighing, Jayne grew weak, falling ever more into the embrace of pain. Standing was becoming exceptionally hard as she leaned more against Zoe. A soft sigh crossed her face, and her eyes seemed to flicker for a moment before returning to their normal state.

"What's happening to me?"

@[member="Zoë Inque"]

Zoë Inque

Z
Zoë took the groceries she had gotten into the small kitchen. "We're going to the doctor. The one that tested us for our DNA. Remember him?" She gives Jayne a weak smile of encouragement. Without waiting for a response, she grabs Jayne's hand and leads her out the door. The doctor they were going to was trustable and they had gone to him for most of their needs throughout their years on Nar Shaddaa and he was close to the both of them.

---

"Doc, something's wrong with Jayne."

@[member="Jayne Inque"]

"I see... What seems to be..."

His words dropped off as he looked at her eyes. From the corner of them, tears began to drip. But these were not tears of salt-water, no... these were tears of blood. The crimson liquid flowed down her cheek, near her nose before it dripped into her mouth through her upper lip. "Doctor... why am I crying blood?" Even she knew this wasn't natural.

@[member="Zoë Inque"]

Zoë Inque

Z
The doctor took the both of them into his operation room. Seeing how much blood Jayne was losing, he quickly took a sample of Zoë's blood and checked to see if the blood type matched after taking some from Jayne's bleeding eyes. He moved with amazing speed. "Hurry!" Zoë shouts at him. But he replies quickly. But it wasn't a shout. It was a whisper. "What? Speak up," she says with concern laced throughout her voice.

"I said. The blood type doesn't match."

@[member="Jayne Inque"]

"But... We're sisters... How does that..." And with that, Jayne grew quiet. Sighing, she fainted, unable to say anything.

"I'm sorry, Zoe. You two are adopted."

@[member="Zoë Inque"]

Zoë Inque

Z
"But..." They had grown up together as sisters, she loved her as such and that's how things had always been. She looked to her sister. "Jayne! Your eyes! They stopped bleeding," there was good news at least. But that didn't mean everything was good. "How re you feeling?" She asks, her voice dropping into a gentle tone. "Doctor, make sure she's fine," she commands.

@[member="Jayne Inque"]

"I feel... terrible." Sighing, she didn't know what else she could say. She didn't feel the pain anymore, admittedly, but she didn't know what else to say. "Zoe, I've always loved you. We're sisters..." She passed out again.

"We need to get her home. Nothing is medically wrong with her anymore, and I can't keep her here for emotional issues."

@[member="Zoë Inque"]

Zoë Inque

Z
Later at home after Jayne had gotten into bed to sleep Zoë put away the things she had gotten earlier. She sat with a sigh at the table, worrying for Jayne. She needed to get sleep as well. In the bedroom she took her clothes off and got into a simple bra and some underwear. Laying down in bed, she turns onto her side and cranes her neck over to kiss her sleeping sister -friend- goodnight as she has always done. But she lingered longer, kissing her again.

@[member="Jayne Inque"]

Opening her eyes, Jayne gasped. "Zoe... We're still sisters though, aren't we? I must be adopted... or you must be. I don't know anymore..." With a sigh, she closed her eyes again, bringing a hand to her sister's cheek. "It's okay... I know how badly this must've hurt. Let's snuggle, like we used to."

After all, their parents' identities had been a mystery. It was just them.

@[member="Zoë Inque"]

Zoë Inque

Z
"We are what we want to be Jayne..." she looks at her sister. What did she want? What was this all for? "Can I show you what I want? Please. I think you will be okay with it if I just show you. We can still be sisters. I promise." But she wanted just a little bit more...

@[member="Jayne Inque"]

"Show me. I'm... okay with it. For now." Inside, she felt such pain. If only she knew what it was from...

But she would find out. Oh, she would find out...

@[member="Zoë Inque"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom