Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All That is Necessary

goodwp.com_27562.jpg
Endor

Two months ago he was invited to have a nice, cheerful conversation with his concerned pink friend, [member="Joza Perl"]. That would make the third time that someone was interested in his new mindset. Luckily, she was pretty good at diffusing bombs, preventing catastrophe. How she did was still a mystery to him, but as grateful as he was, trouble seemed to follow him everywhere.

After journeying to Dathomir with [member="Dax Fyre"] to consult with a Witch on some things that could help him exact his revenge, he had became more and more anti-social, staying away from the general public to hone his abilities and further his knowledge. That was, until he remembered a certain someone whom would be the most disappointing with his acceptance to the dark.

He knew very well that she would take such an act as a personal failure as she tried to keep her love on the light side, or at least on the fence. But all good things did not last forever, and he had come to terms with the matter. If she would was a completely different matter. Whether she knew it or not, she was his world, and he stayed alive, literally for her. Not being suicidal, just risky. The Hands of Death had came for him many times, but he slapped them away and kept trucking.

Now he awaited patiently, his hair still wet from earlier when he jumped off the cliff into the water below him, a good 50 feet below him. Sure, it was rather crazy to some, but he loved the thrill. It was all that was really there for him anymore, as he had a feeling the Kitsune women he had fell in love with would not be happy with his change.

[member="Kimiko"]

Nature.

The white haired woman felt it all around her; the way the wind blew the trees, the birds above, the occasional animal nearby, and the way the grass tickled her bare feet as she stepped. Here she felt almost perfect...almost.

The nagging tug at her senses from up ahead was quite a distraction from the serenity around her. But she pushed on towards the designated meeting location.

It wouldn't take her long before her blue eyes peeked through a bush and at the small, cliff-side clearing. The lone occupant sat in a meditative position, wet, and solid as the rock he was on top of. It was a charming sight, seeing the one you loved in such a way.

But she knew what this facade hid.

Throughout her constant persistence, he had given himself over to allure of the Dark side of the Force. He had suffered well before she had come into his life, and she had intruded and pressed herself into it, attempting to keep a rapidly shattering mirror from completely breaking...

She failed...and it broke her heart to know this.

Now she was here, to confront her failure, and see if there was a way of salvaging their relationship.

Not just for her, but for Tsubasa as well...

Silently she slid beside him, moving to match his seated position. Her minimal robes exposed her bare legs as they crossed, but not for the purposes of seduction. Her eyes remained forward, taking in the grandeur of the valley-like area before them.

It wasn't long before she subconsciously leaned onto his shoulder and heaving a weighted sigh,"I missed you Nate."

It was hard enough to speak those words...and even harder to keep the tears back...

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"]

Naturally, with his eyes closed, mind wandering, he would have felt her presence when she was still on the ship. The duo were practically connected at all times, well on his part anyhow. Over the course of a few years, he had grown accustomed to always knowing where she was, her mental sate, and if she was in any pain.

The wind rustled his damp hair as he felt her grow ever closer, not moving, letting the Force flow through him, albeit much darker than he had grown accustomed to.

While he was out, he had received some new 'keepsakes', a scar that cut across his shoulder blades and a new knife, to which was resting beside him along with his discarded cloak and over shirt, nothing but a black tank top underneath.

Feeling her slowly rest her head against his shoulder, he would subdue the darkness within him, not wanting to make it any worse that it already was.

Muscles were tense, his body stiffing slightly, before relaxing, his veins visible as he slowly opened his eyes, speaking softly.

"It would appear the feeling is mutual, if not identical." Turning to look down at her, his voice would be almost monotone, but underneath there was a collage of emotions boiling, threatening to pour out from their confines.

Noting the internal struggle she was having, trying to refrain from crying, he returned his gaze to the front.

"Go ahead... unload. Let me hear it. Pour our your emotion. It's why we are her after all."

[member="Kimiko"]

It was true, they were connected to one another across the stars. Ki had read about these bonds, but it seemed as if theirs was more emotional. Admittedly this was true, but it had also helped her keep track of the boiling darkness within her lover.

Automatically, her tail rustled the leaf clutter behind her as her ears flickered to follow every sound, almost naturally. She felt safe beside him, being unarmed herself.

Another sigh, she knew he had been busy in private dealings, but she was afraid to know what they entailed. She knew he collected scars like she did figurines, though she hated all of his; every time he came back from some conflict or mission, he had at least one new addition. But they way he always managed to convince her they were worth it with his natural charm always seemed to pull at her heart strings.

He shifted beside her, but she still looked forward. The voice that her ears received was flat and foreign, but the traces of more within were still picked up.

"Tsubasa has become quite inquisitive about ship operations. She has taken quite well with Chika and the crew." Kimiko began on a light note, a slight smile appeared as she spoke of the young girl.

"Riko and Yoshiko have managed to track Dancer to Coruscant. We are making preparations to...hopefully...find out who I am..." her second subject was a little more touchy, but still a stall.

The woman's train of thought settled enough to focus on one thing that was burning her up from the inside. The words she wanted to say were having troubles forming as her eyesight became cloudy, the tears finally snaking their way down her cheeks.

She finally spoke through silent sobs, not in an outlash of anger or confusion...

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I failed you Nate."

Of course, he would be listening, but her first comments would go with a slight nod. He hadn't seen the young girl in a very long time, but he didn't know how to feel about the situation.

Then came the water works, the flames in his eyes dimming significantly as some emotion could be heard within his voice. "Don't start... you haven't failed anyone."

Hesitantly, he would reach out to wrap her in his arms, to try and comfort her, only to slowly place his hands back within his lap, a fist clenched. "You tried, and that's what matters... it was my choice."

Internally, he wanted to just hug and kiss her, reassuring that she did nothing wrong. But something held him back.

I'll probably regret that...

Instead, he would remain still, the majority of his muscles in his upper body tense, his gaze still riveted on her.

[member="Kimiko"]

"I-I did let you down. I knew I could never take the places of the ones you lost before me. I knew I was far from perfect...for feth's sake, I don't even know what I am!" her heart was on her sleeve...emotional and very vulnerable.

Pushing away slightly, she turned to him, almost pleading. Normally bright blue eyes were dull and full of tears as they bored holes into the opposing eyes she loved so much.

"But...but, I tried, and I am still trying, to be perfect for you. I wanted to keep you from the dark."

She couldn't hold it in anymore.

Pathetically, the woman crumbled where she sat, tail curling around her trembling frame. She pawed at the ground as a stream of sniffles, sobs, and incoherent babbles could be heard. Most of them apologies at how foolish she was currently...

"I never wanted you to replace them! If I did, I wouldn't be with you." Her words rekindled the flames within his eyes, his anger rising. How could I let myself cause this? "I honestly don't give a damn what you are Kimiko, it's who you are that matters."

Of course, he wouldn't mean to, but the pent up anger and sadness tore it's way through his defenses, Darkness filling him.

His heart wrenched as she moved away, before this, she would have moved closer, not fearful of what the man she loved became. Now however, she was all to ready to push herself away.

"Is that what you really believe? That you have to be perfect for me?" Heat would pour off of him, a sign that he was not happy. This wasn't what he prepared for. "Do you know the things I've done? What I've seen? I've killed dozens of men and women in my blind guest for revenge, and you want to be perfect for me?"

Anger was clouding his judgment, and he no longer felt any compassion of sympathy as the woman he loved crumpled to the floor. Instead of helping, he stood there, flaming eyes locked onto her as he watched the tears stream down her face.

"It's my fault, and I'm sorry that you feel that you're the one responsible... but this is me, and I don't think I can change it," The next few words caught in his throat, almost as if they weren't originally his, but instead something much more ruthless. "But, if you cant stand seeing me like this... don't. Go...go find your real home. Because clearly, mine wasn't of much help."

[member="Kimiko"]

She felt his anger flare up and radiate off of his form, her own began to raise. Mixed blame and overthinking had caused this rift in the infancy of their relationship.

Ki was naive, she would easily admit that.

But nothing could prepare her for a situation like this; having a disagreement transform into a full-blown war between lovers. Her eyes had read over many love novels and holo-dramas, and time and time again scenes like this were prevalent. It was entertaining...when it didn't involve you.

Shakily, Ki's legs allowed her to rise, still easily short of Nate. Her head was hung low, gaze adverted, bangs covering her eyes. She could feel his burning gaze burning into her.

The air charged statically as Ki's own aura blazed in stark contrast to his.

Slowly and silently she stepped forward, the tears were still freshly falling.

Stopping just short of him, she spoke softly,"It is your fault...all your fault...that I love you so much...that I would do anything to see to your happiness...BECAUSE WATCHING YOU FALL HAS...has..." her voice rose with her head until she was looking into his eyes...and even more so, her hand raised in a threatening manner and stopped, shaking above her...

Things were not getting any easier, instead they were getting worse, sensing her anger only made his heart wrench, she probably wasn't very keen on being kind, and he feared that his next few words were sent her packing, literally.

Burning eyes would flash brightly, watching her rise, internally screaming, only wanting to apologize and hold her tightly. Of course, such acts would never happen again at this rate, and that made his jaw clench, keeping him from screaming.

Feeling a new change around her, he would clench and un-clench his fist, waiting for her to spill, to explode. Then it came, her hand held out above her head, like she was posing to strike him. What the hell is that for?

"What? Has what? Go ahead, spill." Voice heavy with anger and pain, he would cross his arms, tapping his foot. "I've clearly got nothing better to do."

[member="Kimiko"]

The staring contest lasted for what seemed like hours between the two conflicted sets of eyes.

One set was hardened through trials of loss and fire...

The other was much softer, more naive to the ways of things...

But, a flash of acceptance shone in the lighter of the two and she leaped around the neck of her opposite...man did she have a habit of doing that...and held onto him for dear life, soaking the area of his shoulder with tears.

Burning embers locked with much light blue eyes, pain shining through like a light in a tunnel.

Only to soften, her meager weight in comparison to his colliding with his body, slender arms snaked around his neck. Surprise flooded his system, a slight lapse occurring before strong arms slowly moved to hold the shaking form before him.

Seconds passed, becoming minutes as he awaited patently for her to regain enough composure to speak.

[member="Kimiko"]

She cried onto the man she loved for a few moments, before she calmed slightly, burying her head into the crook of his neck in embarrassment,"I am sorry. I just want -need- to understand what is going on Nate. I love you, and I don't want anything to happen to you, or us..." she finally managed to look up, eyes swollen and red and tears still flowing, but she attempted a smile to show how she honestly felt,"...so please, don't leave me in the dark."

Arms remained around her trembling body, only moving once she looked up at him, distant eyes meeting her saddened ones. "I'm leaving..." There was a first time for everything, as he struggled to put his thoughts into words. "Dax and I, we... we decided to go on a trip... again. " There wasn't much else he could say without her worrying even more, but he hated hiding things from her, but is was for the better. He and Dax were in fact leaving, but their intention wouldn't be seen as good. "Don't worry, I'll -we'll- be safe, I promise."

[member="Kimiko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom