Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Great Tales Begin In A Bar

Going to bars had never really been her thing as Kat wasn't much of a drinker, but in recent years that had changed. Instead of drinking her troubles away she visited bars so that she could people watch. Sometimes the people that entered whatever bar she happened to be in were less than boring, but sometimes she got lucky and ended up with a real show on her hands. Few people ever noticed what she was doing or if they did they didn't seem to care. Kat was just an average woman with average looks; her face was the sort people forgot almost as soon as they looked away.

Sipping at her overly weak drink, as she wasn't big on the burn of alcohol, she watched the few patrons in the bar. Whatever the name of the place was she didn't care as their service was lousy and their food was nothing to write home about. Thus far the night was turning out to be a real bore and she stifled a yawn, wondering if perhaps it was time she changed her routine up a bit.

Sighing she gave up her people watching for the time being and instead returned to the datapad beside her as she ate.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Daxton Bane"] @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

For some reason intelligence assets all felt safe in bars, perhaps it was the hustle of so many sentients clearly doing something illegal or perhaps it was the alcohol that needed to deaden their sensibilities to accept money to betray their friends and employers, it really didn't matter to the Sith Lord. What was important was the fact he was contacted with information about a certain Republic politician who needed help securing his position. Now normally that was beneath Daxton's notice, but he needed to make friends among the Republic Senate if his next move were to succeed.

The dark purple cowl hid most of his facial features, leaving only a glimpse of razor sharp teeth each time he opened his mouth. For anyone who didn't know him personally he could have been mistaken for a mercenary or soldier for hire, he definitely had the aura of man who shouldn't bother with the insignificant details. Picking a chair that let him put his back to the wall, he ordered a Jovian Sunspot as he waited for his contact to show.

@Sargon Vynea @Kat Dawn @Alachei Mnemenos

The more Sargon traveled the more he ended up in these bars, and little side stops. He enjoyed them much more now that his normal days were simply filed with duties, and rich food. It was odd, but most of his meals were either taken completely alone in front of a pile of paperwork, or in a high end setting where every movement was weighed. In these bars he wasn't Governor Sargon Vynea of Bakura, but just another Zabrak traveling the galaxy. Entering the door Sargon picked up a familiar signature through the force, and with a look over he nodded to the Zabrak seated against the wall, seems he wasn't the only traveling Zabrak these days.

taking a seat at the bar the red skinned Zabrak pulled out his trusty bottle and put down credits for glasses, "Bartender, two glasses." Filling up both he slid a tip forward, and nodded towards Daxton, "Bring one over to the Zabrak, and I'll take something greasy and hot after, please." Raising his glass in Daxton's direction he twisted back in his chair, and waited for his meal. If the man wanted him to join his table, he would say so.

@[member="Kat Dawn"] @[member="Daxton Bane"] @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"]

Daxton spotted the other Zabrak as soon as he entered the bar. Now normally he would enjoy the company, but he was here on business. It might scare of his prey if he were to be seen with others. Taking the glass, he raised it in toast and shot it down, grimacing as the alcohol burned down his throat.

Summoning the bar tender, he had the man send over a bottle of his finest Kirnak brandy as an apology with the message that he might join his friend after he had concluded his business at the bar. Reaching for the pouch at his waist, he took out the ingredients he would need to roll out a hand made deathstick. Lighting the brown product and drawing a deep breath when he was done. That was the signal for his contact to approach, regardless of what disguise he might choose to adapt to protect their identity.

@Sargon Vynea @Kat Dawn @Alachei Mnemenos

Two unseemly specimens entered the bar, a bar which Selena had been watching for some time. Her trained eyes had noticed the other watchers as well but the eyes of the other seemed to hold more genuine curiosity than other intent. The former Shadow noticed the way that bartender seemed to be sending drinks between the two unseemly ones. Most might not pick up on it but the orders and appearance of drinks hinted at it. Odd. It showed that they knew each other but they were not sitting with one another. Odd.

A curiosity she noted but her primary focus was on her mission. She was trying to track the activities of a spice lord in the area. Get the lay of his network and try and deal with the problems it posed for local authorities. Her giving aid to the locals was primarily under the guise of being a bounty hunter. An identity she had worn on the side for some time as a Shadow within the ranks of the Jedi Order. Having an alias to get close to places like these without looking like the Jedi she was was useful. Though, she did dislike the blue hair and lip ring that went with her disguise, but looking the part of someone from the underworld required such things.

While toying with her datapad Kat absently looked up, her dark brown eyes taking notice of the few that entered the bar. First a Zabrak and then another, both of which gave her pause and set her mind to wandering. For a moment she stared between the two men, catching the fact that they clearly knew one another. As she stared she stopped everything she had been doing, making herself more than obvious to anyone that took notice of her actions.

Her mind wandered and it wasn't until a waitress stopped at her table that she realized she had been staring for to long. Blushing she shifted in her seat and ordered another drink, her brown eyes looking away from the Zabrak males. Swallowing she went back to her partially eaten meal and finished the last of her drink, a small smile upon her lips. Deciding that it was best to keep her eyes away from the two men to save herself from staring like a star struck girl. Snorting at her own musings she shook her head at herself and went back to her datapad, determined to keep from staring at the Zabraks further.

It's not like I haven't seen a Zabrak before...I'm such an idiot.

@[member="Daxton Bane"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik made his way into the small bar and set his flight-bag in one of the small booths before sitting down himself. It was simple why he was here, really, he was simply supposed to wait for Kiber to have the ship refueled and serviced so they could continue on with their oh-so precious cargo that would surely make them rich men. When a service droid approached to take his order, the spacer handed it a few credits and ordered himself some Corellian Brandy to start off with. He had no where to be, and for now it was simply time to relax.

@Daxton Bane @Sargon Vynea @Kat Dawn @Alachei Mnemenos @[member="Selena Halcyon"]

Taking his first few bites Sargon felt something in the force, or rather the lack there of something. It was like a spot existed in the room the winds of the Force did not enter, they flowed around it in strong currents almost as if the Force desired to permeate the blank spot. Closing his eyes as his chewing stop the Zabrak allowed the Force to guide his awareness to that spot in the room. Turning his head the red Zabrak turned his purple eyes onto the form of a young woman eating her food quietly, and working with a datapad.

Standing up with his plate in hand Sargon walked over to the table, and as he did he noticed that he felt another signature in the room somewhere. For now he just made a note of it as he reached the woman's table, there would be time the next curiosity later. "Evening, do you mind if I join you?"

@[member="Kat Dawn"]

"Hm?"

She had just raised her glass as a man spoke and naturally she looked up, while taking a sip of her drink. As soon as her dark brown eyes fell upon the man, she sputtered and nearly spilled her drink down her front. Coughing for a moment she covered her mouth and nodded, tearing her gaze away from the man. Smooth Kat. Once her coughing fit pass she met the man's violet gaze again, a nervous smile upon her lips.

Did he see me staring?

Swallowing she ran a hand through her hair and eyed the man, her eyes drifting up to his crown of horns. She studied them for a moment, before meeting his eyes once more and smiling weakly. "Sorry...I...assumed you were the bartender before I looked up..."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"Sorry...I...assumed you were the bartender before I looked up..."

With a smile Sargon sat down across from her, and laughed. "Not quite, though I do always bring my own whiskey, care for some?" Pouring a glass of it the Zabrak slid it over to her, and raised his own. Downing it, he kept the bottle that @[member="Daxton Bane"] had given to him in one of the large pockets inside his green robe. He'd save that for when the man was freed up from his business at hand.

Reaching his hand across the Zabrak smiled warmly his senses still moving around the empty space around the brown eyed girl. "Sargon Vynea Governor of Bakura, at your service, and may I request your name?"

@[member="Kat Dawn"]

Before she could decline his offer he had already poured the drink and slid it to her. Nodding in thanks she took a sip of the strong liquor, doing her best to not cough or make a face after. Eying the drink she took another small sip, acting as though she were savoring the flavor. I'm going to regret this. Setting the drink aside for the moment she took his hand and returned his smile, though, it was clear she was more than a little surprised that a govenor of planet wanted to sit with her.

"Uh...Kat Dawn, just...a wanderer." Her smile faltered a bit as she laughed weakly, again wondering why he had decided to join her. "So..." She tapped her finger upon the table and took another sip of the drink he had poured her, unsure what to say to a man of such power. "Sorry...I've never met a govenor for a planet before..."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon laughed at the short woman, "Well now you have, I've been met a few now, and let me tell you for the most part they're a bore. I'm currently here on other business though, but wandering is definitely one of my talents. My father was a trader of rare goods, and I've actually tried to pick it up behind him. I currently own a pair of bulk freighters in a transport company, so I can tell you from experience, wandering does have it's pay off."

Pouring a second drink Sarong lifted the bottle towards Kat offering her a fill up on her drink. "So tell me about yourself, you know a bit about me. What does Kat the wanderer do around these parts?"

"Oh...I'm good, thank you."

She took the last sip of the whiskey he had already poured for her and then set the glass aside, internally thrilled to be done with the burning liquid. Taking a sip of her previous drink she shrugged in answer to his question, smiling weakly. "Not much really...I just wander from place to place, doing odd jobs." Chewing her bottom lip she laughed weakly and ran a hand through her hair once more, "I think between the two of us I'm the bore here..."

Toying with her food she took a few bites, eying the man before her. It wasn't often the she opened up, but she was doing her best to not be overly cryptic so as not to offend the man. "Not sure where I'm going..."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

with a nod Sargon decided to try, and ask her directly about her uniqueness. "There's something special about you, what do you know of the Force? You see when I feel your presence in the Force there is an absence where you are. Interestingly enough I find the force yearns to fill it though, trust me in all aspects you are far from boring. In all the galaxy you are unique."

Putting his own Iridonian Whiskey away Sargon, took another bite as he continued to allow his awareness to float around the emptiness. It was simply fascinating to him.

"Oh..."

Kat blushed, both due to his compliment and at the knowledge that she now had to deal with a Force user. Sith or Jedi, Sith or Jedi...Is it racist if I assume Sith? Probably... Her eyes drifted from his violet gaze to his horns once more and for a moment she wondered exactly how sharp they were. Swallowing she blew her bangs from her face and shifted in her seat a bit, smiling weakly. "I know I don't appear on the radar...so to speak." She took a quick sip of her much weaker alcoholic beverage, signaling a passing waitress that she wanted another.

In truth Kat knew a good bit about the Force, but she didn't want Sargon or anyone else knowing that. "I'm one of a kind." She put on a cheesy smile and laughed, leaning forward a bit in her seat so that she could rest her arms upon the table. "I've...always been this way...I guess." She felt the same as she had always felt, nothing was absent from what made her...well her, but she knew Sargon would question it further. They always do...because I simply shouldn't be.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

With a nod Sargon chose to accept the information, "That you are, a mystery at that, and a unique one. I don't mean to pry at the matter, and if you know then you've been done this line of questioning before. Personally I was quite surprised to find I could use the Force, I was already a legionnaire in the Fringe at the time. It was actually just after that, that I became Governor of Bakura. I can hear the Force all around me, it speaks to me. It spoke to me of you."

Finishing up his food the Zabrak finished off his glass of whiskey, and watched one of the barmaids come over to take it away. "So tell me, where do you come from?"[/colorl]

"Don't worry about it...I'm used to it, honest."

Smiling she pushed her own empty glass aside, chewing her bottom lip as she eyed the man. "The Fringe?" Her head tilted to the side slightly in question, "haven't heard of 'em...I don't keep up with current events so well." Again she smiled, shrugging lamely as she held Sargon's gaze. She laughed and sat back in her seat, once more brushing her bangs from her face.

"I hope it said nice things about me," again she laughed, but quickly held her hand up in apology. "Sorry, I couldn't resist....It's something I'll never know so...I guess I'm a little jealous." Actually she was very jealous of Force users, but again she would never admit to it. However, her smile slipped away at his next question. It was a common one, but one she always seemed to stumble over.

"Dantooine."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"Dantooine, I've heard lovely things about it. I'm an Iridonian Zabrak of Clan Vynea." The words Iridonian Zabrak were said with slight emphasis almost as if it made him an entirely different species then other Zabraks. "As for the using the Force there is no reason to be jealous, personally I've found my aptitude at it to be far less then some others. I can't do any of the fancy tricks like lift objects, and the such, I am sure though if I'm patient I will find my talents in the Force. As for the Fringe, well now that is the place I call home now, and while my heart will always yearn for Iridonia I won't be returning anytime soon. The Fringe Confederacy is a place of refugee for anyone, even the blackest marked soul can go there to find a second chance, and be remade into something else. It is why I love the Fringe, its not a single idea, or people, but a great multitude. It's a place where anyone can choose their own destiny, and a new life."

Stopping he laughed and smiled at the woman, "My apologizes I get carried away sometimes, and yes it said you were special. Most things receive an even flow of the force, but around you it concentrates. It is searching for you."

Great, he thought to himself as he felt the faint but clear presence of another force user lurking nearby. Although it lacked the clear powerful emotions of a Dark Side user, the sith would not dismiss it out of hand. Either potential rival or threat it could be a complication that he could little afford to at this time.

His deathstick had turned to ash when he spotted his contact head towards one of the private booths. Rising up from his chair, he joined the disguised senator, sitting down to get straight to business of politics and shadow games.

@Sargon Vynea @Kat Dawn @Alachei Mnemenos @Davik Tren @Selena Halcyon

She smiled softly, her eyes drifting upward toward his crown of horns when he mentioned his homeworld. Before she allowed herself to stare for to long she met his gaze once more, silently hoping he wouldn't notice her interest in his race. She knew that inter-species relations were common throughout the galaxy, but she was still shy when it came to her own interests. Nodding she picked at her food a bit more, "its alright. There is nothing wrong with being proud of the place you call home."

Leaning back a bit in her seat she tilted her head to the side a bit, a faint blush staining her cheeks. "Searching for me? That's...odd, isn't it?" She knew more about the Force than someone who was dead to it likely should, but she understood very little about her lack of connection. All Kat knew for certain was that the void she represented was something that would forever cause others to take notice of her.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom