Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private All the Things We've Got in Common

S21Dww4.png

Ruby had indeed vowed to take on the powers-that-be: the Corpos.

But that didn’t mean she couldn’t do that AND take some personal revenge, too. The curious case of the Ruby Jaxx doppelganger; a mystery to be solved (and completely destroyed). It was just creepy to know that there was an -- almost -- flesh and blood copy of her running around on Denon, doing who knows what.

With any luck, she’d put an end to it today. Speaking of luck, as it would have it, she was working with a young woman called Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx . Ruby didn’t know much about her, she hadn’t worked with her before that she could remember. She wasn’t great with faces and names and remembering things.

Together, the two women navigate the streets of Denon with ease.

This was their turf, after all. At least, Ruby felt that way now. Dressed in what might be one of her rattiest outfits, an unraveling sweater, torn black pants, and smudged makeup, Ruby blended in pretty well with the night crowd. Word had it that there was a new gang in town, one that was run by someone that looked just like Ruby. She’d reportedly been spotted on surveillance footage vandalizing a number of establishments -- even the Blue Flame Tavern.

The last time Ruby had set foot there, she’d been warned (and denied her favorite hot wings). So, of course, this definitely meant war. Tonight, she hoped to catch this… gang in the act. Glancing sidelong at Brie, Ruby sniffed and tilted her chin up slightly.

“So, uh,” she started. “You’ve seen yours before, right?”

Ruby trusted that Brie would know just what she was talking about.

Not surprisingly, Brie was sunken in thoughts as the two walked down the sidewalk of one of Denon's more shady blocks. A setting she had slowly grown more used to. Sure, she still felt the most at home aboard her ship and running from one salvage run to the other, but this was a part of her life now. A part that she was grateful of and did her best to honor and be good at, and at the same time try to find her family. A search that had gone on a few years now. She could do both. Very soon after beginning her search she had come to realise that she would go crazy if she focused on just that. Besides, running with Darkwire had surprisingly added a few pieces of that puzzle. Like that time many of them had that long, strange and very real dream. That time when she had met her mother and saw the back of her sister leave the appartment...

Like Ruby, she was dressed down in one just slightly oversized grey sweater and a pair of blue denim trousers. Her hair was, for once, let out with one side pulled behind her ear. What she didn't wear was makeup. The times she had was easily counted for on five fingers, one being that time on Frego where Daiya Daiya had insisted for her to put something on, that time when she met Ahxel. Thinking of it, it was probably the only time she had worn makeup! Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx was the older girl that seemed to have a fondness for tobacco, and who she had only seen at Darkwire gatherings and a few occasional missions. She seemed nice. Not overly talkative, but so wasn't she so it was

''Uhh, yeah...'' she confirmed and glanced at Ruby who was sideeyeing her. ''She... It was rather different than I am... I mean, the same appearance but... a whole other personality!'' Brie continued, as her gaze drifted away in thoughts again as they continued their walk. No one could blame her for it this time, as it was a very rare occasion meeting yourself in real life.

''So, don't be surprised if she's not like you!'' she pointed out and glanced at the older girl, bringing up a faint smile. New people was always like this for Brie. At least, it was not as bad as meeting that guy named Rajo when she salvaged in the lower levels of Coruscant. Ruby and her were in the same team, after all.

''I wonder has become of them now...'' Brie finished.

Through this little mission, they might add a piece to the puzzle of the whole Darkwire that seemed to have gained a doppleganger from nowhere.

Last edited:
Ruby listened, her lips pressed together into a hard line. She canted her head to the side slightly, “Huh. Hadn't thought of that – the personality and all.” she said. And she nodded slightly when Brie wondered aloud about what her double might be doing now. It was anyone's guess.

Her boots padded against the wet pavement as they walked, and her arms swung confidently at her sides. However, despite the determined gait... she was trippin'. Well, in her head she was. Making new friends had never been one of her strongest suits. And if she was bad at making friends, she was even worse at holding a conversation.

“Uh,” she started, her eyes shifting back towards the street ahead. “I heard mine is causing a fuss around here. Running with some gang or something... guess we'll find out soon enough.” Though, the anxious tremble in her heart told her but that's not soon enough. “This whole thing just... makes my skin crawl.” Ruby shuddered.

They were headed towards a night club called simply The Source.

“Soooo,” Ruby said, shoving her hands into her pockets. “You been one of...us for very long?” Shadowrunner, of course, she just didn't want to say the word outloud.

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

''Hm. Seems like it's the same for everyone who met these... things. I got thrown out from a scrap dealer because of mine, accused for stealing...'' Brie said feeling bad for it. Now, she had commited theft during her time in Darkwire but she would never steal from the hand who fed her. She was not completely without remorse when stealing from The Cabrals on Frego either, but that was also much because of Ahxel.

''They seem to be... worse, more sinister versions of ourselves.'' she clarified, and looked ahead as they walked down the wet street. ''Mine was even on the verge to start a fight with me... calling me an imposter...'' she added in a lower voice. If Ruby's was running with a gang and caused that much of a fuss, this could go in any direction. Brie just hoped that the older girl came prepared for the worst scenario, based on the information she had acquired. Brie quietly glanced at the girls waist if she could see a blaster or something, but could not make it out until the glance was feeling more like an awkward stare and she had to break it. At least, Brie had her dart shooter tucked down in a shoe.

The both girls could be compared in the sense that they were not ones to start a conversation or take up the biggest space in a group. Especially not in front of new faces. Brie was indifferent about that fact, as she was so used to work alone and the silence that came with it. Not taking her music player into account, that is.

''Uh, no... not that long. A couple of months, maybe a year?'' Brie said while trying to figure a more exact number out, but couldn't and left it there. She also wondered how much she could and would tell the other girl, but she had already spilled much about her background by telling her about the scrap dealer. ''You know Daiya? We met at The Blue Flame once, and that was when she kind of took me in. I guess you already figured it out, but... I was a salvager before. Still do some runs when we lay low. How long did you say you've been with us?'' she asked curiously with a glance at Ruby.

Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

A more sinister version of herself. Ruby let her mind linger there for a good long moment. Just what would that even look like? Messier hair... even more smudgy eyeliner... Hmm, no, too easy. Maybe it was a super clean-cut version of her, with prim and proper braids and some kind of uniform, properly formed sentences, eloquence and grace. The kind of girl that couldn't get her fingers messy eating endorian chicken hot wings.

Pure evil.

“Weird.” Ruby remarked, when Brie mentioned that the actual impostor was calling the flesh and blood an impostor. She side-eyed her companion again briefly. Were they going to need to create some kind of signal or word – something that proved they were each the real deal? You know, just in case things got crazy and they somehow couldn't tell the difference between the doppelgangers and them. Ugh. What a headache.

“Yeah, I know Daiya,” she confirmed, nodding. “We worked together once.” Meeting the other girl's gaze for a moment, Ruby thought back and her lips pursed like she'd just eaten a lemon. It wasn't that any of her memories were all that unpleasant, but thinking was work.

“Uh, let's see...” She trailed off, thinking back. “Maybe something like the same. Around a year or so. I didn't really do anything before that,” Ruby said with a shrug. “I was around Silver space before this; they got me off Irith, where I'm from. Then, I floated around the Outer Rim for a while before settling on Denon.”

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

Brie listened to the other girl when the two continued their walk through the urban world of Denon. The world that they both called home, Ruby earlier and more so than Brie. If the older girl considered it home, that was. Apparently, she derived from Irith. A polluted and overpopulated world ruled by the hutts, that would explain the older girls demeanor and the first image Brie had got of her; tough and undaunted, among other things. Brie nodded gently and in silence, the topic leading her into deep thoughts of her own background and strives to find her family. Strives that had been partially held up by this new life of hers, though it was filled with wonderful people so she would not blame them for that. She just wanted to add the next piece to the puzzle.

''I-'' Brie begun and stared down the pavement as they walked. ''I don't really know where I'm from...'' she continued and threw a glance at Ruby. ''Don't remember much from when I was young... I'm trying to find it out, though... I must find it out.'' she looked forward again, before halting on the rest. ''I had this weird dream, or vision or whatever a while ago... Where I was... back home... I think? A lot of us seemed to have experienced the same thing that day... ''

By some odd force, Brie felt that she could go out of her comfort zone and open up just a little bit for her fellow shadowrunner. She had run with Darkwire long enough to know that most of the people there was alright. They were like a family, and once or twice, she had needed to shake off the thought that it might be the only family that she would ever have.

''You think we're on the right track?'' Brie asked, slightly uncertain of their wearabouts now.

Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

Ruby's eyes widened slightly when Brie said she didn't know where she was from and that she didn't remember much from her childhood. Of course, Ruby was a mere second away from blurting out 'what, why?' but she figured that'd be rude. No matter how or why, she could actually relate, in a way.

Instead of immediately commenting, she let the words roll around in her head for a moment and decided to answer Brie's question. Pulling the datapad from her pocket, she took a quick glance down at the map. “Yeah, looks like we're pretty close – just up the street there. We'll hang a right at the corner and it should be there."

Continuing on, Ruby kept her eyes mostly glued to the datapad. However, the illumination from the screen might reveal a softer look on her face. “You know,” she started, her finger tracing on the screen as though she was studying the map. “I don't really know where I'm from, either. I mean, I say I'm from Irith, but really... that's where I was found.” Ruby swallowed and stuffed the datapad back into her pocket.

“I grew up in an orphanage. Apparently, I was found on the steps when I was a baby. I remember breaking into the records office as a kid, but my file was pretty blank. Chit, my name isn't even real.” Ruby shrugged. Her name had been given to her, probably generated by some database of orphan baby names. But she liked it now; she'd grown into it. As the words left her, she felt awkward – a mix of weight off her shoulders and something like embarrassment, maybe.

“Anyway,” she paused as they reached the corner. “I think we're here. Not really sure what to expect, but we'll go in and see what's going on.” The club looked like any other club here on Denon. But Ruby knew that appearances could be deceiving.

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

''It's a nice one, though. I like it.'' Brie said encouraging in remark to her friends name, and broke the moment of silence that had emerged between them after Ruby's slightly more detailed explanation of her background. Brie noticed there was something wrong, or rather different with the older teen. It was hard to tell exactly what, but something said her that there was more than meets the eye to the Irith found woman.

''You know...'' she begun, seeing that they both was in kind of the same position then. Now, she also got the feeling that Ruby was way past that stage. Ruby might not be interested in digging deeper than she already knew about her past, but Brie thought that she would at least ask. ''If you want, we can-''

Her sentence was cut short when they turned the corner and found themselves in front of what looked like a well crowded but ordinary night club of Denon. Her young green eyes watched as aliens and humans alike patiently waited in line to, after the bouncers approval, get inside. She had no idea if there was an age limit, but they had more than that to worry about considering their rather casual attire. Brie looked at Ruby. The queue was getting shorter.

''I guess we'll have to take our chances.'' she said, a spark of doubt glistening in her eye.

Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

Last edited:
She felt a smile tug the corner of her mouth when Brie complimented her name. Ruby didn't know what to do with such nice words, so she tucked them away into the back of her mind to recall later. Her eyes shifted to the blonde as she started to speak, but her words stopped short. And Ruby noticed an unsure look in her fellow shadowrunner's eyes.

“We'll muddle our way through,” she said, trying to be reassuring and not sure herself if she was succeeding or not. “Just follow me and, uh, act natural.” Ruby added a small grin.

Acting normal and natural was not one of her strongest suits. But, she could put up a pretty tough front like nobody's business, so that's what she did. Her expression grew stony, darkly lined eyes narrowed slightly, and her mouth closed – no longer smiling, but not frowning, either. There were a few credits in her pocket, too... just in case they needed to bribe Brie's way through the door. However, back-alley clubs like this usually didn't bother with checking ages.

And lucky for them, there was no cover charge for ladies tonight.

Just as she thought, the bouncer barely gave them a passing glance before jabbing his thumb towards the entrance of the club. Ruby glanced over at Brie and nodded; they were in. Neon lights and booming music was there to meet them. The dance floor was swarming and the bar looked like a cluster kark.

“I guess we'll just keep our eyes –“ Ruby broke off. Her finger pointed up towards the VIP section above them.

There, in the dim light was a girl that looked an awful lot like her. But, like, kinda glam and not tragic-looking at all. Next to her was a rather devoted looking harem of dudes. “Uhhhhh.”

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

Last edited:
“Just follow me and, uh, act natural.”

Brie was glad that she was with her fellow older shadowrunner, one that have played this game longer than she had. Without a fuzz, the both girls passed the bouncers and entered the noisy night club. The crowds on the dance floor and by the bar, people everywhere it seemed, heated up the place and strobes on the dance floor competed with neon lights. It was one of those hip places, especially for people that had access to the VIP floor above to which Ruby soon pointed out. Another Ruby had enough of attention to last a lifetime for Brie, if she was that kind of girl.

''You want to take the bantha by the horns, right away?'' Brie said a little concerned what would happen then and how fake Ruby would react to them. She looked like a real queen up there, looked to behave like one to. Brie got a bad feeling about all of this but soon followed Ruby upstairs. The VIP floor was unguarded at the time, but anyone caught up there would surely be kicked out of the club completely.

''What... What are you going to say to her?'' she curiously asked Ruby, to prepare or at least try to prepare for what was about to come.

Her question was put on hold, as they were taking the last steps up the stairs and a familiar blonde in dark eyeliner and black leather jacket almost bumped into them on her way down. It was Brie's own doppelganger.

Kriff, was the only word that popped up in Brie's mind.

''You?! I thought I told you to leave our turf?!'' the doppelganger said, both surprised and annoyed of their appearance.

''Hey, sis! We've got visitors!'' she turned her head back and called for the other Ruby. Now, this were getting confusing!

''See what I mean now?'' Brie said, turning to Ruby figuring that she got the picture of her earlier description of their clones. Wait! What did her clone or whatever she now was call the other Ruby? Weird. They were not exact copies of each other then. More like alternate versions that had their differences with the real one. Brie's sister was gone, or out there somewhere along with her parents, but she didn't know where.

Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

Last edited:
For the longest time, Ruby's mouth just hung open. She could hear the music, the chatter, Brie's questions, but it was all being drowned out by dead-air static. Was this what it was like to short circuit? Her body moved automatically up the stairs, and Ruby blinked hard.

“I, uh,” she started to answer Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx , but words utterly failed her.

She was still quite dazed to see her own double in the flesh, as it were... when the blonde nearly collided with them. It was Brie – but not Brie... another doppelganger. There was a harsher look about this fake Brie, the darkly lined eyes gave Ruby the sense that she was... more than just familiar somehow. But it didn't make sense.

And then, the doppelganger Brie spoke, calling the other her – Ruby – sis.

“What is this?” Ruby asked, her tone mumbled at first, and then she said it louder: “What the kark is this?”

The other Ruby was moving towards them now, followed by some of her dude harem. Why would artificial beings like these FAKES use words like sis? Well, aside from it all being an act. As far as Ruby was concerned, they didn't have real lives – only bits and pieces, things stolen from their organic sources. It was such a violation.

“Well, look what we have here,” the Fake Ruby said, grinning. “A couple of posers.” Everyone laughed on cue, save for the real Ruby and Brie, of course.

Ruby's fist was shaking, her fingers balled up tight.

“You're the posers,” she spat. And before she could think about the possible repercussions, her fist was swinging for the Fake Ruby's jaw. It contacted, but Fake Ruby merely stood there, and then she barked at her boys.

“What are you standing there for? Get them!”

Time itself seemed to freeze just when fake Ruby approached them, calling them posers. The outside noise from the club, the booming music and the buzz from the crowds, was all muted from Brie's head. The real Ruby said something inaudiable, before she, without hesitation, aimed a fist at her doppelgangers jaw. Brie felt and heard the hard gulp in her throat before the VIP floor was lit on fire and chaos.

With a shriek, Brie was immediately grabbed by the collar and pushed against the wall by her poser. She tried to grab at her face, trying to push her away, before the corner of her eye spotted a half empty bottle of beer at a table next to her. Brie panicked and with a quick move slammed the bottle on fake Brie's head. That made her loosen the grip so Brie could get out of the tight spot and back away from her nemesis.

''Sorry!'' she called to her ''twin''. Of course, she wouldn't have to be sorry for defending herself, but it all came out of pure instinct for hurting herself. ''I, uh... I knew you told me, but... uh... Do we really have to do this?!'' Brie added, seeing her doppelganger being wet from the beer and definitely more pissed than she had been before.

''Of course we do, dork! There can only be one of us!'' fake Brie growled while rubbing her head to ease the pain from glass hitting head.

''Ruby?!'' Brie called back to her companion to see if she was okay.

Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

Ruby's eyes went wide.

And it's possible that they may have been inexplicably misty. That's why a tear fell when a fist slammed against her own cheek. Because of the punching, not because of the rather strange emotionally charged moment that had just preceded said punching. Ruby didn't cry just because.

She stumbled to the side and tasted blood. But she recovered just in time to see Brie's double advancing on the real Brie. Unfortunately, she had a bunch of goons between her and Brie. But for some reason, the sight of it made Ruby angry. She pushed off with her heel, bent slightly, and barreled into the first man, knocking him to the ground. Next, she swung her arm again, thumb draped across her knuckles, the fist striking her target.

Having managed to plow a path, she got back to Brie's side in time to see the fake Brie rubbing her head. “I'm good, good – “ she managed to stammer. Fake Ruby's boys were well determined to do the bidding of their robot mistress. And real Ruby wasn't able to say much more, for she was immediately tackled by one of them. There was laughter in the background, just like Ruby's laugh... but harsher, meaner. Like someone that hasn't ever laughed for real.

With a grunt, Ruby managed to jab her attacker in the neck with a small stun device she'd had stashed up her sleeve (and forgotten about until just then). Now, there were only a couple left... but she could see fake Ruby beginning to retreat – towards a back door.

“No,” Ruby muttered, getting back to her feet. “We can't let her go!” she hollered, even though she wasn't sure Brie was seeing what she was at that moment.

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

Brie had to move sideways along the wall to be able to back out of the situation with her, for the moment, incapacitated evil self. It was a good hit and was definitely going to leave a bruise, but despite fighting for their lives, Brie could not help but to think of how horribly wrong it felt hitting someone that actually could be her real twin. The universe sure works in mysterious ways. The same had happened to almost everyone in Darkwire. She knew they had to go to the bottom with this later on. If they could get out of here, that was.

She was relieved when the older, and much more physical teen rejoined her side. The two of them was not left to chill over a drink though, as Ruby once again was attacked and tackled to the ground. Brie tried to quickly figure something out, but Ruby acted quick and knocked her attacker out with a stun device.

Fake Brie was once again getting to her feet and tried to get her bearings. She looked backwards and saw fake Ruby beginning to hit the road through a backdoor. One could see her disgruntled face when she realised that they were not staying. This fight was to be held somewhere else and at another time.

''Hey! Wait up!'' fake Brie called back to her boss, before turning to Brie. ''You're a lucky one. We'll get you next time, you and your dork sister ain't getting away with this.'' she spat at them as she retreated for the same door as fake Ruby left through. It was a threat to be taken seriously, but also words that left the blonde shadowrunner perplexed. She was not left to contemplate on it though, as another goon covered fake Bries escape and charged for Brie. She ducked the attempt and tripped the goon which caused him to tackle one of the tables instead.

Security staff were now advancing up the stairs as Ruby announced that they could not let them go.

''I'm not feeling to stick around here, anyway! Same way?'' Brie said panting, noting the fact that if they did they would probably end up in jail or something. The only way left escaping through was the same one as their antagonists. If she got the older shadowrunners idea right, she would let her take the lead out of this mess (to the next, probably).

Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

Ruby gave Brie a quick nod. Yep, they'd need to scurry in order to catch up with their doubles and also not get taken down by the security people that were stomping their way towards them. She ran for the door and went bursting through, pushing the door open for herself and Brie. And she didn't stop, her feet kept pounding pavement until they were safe in an alleyway. She bent over to catch her breath; man, she really needed to start working out.

As she recovered, the words of fake Brie came floating back to her mind.

“What did she mean?” Ruby said, straightening up and looking to Brie. “Your double. She said 'you and your dork sister.'” Dork... okay. But sister? “Who's sister?”

Ruby's brow furrowed.

It really could only mean one thing. Her eyes grew wide as she watched the blonde, and her gaze grew a bit softer around the edges. Now that she looked – really looked – there were some similarities. There was now a link to family, something she'd never had before. And truly, she'd never in her wildest dreams believed she'd have that. “We're related.” Ruby finally blinked. “I mean, that's what she was saying, right?”

For the moment, the blood-pumping adrenaline faded completely, and Ruby forgot about the chase. Without even thinking, she drew the younger girl into a hug.

Then, she felt really awkward.

“But, you know,” she started again once the hug broke. “We should look into this, yeah?” Ruby was reluctant to say the next part, and her tone grew quiet. “See if it's true.”

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

Brie was not late to follow the older shadowrunners lead towards and through the door, which the brunette smashed open with great success. It was obvious that she had been around for a few more cycles than Brie, but the blonde salvager still kept up pretty well with the pace. She had impressed Xan Deesa Xan Deesa once, and that was supposedly not an easy trick to pull off. They ran as fast as they could in what they thought was the same direction as their fakes, the bouncers closing in on them didn't give them that much time to think about it neither reconsider their choosen path.

Despite that they were essentially running for their lives, Brie didn't feel fear as soon as they left that club through the backdoor. Somehow, she knew that they were going to make it out of there and away from those people. She felt reliance and trust in Ruby. Good things. Some sort of recognition and familiarity, as they stopped to catch their breath and Ruby asked her about her doubles strange mention.

Brie was totally breathless for a moment, gasping for air while sticking close to the wall and trying to listen for and see their chasers. They were nowhere to be seen and although she wasn't really afraid, it was a relief to her.

“Who's sister?” Ruby explicated and Brie now turned to look at her.

A bright flash blinded her before the reality in front of her changed as the light faded, and she was brought... home, again. A scene from the events at Parcellus Minor was showed before her eyes.

''Are you coming, or not? Breakfast getting cold, you know... I got to bounce, but I'll see you after school, alright?''

That older girl, that brunette that she had only seen the back of, was it really...? It made sense. The events then and now did make sense. The voice was the same. What other explanation was there? So many thoughts raced through Brie's mind right now, as she stood there completely frozen by the mind-blowing realisation. All this time, all these years that she had searched for her family, her roots. Now, a part of it was suddenly standing right in front of her. How about that.

Brie felt a single tear gliding down her cheek just before Ruby pulled her into a hug and back to reality. She was reluctant at first. Given all the feelings and impressions that invaded her, it wasn't that strange. A very short moment into the hug however, she answered it with warmth and exhaled deeply on a shaky breath.

As the hug ended, and they were reminded of the mission they were on, Brie wiped that tear off her cheek before she looked at Ruby. This time with completely other eyes. She sniffled quietly once and nodded firmly.

''Yeah... You're right...'' Brie agreed, while trying to gather herself and get her breath under control. ''I- I saw you in my dream... I mean, I- I think I saw you... You know... during the nanotrip business on Parcellus Minor...? I was not sure who it was, but now... Now it all makes sense. The clues, the doubles... Everything.'' she added, a tiny trace of a smile witnessing that she also felt happiness over the fact, if it really turned out to be true.

Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx

Ruby's heart was pounding like she'd run a marathon. But a small smile formed on her face when Brie voiced her agreement – that they were maybe, probably sisters. It was like something out of a holo-vid, one that she would have made fun of for being too cheesy. In real life, however, it wasn't cheesy at all. It was touching, really.

“Parcellus Minor,” she echoed, and gave a nod. She'd been there, alright. But her own experience hadn't been quite so deep. Hearing Brie's experience only solidified Ruby's hunch – even if most of the people on Parcellus had been hallucinating.

The streetsmart Ruby had always taken a lot of pride in being an orphan, growing up rough and tumble, having a tough heart that didn't need anyone. Deep down, she'd been felt terribly alone – for a long time. Until coming to find Darkwire, actually. It was the closest thing to a family that she'd ever had, and now...

She had a sister.

“What about your – our – parents?” Ruby asked, drawing in a breath and holding it. The few times she'd seen Brie around, there hadn't ever been any people that looked like parental figures. Well, of course, Brie wasn't a child, she was old enough to be out on her own. “And how do we even start trying to find out the truth about this and our doubles?”

Maybe it was just Ruby, but she was finding it hard to keep her head on straight.

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

Brie threw a glance past and behind Ruby. Their doubles was long gone by now, and Brie had her hands full trying to sort every thought into its appropriate department of her mind. It was not far from a mess right now, but it also was completely justified. The easiest way to describe it was like her thoughts being the bits and pieces she usually hunted for, and her mind being one of ''her'' scrapyards. The aftershake of the slap-bang discovery called for a rest, and thus Brie fell with her back against the wall once more, lowering her gaze into the cold hard concrete below her feet - the ground that just had erupted in a psycological earthquake of epic proportions.

''I... I saw mom too... It was so real... At first, I thought it was just a dream, but... then I had these... Visions? Voices speaking to me... Telling me that... that... that it was not just a dream...'' Brie, still somewhat shaken by the situation, begun on some sort of explanation. Ruby probably thought she was a complete wacko. A single tear dropped from the edge of her eyelid and hit the ground between her feet. ''I've been looking for them, Ruby... I- I don't know for how long... For as long as I could remember, I guess... At every, single planet I've been visiting,... my main goal have been to find mom and dad... It's been tearing me apart sometimes, but it still is... I never knew of any siblings, though...'' she ended, bringing her gaze up again and looked at, what the clues and signs said was, her sister. Did this mean that she was a... Jaxx, too?

''I don't know... They have too much of a head start by now... We better go speak with the others. Maybe if we could get that recovered DNA examined, and then... Well...'' she suggested, unable to finish the sentence.

It was hard to tell what Ruby felt right now. If she actually believed in it, or not. At this moment, neither of them probably knew what or how to feel. Brie knew one thing though, and that was that she wanted it to be true and she had very few doubts about it being true. It would mark a goal to her endeavour to find her family. A question answered, and a mystery solved, for both of them essentially. Ruby also seemed like a great sister to have, judging by the few times Brie had met and been around her, but even more by her visions.

''How...'' Brie added, holding the question for a bit. ''How do you feel...?''

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom