Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private All things in time.

uO90OdPZcLbkINLLRQgncsLMmeQye5CH8ZOIsF5VYBIpPwt9iihTCQG_DOlV-LA0vHG4-smEWQZM3BVDnd9B0kvFjccrEPsRaCHX_wTKCDQEVVhykDq5IXznMHN7jLNsk8mbXNtLJMgCxE3J-KpCV7PbisAMEa-uQPtmMSeq8HvydWcrHH969P95bk2dDw

kV9Ok41ybS04yqG87LfIRclVLK4H4CO8S75nG8do-1zeRBO-gUalWzEVPtkTxI8vPnKEWqkDsh84ln9BYPJWudKM0jnpHsTvoDb3ZXRYPaOOxu8dYr8ZlC0XlPuwBhmd7z5due5dD4Xy2Iz5v6WsYB0vBOnq3qAYxVot7bNrLXhSANx9eRcyk2Nm-7u6aA

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Jutrand
Tag | Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Time, a mystery to many... An unbreaking dogma that clasps it claws firmly into the flesh of all things no matter what they were. How much time had past since she was first approached by Empyrean and brought into the order? In the end it doesn't matter, nor did it matter how many steps she needed to climb... All things in time. A popular saying and one she took a keen understanding to, seeing people age or fall in combat. Meanwhile she had almost owned a planet if she wanted, surrounded by her army of undeath crafted by her very hands. Though in the end, the ownership of said planet would have dragged her into pointless politics and squabels. And so now she sat silently at a small coffee shop, ruby eyes watching people go by, and with each sip she took the bitter drink gave a kick to her studious mind. A pale hand gently turned a page, the words a mystery to almost any who laid eyes on the thing, recently acquired by the occultist for the obvious purpose of study.

Little around her concerned the woman, not like anyone could get the jump on her anyway.

L8J730U0JCXkRN2jDY_vm8aRCZWFxKVBzpvaB3hcf7tuC2oIvaAzl9gKEN2ZTpzNRrTF-NYJcX_2OvE_34Fa1I6Q55kDnTo1plD9rt5qk0Ujv5pDIgrBDTx90eJNWJ2duFiMWpnoL9uKe2rGq-Ii_WaMk4GSb7KVrnJRz7knrfiA1lzBdLH5rwEDCbBcaw

How long had it been since he'd been back in society? A week? Months? A year? Time seemed so strange to him now, the many minds that made up the greater whole that was his foundation made time seem so irrelevant. He'd endured the tragety of senesence through the eyes of others. Watched loved ones and enemies grow old and die. Regrets, both vitriolic and virtuous, swarmed about in his chest during his meditations. Emotions he knew, he acknowledged them, accepted them as his own, and added them to his arsenal. He did not possess just one man's rage, hope, joy, and sadness.

He wondered if it were appropriate to say he was legion.

He chuckled at the rather arrogant thought, humming delightedly to himself as he made his way down the sidewalk. Jutrand was as cosmopolitan as always, a city world flush with an infininte number of species and points of view. It wasn't coruscant, nothing was comparable to coruscant, but it was an ecumenopolis of its own breed. He stopped next to a corner and adjusted the collar on his cassock, brushing off the red sash around his waist. A few people eyed him curiously as they went. He struck a cut like a Jedi, and yet the colors were Sith, and yet again his demeanor was pleasant, even affable. He smiled and greeted anyone who looked his way without hesitation.

He delighted in the moment, savored every facet of experience, life was life, and it was worth living no matter how many lifetimes you'd simulated, or truly lived.

His cheery musings slowed and skidded to an abrupt stop, the speeder in his mind slamming into a stop-sign and splititng in half, the driver bisected. He practically tripped over an ugnaut that was waving at him to stop walking as his eyes caught hold of -

"Breathtaking..." He murmured, slipping the angry ugnaut a cred-chip without even looking at the small male. Instead, he stood transfixed, his eyes less focused on the woman sitting at the cafe table. But more at the presence about her, the aura his empathy picked up on. The subtlelty of it. If he hadn't been actively looking around he wouldn't have even noticed her. It was as if only looking directly at her picked up on it. Incredible. He strode away from the Ugnaut, crossed the street in a few quick steps, and stepped into the coffee shop, letting up on the constrictive hold he had on his force wound. The chilling aura rippling out from him.

It was his way of saying 'hello'.

Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua

1pOTktR.png

uO90OdPZcLbkINLLRQgncsLMmeQye5CH8ZOIsF5VYBIpPwt9iihTCQG_DOlV-LA0vHG4-smEWQZM3BVDnd9B0kvFjccrEPsRaCHX_wTKCDQEVVhykDq5IXznMHN7jLNsk8mbXNtLJMgCxE3J-KpCV7PbisAMEa-uQPtmMSeq8HvydWcrHH969P95bk2dDw

kV9Ok41ybS04yqG87LfIRclVLK4H4CO8S75nG8do-1zeRBO-gUalWzEVPtkTxI8vPnKEWqkDsh84ln9BYPJWudKM0jnpHsTvoDb3ZXRYPaOOxu8dYr8ZlC0XlPuwBhmd7z5due5dD4Xy2Iz5v6WsYB0vBOnq3qAYxVot7bNrLXhSANx9eRcyk2Nm-7u6aA

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Jutrand

The sudden arrival of the awkward acting man would cause the occultist to slowly close her book, gazing up at the man who obviously wanted something from her... His eyes and general stance were not like the many people she studied, it was easy for the hunter to tell this prey was not from around here at all.. No... But was it even worth the time?

She takes a hold of her cup, lifting it slightly as the bitter liquid was sampled. While the energy aspect wasn't something she could take much advantage of, the taste of the black coffee was rather appealing...

Meanwhile, the feeling around the area was new, yet at the same time it didn't spook her off at all. If anything the new was eagerly hunted down by the occultist to study it... Mayhaps eat it even?

And so, her eyes were locked within study... Give it time and she will know his mannerisms and more.

L8J730U0JCXkRN2jDY_vm8aRCZWFxKVBzpvaB3hcf7tuC2oIvaAzl9gKEN2ZTpzNRrTF-NYJcX_2OvE_34Fa1I6Q55kDnTo1plD9rt5qk0Ujv5pDIgrBDTx90eJNWJ2duFiMWpnoL9uKe2rGq-Ii_WaMk4GSb7KVrnJRz7knrfiA1lzBdLH5rwEDCbBcaw

Nwul couldn't tell what she was, it was strange. Usually he had a good impression of a being's nature by the feeling or appearance. But everything about her seemed off to him. Was it a creature that didn't exist in the memories of the many hundreds of minds that he had consumed? Seemed unlikely. But he had other options to consider. He felt her attention shift towards him momentarily, his empathy picking up on the momentary focus before it drifted into mixed territory.

She sipped her coffee and he sighed dramatically, that wide smile of his never fading. So that was how this was going to be.

He scratched his head and walked over to the counter before leaning against it and winking at the barista, "A double shot latte, paranut creamer, three sugars, whipped cream, caff enhancer, and uh... some of those little chocolate bits, yeah," He said, tapping his financial card on the counter. The woman nodded and made up the absurdly sugary drink before passing it over to him. He took a sip and snickered then made his way over to the woman's table.

"This seat taken?" He asked, placing a hand on the chair across from her.

1pOTktR.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Jutrand

She sets her cup down gently before stowing away her book within a satchel, pondering what it was this man wanted.

"No, the seat is open."

It wasn't hard to tell that she wasn't the only one locked in study, many sets of eyes would peer into her own, the hungering rubies piercing right into them.

"I must say, your order was rather... Eccentric to me, too sweet for my own taste. You must have a sweet tooth, I suppose some don't grow out of it."

The strange woman poked a little harmless fun, taking another sip of her own blackened coffee. Despite her slightly differing appearance to others, she didn't seem to have any notable force aura. If anything it too seemed normal, much like the average citizen walking just outside the window.

Nwul broke into a wide smile as she permitted him to sit, slipping into the chair with an easy movement and letting out a relaxed sound. He scratched his chin thoughtfully and took a sip of his drink. He watched her face for a moment before setting it down, "I've been on my feet all day, nice to get a little bit of relaxation, yeah?" He said with a sigh, leaning back before choking at her comment.

He coughed out a laugh and looked away with a grin, "We've all got our vices, I've got one tu'kata of a sweet tooth, that's for sure. Never tires. My acolytes say its bad for me but I work it off," He said with a sigh and shrug, sipping again at the drink. The sugary flavorful expression brought a wealth of emotion and pleasantness to him. He savored the positive emotions and consumed them, turning them into fuel.

"What about you? Quite the opposite, I'd say. Is it the flavor of black coffee or is it just the delivery system for your caffine?" He canted his head to the right, trying to get a bead on her. Her power was muted, she seemed so normal, but his senses in the force told him that she was different. She was like his opposite. Where his force wound was something he struggled to hide and his emotional aura was something he kept on display. The intense heat of his darkness, rather than a chilling cold, was like a bonfire of black flame boiling out of a crucible. A comforting if dangerous heat in the force. He sipped his drink again, "What are you reading, if I can ask?"

1pOTktR.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Jutrand

"Full of questions are we?"

The woman faintly smiles back, setting down her cup before clasping her hands together.

"It is the taste really, never have been one for sweets... I also can use the energy to help with said book you asked about, proper study of anything requires time does it not? In such time it can be hard to sleep, perhaps knowing deep down that maybe just a little more time and I can crack a puzzle. Tsk, but alas I am not one to openly share my findings... Not that you would understand it anyway."

It sounded rather rude to say it in such a way, as if this scholar was insulting his intellect. Yet, she spoke the truth, nothing within that book was able to be read by almost anyone. Tongues so alien and foreign, all from something beyond our stars. Such a little thing could drive you mad, failing to understand the unknown.

"Acolytes you say? So... You teach at the local academy then?"

Nwul shrugged, sipping at his drink, "Of course I am, I'm an academic," He said offhandedly, his eyes drifting back down to the book in her hands. He wondered if he could handle it, probably, given the strangeness of his mind. He had so many minds inside of him that he figured he could afford to lose a few of them in the pursuit of knowledge. Hm, multiple minds working together. Now there was a thought. He chuckled and looked away from the book, not letting her comment bother him.

While it sounded interesting, his curiosity wouldn't be satisfied through a tantrum.

Instead the man who had consumed a thousand minds sipped his candy-like drink again as she posed her question. He shook his head, "Mm mm," He started, swallowing hard, "Haha, no no, I don't I'm afraid, I'm something of a traveling educator. Going from world to world, providing assistance and education to those poor unfortunate souls that need it," Nwul said casually, leaning back in his chair, "While I do so, I find tombs, crypts, and temples to study. It's a simple life right now, not really sure what it's building towards but the Force seems to be working in my favor. I always find such interesting people," He said and sipped again.

"So just a researcher? What do you do?"

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Jutrand

She furrows a brow, keeping a tighter grip on the book as her eyes instantly noticed his own drifting downward.

"Ah, a fellow academic then. My apologies for assuming your intellect then, I oft run into the slow minded who can hardly deal with anything."

The woman listens in as he continued to speak, giving him a simple nod in response.

"An educator... Might have you found any artifacts of interest while out on these little travels? And yes, a researcher. My studies are independent as I am not one to openly share them with minds so easily cracked open like an egg, you could say I study the occult and all things beyond our knowledge... Within my time searching I have even ran into beings so eldritch and foreign
to everything we normally know, with forms so twisted we struggle to comprehend them."

The researcher overshared a little, allowing the man to make a far keener assumption of what was really in that tome she clinged on to.

"This might be a bit late to ask, but is there any sole reason as to why you came over this way? I know how people act, how they move... You didn't come in here just for coffee."

When it came to reading faces and bodily movements, this hunter had mastered it. If she knew you for a short time chances are she could easily know when you were lying or when you were hiding emotions.

Nwul didn't miss the tightening grip on her book, his eyes flicking down at it and then up at her. He didn't say anything, though, rather just kept that easy smile on his face. He nodded along as she spoke, sipping at his drink and savoring the sweet flavor. He crossed his legs and nestled a bit more into his chair, letting himself get comfortable as the conversation tarried on. He enjoyed her oversharing, her personality starting to show itself. She liked to learn.

When she finally asked the important question, he tilted his head at her and smiled, "The Dark Side told me to," He said simply and honestly, not bothering to hide the spectrum of emotions that bubbled around him. He was an open book, a rainbow of feeling and excitement, joy and hostility, sadness and wonder, love and rage. He held nothing back as he sipped at his drink and regarded her with a pleasant smile.

"You struck me as interesting and I have a pretty bad habit of following my curiosity," He laughed and shrugged, "I originally came to this world to pick through a tomb I found on an old star chart. But I think I found something more interesting than Darth Sifas' old musky books," He winked at her and sipped again.

1pOTktR.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Jutrand

"Ah, so the darkside told you to go get coffee... A wondrous power indeed!"

Sadly for her, it would seem that for whatever reason... This stranger was pushed by fate into this place and right to her, but was it all that sad really? His flesh looked tender, eyes soft and squishy enough.

"Jokes aside, I would figure a tomb to be more important anyway. Though I am unsure what you would even find in there... If you haven't noticed this planet is filled with others who explore those kind of places."

The woman sighs, putting the book away in a leather bag.

"Unless this is just a really odd way to flirt with a lady?"

Nwul burst into laughter, "That's right, it even picked out my order for me," He chuckled and sipped at his drink. HIs little joke having gone over well. It was a completely baldheaded way of telling her that he was a dark-side practitioner. Could he have been more subtle? Sure, but he was having fun!

He laughed a bit more and nodded when she spoke again, meeting her eyes. He wondered what was inside of that mind of hers. She seemed to have wisdom beyond her apparent years. If he could taste it.

He clamped down on the urge, the hunger bubbling inside of him. The ravening craving for the minds of his victims. He let out a breath and sipped his drink instead, looking up at her when she pinned him with her follow up question. He chuckled. "You'd think a tomb would be better, but I've had so many arguments with dead old men calling themselves 'sith' that I'd rather flirt with a pretty lady, it gets boring," He teased, crossing his legs.

"Nwul, by the way," The uncharacteristic sith introduced himself. The word meaning 'peace' in the ancient sith language.

1pOTktR.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Jutrand

"Ironic name since you are disturbing mine."

Adeline quips back, deciding to engage in some fun herself with her tone making it a clear joke.

"Adeline, by the way."

She snickers, her fangs able to be seen for just a mere moment.

"Mm, sometimes arguments with the dead can help us learn many things. Sadly one of the main things we learn is that they tend to be rather... Unwelcoming. But I suppose I understand, not like I ever want someone rummaging around my home and looking through my belongings."

As for the last bit he had said, it was clear that his intent to flirt didn't seem to affect the woman in any visible way. Adeline simply made a slightly audible "Mmm" in response.

"You wouldn't be the first, I would say beauty can be a curse but I suppose it does have its merits. I tend to not think about such things, knowledge and the empowering of the mind is all I care about."

A
half truth, yet it was that half she held on to tightly.... Refusing to look at the lie, deciding to stand firmly on her unstable hill.

"I would guess there is a little more to it, don't you think? I can't say I have ever heard of the dark side leading people on a quest for love, do speak the truth dear."

She was no idiot, his previous intense glances at both her and the book told her that much... Unless he really was just a socially awkward pervert or something, a thrilling day... really.

He chuckled out a laugh, at her quip, "Charmed Adeline," He offered, "God and Slave."

The turn of phrase was a curious one, it was his way of greeting fellow darksiders or anyone else in a very formal and polite way. Even if the words were strange, the tone would be more than enough to broadcast the intent of them. He offered her a smile at her snicker, his eyes gleaming a bit at her fangs. He laughed a little at her point, nodding, "You're quite right, they don't appreciate it at all. I've been to more tombs than I can count. There was this one, Darth Vexad, yammered on and on and on," Nwul sighed waving his hand dismissively.

Nwul's lips twitched at her comment on flirtation, he shrugged. It didn't bother him if she refused his teasing, he was just having fun. "That's a shame, you should really allow yourself some time to feel."

Then she prodded him for the truth, "Alright, my instincts told me you were interesting, a kindred spirit as a darksider. Your taste for academia made you even more compelling. You know I am Sith, I am not hiding my dark side presence, I never do," He shrugged, "You would be surprised though about what the Dark Side expects of us. I'm a bit of a different kind of Sith and experience the world in a different way. It gives me perspective that my peers lack," He offered, sipping at his drink.

"I am Kissai. A Priest. To be clear. A teacher. A Mind Eater. A sorcerer. A wound in the force. And A delver in the eldritch and profane." He finally conceded, "This is what I am, all cards on the table. Greeting someone I sensed commonality with," He said with a slight bow to his head.

1pOTktR.png

Equipment | In Bio
Location | Jutrand

An interesting fellow, a priest... A so called mind eater as well. It would seem to her like the man was teasing her in a way, trying to push her into letting down that veil that hid her force.

"A mind eater you say? I have something of an appetite myself, though there are a great many things collected onto that plate."

She taps a finger onto the table, gazing at the man.

"Allow myself to feel? To feel what? I feel pride, anger, fear, ambition. Those are really the only things we need are they not? I have no family anymore, no friends, and no being has caught my interest."

A rather cold hearted individual, Adeline placed power above all. Her ambition knowing no boundary for now, she would extinguish an entire world and more just to prove a point.

"The dark side can expect all it wants, for it is a tool and we are the master."

Her answer making it clear she either knew Sith ideals very well, or was one of undetermined strength herself.

"You wouldn't happen to be out looking for something to eat, would you?"

Adeline snickers, licking a fang.

He watched her face as she questioned him, in the small cafe where they sat, no one approached. They seemed almost driven away by some unseen force. A man walked a bit too close and almost seemed to become distracted by something, turning away. Nwul's smile thinned a little and he crossed his legs, "Familiar in our endless hunger, then," Nwul said quietly, before raising an eyebrow at her questioning.

"Pride, Anger, Fear, Ambition, they are only half of the equation," Nwul said sadly, shaking his head, "The Dark Side is so much more than that, I walk the path of the full spectrum, the widest breadth of the force. I revel in joy, I feel love, I weep, I laugh, I touch upon emotions that our kind have misunderstood for so long. It makes me strong," Nwul said with a deep breath, then snorted out a laugh, "For an order focused on finding freedom and liberating ourselves, our peers don't exactly seem to be having a lot of fun doing it."

He shook his head, "I have no interest in rotting in a prison of my own making, hiding behind walls. The Dark Side is nature, it is life, it is experience, and emotion. I will not sit still," He bore his teeth, "You understand that feeling too, don't you? That restlessness that your path has yet to fully satisfy?"

He nodded, "We are it's master, but the force is alive, Slave and God, reverence where it is due," Nwul said with a shrug.

Philosophy was set aside, though, with her next question. His eyes went flinty and his smile grew wider. That wrongness behind his eyes intensified, "Perhaps, why, do you have a meal in mind?"

1pOTktR.png

She raises a brow before raising a finger.

"I do not need you to lecture me on a subject I already know, that is just an insult to my intelligence."

A strict warning to the man, this woman was not to be tested in such a manner.

"Of course I understand that path, ambition is what makes a Sith."

And Adeline was full of it, an ambitious creature who sought destruction for her own personal gain.

"A meal in mind? Why yes I had one in mind, but he ended up being just interesting enough that I don't want to pursue. I can catch another, a good hunter knows the right spots to watch and wait."

It was clear that her intent at first had been to lure over someone just like Nwul, she had to be a Sith... Her knowledge on the subject pointed strongly to it, the answer becoming clear as she let down her mask to expose her true twisted nature. Force grafted onto her through black magic, an aura of pulling hunger.

"You may address me as Darth Keres if you so desire."

Keres says as she set her empty cup aside, an authoritative expression adorning her face.

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

He chuckled, "Understood, I won't demean you with such things, I only speak from the heart," He touched his chest and gave her a playful smile as she spoke, he could sense the strength of her ambition even from where he sat, despite how she seemed to cloud the air around her. When she pointed out that her original intended meal was him, he almost barked out a laugh but instead snickered and sipped at his drink, setting the emptied cup down to his side.

"Oh do you? What if I said I know a pretty good spot for a meal?" He offered.

Then she offered her name and title and his smile widened further.

"And you may address me as Steward. I am Nwul, Steward of the Dark Side, I am it's servant and agent," He said with an easy smile and got to his feet, bowing once to the Darth before him. "You honor me with allowing me to stand before you," He said, though his words seemed almost playful, he stood up straight and regarded her with cruel interest, his golden eyes gleaming, "There is a basket of treats hidden not far from this city, I've learned of it through a ... meal," He said with a chuckle, "It's a bit much for me to eat all on my own, so I would not mind sharing, if the lady would be interested."

He cocked an eyebrow, "I've always wanted to share a meal with someone like you, Darth Keres."

1pOTktR.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom