Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Terrain Heavy Ordanance

Sibar Laval

S
hex_test.jpg

Image Source: fractalsponge.net

Intent: To create a heavy artillery walker for the First Order

Development Thread:

Manufacturer: First Order

Model: All Terrain series

Affiliation: First Order

Modularity: Definitely not

Production: Semi-Unqiue

Material: Durasteel, Molecularly Bonded Armor

Role: Artillery

Height: 30 meters

Length: 25 meters

Width: 15 meters

Weight: 130 metric tons

Minimum Crew: 2 (pilots)

Optimal Crew:
2 (pilots)
10 (gunners)

Propulsion: Hexapedal

Top Speed: 50 km/h

Armaments:
4 MS-1 fire-linked heavy laser cannon
4 FF-4 medium repeating blasters
1 KDD2055 short-range turbolaser

Squadron Count: 1

Passenger Capacity: None

Cargo Capacity: None

Misc. Equipment:
4 FW62 compact fusion drive systems

Description:
This hulking behemoth was created using the frame of an old Imperial AT-AT. Designed by First Order engineers this walker was designed for the explicit use of dominating ground battles. All thought this walker is extremely devastating with its armor and weaponry there are glaring weaknesses. The AT-HO's weaponry requires a MASSIVE amount of power to use. Although this walker has molecularly bonded armor it does have a weak spot, the center of its legs. The center was designed specifically for the legs to move with ease and one good explosive could cause the entire leg to come of with it.

Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Transport

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Sibar Laval said:
2 Long-range turbolasers
I'm going to go ahead and rip the bandage on this: You cannot equip this weapon on this vehicle. The power drain of a long range turbolaser is more than enough to drain this vehicle in its entirety in less than a single shot (you won't be able to power it).
Long-range turbolasers had a significantly longer effective range and were far more powerful than typical ones, allowing ships equipped with them to engage enemy craft from a distance at which the enemy could not respond, though at the expense of even greater power drain; even when mounted on an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, the drain was quite noticeable.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Long-range_turbolaser
Remove the long range turbolasers, replace it, whatever - it cannot be placed on this vehicle.

Sibar Laval said:
8 MS-1 fire-linked heavy laser cannon 4 FF-4 medium repeating blasters
I need these toned down in amount, too. You're cramming way too many weapons on one vehicle, either these go lower or you drop some of the other weapons.

Sibar Laval said:
Primary Source: http://starwars.wiki...mored_Transport
Your link to the wookieepedia page for AT-ATs links back to this submission, please correct that.

Sibar Laval said:
Material: Durasteel, Molecularly Bonded Armor

Sibar Laval said:
Production: Minor
Quote from the Wookieepedia entry for Molecularly bonded armor:
Molecularly bonded armor was an immensely strong substance used in the Stars' End prison on Mytus VII. It was so strong it could hold while being barraged by an Imperial Star Destroyer's turbolasers.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Molecularly_bonded_armor
If this is going to be included in this submission I'm going to need production dropped to at best semi-unique, and I'm going to need a development thread of at least 30 posts. The squadron count is going to need to be 1, or N/A, as well.

Sibar Laval

S
Thank you for the review, I knew there might be some problems since I've never made a walker this large before. I have followed what you requested and I ask for archival until the development thread is completed.

[member="Bianca"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom